Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2138 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Lúcio Coming to Heroes of the Storm
4. Re: Lúcio Coming to Heroes of the Storm Feb 4, 2017, 09:36 Pigeon

Slick wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 23:46:
Frijoles wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 19:15:
Slick wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 18:11:
I like how he can wall-ride the terrain for some reason.

Does it on OW too. Although I've only seen it on the map with the bottomless pit in the center of the capture point. Rides around the wall until he can get out. Think I'll try it on other walls next time I play.

Looks weird seeing him in HotS where the animations are not nearly so fluid.

For sure, I've seen people do some neat tricks in OW with him, I just can't see the benefit in HOTS, perhaps he gets a speed boost? or a +xp style flair bonus? lol

And that map you speak of in OW, that's my fav map as Roadhog, I just strafe around the sides of that basin, and my hook is the perfect length to grab people from the other side and drop them into the abyss. One round I got 4 of those hooks in a row, it was some of the most fun I've had in that game.

Nothing more satisfying than hooking people into the well. Lucio can boop people into it too. On some of the King of the hill maps Lucio can wall ride inside the point. Since he's already hard to hit, it's a great way to defend a point that would otherwise be taken.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Overwatch Cheaters Banned
3. Re: More Overwatch Cheaters Banned Feb 3, 2017, 10:27 Pigeon

Maybe it'll get the "PC Bang" proprietors to monitor their PCs more closely. I assume it costs them to keep having to buy new accounts.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2017, 10:21 Pigeon

That little fox is adorable.

My cynical side wonders if car safety hadn't improved, if we'd have less people driving liking complete dolts. I feel the improvement in braking alone has emboldened people to drive closer, and pull-out suddenly with the expectation they or others will be able to brake in time.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 3, 2017, 09:56 Pigeon

...in a move to reduce operating expenses and help India with its over population problem, the new factory will not be installing suicide nets.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division
11. Re: Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division Feb 1, 2017, 13:23 Pigeon

coldcut wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 11:30:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:33:
To quote the line from Spaceballs. "Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the movie is made. Spaceballs-the T-shirt, Spaceballs-the Coloring Book, Spaceballs-the Lunch box, Spaceballs-the Breakfast Cereal, Spaceballs-the Flame Thrower! The kids love this one. And last but not least, Spaceballs the doll, me. (Doll: May the schwartz be with you!) Adorable." So I guess we'll see Mike Morhaime-the action figure with karate-chop action.
I'd totally dig a life-sized Sylvanas doll

They're only allowed to sell those to their Japanese customers.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 1, 2017, 13:18 Pigeon

If you can't make it with the fans what's the point  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 15:59 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 15:27:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:18:
We'll see what actually happens, but so far his orders have only made things more difficult for people who have the least or are suffering.

H1B tech workers are not exactly suffering when you look at the requirements and frankly I don't really care, their recruitment already negatively impacts American workers. I have a hard time empathizing with the corporations either. Several are already claiming this is a violation of freedom and that H1B visas are a normal tech recruiting tool (something that was never intended in the first place).

Which is why I say we'll see what happens. It's easy to fuck over people with no power or resources, but there's a lot of money involved in this. He could either make some more chest-beating statements and do nothing, or produce some policy full of strong language that doesn't actually change anything. So while I support limiting H1Bs, I'm very suspect of what he'll actually do.

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 14:29 Pigeon

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:23:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:18:
We'll see what actually happens, but so far his orders have only made things more difficult for people who have the least or are suffering.
You mean like Obama's? When he blocked allowing Christians and Yazidis who are being ethnically cleansed from claiming asylum in the US? That's why during the last round of "import refugees" there were under 100 from either of those groups despite the demand being there from them. So far the only thing Trumps order has done, is the same thing as Obamas. Based off Obama's own security analysis recommendations.

Yes, just like the order Obama signed specifically banning Yazidis and Christians from seeking asylum in the US so they could continue to be ethnically cleansed.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 13:18 Pigeon

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jan 31, 2017, 08:58 Pigeon

yuastnav wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 03:13:
Yeah, this seems really baffling? Why Warhammer? It's a completely fictitious universe and no one who'd come into contact with it would think "man, really need that fox pelt".

On the other hand, when I see the figurines, why the hell would a Space Marine squad wear fur? Makes absolutely no sense, you'd really use a material that is more durable and can withstand a tank shot.

Fur on the armor is probably one of the least ostentatious things about the armor.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 30, 2017, 14:15 Pigeon

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 13:32:
Ah, I see... I guess that makes some sense. *shrug* Always seemed to me plenty of their advertising was pointed at non-corporate targets -- but that could be a bad interpretation by me.

Well home sales may not have been the meat of the office income, but they certainly wanted that gravy. I think there are too many free options out there, that more than meet the needs of home users, for anyone to consider paying for office 360 or a standalone version of office. Personally I prefer office, but if I hadn't gotten a cheap version through work I'd still be perfectly happy using Libre.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2017, 15:46 Pigeon

Pro tip: When observing wildlife don't get between animals and their escape route.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 27, 2017, 14:30 Pigeon

Isabellab spoke with fan site Raiders Tavern and defended his actions, saying they were retaliation for an alleged attack on Method's server, Tarren Mill. "Who was behind that, I don't know. I don't think it's directly Serenity, but more than fan base of Serenity," he says. "The downtime Serenity had was equal to the time lost for Method," so in Isabellab's view, blocking Serenity from raiding "did even out the race".

Just how pathetic people can be never ceases to amaze me; bonus points for trying to rationalize being a douche. I am more and more convinced schools need to start teaching emotional education; i.e. thoughts and feelings are not facts, people can't read your mind so don't hold them to expectations you've not told them about, your perception of events is but one of many.

News Comments > 25M Overwatch Players
4. Re: 25M Overwatch Players Jan 27, 2017, 13:23 Pigeon

It would be interesting to know what the peaks and averages have been on a monthly basis since it released. I've not been playing as much recently, really been into Witcher lately, but if queue times are any indication I'd say they have plenty of people playing.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2017, 16:06 Pigeon

Big solar power has infiltrated deep into our highest scientific institutions to mislead the public and our public universities to corrupt our young minds. Mean while look at poor little Exon Mobile, not even allowed to take Iraq's oil. If only we had let them leave that nation with no natural resources and nothing but poverty and blown out buildings there wouldn't be ISIS. DAMN LIBTARDS  

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster
13. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 25, 2017, 08:41 Pigeon

One can hope this is a test run of a new capture the flag game mode, and not just a one time gimmick. So far it seems the team that attacks most aggressively gets the win and D.Va is a rock star at flag carrying.

Also the test realm patch change went live. Only really tested out D.Va, she seems slightly squishier, can't tell a difference in damage. If anything it seems to have improved her medium to long range damage.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 11:46 Pigeon

Dacote wrote on Jan 20, 2017, 11:21:
After the inevitable impeachment the trumptards will revert to their slime-mold stage.

I admire your optimism.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2017, 10:44 Pigeon

Wow, embarrassed I didn't realize Alan Tudyk was Wash. Granted it's been 10 years since I've watched it, but I'd have thought my brain would have made the connection at some point. Ah well, just one more huge reason to like the guy.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2017, 19:57 Pigeon

I loved everything the original Long War did... until it lasted forever.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2017, 11:08 Pigeon

Who was supervising, Michael Vick? If the stunt was so safe why wasn't the trainer in the water to coax it in, it's not like this was a bath tub where the chance of drowning is non-existent.  

2138 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo