Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2348 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Feb 17, 2017, 22:19 Pigeon

I'll eat a turnbuckle in his honor.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2017, 19:01 Pigeon

bigspender wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 18:37:
If they want to bring back extinct species, it should be ones that actually still have an environment to live in. Especially those that have gone extinct due to humanities doing. It would be ethical then.

But it's not ethical to bring back a creature for entertainment. That's wrong.

Bring back the dodo!! All the leanness of turkey, but as moist as chicken Mmmm.

If they could successfully bring back a mammoth it would probably bring a lot of attention and money to the field. Sometimes it takes something bold, but meaningless to get people interested in things. Hooray we've saved the Prebel's meadow jumping mouse through the power of genetics *crickets*

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2017, 13:13 Pigeon

BobBob wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 12:55:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 12:41:
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. This wasn't some kid, he is 24 years old. Unless he has some mental condition which reduces his capacity to act like an adult it would seem a criminal conviction is not out of line.

What's with Florida and all the crazies, or is it a false impression?

I've heard it's a mixture of the openness of criminal records and odd regulations/laws that contribute. One makes it easier for the media to get wind of oddball crimes and the other helps precipitate conditions for such crimes to occur. Or it could be all that swamp gas in the air is making people loopy.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2017, 11:39 Pigeon

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 11:25:
I don't understand the need for USB Killer. Anyone care to explain?

It just seems like an asshole thing.

Maybe to quickly make a device with sensitive information on it inoperable? I don't know it seems legitimate reasons to use this are limited compared to its potential for abuse.

Maybe the DoD can give one to Trump for his phone. Tell him it'll make his tweets more tremendous.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 17, 2017, 08:46 Pigeon

"Further, the Order would also result in consumers being bombarded with trivial data breach notifications.

...It's worth noting that ISPs likely could have avoided the rules altogether if they hadn't pushed their luck on the privacy front. The FCC acted only after Verizon began modifying user packets to covertly track users around the internet -- without notifying them or providing working opt out tools. The FCC was also concerned about AT&T and Comcast's plans to charge broadband customers more money to have their privacy protected."

I don't even have the energy to make a satiric comment about this anymore. The Ferengi Republicans just couldn't wait to sell-out consumers to the corporations. It's not like the previous rules were particularly restrictive, they just required slightly more transparency and gave consumers some small amount of control.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 14:34 Pigeon

This thread is triggering a civil war with my OCPD, 'don't throw anything out it could be useful later', 'get rid of all this crap it must be clean and orderly'.

Seriously though I am getting the desire to go home and find things I should throw out. I tend to keep things, like packaging, for what is meant to be a temporary basis. The idea being, hey if this new thing breaks right away I want to be able to return it hassle free. Unfortunately I'm not particularly vigilante about throwing that stuff out after a certain amount of time. I can think of a few things I've got in my apartment I should have thrown out a few months ago.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 10:02 Pigeon

My parents who've lived in the same place closing in on 40 years have been doing very much the same thing. And as much as they've thrown out it seems as though they've done nothing. They keep asking me if I want x, y or z sentimental items, and all I can think is if I'm just going to stick it in a box and let it sit in the closet at my place what is the point. I suppose that is one of the benefits of living in a small one bedroom, it quickly become apparent you're just collecting clutter. Also the hassle of moving is in the back of your mind since management will always try to jack up your rent on renewal (regardless of how many empty units they have, or what their current asking price for new renters is).  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 16, 2017, 08:33 Pigeon

Dude makes millions being a huge goofus on you-tube because he's/was paid by Disney et al. If he thought he could sellout and still do whatever he wanted, then he doesn't just play the part of an idiot he is an idiot. Any adult should know you adjust your behavior to the environment you're in.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 14, 2017, 15:07 Pigeon

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you I gotta plead ingnorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices and I tell you people do that all the time.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2017, 11:39 Pigeon

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 10:48:
Jivaro wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 10:45:
Well yeah Pigeon...but try making a clickbait headline out of that?

Won't anybody think of the "journalists"?

Hehehe

You're absolutely correct, I've been an unfeeling monster

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2017, 10:42 Pigeon

So with the snow thing it's just out of shape guys who are suddenly engaging in a vigorous activity their bodies are ill quipped to handle. At least that's what I'm getting out of this. It's not as though it's the cold or something specific to the act of shoveling snow. I mean it's still a worth while reminder, but the way its reported is more like OMG SHOVELING SNOW GIVES YOU A HEART ATTACK, as opposed to you should exercise more regularly and/or be aware of heart conditions that may put you at risk of heart attacks from vigorous activities like shoveling snow.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2017, 18:39 Pigeon

Tax incentives will fix everything. I'm sure the telecoms will work hard to expand and provide equitable service so as to maintain the good faith that was given to them when they received the incentives. I mean what corporation would do the absolute minimum possible and pocket as much of the incentives as they can as profit? Oh what is that? All of them? Actually yeah that sounds about right.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2017, 16:50 Pigeon

SlimRam wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 13:06:
Shit, it's supposed to be 76 here in AZ today. We've literally had NO winter this year and our AC is already starting to run.

I hear you, I've had to turn on my AC multiple times this winter, it's currently 85 and 45% humidity. While I would love this in the summer, it's, as hard as it is to believe, February.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2017, 14:53 Pigeon

Can't fault the guy, it takes time to polish a turd. I mean how do you give an industry that's been losing market share because its failure to innovate (aka content and service customers actually want), a free pass at blatant anti-competitive practices and make it sound like a good thing?  

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 10, 2017, 11:07 Pigeon

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 04:56:
Pigeon wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 22:18:
Timmeh wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 17:24:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:24:
Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 14:02:
You elect the GOP and live in a GOP run state and that's what you get. Simple solution, move to a better state.

You may not have noticed that Republicans now control the entire country. Buh-bye net neutrality.

Net Neutrality is EVIL.

Okay I'll bite, why is it evil to say ISPs have to treat all traffic as equal? You pay for a certain bandwidth, why should an ISP decide what traffic it'll actually deliver to you at the bandwidth you paid for and which traffic to slow down? If you're paying for it shouldn't you get to use it as you want?

Dude wtf? Timmeh is like almost the biggest troll on this site. He bombs the shit out these boards with the most braindead innane shit possible. Usually along corporate fascist lines, that gets even the right wingers riled up...

I know, but curiosity got the better of me.

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Changes
1. Re: Overwatch PTR Changes Feb 10, 2017, 10:27 Pigeon

Sounds like for the most part the spread decrease should compensate for the range increase, but I wonder about heroes like Ana and Lucio, who should be squishy, but who's small size makes it more likely they'll survive a hook. On a side note, I was getting owned by a good Roadhog last night. Not just good chain accuracy but excellent positioning. Probably didn't help the rest of my team seemed unable to damage anything after a certain point. If I wasn't killing it wasn't dying.

Sounds fair to Winston, for the hero that's literally supposed to jump right into the middle of it, he's awfully squishy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Cannonlake 15% faster than Kaby Lake Feb 9, 2017, 22:28 Pigeon

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 21:48:
Intel you devious bastards... it never fails, whenever I upgrade, a MAJOR step forward occurs within 3-6 months.

Well you can take comfort in knowing that even though your CPU will be %15 lower than the newyest model, it'll still be at least 5 years before it even comes close to being a bottleneck.

Thanks to Samsung’s latest Quantum-dot display technology, its latest QLED TVs have just been verified as having a world-first 100 percent color volume

I renders colors so perfectly it almost looks like it's actually on fire... wait

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 22:18 Pigeon

Timmeh wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 17:24:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:24:
Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 14:02:
You elect the GOP and live in a GOP run state and that's what you get. Simple solution, move to a better state.

You may not have noticed that Republicans now control the entire country. Buh-bye net neutrality.

Net Neutrality is EVIL.

Okay I'll bite, why is it evil to say ISPs have to treat all traffic as equal? You pay for a certain bandwidth, why should an ISP decide what traffic it'll actually deliver to you at the bandwidth you paid for and which traffic to slow down? If you're paying for it shouldn't you get to use it as you want?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2017, 10:13 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 10:03:
Blue, when Mrs. Blue retires think about moving south.
Just about everything is better and you don't have to shovel snow.

Summer is coming

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 10:03 Pigeon

Regulations hurt the economy, stifle competition and stagnate innovation. Literally the worst thing ever, unless of course they're used responsibly to prevent people from shucking the yoke of their corporate masters.  

2348 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo