Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2003 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2016, 08:42 Pigeon

Moral of the story if you're going to leave a negative review don't make several verifiably false allegations. I don't know if these people had some sort of ill conceived scheme, or if they were trying to pull the ole, pretend to be a victim over something that's your fault and throw a tantrum until someone gives you what you want just so you go away, trick. Unfortunately that only works at the customer return line of Target and not against a lawyer.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2016, 22:48 Pigeon

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 22:14:
Newton sure ain't doing any better though. He has been sacked so many times that if he were a bag of potatoes, he could feed a small country.

For awhile there I thought Cam put on a Broncos jersey, but it was just Ware and Miller hanging on him like a coat. Panthers probably had the most explosive offensive plays but that Denver D. was not messing around.

I'm happy for Manning, but he needs to retire. I think he downed himself like 4 times stumbling around. Also so weird seeing Kubiak on the side lines of a winning a Super Bowl team.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
7. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 15:37 Pigeon

I've played the training mission, I guess they want you to get used to soldiers dying as you're forced to get two killed. It runs a bit slow on the highest settings for me, but I'm still playing long war, so maybe by the time I'm done with that they'll be some drivers/patches that smooth things out a bit.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 7, 2016, 15:29 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 15:14:
Yeah, having the Superbowl on a Sunday is still one of the dumbest ideas ever. The Panthers look pretty unstoppable but Cam gets flustered pretty easy and Peyton is just the opposite so I'll call it for the Broncos. It should be an interesting game.

Completely agree about Cam, and the Broncos have a defense that can create that situation. That said Panthers have a solid defense too, and Peyton isn't what he used to be. I think the Panthers will take it, but I'm hoping for a great game more than anything else.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 6, 2016, 16:54 Pigeon

Comcast, FOX, and Disney are the joint owners of Hulu; I don't see Time Warner being able to bully them. Not saying it can't happen, but I have some serious doubts they're going to be able to reverse Hulu's current direction. Access to current TV series is pretty much the reason to subscribe.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 6, 2016, 12:34 Pigeon

If true the station was exceptionally stupid. Station policy should shouldn't have allowed any of offenses mentioned. I'd make a horrible person pun about boners, but it looks like the ars comments section has that covered.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 5, 2016, 14:26 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 13:50:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 5, 2016, 11:40:
How to design computer peripherals:
Give it a titanic name
Throw in extra zeroes in the name
Gun-metal grey
Throw in buzzwords like "sleek and stealth aesthetics"
Give it lots of flashing light options
Fancy mechanical switch wordplay
Extensive macroing ability which can potentially get you banned in online games
Bam, $200.
Asus took it one step further with adding a carrying case. Lol.
You forgot unbelievably ugly.
I'm happy with my Brown MX Cherry keyed blue backlit Duckyshine Zero.

I thought you were continuing to riff with the joke, specially with a name like Ducky Shine, but google search says real product...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2016, 16:00 Pigeon

|RaptoR| wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 15:29:
Verno wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 11:00:
Totally stoked for XCOM2, the hype is real.

Can't wait. Preload complete!

I just finished Xcom Enemy Unknown for the first time last night. Shocked I almost missed out on such a fantastic series. Taking heavies to the sky with Archangel Armor and dropping rockets has got to be one of the most satisfying things.

Also, medics with Archangel to get to your rooftop snipers that catch the unfortunate round or two.

Longest workday EVER

I'm still in the thick of Long War. It's gotten real hard and I'm realizing I've been slacking on weapon and armor upgrades. The worst was a small map that had 9 mechs (2 of the big daddy mechs), 8 or so mutons, 6 muton elites and a hand full of sectoids to make the mechs even harder to kill. It was pretty much impossible with the equipment I had because after 4 or so turns the entire map would have converged on me. Proud to save scum . My biggest problem with Long War is it's hard to go 1 day without something popping up, making it difficult to get things researched, healed or built to deal with problems. AND probably more important the epic fuck ton of Alloys you need for just about anything. I actually have access to make some nice equipment, but I don't have anything close to the hundreds of alloys I need to equip my team.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 4, 2016, 13:55 Pigeon

Someone needs to setup a technology education center in East Texas. Matter of fact I'll do it; if all the companies that keep getting sued just pitched in and gave me a few million each I could save them 100s of millions. On another note, it's funny how similar east Texas looks to a beach in the Caribbeans.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 4, 2016, 13:44 Pigeon

descender wrote on Feb 4, 2016, 12:47:
This won't go anywhere, their entire "lawsuit" is.... WAAAAAAAAAAAA with some tears mixed in. I'm surprised BC is even as worried as they seemingly are.

If the complainant drags it out, things can get very expensive with legal cost. I assume that's their strategy.

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2016, 15:08.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 4, 2016, 13:25 Pigeon

They have some pretty aggressively priced internet/TV packages for 6-12months. The TV portion is essentially free when compared to just an internet package. Of course once the 6-12 months is up your bill will more than double, so assuming that's why they're getting so many new subscribers it'll be interesting to see if they can hold onto them.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 3, 2016, 21:51 Pigeon

Coincidentally Blast is the name Comcast uses for some of its internet services. Who says there isn't truth in advertising.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 3, 2016, 13:08 Pigeon

Surjtech was just a puppet entity created by all the shady USB cable producers to keep this guy from exposing their crappy products as crap./conspiracy Paranoid  

13. Re: Out of the Blue: Game Settings Poll Feb 2, 2016, 16:50 Pigeon

MajorD wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 12:08:
Just 'out of the Blue' and complete curiosity, what game settings do you select for:

Invert Mouse Y Axis: Yes or No

Motion Blur: On or Off

My settings = Yes and Off.

Invert Mouse Y Axis: Only in flight sims where this isn't on by default.
Motion Blur: Nothing says amazing triple A graphics like blurring the fuck out of everything. Like someone else said only if it's over done and interferes with game play, or looks fugly.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 1, 2016, 14:13 Pigeon

Mine came in mostly fine, but they had some gum covering them in the back and caused some irritation, so I ended up having them removed. No complications from the process really other than the grossness until everything healed. My current dentist likes to hound me about getting a night-guard for teeth grinding/clenching. Which I would be agreeable to, but they're several hundred dollars AFTER insurance for a small bit of rubbery plastic. I've tried the $20 ones you can buy in the store, unfortunately they're bulky enough they interfere with my sleep, plus they leave my jaw a bit sore and teeth feeling funny.  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 29, 2016, 10:54 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 10:24:
When is it ever enough for the psychopaths of Wall St.?

Exactly; it's not that Amazon is a bastion of goodness in the business world, but their whole business model is built around providing good value to customers and continuing to add new and/or improved services. While those things take money and don't lead to as much profit as they theoretically could make, it does maintain a very, very large and stable customer base. Wallstreet isn't happy unless you're squeezing your customers like an orange, then discarding the husks to be used as mulch.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 28, 2016, 14:35 Pigeon

Seeing how the Senate's approval rating hasn't been above 20% in the last 4 years it seems Americans don't give a shit about what they think we need.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 25, 2016, 15:09 Pigeon

Jagacademy wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 14:06:
Ironically, my Comcast speeds are always higher than what they advertise.

Same for me, I pay for 50 and speed tests put me closer to 60. At least with Steam downloads I seem to see the real-world benefit from this. Although my youtube and HBO streaming can be shit at times; did they forget to pay off comcast?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2016, 15:04 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 12:38:
descender wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 09:46:
Cheers

That Broncos Patriots game was great. I'll be firmly rooting for Peyton to ride off into the sunset with a victory, but I have a feeling this Carolina team is just too good.

I dunno, that Denver defense is legit, man. If Peyton could have taken more than 20 seconds off the clock TOTAL in his last six downs, thereby negating Brady's last gasp touchdown (when the Denver defense was completely utterly exhausted) they'd have ended up giving away a grand total of 12 points to the Patriots, six of which came essentially from a turnover.

Cam Newton is not going to have it easy against these guys. That said, apart from two good drives, Peyton looked pretty terrible, so I don't see Denver's offense doing much against Carolina's D either. I think it'll come down to the defenses rather than the offenses to settle it.

At the very least we'll be spared the Boston Smugpocalypse 2016.

I agree, it's going to be a battle of the defenses this year. I think Cam and the rest of the Carolina offense at least have the potential to have a great offensive game. I don't see Peyton being able to have an amazing game. The only thing I've noticed about Cam is that when he gets frustrated he really starts to make some terrible choices, trying to force plays and making big mistakes. Not something that normally happens to Peyton, except of course, famously, the Broncos v. Seahawks Superbowl.

1. Re: Best Graphics Cards of 2016 Jan 25, 2016, 14:09 Pigeon

Best Graphics Cards of 2016... as of the first month, and the preceding 6 months and the next 6 months. Really until Pascal comes out, and I think AMD was supposedly going to push out a new card, that the same list we saw several months ago and the same list we'll see until sometime after the 2nd half. Even then I doubt we'll see much more than nvida's flagship released, maybe a replacement for the aging 970 by November/Christmas.  

2003 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo