Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2738 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 13, 2018, 23:05 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Nov 13, 2018, 19:23:
Essential will restore your headphone jack for $149.

Your move, Apple.

Introducing the new iPhone XS3.55, with iJackoff; Apple's proprietary 3.55mm port for the new wired-wireless earpods. Only 2300 USD, wired-wireless earpods sold separately.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2018, 13:38 Pigeon

Epic will never ban people for no reason even if I say anything.. you assuming they do is naive. Stop playing the victim, you aren't getting banned, I am sorry. Stop milking it.

He wrote I'm sorry, he said go fuck yourself. The fact they're reporting that as an apology is ridiculous. If someone said 'I'm sorry you're so ugly', or 'I'm sorry you're a man child whose balls never dropped.' nobody would or should take that as an apology.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Online tracking company Nov 10, 2018, 23:06 Pigeon

When you see we value your privacy they aren't lying. They really have put a value on your privacy; a value at which they are willing to sell to anyone.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 3, 2018, 21:08 Pigeon

Jivaro wrote on Nov 3, 2018, 20:13:
I seriously don't get the audience drop on Daredevil. Season 3 is perhaps the best single season of Marvel TV yet. I know that for some folks that doesn't mean much, but seriously, Season 3 is better made in nearly every way. I wonder if poor outings from Iron Fist and Luke Cage affected Daredevil in some way.

I'll admit trying to watch Iron Fist has killed my desire to watch Daredevil. Like getting food poisoning from bad chicken, I will eat chicken again, but I need to wait for when thinking about chicken doesn't make me nauseous.

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Nov 2, 2018, 21:30 Pigeon

Can't say I've ever heard of this game, nor do I know why I clicked on the link, but I'm glad I did.

Also, we added a slider for your phallus. The default size is 4 inches and you can increase its to maximum 8 or decrease it to the lowest at 1 inch. As with everything in SCUM, this attribute is connected so if you add points into length it will reduce available attribute points and if you reduce the size you will gain more attribute points to be used elsewhere.

The fact that it's tied to attributes is absolutely hilarious. I'm sure it's completely useless, but nonetheless I imagine a bunch of insecure mouth-breathers are going to have a real struggle deciding to max out strength or not have a tiny virtual dick. If that's how it works, I award them best gaming troll of the year.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2018, 10:26 Pigeon

Wow, I remember when you were talking about getting another dog, so hard to believe it's been that long. Happy Birthday Gunnar-man!  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 1, 2018, 08:47 Pigeon

The whole thing, Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. suggested during the hour-long oral argument, might be a little bit fishy.

I bet he says the same thing when he's in a bait shop. Welcome to the broken legal system (corporate edition), the lawyers make out like bandits, the defendant doesn't have to pay out fines that match the scope of the damages, the hangers on get the scraps, and the public gets jack shit nor do they see an appreciable difference in policy that would prevent them from getting fucked yet again.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 31, 2018, 13:43 Pigeon

If it's anything like the cable modems you would be better off buying your own, if you could. I bought my modem for ~$80 and the rental fee would have been around $8 a month. That was six years ago, not calculating in rental increases (I think it's $11 now), that's $640 in savings. The modem could have died every year and it would have still been cheaper to replace it out of pocket than pay the rental fee.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 28, 2018, 15:42 Pigeon

Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 14:22:
Well duh. You don't need to be an economist to understand that

No you need to be an economist to understand how the top 1% owning more wealth than the bottom 90% is a good thing.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 27, 2018, 17:13 Pigeon

Instead of making an OS that works well, lets just add a bunch of half baked features nobody asked for and then push it through testing while ignoring any problems!

Brilliant, here's a fat bonus

Hooray money!!!

That's how I imagine MS corporate works.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2018, 16:57 Pigeon

Meant to play this one, but forgot despite being at the store several times this weekend. I have a hard time justifying the occasional $10 - $20 ticket, I can't imagine blowing the amount of money some people spend on this. I've seen people up at the counter who'll buy a bunch of scratch-offs, immediately use them, and then turn around an use whatever winnings to buy more. Often they'll argue with the clerk about how much they've won. I guess I should be happy I'm such a frugal bastard to keep me from doing such things, though I'd like to think even if I weren't I'd recognize something like that as problematic.  

48. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2018, 11:10 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2018, 10:30:
Who is funding American politics?

Source WaPo full article
Eleven donors have plowed $1 billion into super PACs since they were created

Unfortunately the people in charge of deciding the legality and limitations of such things benefit the most from it, and put themselves in a very vulnerable position if they oppose it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 27, 2018, 09:35 Pigeon

The genius part is that 9 out of 10 times they get someone to pay the $1200. Yes sometimes genius can hinge on stupidity.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2018, 13:18 Pigeon

Blue wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 11:36:
Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 11:09:
The perpetually unnamed one wrote on Oct 25, 2018, 10:45:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o

Hah! That was the first thing that came to mind for me too.

Everyone always thinks they have some special connection to animals that no one else, or at least few other people do. It's never the case however. Remember what happened to the Grizzly Man and his "special bond" with them?

You are probably correct about many people, but "never the case" is obviously wrong. For me, I think that anyone who knows me well would vouch for my point, which is why I noted being called a dog whisperer. In contrast to my story about being bitten, I have a history of being able to cultivate difficult pets. I can often pick up cats that don't usually allow that from anyone but their owners. But believe what you will, as I know you do.

I guess at some point I'll have to explain the cat scratches to defend the above point, but I'll save that for another post.

I believe it, even though I don't fully understand it. My dad is the same way, he's had a fawn come up to him out of the woods, sniff his hand let him pet it then it wandered back into the woods and I've seen a cardinal land on his finger for a breather. It's not as though he's immune to animals being aggressive to him, but in general animals take to him very quickly.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Oct 21, 2018, 22:29 Pigeon

Somewhere an Activision exec is touching himself with the bonus he made from reducing server costs.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 20, 2018, 18:20 Pigeon

I liked most of season 2 but everything about the ending was terrible. Granted Iron Fist suffered from a lot more problems, but both the shows had issues with characters acting inconsistently because the plot needed something to happen to move it along. This is why I stopped watching the DC TV shows, too many of the characters doing stupid things just to manufacture some drama.  

News Comments > Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews
25. Re: Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews Oct 20, 2018, 15:41 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 13:39:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 13:18:
Right, still using an i5 4690k, which I'm questioning whether upgrading to a 2700x. The memory speed is bottle-necking the GPU performance in games a little bit, but not sure its enough for the ~$860 upgrade (adding an m.2 drive and new copy of windows onto the CPU/MB/RAM). As hyped as I am for shiny new computer parts that's a tough sell. So I'm certainly not going to shell out $300 for a CPU then another $300 a year or two later.
If you're already running an ssd, the move to m.2 won't be as big a jump as it was from hdd to ssd but it will still be noticeable on some things. Don't get me wrong, m.2 drives are amazingly fast but the big kick in the pants was moving from spinners to chips.
All in all, if you're happy where your at, waiting a couple more years is the way to go. imho

The idea is to repurpose my current SSD into my PS4, thus getting the slight boost from m.2 on my PC and hopefully speeding up the godawful load times on the PS4.

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 13:57:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 13:18:
adding an m.2 drive and new copy of windows onto the CPU/MB/RAM

Not sure if I misundastoodz something here but you don't need a new copy of Windows (10). If you are using Windows 10 with a local account then right before upgrading just create a Microsoft account or change your account settings to log in with your existing MS account. That way you will bind your Windows copy to your MS account.

Then upgrade your hardware and when reinstalling Windows log in with the same account to bind your new hardware to your existing Windows license.

You can go back to using a local account afterwards. In typical MS fashion I got error messages on the 'Activation' tab under 'Update and Security' in 'Settings' the last time I did this but those went away with one of the ensuing Windows updates.

Oddly enough I was watching a video about this topic last night, it just didn't click with me that I didn't need to upgrade. Admittedly I had some vague hopes it would solve some long standing minor, but annoying, issues. As these issues have persisted through a clean install I can only assume it has something to do with win 10 not playing nice with my MB or general setup.

22. Re: Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews Oct 20, 2018, 13:18 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 12:34:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 12:24:
Ozmodan wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 09:12:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 22:12:
Seems like the best bang for the buck is the Core i5 9600K.

Not hardly. You need a new motherboard and the Intel motherboard prices are much higher. AMD is still the king when it comes to price point.

And guess what, that AMD motherboard will work fine with the AMD 7nm process cpus coming next year, not so with anything Intel.

I do agree AMD does a much better job with MB/Ram compatibility gen to gen. BUT it only matters if you update CPU's semi-regularly. For ex. I'm sitting with my main with a 6 year old i7 cpu. When I bought it I thought to myself, "will I have to buy new MB/Ram if I upgrade in a year or two or even say three?". With Intel that is in question more I do agree. But when you wait many years I bet you even outlast AMD's MB cycles to.

Are CPU's performance gains good enough that you really upgrade ever year or couple of years? Personally I'm saying they haven't been lately (~10 years at least), so mb compatibility value isn't as good as it appears. Sort of like when we were buying GPU's years ago... get the SLI/Crossfire MB, because I can just put in a second GPU later to kill it. In the end we decided that wasn't worth the headache and just got the upgraded single GPU.
That's my contention too. I'm still on a Haswell proc, if I'd gone with AMD back then, I would still have to get a new mboard today for threadripper.

Right, still using an i5 4690k, which I'm questioning whether upgrading to a 2700x. The memory speed is bottle-necking the GPU performance in games a little bit, but not sure its enough for the ~$860 upgrade (adding an m.2 drive and new copy of windows onto the CPU/MB/RAM). As hyped as I am for shiny new computer parts that's a tough sell. So I'm certainly not going to shell out $300 for a CPU then another $300 a year or two later.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 19, 2018, 20:15 Pigeon

Maybe the thicker die prevents more failures somewhere in the manufacturing or testing process. I mean my best bet is it saves them money some how. Either way it seems they completely misunderstood/didn't care why people wanted soldered on TIM. "What's that you want Tim from accounting soldering on the CPUs. Well okay if that's what you want."  

10. Re: Intel i9 9900K CPU Reviews Oct 19, 2018, 16:23 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 15:40:
Tell me people of Blues News...

Being a gamer/general user why am I getting anything other than a:
2600X ($230) or 9600K ($240)?

And which would you choose between them?

Cause you want to shell out another $160+ for an extra 10FPS depending on the game

I'm leaning towards a 2700x at the moment currently the same price as the 9600k @ Micro center ($280). I'm interested in the 9700k, but can't justify an extra ~$140 for minimal gaming performance increase. Maybe in ~6 weeks when I ready to actually buy, prices will be down on the intel parts a bit.

2738 Comments. 137 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo