Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Pigeon

Real Name Pigeon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Pigeon
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 17:35
Total Comments 2917 (Senior)
User ID 18068

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 11:55 Pigeon

As mentioned before, mobile experience is 300% better by measure of the PAMS(Pigeon's Arbitrary Measurement Scale). The side bars seemed excessively large on my 1440p monitor, though currently looking good on my laptop (1080). Nice work guys.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 11:54 Pigeon

Was waiting to get my oil changed and checked the site on my phone. Great improvement with the mobile experience.  

News Comments > Into the Black

2. Re: Into the Black Nov 4, 2019, 22:47 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 4, 2019, 20:02:
Decent info, but i think they want to sell me something.

You're too cynical, sometimes people just want to spread good information. Had I not read a similar article I would never have completely cured my posture issues with Snake-Eye Gamer Xtrme Spinal Realignment Oil+™.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2019, 13:50 Pigeon

We thought unmitigated greed would keep those planes in the air. Our engineers now tell us it's not a structurally, electrically or educationally reliable material. Our thoughts and prays are with those brave volunteers who made this discovery possible, and we promise to use less of this hazardous material so long as we think we're being watched.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2019, 13:19 Pigeon

Sorry for your and Mrs. Blue's loss. It sounds like you have a lot of good memories of him though, which I've found help with the sting.  

News Comments > Into the Black

3. Re: Into the Black Oct 23, 2019, 23:01 Pigeon

LPL has become my favorite channel about something I had no interest in.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2019, 11:38 Pigeon

Hope that trooper had a fresh pair of undies in his car, cause damn!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 15, 2019, 08:58 Pigeon

VoodooV wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 15:34:
I didn't think Vista or 8 were too bad, ME bluescreened on me during first boot of a clean system so it can eat a bag of dicks.

It's getting to a point though where I feel like we have to qualify this a little bit better. For Vista and 8, I thought they were fine, it was just the interface that sucked. Same for 10 quite honestly. When you get past the UI bullshit, it does what I need it to do.

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 11:34:
Windows Vista, 8 and ME were good.
hard to say with a straight face

Vista and 8 were fine after some patches and in the case of 8 a start menu fix. Windows 10 was fine until patches

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 14, 2019, 21:21 Pigeon

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 14, 2019, 20:17:
People thought Panera was making mac and cheese from scratch?

The only thing I thought was off was using two plastic pouches to fill one bowl. Great way to keep the food relatively fresh with quick prep, but another middle finger to the environment.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2019, 13:21 Pigeon

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 11:24:
He claims Tesla disabled a speed limiter he had installed. The limiter itself was apparently 85mph which is not exactly "survivable" when you hit a concrete wall either but obviously hes a grieving parent and not being rational. Perhaps do not let your son drive the car after he's been caught driving excessively fast. What an odd society we live in today.

Seems a pretty clear cut case of gross negligence on the part of the driver. But with the way the father is acting I assume the "kid", aka legal adult, had a hefty does of believing consequences are something other people are responsible for.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2019, 13:17 Pigeon

So if I start heavily drinking now, by the time the hepatitis starts to set in I can have a new liver made. Sweet! Now where's that bottle of southern comfort.

Thanks to Frans and KXmode for their hard work dragging this site into modern times. Though to be honest I like this site's simplistic design, I feel modern sites could stand to take a more minimalist approach. Still something more touch/mobile friendly would be welcome. Just don't implement that feature where the screen shifts just as you're about to select a link and you end up clicking an ad instead.

News Comments > Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests

6. Re: Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests Oct 8, 2019, 11:24 Pigeon

Wherein Blizzard takes a shit, then turns around and steps in it. It's probably too much to hope this causes a big enough issue it causes significant financial harm to Blizzard.  

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 1, 2019, 08:48 Pigeon

People still wear jean jackets? Personally I'm waiting for the smart jeans with in crotch camera. You can take and send dick pics whenever you want. Plus all that localized EM radiation will reduce fertility thus lowering the global population and saving our planet from impending ecological doom.  

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 1, 2019, 08:41 Pigeon

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 23:32:
Steele Johnson wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 19:09:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 18:19:
Stranger Things
Do these guys not know it's ok to end a series.

I couldn’t even get past the 3rd episode. It has become a bad version of Goonies. Their attempt to make it lighthearted and humorous failed miserably

Watch the first season. It's slow to start but once it gets going...

I enjoyed the last season, but I share concerns about it getting stretched out due to popularity and the quality suffering.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2019, 16:27 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 14:26:
The images that capture a phone-less world.

Was listening to Berkeley sleep doctor Matt Walker. He said never ever use your phone in bed. Your brain will associate the bed as "the phone place" and not the "sleep place." He also said never use your phone after 8, although blue light filters mitigate that somewhat. His suggestion: read on paper in warm natural light on the sofa, then when you're close to sleep go to the bedroom. The bedroom should be for intimacy and sleep, and that's it.

I used to frequently be bothered by insomnia, and using my bed only for sleeping is one of the things I've learned to do that's helped. This includes not using my bed for naps as I'm more likely to sleep than have a quick nap. Also letting go of the delusion that I can have caffeinated drinks in the evening and it not effecting my sleep.

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 14:44:
Pigeon wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 13:54:
at work I use k-cups
hopefully not the reusable refillable k-cups

Not just that, but also the most unbiodegradable k-ups we can find, packed with extra BPA. I drink it with a double Styrofoam cup that comes in packs held together with 6-pack plastic rings.

Kidding aside we are at least switching to, supposedly, fully biodegradable k-cups.So that's something at least.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2019, 13:54 Pigeon

I hit the on button on my Mr. Coffee, with my pre-ground whatever is cheaper beans. If that doesn't raise y'all's hackles, at work I use k-cups. Feel free to roast me along with your beans.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2019, 11:55 Pigeon

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 27, 2019, 11:45:
Hoop wrote on Sep 27, 2019, 11:16:
Gotta say I'm making further progress from severe sciatica down both legs, maybe 60% there. Just as importantly when it's bad the exercises get rid of it instantly.
I've had zero success with swapping vaginal fluid, maybe i should try the pt stretching video Blue linked.

Who knew that scissoring was a legitimate medical procedure.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2019, 11:46 Pigeon

Sounds like the labradoodle creator had good intentions, but nothing he can do about the greed and selfishness of others. Not sure how bad the problem is in other countries, but in the States puppy-mills are not known for being hygienic places where the breeders care about things like inbreeding or hereditary problems.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2019, 11:25 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2019, 11:06:
Woman Mistakes Wasabi For Avocado, Ends Up in Hospital With Heart Dysfunction.

Huh, so "died of a broken heart" could actually be a thing. Who knew?

I just want to know how much this woman ate. I mean a chip with a hefty amount of "guacamole" on it would be a lot of wasabi, but how would you not immediately know it's not guaca if you jammed that much wasabi in your gob?

9. Re: Brain amoeba Sep 17, 2019, 13:32 Pigeon

In general you should not go swimming in any body of water in Texas east of the hill country until you get to the coast. Even then there are lots of places you should avoid i.e. Galveston. On a related note, do not eat the fish from Houston's bayous, you're gonna have a bad time.  

2917 Comments. 146 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >