Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2237 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse May 26, 2017, 11:22 Pigeon

He should start by body slamming the first reporter he sees; it seems to be an effective strategy.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2017, 16:47 Pigeon

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 24, 2017, 13:43:
Cutter wrote on May 24, 2017, 09:44:
That Chevy article is weird. Whole thing - article included - sounds off. But yeah, those ads are asinine, 'Did you know Chevy won yet another paid award for best cup holders!?!?!?!'

What comes to mind when you think of Chevy? Garbage. Same for all domestic vehicles.

The parody "Real people" ads from chevy are hilarious. The guy who does it gets it spot on. As for the "Fake" awards for JD Power and associates, it's garbage.

It's just social psychology 101; people tend to do what they think they're expected to do, especially if they feel ingratiated. My favorite part was this:
He did this magic trick of making it seem like you were hurting his feelings if you said anything bad about Chevy. You didn’t want to see this guy stop smiling.
He pretty much admits he just wants to please the guy. I do wonder how they picked people and if they had groups they rejected because someone wasn't enthusiastic enough.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 24, 2017, 11:39 Pigeon

Roughing up reporters, allowing bot comments, and refusing to show proof of a DDoS attack they're claiming. The only thing that's transparent is that they don't give a fuck about what people, people that aren't corporations, think.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 24, 2017, 08:18 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on May 23, 2017, 23:30:
Sweeeet. Now if I could just convince the wife to let me get one.

It's only $1100, which is like $900 cheaper than is it were $2000; what a steal! Also you'll need to get dual 1080ti's so as not to waste that monitor's potential. It'll only making your gaming more efficient, which means you'll have more time to spend with her! See how could she not let you buy it?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 22, 2017, 13:30 Pigeon

They will be disregarded, like all the rest of the comments, because they don’t care and their minds have already been boughtmade up.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2017, 12:00 Pigeon

Agent-Zero wrote on May 22, 2017, 11:10:
Experts say that her white dress might have looked like fish. Sea Lions get fed from the dock all the time. More info here:

pretty sure thats not the case since the sea lion straight up growls at her and bares his teeth right before he turns around and comes back up to snatch her in

As an expert in sea lion behaviorology I can confidently say that sea lion is a jerk. As you can easily witness he went up and told the girl she would be more comfortable if she had a seat on the railing, only to drag her into the water moments later; what a jerk.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 21, 2017, 14:38 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on May 21, 2017, 13:21:
RedEye9 wrote on May 21, 2017, 11:48:
Audeze makes $2,495 earbuds only a audiophile fool could love.

Super cheezy name for a super expensive product.

Pretty sure it's Italian for a douche.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2017, 13:38 Pigeon

VaranDragon wrote on May 21, 2017, 11:55:
About that Schwarzenegger/Terminator story: Meh.

I was really sad that they cancelled production on that King Conan film. That would have been cool. An old robot learning new tricks sounds bloody lame.

But an old and wise Conan, sitting on a throne? That damn scene had me going on imagination trips ever since I first saw it at the end of Conan: The Barbarian....

Agreed, but I'm sure the execu-bots know having Arnie in the film will mean it's a commercial success. Why take a chance using a new formula when you can plug in the one you've been using for 20+ years for guaranteed profit.

Also I vote we declare that lady's home a honey bee sanctuary, it may bee responsible for saving the species

On another note went to look at monitors at Frys... Someone might want to explain to them putting a static low rez Fry's logo on all their monitors is doing nothing to help sales. 1440p 1ms 165hz gsync OMG!!!!... looks just like the $99 monitor. About the only thing I could learn was 27" might be too big for my current setup. I sit 23-29" away from my current monitor (23.8" 1080p), any further and it get uncomfortable using the mouse and keyboard. Anyone using a 27" 1440p monitor that can chime in about view distance comfort? I know it's alot about personal preference, but it helps to hear other people's experiences.

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2017, 13:11 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on May 19, 2017, 10:04:

It's been decades since I was in a public pool, now if I could only say the same for gas station nacho cheese.

Gas station nacho cheese like the movie theater hot dog, a mystery surprise of exciting and possibly undiscovered microbes. As for the pool parasites, tough little monkeys to survive in that much chlorinated water.

There is at least enough chlorine in pools to get me busted for sneaking out while grounded. It was a great plan, parents at work for the day, it was summer and I wasn't gonna let a little grounding stop me from an awesome day at the pool. I even took, and frequently used sunscreen so a burn or heavy tan wouldn't give it a way. What I didn't count on was that 6 hours in the chlorinated water and sun was going to partially bleach my hair, oops .

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 19, 2017, 08:43 Pigeon

MoonSpook wrote on May 19, 2017, 06:28:
Are they called "bounce houses" in the US (I'm assuming US here)?

It's probably the most common thing they're called along with bouncy castles. Moonwalk was common when I was a little kid, but I've not heard them called that for a long long time.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 18, 2017, 11:36 Pigeon

As I said earlier this week the big ISPs just want to be able to do whatever the fuck they want without the threat of any competition. And the current FCC can't ride that pole any harder.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2017, 11:17 Pigeon

Very sad about Cornell, I was just listening to Like a Stone yesterday. His music was certainly part of the sound track of my teenage years.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 17, 2017, 16:21 Pigeon

HorrorScope wrote on May 17, 2017, 14:17:
Creston wrote on May 17, 2017, 13:51:
I like how they call it "over-charging" as opposed to "blatant theft" which is what it really is.

Yep, love how they can water down crimes like this, we all need to incorporate ourselves.

If you under-pay you have to pay an extra fee, get reported to a collection agency, and they destroy your credit. If they over charge you, you have to sit through customer support hell as they make every attempt to weasel out of what they promised, and probably make a few financial threats if you say you're going to back out of the contract they didn't honor. Such a balanced relationship, they can undoubtedly be trusted to handle your personal data and deliver the service they promised.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2017, 11:55 Pigeon

"While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant's behavior is a threat to civilized society," the suit said.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 16, 2017, 14:02 Pigeon

Does anyone actually believe the ISP's reasons for needing to get rid of Net Neutrality? I feel like we all know they just want free-reign to do whatever the fuck they want regardless of the effect on everyone else while being protected from other companies/industries attempting to do the same. Do we really need to watch the FCC eat the shit cake and pat it's tummy in effort to convince people it's good?  

18. Re: Off topic May 15, 2017, 22:49 Pigeon

Mr. Tact wrote on May 15, 2017, 19:19:
Okay, old news that I have been purposely ignoring... finally read an article on the Penn State hazing death. OMG. I hope everyone involved does jail time. Absolutely ridiculous and unforgivable...

I read about it last week, the words horrific and disgusting come to mind. Complete and total fucking human garbage devoid of any redeeming quality what so ever. How do you do that to another human being, particularly one that's supposed to be 'one of your own'? I'd rather not read the details again as it'll just piss me off more, but if I remember there should be enough evidence to nail a large number of those fuckers.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 15, 2017, 10:02 Pigeon

He should have been in vent apprising every one of his WoW login status on a minute by minute basis while working through the issue with customer support!!! MINUS 100 DKP! I loved a good raid, but as a raid leader managing the logistics could be a pain in the ass; same with managing personalities, particularly when things weren’t going well.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale on June 22?
2. Re: Steam Summer Sale on June 22? May 14, 2017, 13:05 Pigeon

There is nothing special about the summer sale any more other than the convenience of all the games being on sale at the same time. I think most of the sales prices can be found at various times through out the year. Also IMO the volume of shovelware and early-access games have also muddied the waters.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 12, 2017, 09:00 Pigeon

I like how the new FCC defines competition. It's competition if another choice is near you, even though you can't actually get it. Makes sense to me  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2017, 13:41 Pigeon

Choachy wrote on May 10, 2017, 10:35:
This is a rhetorical thinking out loud thought, but why do so many people have problems with contractors? We had an awful experience with a siding and window contractor. And it seems no matter who you talk to, if they've dealt with a contractor, they've had a bad contractor experience. Is it the nature of the business? Or rather, how they do business? Do they try to juggle too much? Is it an intelligence thing?
It seems like if you are honest, diligent, and skilled enough you could make a KILLING as a contractor because the bar is set so low by all the bad ones out there.

I think there is often a lack or problem solving/critical thinking skills in such trades. It’s not enough to be good with your hands you have to have a good internal conceptualization of what you’re doing and if/when problems arise how to deal with them. Most of my experience of bad ‘handiwork’ has been on the automotive side of things, and it has usually been an issue of the mechanic just replacing a part as opposed to actually diagnosing the problem. I’m sure part of it is just trying to do things quickly, the least amount of work to “fix” the problem.

2237 Comments. 112 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo