Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 666 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Patched
11. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Mar 16, 2013, 21:13 Ventura

But what do you think still needs fixing in SC1? There are plenty of mods and maps and the base game runs very well, no anecdotal problems on a few systems, in fact the opposite!

When playing with AIs, a fix for the sim speed slowing to a crawl on the larger maps would have been nice. They introduced that tasty bug with FA and never did get around to fixing it. Broke the game for me, pretty much, and judging by the size of the thread over at the official forums, several others too.

The level of support that SC2 received absolutely dwarfed that of the original, so it's something that's definitely determined by who is the game's publisher.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released
46. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 22:15 Ventura

It's all such a damn shame, because, server problems aside (ok, and simulation issues), there's a phenomenal game underneath it all.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
37. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 20:58 Ventura

Both Gearbox and Sega should be sued for this scam.

By who, Fox? They don't give a fuck, never have, never will. This shit wouldn't be canon if they did, and for the matter, neither would Alien 3 and Resurrection. My having been able to take a dump on them without even mentioning the AvP movies just goes to show how much of a damn they give.

I felt bad for Sega until I read the bit about how they wanted it to be like Call of Duty fighting marines. Not anymore. Along with Fox and Gearbox, they can go fuck themselves too.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
138. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 13, 2013, 07:15 Ventura

As James Cameron put it regarding the Alien and Terminator franchises "the soup has been pissed in too many times", he won't go anywhere near them again

To be honest, I don't blame him. It kinda smells like someone has taken a dump in the soup now.

I have played the A:CM campaign pretty solidly during the last two evenings after work, and I'm so over it. Despite being a huge Aliens fan, I'm really not enjoying it very much, and there have been several moments where I've had to have a break because I feel like putting my fist through the monitor. For oh so many reasons.

This is another such break. I'm not going to pick it up again until tomorrow night now.

I hate Fox calling this shit canon. Actually, that sentence is a little too long. I just fucking hate Fox. It's something they did just so that it might sell a few more copies. They don't give a fuck about the franchise or its quality, they just see $$$ signs.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
62. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 22:57 Ventura

This game's garbage. There are walkthrough videos already up on Youtube, and I gotta be honest, it's far from good.

Granted, they're not of the pc version yet, so the poor cunts can't aim straight and shit, but my god is it bad.

If it didn't have Aliens in it, nobody would ever touch this steaming pile of shit. Based on what I've seen, I'd say we're looking at an average metacritic rating of anywhere between 50-65.

If you're not a fan of the franchise, move on, there's nothing to see here. If you are (like me), it's a case of same old, same old. Once again, we have to suffer this kind of crap, because it's got the name attached.

I want to support this franchise, I really do. Aliens and Predator are both absolutely astonishing movies. But even I'm running out of fucking patience here, and if I hadn't scored the collector's edition on a sweet trade-in deal at EB, I'd cancel my pre-order and buy something else with my credit.

And that's saying something.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut
24. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 8, 2013, 12:23 Ventura

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 11:48:
Well, there are full playthroughs of the game online now and it sucks. There's so many reasons big and small it adds up to a third rate DNF style rush job.

Fuck sake.

I just have this sinking feeling, like I want the game to rock so bad, but I know you're right and this is exactly the sort of game it's going to end up. Bah.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Bug Hunt" DLC Revealed?
72. Re: wow..... ;0(... Feb 8, 2013, 08:17 Ventura

Shataan wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 21:48:
I here ya Ventura. So far the PC mp forced asscam alien view... well that certainly wasn`t what we were waiting for OR wanted. Rebellion and Monolith for a few of their faults, they didn`t try to shove that B/S down our throats. Gotta love em respect em for that.

True that, mate.

The game we've had might not have been the best, but I'd always rather they tried and failed than not tried at all. AvP 2010 may not be terribly well liked, but I have played far worse games in my time.

While I must admit to being somewhat annoyed at Gearbox/Sega for them selling bug hunt rather than adding it to the game as I feel they should, I have no intention of cancelling my preorder.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Bug Hunt" DLC Revealed?
64. Re: wow..... ;0(... Feb 7, 2013, 21:13 Ventura

I just watched some youtube vids showing a fair amount of actual gameplay for A CMs. The A.I. is really bad. I mean dated, and BAD. For all the bragging GearBox/Pitchford has done for this game, the A.I. is not reflecting it by any means.

Now, granted the ingame footage is console version (looks ass tbh), I really hope the PC versions A.I. is ALOT tighter. And I hope the PC Squad members can actually shoot, and HIT and KILL some Aliens. Otherwise, they seem to be just getting in the way. They have been pretty useless as far as the footage shows.

Ive got some bad news Shataan.

The recent IGN play through was on the pc version. They were playing with 360 controllers, but you could see them getting steam achievements.

Right at the end of the play through, they decide to replay the first campaign level on the Ultimate Badass difficulty, and you can see an absolute AI fail concerning one of the first aliens you encounter in the campaign. It basically just stops in its tracks, well within sight of the player.

I still have my preorder, traded in for it so kinda feels like I'm not paying for it, but I must admit, I don't think it's gonna prove to be what we've been waiting for, all these years.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer
28. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Feb 1, 2013, 10:54 Ventura

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 06:20:
Scrolling back, I can see his point. Supporting a game you know is extremely bad ergo a bane for future games if the publisher gets allot of money out of it anyway, is almost unethical. But hey! The game has "Alien" in it, so who gives a soddin' fuck.. yea?

Pretty much. Hey, I was 12 when they shot Aliens, and I love every fucking minute of it. If this franchise is to die, I will go down with the ship. Who hasn't watched that movie and not wanted to be a marine shooting bugs in that colony?

In any case, calling this game "extremely bad" is a bit of a reach. Certainly nobody in here could know that for sure, and I don't think anyone ever deliberately pays for a game they know they won't enjoy. That's crazy talk.

End of the day, I imagine most of us have franchises we're more loyal to than others. I pushed myself into Star Trek Online for much the same reason. Unethical? Hehe... how will I ever live with myself?

26. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 23:15 Ventura

Quinn wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 03:53:
Don't fool yourself like that. It's stupid and you'll piss me off because I still love my gaming hobby and you're going to support something the game industry must forget asap.

Awww, how ever am I going to live with pissing you off by buying this game?

Certainly a whole lot of judge, jury and verdict cast in this thread already.

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 03:21 Ventura

I don't really care about graphics so much, but yeah, that's something of an underwhelming trailer.

I'll still buy it though, I know it. It's Aliens!

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists
20. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 05:42 Ventura

Apparently they've thrown Nuketown back into a new "fast-action playlist" in the Bonus category. It's called Chaos Moshpit, and it also has Carrier, Cargo, Express, Hijacked, Slums and Standoff in the rotation.

Predictably, most of those that have bagged Treyarch here won't post again once this news hits.

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists
1. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 19, 2012, 21:08 Ventura

While this seems to have pissed a few people off, I'm just happy I can still play the map in custom games. Been having a lot of fun going up against bots playing the domination game mode.  

News Comments > Next Call of Duty Tidbits?
9. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 15, 2012, 04:58 Ventura

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:36:
Plot points? It's virtually the same fucking game every year. $150 a year for the same game? Lol! Fools and their money.

If you can name something better that I should be playing instead, something that hasn't put all its eggs in that multiplayer basket, I'm all ears mate.

I haven't been enjoying the BO2 campaign as much as the MW campaigns, but once again you can throw bots into multiplayer games, and zombie mode has a whole campaign now too, it's not just survival on a map or two.

So yeah, once again, that cd's packed full of stuff to do. By all means though, don't let such trivialities stop you from hating on it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
66. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 17:29 Ventura

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 14:21:
Um you realize this is a console game right? there has been no GFX upgrade to COD in this cycle and there wont be until the next gen console hits the market. Hell they even got busted using the exact same assets between games, and new gameplay modes? heh game hasnt changed since WaW, single player, multiplayer, zombies. Infact the only thing I can see that has been changing is the single player experience keeps getting shorter and shorter... You like the games great, enjoy, but dont BS yourself, it is what it is, assembly line video game production. BTW I bought and enjoyed WaW on the PS3.

What a load of shit.

Have you actually played the fucking game? You know, the one prerequisite that you'd think would have to be satisfied in order to be able to bag it?

I'm a few missions into the campaign, and the game looks great. I don't know how they do it, because I know it's the same engine, but it looks better than ever before, and it's light years ahead of WaW.

I have to go work now (as you do), but I'll be back. Oh, and the zombie mode has a campaign of its own now. Single player experience keeps getting shorter and shorter?

Guys, if you're going to bitch about something, know a bit about it first, eh?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - NBA 2K13
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - NBA 2K13 Oct 3, 2012, 07:58 Ventura

I did hear they have Charles Barkley in the game at last. That peaked my interest somewhat, as he was my favourite way back when.

I could never handle how the 5 vs 5 basketball games played though, they were always so monotonous. 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 ala NBA Jam or Street is where it's at for me.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Funded
10. Re: Planetary Annihilation Funded Sep 15, 2012, 05:07 Ventura

Wowzers, I haven't really gotten into the whole kickstarter thing, but I'd drop good money to play this game. Chris Taylor eat your heart out

I have to ask though, does Kickstarter really work? In this day and age I can understand why it exists, but are there any really good gaming examples where a game was created, fully funded, and then the project was delivered and it met expectations?

I'm just curious is all, but (certainly as a PC gamer at heart) it's starting to look like a site that really deserves a lot more of my attention.

News Comments > Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced
4. Re: Sony Player Studio; EverQuest; & EverQuest II Expansions Announced Sep 6, 2012, 22:17 Ventura

Like most gamers these day there are things I miss about my earlier gaming years, and right up at the top of the list there's vanilla Everquest. What a game it was. There are things I'll just never forget, like spotting a Hill Giant from afar for the first time when myself and a couple mates made the trip from Qeynos to Freeport.

There's no way I'd ever pay for it again though, but it was the bees knees back then. Just about everyone that I'd met thanks to Quake 1 was playing it.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Aug 12, 2012, 19:46 Ventura

Kinect 2 image leaks

Never did get the original. Something about performing an action in February and it registering in-game in March just turned me off :/

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2012, 04:27 Ventura

Apparently the father of the couple that brought their 4 year old and 4 month old to the showing Confused chose to do a runner rather than try and save his family. I read on one of the reports that he jumped over the balcony because he was concerned his infant son's crying would have alerted the gunman to his position.

Like the article says though, it gets better, because after having escaped, he apparently just drove away from the scene. As you do.

What's even more amusing is that, at the hospital, he proposed to her and she said yes.

There's a marriage that's going to go the distance.

666 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo