Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 1899 (Pro)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2016, 14:21 Pigeon

I notice a lot of sorta fast food restaurants have a place for a tip on the receipt or order screen now. I can't help but feel like this is just trying to squeeze extra money out of people or a way to keep advertised prices down while making it up in tips. There is no server like in a traditional restaurant, you order at a counter, get your own drink, and seat yourself. Maybe someone brings your food to you, or buses the the table after you leave, but not always. So I'm hard pressed to figure out what you're tipping for. That they make the food you already paid for? Or, considering you tip before you receive any service in these circumstance, is it 'don't spit in my food' protection money?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2016, 08:22 Pigeon

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 07:33:
Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 00:21:
Jesus, what a gong show that debate was. I almost feel sorry for you America but you brought this on yourself. I guar-an-fucking-tee you nezt election - if WWIII hasn't happened - Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho *will* be President next!

Almost? I feel more embarrassed about this current crop of politicians than ever before in my life, and we already had Reagan in office with Alzheimer's, George Bush Sr. puking on the Japanese Prime Minister, and of course Clinton getting blown in the White House by interns. Politicians have been a laughing stock for decades.

Lower level ones are even worse, but these fools are supposed to be leading the country. Time to move to Antarctica.

Should be habitable again in a few years, and there's plenty of fresh sweet sweet penguin meat.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2016, 15:56 Pigeon

I think Hillary will have a better technical performance, but it won't matter unless Trump really goes off the deep-end. If she were as maniacal and conniving as people her credit her for being, she'd just continually lure him into disparaging large swaths of the American public, or discrediting himself. So far the only thing that seems to hurt Trump is Trump. Trump wins if he can get her to engage in his tit for tat game of trading insults.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2016, 13:32 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Sep 26, 2016, 13:22:
The heat is on, on the street...

Yeah, it's cooling down fast. Last two nights in a row I had to turn on the fireplace by 9pm because it was a little too cool without it. Still haven't got the heat on however. Hopefully we can squeak a couple of more weeks out of fall yet before that's the reality. It's still fine in the day though it's definitely fall outside now.

And speaking of fall and football I think it's about time for some chili, Blue. I think this coming Saturday, October 1st would be a great symbolic day for everyone to make a batch to enjoy for football on Sunday.

91F 62% humidity here, but fall should get here on Friday when it drops the high down to 86... Yeah I'm done with done with the hot weather, but I think it's going to be till we start seeing temps consistently in the 70s.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2016, 13:23 Pigeon

Unfortunately our fucked up job market is ripe for this kind of thing. People desperate to obtain the skills they need to get ahead or break into the industry they want to be in. Places like ITT, Devry, Phoenix etc. come along and promise all that along with helping place you in a job. Sounds great, but the reality is far from that.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2016, 12:57 Pigeon

"Even though virtually every other industry prices its products and services in the same way, some people think that ISPs should be the exception and run their businesses like an all-you-can-eat buffet," Young wrote.

Well their industry isn't like most, so comparing it to something like buying a pack of oreos is ridiculous. I could just as easily compare it to buying a car and then having the dealership charge you for every mile over their mileage cap.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
21. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 25, 2016, 18:28 Pigeon

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 16:59:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 16:47:
eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 16:24:
What is there to debate, from an outside view, Trump dominates the news.. 100%
Along with the bottom half of the bell curve.

Maybe, but fact is Trump is pure reality TV and this sells like hotcakes because his name always brings clicks to the news sites... it's a self-feeding prophecy of doom.

Also I wonder (honestly) if Trump means anything he says... I know that most "before election" talk is bullshit, but he says a lot of controversial stuff, that I would be curious just to see happen.... mainly to see the world burn ;p

I think he believes what he says in the moment he says it. He's like an entity that has coalesced from all the miasma of psychopathy, narcissism, and insecurities the country collectively exudes on a daily basis. At least that's my theory; it's the only way I can explain how he remains in contention when he routinely says stuff that would end any other politician's career.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2016, 11:11 Pigeon

Jivaro wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 10:42:
1badmf wrote on Sep 25, 2016, 06:30:
nin wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 20:26:
Rebels season 3 is up at http://watchdisneyxd.go.com !!!!

ooh fellow rebels fan. nice! been wanting someone to fangirl with XD

I have only seen the first 3 episodes from season 1 due to time restrictions but all the hype around season 3 has got me getting ready to catch up to the current season ASAP. Clone Wars was popular, particularly with teens, but Rebels gets praise from just about everybody I talk to at any age...provided they are a SW fan that is.

Clone Wars had it's moments and succeeded in making Anakin a likeable character most of the time(something the movies failed to do IMO). I think it suffered from executivitis, i.e. the episode order was all fucked up and many episodes were just trash. Rebels has been pretty solid though, and the writing is good enough to keep adults interested (at least this one). My biggest complaint is it tends to trample on extended universe stuff that I had considered canon, but I'm coming to terms with that.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2016, 16:45 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 15:05:
Pigeon wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:32:
NASA to Hold Media Call on Evidence of Surprising Activity on Europa

We're not saying it's aliens, but... aliens. I assume they've found some pretty good evidence for sub-surface oceans which they already have some pretty good evidence for. Or maybe (more) evidence of tectonics which could provide the energy needed for basic life.

Wasn't there already a mission to Europa, and we discovered aliens? I remember watching this documentary.

Hah, I did think of that movie when I saw the headline. It wasn't half bad IMO. I think there are actually plans to send a probe/lander with a fancy ice drill there in 2020. It'll be the ultimate ice-fishing trip.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2016, 14:32 Pigeon

NASA to Hold Media Call on Evidence of Surprising Activity on Europa

We're not saying it's aliens, but... aliens. I assume they've found some pretty good evidence for sub-surface oceans which they already have some pretty good evidence for. Or maybe (more) evidence of tectonics which could provide the energy needed for basic life.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 22, 2016, 11:37 Pigeon

I think 4k gaming is out of the reach of most gamer's budget. Even stepping up to 1440p is a big chunk of change if you want high refresh rates and freesync or g-sync. Which in my mind if you're going to shell out the money for 4k or 1440, you might as well get all the bells and whistles. Nothing like shelling out at least $700 on a monitor/card and finding your experience wanting.  

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Drivers
1. Re: New AMD Catalyst Drivers Sep 22, 2016, 08:17 Pigeon

Fixed Issues

Intermittent mouse cursor corruption may be experienced on some Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products.
Flickering display may be experienced on portrait Eyefinity display configurations when launching or exiting DirectX®12 applications.
Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash when Multi-GPU is enabled in DirectX®12.
Upgrading from a previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition version may cause user settings in Radeon Settings to reset to defaults.
Intermittent crash may be experienced in Mozilla Firefox while doing video playback on some Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products.
Radeon Settings may sometimes experience an "application has stopped" error after modifying game profiles on Windows 10 Anniversary Addition.
A small amount of corruption may be experienced in the lower right hand corner of the display on some Radeon HD 7000 series products when playing Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided.
Small amounts of stutter may be experienced when playing or watching cinematic videos in Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided when using AMD CrossFire mode and DirectX®11.
HDMI® Audio may be lost after resuming from standby on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.
Flickering may be experienced in Rocket League on Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products when running in AMD CrossFire mode.

Dare I hope this might fix my HDMI audio issue?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2016, 11:28 Pigeon

My parents have had mimosa trees, they look nice, provide good shade, and when they flower they smell is heavenly. But they leave a freaking mess first with the flowers when they drop off, then seed pods and the tiny little leaves get into everything. I guess with these kinds of trees it's always good to be mindful of placement.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2016, 14:00 Pigeon

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 11:43:
Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 10:51:
You know, it's funny. Whenever I'm downtown I see the people lined up for the food bank they're all smoking. So they can afford $15 for a pack a day but not food? Yeah. Ok.

Well, you're right in a sense, but it's also hard as hell to quit smoking once you start. The more poor and less educated somebody is, the higher the chance (it seems at least) that they will smoke. A vicious little loop, of addiction, further poverty and weakened health, and lack of education. Obviously if nobody used tobacco products at all(dip is also a huge problem), humanity would be much better off, but it's not really reasonable to expect that or even feasible anytime soon.

You can add alcohol and all the other drugs to that as well. It's just one facet of our species' tendency to seek more immediate gratification at the expense of long term quality of life.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 15:27 Pigeon

Slashman wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 14:34:
Zanthar wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 13:50:
Slashman wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 13:31:
Pigeon wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 13:24:
Did they ever patch Arkham Knight into an acceptable game or is it still a shit show of bugs and poor optimization?

Friend of mine says you NEED 16 GB of RAM to make it run properly. Damned if I'm upgrading RAM when everything else in my library runs just fine with 8 GB, including Witcher 3, which is arguably a superior looking game.

I've been playing it with no problems, and I only have 8mb ram and a 780Ti I went with the default settings the game suggested though, and it's not ultra or even high, but it still looks pretty damn good. It's worth the $10 that I paid for the game, anyways lol

Hmmm...the problem with me is I'm going to want to go in and tweak and increase the graphics settings. Not that I wouldn't mess around to see what I could do in any case, but I'm still on my Witcher 3 run through and have the two expansions to do after that. So I'm not in a huge hurry. I'll catch it next sale.

Well I do have 16GBs of ram so I guess I should be safe. Just finished up Origins, which was enjoyable. I mean it's pretty much the same formula every game, but I'll be damned if it isn't fun beating the crap out of criminals as Batman.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 13:24 Pigeon

Did they ever patch Arkham Knight into an acceptable game or is it still a shit show of bugs and poor optimization?  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 13:08 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 10:23:
I'm using a Nexus 5x and couldn't be happier. Stock Android is the way to go. Running Nougat on it and battery life is good. Previously I had a Galaxy S6 and while the hardware was fine, Samsung's bullshit touches on Android are annoying.

I used to go with battery life as my most important factor but with fast-charging its not a big deal anymore. My phone goes through a full day of use and still ends up at 40-50%, charges up to full in less than 30-40 minutes usually. Even just 10 minutes gives about 4-5 hours of use.

Been thinking about a 5x to replace my Moto G (It's been having GPS and connectivity issues that were not fixed by a factory reset). I don't want anything much over 5" and with pixel around the corner prices have gotten very reasonable.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2016, 22:42 Pigeon

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 16:39:
If you want to know how people are doing you could, you know, talk to them.

Well I don't think most people know their cortisol levels and heart rate on a minute by minute bas... Oooh you mean about their feelings and what they're thinking. But that would mean interacting with the workers, and those golf balls aren't going to hit themselves.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 11, 2016, 14:45 Pigeon

Humanyze, a Boston-based employee analytics company

Must have been opposite day when they came up with their company name.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
15. Re: Street Fighter V New Character & Patch Plans Sep 8, 2016, 08:39 Pigeon

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 07:04:
Motorola has dropped the headphone jack a month or two ago on their latest phones, but I don't remeber seeing anyone flipping out about it.
Apple does it and people screaming bloody murder
Keep on hating

You may not remember but there were, at least about the type c connector. I don't can't recall if any of the numerous threads on the issue were motorola specific, however they didn't announce a $159 pair of earbuds as the best solution for replacing your 3.5mm headphones.

1899 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo