Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2310 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
40. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 21:13 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 19:17:
I need the ability to add a weight score to the games I have in my wishlist. It has grown so large, it would be ideal to sort by how I've previously rated my anticipation.

But yeah KY that looks like a good years worth of gaming there.

I haven't pulled trigger but I'm looking at:
Warlock of Firetop Mountain
Soma
FO4
The Division
Elite:D
NBA 2K17
House of the Dying Sun
Abzu (From past recommendations here)
Firewatch
Banished

Others:
Dead Secret
Couple Telltale's
One of Ruzar - Keep - Deep Paths (FPDC)
Rage for a song at 2.49

A couple of those are on my radar too.

FO4, crap still working on witcher 3, and I've not even finished Skyrim yet. Not sure if I need another massive 'go fuck off and do whatever you want 200+ hours of gameplay' game. I love them, specially witcher, but damn they eat my time like nothing else.

I definitely want a space sim like Elite: D or House of the Dying Sun. I worry the former will present the same problem as FO4, and the later will be cool for the first hour then just a repetitive slog.

I've played a little bit of Abzu, if you like the chill atmospheric games it's worth nabbing.

There are definitely things I want and I don't have much of a backlog of games right now, but just not truly excited by anything. I've gorged myself on some great games, and now Steam is asking me what I want to eat tomorrow.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Launches
23. Re: Steam Summer Sale Launches Jun 22, 2017, 16:00 Pigeon

Icewind wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:33:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 15:00:
Well, Search is dead for the moment, not the error report either. Only took 59 minutes to kill Steam.

Yeah, i'm trying to bring up a list of FPS and RPGs on sale but it's not even loading. I get the store front and my wishlist, but even on the web I can't access it.

Want to see if they've put Doom 4 on sale yet.

I've noticed a lot of prices haven't updated in my wishlist, though they sometimes how the sale price on various pages. I've still got several more hours/days/weeks to put into Witcher 3 so I'm in no hurry to buy things ATM. There are some okay deals on games I'd like, Doom(4) among them.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 22, 2017, 11:46 Pigeon

It's not an MMO, it's a small off duty Czechoslovakian traffic warden, it's red and blue stripped golfing umbrella, it's the Bolivian navy on maneuvers in the south pacific.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2017, 13:53 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 12:27:
RoboNerd wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 11:10:
Re: Guy Jumps on Semi to Run from Cops.

Blue - think that should be marked NSFW due to language...

Who DOESN'T watch videos at work with headphones?

Oh there are people...*glares at the divider between him and the other cubicle* Wait, RoboNerd is that you!?

News Comments > Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans?
5. Re: Warcraft III and Diablo II Remaster Plans? Jun 16, 2017, 11:42 Pigeon

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 11:23:
I'd honestly be happy if all they did was clean up textures, revert some of the asinine nerfs and give proper 1080p support.

If they were to transfer it to an entirely new engine then I would be concerned that they would either cut corners due to time or budget constraints or change the base game because some asshole at the top thinks "the lobby is a waste" or "trading creates a black market" or "talent trees and character stats are antiquated".

Just don't Jay Wilson Diablo 2, Blizzard.

A spruced up D2 would be awesome. If I remember correctly the old one maxed out at 800x600 so even getting it up to proper widescreen 1080p would be nice.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 16, 2017, 08:42 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 01:53:
Netflix joins Amazon and Reddit in Day of Action to save net neutrality.

Nice of them to have an about-face.

Still doesn't wash off the stink of them essentially saying, 'I feel for all of you I really do, and thanks for all of your support when this was something that was a problem for us, but we're rich now, so... fuck off.'

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 15, 2017, 08:43 Pigeon

I've not had compatibility issues, but I really haven't tried different adapters; I just use C to A USB cables. It may seem minor, but the cables are pretty inflexible. I got some nicer ones with a nylon jacket to help alleviate some of the issues this causes, but they remain unruly.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2017, 19:37 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 19:00:
eDave wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 15:39:
I'm looking at 120 on Tuesday. 105 today, 1teens over the weekend.

Oof. That'll leave a mark.

Specifically grill marks; be sure to avoid skin contact with grates and wire mesh. Also make sure to wear sunscreen, preferably something with zinc in it like a car or house.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2017, 11:30 Pigeon

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 14, 2017, 11:18:
90 WHOLE degrees? Might as well be living on the sun!

/Goes back outside where it's 92 degrees at 1018 with an expected heat index of over 100 by 2pm.

No joke, it was 80 at 6:30 this morning and humid as fuck. Though that's more normal for us, I can certainly recall it being much worse this time of year in the past.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 14, 2017, 08:33 Pigeon

And at $9000 only 3 to be sold. Okay apparently it's sold out on Amazon. I guess there are more people out there who've got that kind of money to drop and more importantly are willing to lug around the laptop and portable generator you need to power it.  

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced
6. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced Jun 13, 2017, 14:38 Pigeon

Quinn wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 11:42:
Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 10:00:
I never got into Long War 1, but I found Long War 2 to be a lot of fun and not too difficult.

Long War 1? Long War 2? XCOM 2 lover here. What have I missed? Does it... make the campaign longer by stretching out your progression or w/e?

You can read about it here. Basically it expands the complexity of the game play in all areas; more gear, classes, enemies, AI etc etc. Basically it's a better game all around, except alien activity is off the charts and failing to deal with can quickly put you in an inescapable hole. IMO it gets a little grueling, I think if they scaled back on that one part it would be a near perfect game.

I assume Long War 2 is similar.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's a lot longer. Makes the original game feel like the tutorial stage.

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced
2. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announced Jun 13, 2017, 09:58 Pigeon

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 13, 2017, 07:14:
Looks somewhat interesting, I'll probably get it. I was feeling the urge for another XCOM2 run anyway, although I was going to do the Long War.

Enjoyed 2 hoping this builds on that enjoyment. Also really wish you hadn't mentioned long war 2 was out. I have a real love hate with the original mod. I think I would rather it we're just longish war.

News Comments > Harsher Overwatch Leaver Penalties Planned
2. Re: Harsher Overwatch Leaver Penalties Planned Jun 9, 2017, 11:27 Pigeon

I support this, assuming it's a little more forgiving to people who get DC'd vs. those who rage quit. It's particularly annoying when the team is doing relatively well, but someone gets their panties in a twist for whatever reason and leaves. I've been in 5v6 matches that were narrowly lost, and assuredly would have been won is we had a 6th that were even mildly competent. It would be nice if they allowed back-fills for comp games, just make it so the back-fill couldn't lose SR; maybe make it a user option.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2017, 10:55 Pigeon

I normally just throw stuff like that out because it seems like too much of a hassle to go back to the store considering the cost of the product. I have taken back ice-cream that had obviously melted and then was refrozen; mother fuckers ruined happy time Angry . I support the practice wholeheartedly, in my younger days I had a summer job at a grocery store, so I know the dubious quality of items they reshelve. Pretty much returning stuff helps call them out on their crappy QC.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 9, 2017, 08:45 Pigeon

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 23:18:
@Lowe's: If it's not a job in a coalmine, we don't want 'em. #MAGA

It's only important to protect jobs in a dying industry because the voting base is still living in 1962. Fuck the sectors of the job market that actually matter in the future.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 7, 2017, 20:08 Pigeon

A politician that voted in the interests of people, despite being in a situation primed for corruption .  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 7, 2017, 13:18 Pigeon

Feeling better for not waiting on an HDR monitor that had the specs/features I was looking for. I find it hilarious they stooped to such an obvious trick and then allowed people to fiddle with the settings. You'd think if they were going to do that it'd be a look, but don't touch demo. I do wonder how much better they could have gotten the non-HDR monitor to look beyond just using the defaults; granted the default settings on high-end monitors generally look good without adjustment. I wonder if HDR will be one of those things that never truly arrives on PC’s, kinda like OLED monitors. Both sound like desirable technologies, but for various reasons just aren’t happening on PC.  

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 5, 2017, 20:04 Pigeon

:::SPOILERS from the FUTURE:::
Supreme rules to allow warrant-less tracking. Justice, you should have frozen to death for the company, writes the majority opinion.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2017, 13:15 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2017, 12:33:
The man had chosen a crucifix and pair of praying hands for his latest ink, and began suffering from fever, chills and a rash close to the tattoo after swimming, the news outlet reported. He reportedly developed sepsis in his right calf, which had turned purple by the time he was admitted to the hospital.

Golly so he chose to ignore science and prayer didn't save him?!?! Lol @ teh irony. More seriously however how fucking scary is it going for a swim with even the tiniest of wounds these days can fucking kill you. That's insane.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit eating donuts.

Life time of heavy drinking + swimming in the Gulf of Mexico seem to have inflated his risk of infection. So basically ignoring consequences and expert advice because you want to do something and not be told different. Also if you click on the original article you can see pictures, not for the weak of stomach.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 1, 2017, 21:34 Pigeon

Landline and mobile voice service are both considered telecommunications by the FCC. But "Internet service providers do not appear to offer 'telecommunications,'" because “broadband Internet users do not typically specify the ‘points’ between and among which information is sent online,” Pai’s NPRM argues.

*head explodes scanners style*

I honestly can't think of a satirical statement that does justice to how contrived and nonsensical that quote is. I'm not sure I can survive the dangerous waves of stupidity this administration is generating. My only hope is its supporters take the president's views on exercise as fact and start to die off from diabetes they can't afford healthcare treatment for.

2310 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo