Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2588 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2018, 16:44 Pigeon

Hoop wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 16:10:
Early ancestors were excellent walkers.
I guess when your options for travel were to walk, walk, walk or skip shimmy with jazz hands.
Must update my CV. Come from a long line of excellent walkers.

Skills:
Human Evolution (years of experience: 4 million)

• Can chase things till they collapse from exhaustion

• Effective at shedding heat

• High accuracy throwing

• Not a picky eater

• Works well with others

• Reminds me of TierZoo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCUNQYsgctY

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Clutter Apr 22, 2018, 16:16 Pigeon

Computer parts are the worst for me. 'It still works, I paid x amount for this when I bought it, and I might need it some day' are the standard reasons. Last year when I was cleaning out I found an old AMD t-bird processor. I might need it if I ever want to build a retro machine  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2018, 20:53 Pigeon

SlimRam wrote on Apr 21, 2018, 18:39:
    Verne 'Mini Me' Troyer is dead at 49

Sounds like it may have been suicide

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2018, 11:38 Pigeon

Nimh wrote on Apr 19, 2018, 10:58:
    There was an Army study a while ago on expired meds., they concluded that medications still worked well past the expiration date, but sometimes with slightly lowered efficacy.

This cold season was rough. Our toddler made sure to bring it all home between November and December, and it laid me out for a solid two months of various sniffle/cough/hack/fever fun. It all promptly started the weekend after our family flu shots.

I got sick three times this season which is a large increase over my usual zero times. I got my shot early in the season, but I hear it has not been particularly effective at protecting against this year's strains.

Hope you feel better Blue.

News Comments > Into the Black
    4. Re: Into the Black Apr 19, 2018, 08:55 Pigeon

She kept her cool and prevented a bad situation from getting much, much worse. Certainly deserves any praise directed at her.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
    2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 19, 2018, 08:30 Pigeon

If memory serves correct net-neutrality only became a thing under Wheeler after the telecoms successfully sued the FCC to get rid of less stringent regulations. They would appear to be their own worst enemy.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 11:25 Pigeon

Agreed Advil is for chumps, you need to be taking a highly diluted solution of snotty child mucous.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2018, 11:54 Pigeon

You can almost hear the 'fuuuccckkk' as the person sees the cop. I've had the pleasure of seeing that before, guy on a motorcycle was passing everyone by driving on the shoulder, saw him a few minutes getting a ticket.  

News Comments > Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released
    9. Re: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA Released Apr 17, 2018, 08:36 Pigeon

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 04:07:
    El Pit wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 03:56:
    Task wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 23:38:
    "Ys" is the land or continent in these games that the people inhabit. The subtitles of these games usually has to do with some event within the game. "Lacrimosa" is a process defined in that game that trigger something about an extinction event, in other words you would have to play the game to find out what it means.

Kind of like "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" for someone who has not played a Witcher game or is unfamiliar with European folklore would no idea what "Wild Hunt" means until they played it.

It's a jRPG Cutter, just look it up - the internet is at your finger tips.

The "Wild Hunt" is known beyond the Witcher games since the middle ages. Just look it up - the internet is at your finger tips. Are "Lacrimosa" and "Ys", too? Apples and oranges.

Next: Xs: Nimbletonisation of Prwzlykk

yeah, the wild hunt is going so far back you'd have to become a druidic pagan before 0BC to really get to where it started. Lacrimosa is just flat out wrong language. If they meant Lacrimoso (Italian) then they would have accidentally hit a far better title though ;p

Also why do japanese game titles always shout...

Am I the only one whose google works? It's Latin for tearful. Come on guys, surely you can find some better nits to pick than that?

I've played the first two games in the series they were enjoyable. Pretty old school mechanics though; basically you bump into things with the pointy end of your sword to kill them. This however, as someone guessed, is apparently a rather broken port.

5. Re: Superiority Complex Apr 16, 2018, 14:03 Pigeon

If you always think you're right, why bother with anything that says otherwise since by default contrary information is wrong.

I think this study is aimed at a very specific kind of person, though likely to be the most vocal, but it ties nicely into other research. When people are reasoning on topics they have emotional ties to, i.e. politics, a different part of the brain is used than other forms of reasoning. The overall message should be stop treating political parties like theyre your sports team, or part of your religious beliefs. Unfortunately this sort of research mostly falls on deaf ears, except the people who use such information for their own ends.

News Comments > etc., etc.
    2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 13, 2018, 21:41 Pigeon

Gotta agree with the Fontaine fight. The whole premise of the game is centered around him being a master conman, and at the end he just roids up and it becomes a slugfest.

Agree about Nihilanth, been a long time since I played through the original, but I remember that being a rather lame fight.

Come to think of it roided up Joker from the otherwise fun Arkham Asylum was a bit of a let down. So I guess that means unless the final boss is a body builder or a player in MLB having them take a bunch of steroids is a bad gimmick for the final battle.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2018, 13:33 Pigeon

The truth is Im an idiot and wanted to befriend them, Fish said, according to the warrant. Im immature.

That is some top shelf pathetic right there.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
    5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 13, 2018, 08:34 Pigeon

My only gripe with the last season is how they handled Trish's addiction. Given her history with addiction it would have been nice to see her struggle more internally with using, and a stronger catalyst for her use and reuse. She was very annoying for most of the season, though I feel they wrapped her story up pretty well.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
    1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 12, 2018, 15:33 Pigeon

Preparing for a congressional hearing by watching the Social Network... thank you Montana. For your repesentative's poor performance we'll be taking away two of your state's three electoral votes. You can have them back when you read the book instead of watching the movie, or at least use cliff notes.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 12, 2018, 15:01 Pigeon

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 11:56:
    RedEye9 wrote on Apr 12, 2018, 11:42:
    You will never be able to afford another GPU for as long as you live. Thanks BitCoin. sigh

Im quite pissed at myself for not seeing the potential of Bitcoin a couple of years back when I had the capital to invest in it. Would have been on a 1080Ti by now, regardless of its price

Don't worry there'll be another big drop in a few days or a week. This seems to be mirroring the rest of the market; big sell offs followed a few days later by equally large buy ups. This kind of volatility is probably not a good sign. I'd guess the market is overvalued and the big players are doing some profit taking to ensure they don't get fucked in case there's a big correction. Then again WTF do I know

News Comments > Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes
    14. Re: Steam Spy Ending Due to Steam Privacy Changes Apr 11, 2018, 13:13 Pigeon

Beamer wrote on Apr 11, 2018, 11:50:
    Funny how some blame evil AAA publishers for this, others blame whiny "SJW" indie devs for this.

Everyone has a boogeyman. My guess is this is just about privacy and what's going on with other social networks, which Steam is as well as a store. EU regulations mandated this.

That's what the deep state pizzeria crisis actors want you to think.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    12. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2018, 13:58 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 11:47:
    WaltC wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 11:10:
    CNN calling out Facebook for hosting a fake page is pot calling kettle black...;) Unlike CNN's deliberate, calculated fake news, FB simply hosted the page. It is true, however, that FB made no effort to verify the page as legit, even though it was a FB page seeking donations. Not surprising as FB never questions much of anything tied to "liberal" political causes, fake or otherwise.

Ah, yes. CNN, that bastion of fake news. Let's see what the empirical evidence says:
    And as for CNN? It has the best record among the cable networks, as 80 percent of of the claims rated are Half True or better.

I thought one of the bedrock principles of conservatives was honesty. So why do lie all the time Walt? You're like the anti-CNN, literally 80% of what you say is a lie.

CNN tends to gravitate more towards the sensational than trying to spin stories in one direction or the other. FOX looks like some right-wing nutter scribbled his rantings on the back of McDonald's burger wrapped and then a bunch of editors cleaned it up into something semi-presentable. MSNBC isn't too far behind that... their stories are scrawled on an organic biodegradable Panera wrapper...

Also the bedrock of conservative principle is, laws and morality are weapons to be used against opponents, not something we have to abide by. See conservatives calling for blood when Franken got caught being creepy, and giving Trump a mulligan for his multiple infidelities and general sleaziness towards women.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2018, 17:58 Pigeon

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 16:51:
    Same can be said about the Travis Walton UFO incident which the movie Fire in the Sky is based off of. While I love the story and the movie it was pretty much debunked by a member of the UFO community since Travis was using countermeasures, the discrepancies with the crew as well as another test which exposed a tremendous amount of bullshit deception which got buried.

Leave the polygraph to Maury Povich trying to find daddies.

What aliens can't be baby daddies? Pretty sure Ripley would disagree.
    Xenomorph queen, asked if that face-hugger was yours you said no. The lie detector test said that... was... A LIE.

News Comments > Into the Black
    1. Re: Into the Black Apr 3, 2018, 21:04 Pigeon

Geese, dumb as a sack of dirt and as aggressive as your great aunt's Shih Tzu.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2018, 14:48 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 13:50:
    Quboid wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 12:50:
    I call bullshit, Blue watched the finale. He said it should be called Lovers.

Because heaven forbid I actually remember useful stuff...
    After some sleuthing; I didn't see anything in the forums but he did say this on May 7, 2004 in OOTB on the day after the finale.
    Funny, after my comment about Friends yesterday, MrsBlue came home determined to check it out for the precise reason that we had never seen it before. This mirrored her experience with Seinfeld, a show I always enjoyed, but she likewise never saw until the finale. Now I can't figure out why this show was called Friends and not Lovers, in as much as they all seem to have hooked up with each other over the course of time.

Uhoh, Blue's getting a pants on fire rating over at politifacts

2588 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 3.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo