Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2350 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2017, 10:13 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 10:03:
Blue, when Mrs. Blue retires think about moving south.
Just about everything is better and you don't have to shovel snow.

Summer is coming

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 10:03 Pigeon

Regulations hurt the economy, stifle competition and stagnate innovation. Literally the worst thing ever, unless of course they're used responsibly to prevent people from shucking the yoke of their corporate masters.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 09:09 Pigeon

nin wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 08:35:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 22:55:
I've enjoyed the Netflix Marvel series, but Luke Cage was pretty meh.

I didn't care for Luke Cage at all. Wanted more ass beatings/couches out the window and less bands of the week...

Hopefully Iron Fist is better...

I didn't mind the bands of the week, but I certainly understand where you're coming from. It was one thing in a list of distractions from the story/pacing. I didn't hate it, but it's certainly my least favorite of the series so far. I think Jessica Jones is my favorite, though when Shane Frank showed up Dare Devil got really good.

Pete wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 09:03:
Reminds me of Arrow.
Uggh I can only hope not. I kind of like Arrow at first, but it just got overwhelmed by interpersonal drama. And not the good kind, it was more like what a preteen imagines adult relationships are like.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 9, 2017, 09:00 Pigeon

I think at this point Samsung just needs to embrace it as part of their branding. Electronics so hot they're on fire!!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 8, 2017, 13:15 Pigeon

Hulu's player is crap, maybe they could start there.  

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Update Adds Browser and CTF
6. Re: etc. Feb 8, 2017, 09:55 Pigeon

deqer wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 08:39:
beigemore wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 08:33:
The characters are not balanced at all to play CTF. Generally you end up with Torbjorn building a sentry in the base, Symmetra putting mini-sentries by the main entrances, and then Dva going into the other base, grabbing the flag, then literally flying out with it.
There's more than one entrance to the flag, and you can counter these heroes like you normally do in other game modes. If D.va got the flag, that must mean your team wiped. Flags cannot be insta-grabbed.

They really need to make it where the flag gets dropped if the player carrying it uses any abilities to increase movement speed, fly, travel, or become invincible.
With the new custom game system coming, you'll be able to do that now.

I almost wish your flag had to be in your base in order to cap the enemy's flag,
You'll be able to do that too now. Go watch the developer update video released yesterday.

I think it needs a little work. D.Va is by far the strongest flag carrier right now. Once she gets the flag it's very hard to stop her. Large health pool means she can absorb a lot of damage, and the defense matrix can just straight up deny it. The jets more than anything let her quickly put a lot of distance and, most notably, barriers between her and pursuers.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2017, 13:17.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 10:43 Pigeon

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 09:36:
No one really needs AC. Unless you live in the desert, or somewhere where humans have a really hard time working in the daylight. It's a convenience, yes it's also a pretty terrible one as it consumes a whole shitload of power most of which is still produced by burning fossil fuels.

We usually have a couple of old people die every summer because they either have no AC or don't turn it on because they can't afford it. But I mean they're old, so it was going to happen soon anyways. Certainly nothing detrimental with smelling like ass all the time and waking up in a pool of sweat every night. If you're poor you should look absolutely miserable, but suffer in silence. Don't dare try to enjoy anything in life lest someone see it and think/claim you're not really down trodden.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 7, 2017, 08:29 Pigeon

And the assault on people with little in the way of resources and power continues. On the bright side I can assume now that these car having paupers aren't getting their subsidized internet my bill will go down right?  

44. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 20:41 Pigeon

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 16:39:
My neighbor's dog is a blight on the neighborhood. It barks for hours day and night. Seven hours nonstop is the longest I've clocked him at (it only stopped after passing out). He also doesn't seem to understand that 1:30 AM isn't a barking hour. Called the non-emergency PD number and they told me they don't send units for noisy animals (on a side note the city fined me for letting my grass grow 12 inches). So out of a desperate need to get the sleep I turned the hall wall into a new bedroom. It helps. The surrounding walls act as a buffer, and the ear plugs, rolled up sock, and beanie pretty much reduces the noise to 0. It's been a stressful 5-6 months with no end in sight.

The crazy thing is I'm not mad at the dog. I'm mad at the owner. Dogs are very mono-emotional. If they bark all the time that's their way of saying "Hey! Something is wrong. Please help!" Why do pet owners ignore their animals like this?

Sorry to hear about that. Most of what you can do is probably up to State, County and/or City laws. In my state pretty much only cities can pass noise ordinances. There is a state law, but it pretty much amounts to someone launching a rocket. Home-owners association might be handy here, but if its run by a company they pretty much only go after things that are easy for them to document and then make money off of, like your grass being too high. If you can find proof that the dog is being neglected that might be another avenue other than noise violation.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 11:30 Pigeon

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 11:20:
BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 10:44:
WTF Thumbsdown
Didn't you know? The fact that corporations can't pollute our ground, water, and air in whatever way the want is slowing down our economy. It is killing jobs! We need to remove these supposed "environmental protections".

"It's the economy, stupid."

Don't worry, once you get rid of all the regulation there'll be so much competition and innovation money will be spewing into the economy like medical waste into your drinking water. You'll be able to afford to import food and water that doesn't have dangerous levels of lead, mercury and drug resistant bacteria.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 6, 2017, 09:26 Pigeon

It's okay guys regulation is bad for competition and innovation, don't let reality spread its filthy lies and tell you it's not.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 08:52 Pigeon

Great game, saw a lot of range of emotion there. Brady crying because he was losing and then crying because he won. And for most of it Belichick looking like he'd sat on two pine cones instead of his usual one. While Edelman's catch was fantastic, I think White was the standout receiver for the Patriots.  

News Comments > Lúcio Coming to Heroes of the Storm
4. Re: Lúcio Coming to Heroes of the Storm Feb 4, 2017, 09:36 Pigeon

Slick wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 23:46:
Frijoles wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 19:15:
Slick wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 18:11:
I like how he can wall-ride the terrain for some reason.

Does it on OW too. Although I've only seen it on the map with the bottomless pit in the center of the capture point. Rides around the wall until he can get out. Think I'll try it on other walls next time I play.

Looks weird seeing him in HotS where the animations are not nearly so fluid.

For sure, I've seen people do some neat tricks in OW with him, I just can't see the benefit in HOTS, perhaps he gets a speed boost? or a +xp style flair bonus? lol

And that map you speak of in OW, that's my fav map as Roadhog, I just strafe around the sides of that basin, and my hook is the perfect length to grab people from the other side and drop them into the abyss. One round I got 4 of those hooks in a row, it was some of the most fun I've had in that game.

Nothing more satisfying than hooking people into the well. Lucio can boop people into it too. On some of the King of the hill maps Lucio can wall ride inside the point. Since he's already hard to hit, it's a great way to defend a point that would otherwise be taken.

News Comments > More Overwatch Cheaters Banned
3. Re: More Overwatch Cheaters Banned Feb 3, 2017, 10:27 Pigeon

Maybe it'll get the "PC Bang" proprietors to monitor their PCs more closely. I assume it costs them to keep having to buy new accounts.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2017, 10:21 Pigeon

That little fox is adorable.

My cynical side wonders if car safety hadn't improved, if we'd have less people driving liking complete dolts. I feel the improvement in braking alone has emboldened people to drive closer, and pull-out suddenly with the expectation they or others will be able to brake in time.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 3, 2017, 09:56 Pigeon

...in a move to reduce operating expenses and help India with its over population problem, the new factory will not be installing suicide nets.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division
11. Re: Activision Blizzard Launches Consumer Products Division Feb 1, 2017, 13:23 Pigeon

coldcut wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 11:30:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:33:
To quote the line from Spaceballs. "Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the movie is made. Spaceballs-the T-shirt, Spaceballs-the Coloring Book, Spaceballs-the Lunch box, Spaceballs-the Breakfast Cereal, Spaceballs-the Flame Thrower! The kids love this one. And last but not least, Spaceballs the doll, me. (Doll: May the schwartz be with you!) Adorable." So I guess we'll see Mike Morhaime-the action figure with karate-chop action.
I'd totally dig a life-sized Sylvanas doll

They're only allowed to sell those to their Japanese customers.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 1, 2017, 13:18 Pigeon

If you can't make it with the fans what's the point  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 15:59 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 15:27:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:18:
We'll see what actually happens, but so far his orders have only made things more difficult for people who have the least or are suffering.

H1B tech workers are not exactly suffering when you look at the requirements and frankly I don't really care, their recruitment already negatively impacts American workers. I have a hard time empathizing with the corporations either. Several are already claiming this is a violation of freedom and that H1B visas are a normal tech recruiting tool (something that was never intended in the first place).

Which is why I say we'll see what happens. It's easy to fuck over people with no power or resources, but there's a lot of money involved in this. He could either make some more chest-beating statements and do nothing, or produce some policy full of strong language that doesn't actually change anything. So while I support limiting H1Bs, I'm very suspect of what he'll actually do.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 14:29 Pigeon

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:23:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:18:
We'll see what actually happens, but so far his orders have only made things more difficult for people who have the least or are suffering.
You mean like Obama's? When he blocked allowing Christians and Yazidis who are being ethnically cleansed from claiming asylum in the US? That's why during the last round of "import refugees" there were under 100 from either of those groups despite the demand being there from them. So far the only thing Trumps order has done, is the same thing as Obamas. Based off Obama's own security analysis recommendations.

Yes, just like the order Obama signed specifically banning Yazidis and Christians from seeking asylum in the US so they could continue to be ethnically cleansed.

2350 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo