Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2657 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2018, 13:18 Pigeon

People are lazy and selfish. That pretty much sums up why people don't pick up after their dogs, and most other complaints about humanity in general.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2018, 13:54 Pigeon

I had Chipotle once, it wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't recommend it. It was more reminiscent of a wrap than a burrito, mostly cause it was dry as fuck despite requesting things like refried beans and cheese.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 18, 2018, 11:01 Pigeon

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 22:45:
If ye knew women's clothing you'd know they mostly don't even have pockets. It's all in the bags...

Was going to say this. Most of my female coworkers complain about this, and the ultimate insult is when something is sown on to look like a pocket, but isn't. Women's fashion is pretty ridiculous in my eyes; I see plenty walking around in heels so high they have to constantly keep their knees slightly bent to keep balance. Then again wtf do I know about fashion and looking good

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2018, 14:01 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 13:45:
Engineers create most wear-resistant metal alloy in the world.

You engineers need to stop. How can we have planned obsolescence if you keep making better and better materials?

They'll engineer one crucial component to break, that way you get to pay the price of having something with this high-tech alloy, but still have to purchase replacements just as regularly.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Aug 16, 2018, 21:10 Pigeon

I admit I'm curious, but not enough to ever try that :p

The best thing I've found is to put your left over pizza in a big Ziploc baggie. This keeps it form losing it's moisture in the first place, so no need to try and reconstitute it. For reheating I put it on foil in the oven and just run it through the preheat, comes out almost as good as fresh.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 15, 2018, 13:23 Pigeon

Actually saw a 1070 on sale for under $400, so mining must be slowing down. I fully expect the value of at least bitcoin to be back up to ~$8k in a month's time, but maybe this the the forrealthistime collapse. The only real way to destroy bitcoin would be for me to invest a substantial amount in it then watch as it immediately drops 5000% in value  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 15:48 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 12:08:
A recent FSIS observational study found that people performing tasks like cutting poultry “failed to successfully wash their hands 97 percent of the times they should have.”
Since 30% or more of the chicken you buy is out of compliance, you'd better not be in that 97%.
https://www.cdc.gov/features/handwashing/index.html

Always wash your hands after each instance of handling chicken. Then dry them on the same towel you use for everything, cause towels are magic objects that only absorb bacteria and never spread it Chef

News Comments > The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft
6. Re: The Battle for Azeroth Begins in World of Warcraft Aug 14, 2018, 08:43 Pigeon

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 07:06:
Alamar wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 19:40:
I'm sure it'll be fun when it starts working ; )

Actually the only hitch it had was within the first 10 mins of release and it was more or less queues and a busted interaction with Magni. Since then it's been smooth sailing at least on the US side of things.

They may have actually learned something from the botched pre-event patch.

NKD wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 02:01:
At any rate, this is the first expansion I've not played at launch, and probably won't end up playing at all. Kicked the WoW habit a year or so back.

You'll be back. You just don't know it yet.

I had to hit rock bottom first, farming WoW pokemon, turning tricks for a raid spot, but I finally kicked the habit. It's been five years since I've WoW'd, if I can stop anyone can. You just have to realize how bored you actually are playing this game

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 13, 2018, 13:11 Pigeon

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 12:52:
Admittedly I really don't like superhero movies all that much, but I do watch all the Marvel ones now as they are super good. I could care less about anything DC, really. But, why is there such a backlash over this woman? She was good in the XXX movie and John Wick. She's good looking. Was Batwoman a different skin color or something? I mean, wtf?

Edit, read story. So...she comes off as gay, turns out she is gay, and she's...NOT GAY ENOUGH?

PC culture, man. Just, fuck it.

Unfortunately some people's only skill is being loud and obnoxious and they can take an otherwise noble cause and ruin it.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2018, 14:10 Pigeon

Opossums, managing to pull of being both ugly and cute.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Crytpo market wipeout Aug 12, 2018, 13:43 Pigeon

I figured there was going to be another dump soon. At this point it's just an expensive game of gin rummy for the rich and/or stupid. I'm sure it'll be back up to $8k in another 2-3 months followed by another big sell off.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 08:31 Pigeon

1badmf wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 00:15:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 19:58:
I read somewhere that QAnon was started as a liberal prank that conservatives ended up actually adopting.

i hope that's the case because the sheer stupidity of it would be hilarious if there haven't already been people hurt by it. i think the only way the far right would ever give it up is if they found it it really was a liberal trolling campaign. honestly i cannot comprehend how anyone, nevermind a large number of conservatives, could believe that the clintons ran a pedophile ring under a pizzeria. a story like that would never even be made as a B movie cuz it's so unbelievably bad.

o_O <--- just read a little bit about QAnon. It seems like obvious satire, and even if its not meant to be it is enormously disappointing so many people are latching on to it, or parts of it. It makes me think maybe it'd be for the best if Giant Meteor won the 2020 election.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2018, 11:54 Pigeon

Thankfully I keep most my hording tendencies confined to my hard-drives . I know I've got emails that are old enough to vote. My biggest problem is having a lot of duplicate files from backing up various computers/devices and dumping it all into a "sort later" folder. I cleaned things up a bit a few weeks ago, but got tired of doing it after a few hours... I'll get to it later, in a few months or years  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2018, 13:03 Pigeon

I had to manually download and apply certain updates for Vista otherwise the updater would get stuck and run indefinitely. It's been a problem for at least several years. MS doesn't care about older OSes, and the only thing they seem to care about with Win 10 is that is keeps trying to get you to use some feature you don't care about like onedrive or Cortana.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Aug 5, 2018, 22:05 Pigeon

My favorite quote from the article:
New discount-loving customers flooded in, but owners soon complained that the customers were essentially upsell-resistant cheapskates who often ended up costing the businesses money.

As the saying goes, you can't get blood from a stone.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 4, 2018, 19:51 Pigeon

YourNick wrote on Aug 4, 2018, 16:40:
Article wasn't what I expected. No mention of tax havens, cheap overseas manufacturing, ignoring Qualcomm's patents, and overpriced merchandise. Not to mention the walled garden.

That was the dodo version for people who only care about things that effect them directly. Getting such cheap manufacturing that the miserable laborers fling themselves off the building with enough frequency suicide nets have to be installed, that's just smart business. Charging cables that can't withstand the daily abuses of some inattentive phone zombie... THOSE GREEDY EVIL BASTARDS!!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 4, 2018, 09:02 Pigeon

Creston wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 15:23:
Pigeon wrote on Aug 3, 2018, 14:21:
Makes me wonder what happened

He's under investigation for corruption. Apparently if you do a few good things, you can then go "See? Not everything I do is for the benefit of the corporations who have their hands up my ass!" and then everything will be forgiven, and he can go back to giving Sinclair, Comcast and AT&T everything they want and fuck the American public.

That explains it. For a second there I thought he was actually trying to promote market competition; instead of just talking about it while actively doing the opposite. But he's just trying to cover his own ass, that's the kind of Republican I recognize.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 3, 2018, 14:21 Pigeon

Certainly a surprise. A few weeks ago they blocked Sinclair/Tribune merger. Makes me wonder what happened; maybe he got visited by the ghosts of Christmas in July past, present and yet to come.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2018, 13:13 Pigeon

And he never went to the barber again, thus explaining the origin of cousin It.

I blew through season 3 of Rick and Morty once I noticed it was up on Hulu, the end of the episodes came much too soon.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 31, 2018, 20:46 Pigeon

MoviePass absolutely nobody saw this coming... /s  

2657 Comments. 133 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo