Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2391 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2017, 14:12 Pigeon

Forget makeup sex, hypocritical self-hating gay sex is clearly the best kind of sex. Why else would people destroy the careers they built on hating the LGBT community?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 13:58 Pigeon

Time to start putting money into the bank of old worn mattress. That or invest everything in the market, ride the wave, and bail out just before it crashes.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2017, 21:19 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 21:03:
I truly hope Ajit Pai gets ass cancer.

Unfortunately that's impossible, because he is ass cancer.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 14, 2017, 22:50 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 22:12:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 21:50:
“Although criminal charges have not been filed, her behavior is contrary to this office’s core principle of integrity, and it will not be tolerated,” the statement said. “As public servants, we represent the people of Dallas County and are examples of justice, professionalism, and ethical behavior both inside and outside of the courtroom.”

Yet another motherfucker in law enforcement who skates without so much as a slap on the wrist. Anyone else would have been arrested, gone to jail, and then lost their job. Hope the driver sues the shit out of that bitch and DFW too!
If she had been a he, he wouldn't have even been fired!

Or perhaps she should have creeped on 14 year olds, then she would have been nominated the republican candidate for senate.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2017, 20:30 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 15:48:
My daughter almost got disqualified from her swim meet. She was on the blocks and one of her friends had just finished in the same lane. She greeted her, but the girl couldn't really see, so she said "It's me!" and pointed to herself with her middle finger. The official thought she was flipping the other girl off.

Wow, I distinctly remember getting grounded at a young age (before elementary I think) after a friend convinced me flipping off random people was a crude, but funny thing to do; damn neighbor ratted me out. So I guess I find it weird kids don't know what it means.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2017, 20:16 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 19:44:
Quantum seems more nimble certainly. We lost a lot of add-ons though, hopefully some make their way back to round it out.

Agreed, hard to measure these things, but it seems a little quicker and smoother. Only thing I'm missing is no-script, but ublock does enough.

Two things bother me though, the frame that holds all the tabs is blue, while the works well when visiting Blue's it seems out of place everywhere else, I've not yet found a way to change it. Secondly when you used opened a new blank tab it displayed tiles of the websites you frequently visit. Now it shows a bunch of other garbage, which you can get rid of, but you're stuck with a limited number of small icons for you frequently visited sites.

Relatively minor complaints, which may have solutions if I do a bit more digging.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2017, 20:31.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 14, 2017, 16:18 Pigeon

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 13:10:
Retired wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 12:40:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 12:28:
Apple supporters are such assholes. What a fucking vain clown he is. Why not just buy a rugged phone for a tenth of the price and not have to worry about a goddamned phone to begin with? The stupidity and vanity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Wait....what? He "ruined" it because he is a tool and bought a crappy case for it? But....can't....wtf......JUST TAKE IT OFF!

/Apple Idiots

Obviously he cannot take it off, it's bound to his Apple based reality distortion field. To take it off he'd have to summon Demogorgon via goat sacrifices during a blood moon, pledge his first 5 born children to the demon and then cross-dress for a month.

/s

This article was so stupid I thought it was farce, but a quick check shows he's pushed out five similarly crappy articles today alone. Getting paid to write garbage, I suppose it's a living if you lack integrity. and we've all helped

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2017, 11:29 Pigeon

Brown pants all around on that truck video. I'm guessing that's not a school bus, even though those looks like a bunch of school kids unloading? I can't imagine Norway not having some basic safety laws regarding the unloading of school buses.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 8, 2017, 21:28 Pigeon

Now that everyone's SS# has been stolen it sounds like a great time to introduce a new government identification system to safe guard our SS#s. On the other hand why do something today when you can save the rhetoric for the next election cycle.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 14:01 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 12:14:
Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 11:48:
The woman, who had been drinking,

Yeah, I think it's past time that airlines cut the booze entirely. If you can't survive a few hours without having a drink you've got serious issues.

The thing is, then you'll have people sneaking booze onto planes to drink, which makes it much more difficult to control, and turns the flight attendants into law enforcement.

Maybe, but there are already restrictions on what kind and how much alcohol you can carry on a plane. Considering the amount of rummaging the TSA already does, I don't think an alcohol ban would be hard to enforce. The real problem is after security check most airports have plenty of places to get wasted prior to getting on the plane. My guess is there's too much money involved for them to make airports 'dry' areas.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 13:47 Pigeon

It’s hard to express my disappointment with my team this season. First our top defense goes to shit when two of our players get injured, and then after years of just god awful QBing we get an exciting play maker only for him to get a season ending injury in practice. Also the owner saying almost the worst thing, in the worst context hasn’t been helpful.

Speaking of which this whole kneeling debacle has been an excellent example of exactly why they should be protesting, and why it will ultimately be ineffectual on the people it needs to effect. People (the people that need to understand) don’t know why they’re protesting, and the talking heads those people listen to straight up lie about what is being protested.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
16. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 2, 2017, 19:30 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 19:15:
Still no fucking price drops on the 1070 or 1080. Damn you, Nvidia! Shakefist

1070s are more expensive than this time last year. I paid ~$385 for mine, which was a good deal, but it wasn't unheard of. Now for the same card you're looking at ~$425. It's my understanding the crypto-currency miners are to blame. So I would be surprised to see a price drop, or resellers offering compelling sales or rebates.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 12:54 Pigeon

Happy Doggy B-day Gunnar-man!

Also, go 'Stros!!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 1, 2017, 15:26 Pigeon

Working as intended?

You got it. Voter purges have been notorious for their lack of due diligence in making assurances valid registrations do not get purged. Unfortunately this has been used to great effect for suppressing people’s right to vote, and furthering the false narrative that there is widespread voter fraud. I feel like this is something that could easily be fixed, but isn’t because it’s one more tool for corrupt politicians, who will seemingly do anything for reelection except actually governing and legislating for the people they’re supposed to be serving.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 1, 2017, 10:21 Pigeon

NKD wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 09:49:
Darks wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 09:04:
I dont condom any of this type of crap. but the real question is, why is this now just coming out? Thats what urks me to no end.

The Weinstein thing has taken the cork out of the bottle. A lot of people have been coming forward with their experiences.

Because coming out previously meant that not only would people not believe you, but also that your acting career would be over. Now there are enough people coming out about this that it's adding legitimacy to their claims and any black-balling of an actor or actress is going to be under a lot of scrutiny.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 1, 2017, 08:34 Pigeon

Luke wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 06:07:
NamecaF wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 00:16:
All this knee-jerk over-reaction and PC, social media bullshit is getting out of hand. Netflix have just lost a lot of respect with their handling of all this.

That's what happens when people have waaaaaay to much spare time

Flush men is the new black so followwww

So people not wanting to work with a child molester is out of control PC? The fact it happened years ago doesn't change what happened. It also means he got away with it for years, and it only came out now because an environment exists where the victim won't automatically be stiffled.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 16:45 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 16:27:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 16:19:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 15:25:
NKD wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 14:31:
A grand jury has approved the first set of charges in Mueller's Russia probe.

Charges remain sealed for the moment, so we may not know for a few days who is being charged and with what. Smart money is on Manafort or Flynn, but it could be just about anyone in Trump's orbit. We could see arrests as soon as Monday.

Don't worry though, Trumptards, I'm sure there will be a huge plot twist and it's actually Hillary Clinton who is getting arrested for running a pedophile conspiracy out of a pizza parlor!

I'd put my money on Manafort, sounds like he has been up to shady shit all over the world for a very long time. On the other hand Trump has surrounded himself with a throng of unscrupulous cohorts, so there's a big pool of potential criminals to pick from.
Odds are Manafort for sure, but it sure would be funny if it was Kushner. He's been caught in several disclosure omissions, and is definitely involved in some skeezy shit.
My votes for JaVanka
aka Jarod and Yvanka

Jared could have his dad's old cell; gotta keep family traditions going.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 15:25 Pigeon

NKD wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 14:31:
A grand jury has approved the first set of charges in Mueller's Russia probe.

Charges remain sealed for the moment, so we may not know for a few days who is being charged and with what. Smart money is on Manafort or Flynn, but it could be just about anyone in Trump's orbit. We could see arrests as soon as Monday.

Don't worry though, Trumptards, I'm sure there will be a huge plot twist and it's actually Hillary Clinton who is getting arrested for running a pedophile conspiracy out of a pizza parlor!

I'd put my money on Manafort, sounds like he has been up to shady shit all over the world for a very long time. On the other hand Trump has surrounded himself with a throng of unscrupulous cohorts, so there's a big pool of potential criminals to pick from.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2017, 14:01 Pigeon

Orogogus wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 13:09:
Verno wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 11:40:
Wall Street always wins.

Mandatory arbitration is A-OK and the likes of Equifax, Wells Fargo can keep up the good work without fear of crippling lawsuits, because it's not like they're doing anything wrong.

Unless Trump vetoes the bill, which ahahaha, no.

It's almost as if there weren't very good, very recent, examples of why forced arbitration is a bad idea for consumers. It's funny; I expect congress to sellout the public to corporations in such a painfully obvious fashion, but that doesn’t stop it from hurting my brain when it happens. Then again knowing you’re going to get kicked in the nuts doesn’t reduce the pain when it actually happens.

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
10. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 11:55 Pigeon

Frijoles wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 11:31:
They've fallen so far since being bought out. It's very sad. I don't even bother pricing computer builds there anymore.

I'm curious when this scheme started, I know they were bought out a year ago. It seems like it would take longer than a year for something like this to come to a head though.

2391 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo