Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2238 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2017, 10:42 Pigeon

So with the snow thing it's just out of shape guys who are suddenly engaging in a vigorous activity their bodies are ill quipped to handle. At least that's what I'm getting out of this. It's not as though it's the cold or something specific to the act of shoveling snow. I mean it's still a worth while reminder, but the way its reported is more like OMG SHOVELING SNOW GIVES YOU A HEART ATTACK, as opposed to you should exercise more regularly and/or be aware of heart conditions that may put you at risk of heart attacks from vigorous activities like shoveling snow.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2017, 18:39 Pigeon

Tax incentives will fix everything. I'm sure the telecoms will work hard to expand and provide equitable service so as to maintain the good faith that was given to them when they received the incentives. I mean what corporation would do the absolute minimum possible and pocket as much of the incentives as they can as profit? Oh what is that? All of them? Actually yeah that sounds about right.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2017, 16:50 Pigeon

SlimRam wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 13:06:
Shit, it's supposed to be 76 here in AZ today. We've literally had NO winter this year and our AC is already starting to run.

I hear you, I've had to turn on my AC multiple times this winter, it's currently 85 and 45% humidity. While I would love this in the summer, it's, as hard as it is to believe, February.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2017, 14:53 Pigeon

Can't fault the guy, it takes time to polish a turd. I mean how do you give an industry that's been losing market share because its failure to innovate (aka content and service customers actually want), a free pass at blatant anti-competitive practices and make it sound like a good thing?  

16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 10, 2017, 11:07 Pigeon

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 10, 2017, 04:56:
Pigeon wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 22:18:
Timmeh wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 17:24:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:24:
Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 14:02:
You elect the GOP and live in a GOP run state and that's what you get. Simple solution, move to a better state.

You may not have noticed that Republicans now control the entire country. Buh-bye net neutrality.

Net Neutrality is EVIL.

Okay I'll bite, why is it evil to say ISPs have to treat all traffic as equal? You pay for a certain bandwidth, why should an ISP decide what traffic it'll actually deliver to you at the bandwidth you paid for and which traffic to slow down? If you're paying for it shouldn't you get to use it as you want?

Dude wtf? Timmeh is like almost the biggest troll on this site. He bombs the shit out these boards with the most braindead innane shit possible. Usually along corporate fascist lines, that gets even the right wingers riled up...

I know, but curiosity got the better of me.

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Changes
1. Re: Overwatch PTR Changes Feb 10, 2017, 10:27 Pigeon

Sounds like for the most part the spread decrease should compensate for the range increase, but I wonder about heroes like Ana and Lucio, who should be squishy, but who's small size makes it more likely they'll survive a hook. On a side note, I was getting owned by a good Roadhog last night. Not just good chain accuracy but excellent positioning. Probably didn't help the rest of my team seemed unable to damage anything after a certain point. If I wasn't killing it wasn't dying.

Sounds fair to Winston, for the hero that's literally supposed to jump right into the middle of it, he's awfully squishy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Cannonlake 15% faster than Kaby Lake Feb 9, 2017, 22:28 Pigeon

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 21:48:
Intel you devious bastards... it never fails, whenever I upgrade, a MAJOR step forward occurs within 3-6 months.

Well you can take comfort in knowing that even though your CPU will be %15 lower than the newyest model, it'll still be at least 5 years before it even comes close to being a bottleneck.

Thanks to Samsung’s latest Quantum-dot display technology, its latest QLED TVs have just been verified as having a world-first 100 percent color volume

I renders colors so perfectly it almost looks like it's actually on fire... wait

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 22:18 Pigeon

Timmeh wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 17:24:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 15:24:
Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 14:02:
You elect the GOP and live in a GOP run state and that's what you get. Simple solution, move to a better state.

You may not have noticed that Republicans now control the entire country. Buh-bye net neutrality.

Net Neutrality is EVIL.

Okay I'll bite, why is it evil to say ISPs have to treat all traffic as equal? You pay for a certain bandwidth, why should an ISP decide what traffic it'll actually deliver to you at the bandwidth you paid for and which traffic to slow down? If you're paying for it shouldn't you get to use it as you want?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2017, 10:13 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 10:03:
Blue, when Mrs. Blue retires think about moving south.
Just about everything is better and you don't have to shovel snow.

Summer is coming

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 10:03 Pigeon

Regulations hurt the economy, stifle competition and stagnate innovation. Literally the worst thing ever, unless of course they're used responsibly to prevent people from shucking the yoke of their corporate masters.  

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Feb 9, 2017, 09:09 Pigeon

nin wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 08:35:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 22:55:
I've enjoyed the Netflix Marvel series, but Luke Cage was pretty meh.

I didn't care for Luke Cage at all. Wanted more ass beatings/couches out the window and less bands of the week...

Hopefully Iron Fist is better...

I didn't mind the bands of the week, but I certainly understand where you're coming from. It was one thing in a list of distractions from the story/pacing. I didn't hate it, but it's certainly my least favorite of the series so far. I think Jessica Jones is my favorite, though when Shane Frank showed up Dare Devil got really good.

Pete wrote on Feb 9, 2017, 09:03:
Reminds me of Arrow.
Uggh I can only hope not. I kind of like Arrow at first, but it just got overwhelmed by interpersonal drama. And not the good kind, it was more like what a preteen imagines adult relationships are like.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 9, 2017, 09:00 Pigeon

I think at this point Samsung just needs to embrace it as part of their branding. Electronics so hot they're on fire!!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 8, 2017, 13:15 Pigeon

Hulu's player is crap, maybe they could start there.  

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Update Adds Browser and CTF
6. Re: etc. Feb 8, 2017, 09:55 Pigeon

deqer wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 08:39:
beigemore wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 08:33:
The characters are not balanced at all to play CTF. Generally you end up with Torbjorn building a sentry in the base, Symmetra putting mini-sentries by the main entrances, and then Dva going into the other base, grabbing the flag, then literally flying out with it.
There's more than one entrance to the flag, and you can counter these heroes like you normally do in other game modes. If D.va got the flag, that must mean your team wiped. Flags cannot be insta-grabbed.

They really need to make it where the flag gets dropped if the player carrying it uses any abilities to increase movement speed, fly, travel, or become invincible.
With the new custom game system coming, you'll be able to do that now.

I almost wish your flag had to be in your base in order to cap the enemy's flag,
You'll be able to do that too now. Go watch the developer update video released yesterday.

I think it needs a little work. D.Va is by far the strongest flag carrier right now. Once she gets the flag it's very hard to stop her. Large health pool means she can absorb a lot of damage, and the defense matrix can just straight up deny it. The jets more than anything let her quickly put a lot of distance and, most notably, barriers between her and pursuers.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2017, 13:17.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: On Sale Feb 7, 2017, 10:43 Pigeon

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 09:36:
No one really needs AC. Unless you live in the desert, or somewhere where humans have a really hard time working in the daylight. It's a convenience, yes it's also a pretty terrible one as it consumes a whole shitload of power most of which is still produced by burning fossil fuels.

We usually have a couple of old people die every summer because they either have no AC or don't turn it on because they can't afford it. But I mean they're old, so it was going to happen soon anyways. Certainly nothing detrimental with smelling like ass all the time and waking up in a pool of sweat every night. If you're poor you should look absolutely miserable, but suffer in silence. Don't dare try to enjoy anything in life lest someone see it and think/claim you're not really down trodden.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 7, 2017, 08:29 Pigeon

And the assault on people with little in the way of resources and power continues. On the bright side I can assume now that these car having paupers aren't getting their subsidized internet my bill will go down right?  

44. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 20:41 Pigeon

Kxmode wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 16:39:
My neighbor's dog is a blight on the neighborhood. It barks for hours day and night. Seven hours nonstop is the longest I've clocked him at (it only stopped after passing out). He also doesn't seem to understand that 1:30 AM isn't a barking hour. Called the non-emergency PD number and they told me they don't send units for noisy animals (on a side note the city fined me for letting my grass grow 12 inches). So out of a desperate need to get the sleep I turned the hall wall into a new bedroom. It helps. The surrounding walls act as a buffer, and the ear plugs, rolled up sock, and beanie pretty much reduces the noise to 0. It's been a stressful 5-6 months with no end in sight.

The crazy thing is I'm not mad at the dog. I'm mad at the owner. Dogs are very mono-emotional. If they bark all the time that's their way of saying "Hey! Something is wrong. Please help!" Why do pet owners ignore their animals like this?

Sorry to hear about that. Most of what you can do is probably up to State, County and/or City laws. In my state pretty much only cities can pass noise ordinances. There is a state law, but it pretty much amounts to someone launching a rocket. Home-owners association might be handy here, but if its run by a company they pretty much only go after things that are easy for them to document and then make money off of, like your grass being too high. If you can find proof that the dog is being neglected that might be another avenue other than noise violation.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 11:30 Pigeon

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 11:20:
BobBob wrote on Feb 6, 2017, 10:44:
WTF Thumbsdown
Didn't you know? The fact that corporations can't pollute our ground, water, and air in whatever way the want is slowing down our economy. It is killing jobs! We need to remove these supposed "environmental protections".

"It's the economy, stupid."

Don't worry, once you get rid of all the regulation there'll be so much competition and innovation money will be spewing into the economy like medical waste into your drinking water. You'll be able to afford to import food and water that doesn't have dangerous levels of lead, mercury and drug resistant bacteria.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 6, 2017, 09:26 Pigeon

It's okay guys regulation is bad for competition and innovation, don't let reality spread its filthy lies and tell you it's not.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2017, 08:52 Pigeon

Great game, saw a lot of range of emotion there. Brady crying because he was losing and then crying because he won. And for most of it Belichick looking like he'd sat on two pine cones instead of his usual one. While Edelman's catch was fantastic, I think White was the standout receiver for the Patriots.  

2238 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo