Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 275885
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 670 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Content
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Content Dec 1, 2016, 04:12 Ventura

Can I just get a Rainbow Six Siege 2 with a full campaign please? And preferably coop'able... please?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released
1. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released Nov 4, 2016, 10:42 Ventura

Anyone got it (and MW Remastered)? If so, any good? Mainly interested in single player content, so the campaign and ability to play private matches with bots  

News Comments > Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule
4. Re: Ubisoft VR Games Release Schedule Aug 18, 2016, 16:58 Ventura

Bumpy wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 13:07:
It's like going back to a black and white CRT TV, no thanks.

You know someone hasn't really sampled VR when they go after the resolution. Cartoon like? Black and white? That's pushing it a little too far. Granted, it might not feel like HD as we know it, but it's not SD either.

Improvements in resolution will be welcome, but the big problem, certainly as far as being a Vive owner is concerned, is that there's fuck all to play that makes use of the Vive. Anyone getting into VR might aswell buy the CV1 because it's only the sit down experiences that have any kind of longevity.

Speaking of which, I can't fucking wait for Bridge Crew.

News Comments > StarCraft HD Next Month?
19. Re: StarCraft HD Next Month? Aug 5, 2016, 21:55 Ventura

Xero wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 14:33:
I myself wouldn't mind a WC3 HD update as I played multi to death on that game

Warcraft 3 had a fantastic editor, I did an RPG mod for the game, so if they brought their editor up to scratch alongside the HD remake, I'd return for that alone, and I'd pony up a bit for it, too.

News Comments > Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement
11. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 14, 2016, 20:38 Ventura

Rigs wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 20:24:
Dammit, the JJ-version... *sigh*

Kinda what I was thinking too. Give me classic Trek any day of the week.

That said, as a Trek fan from way back (and someone who also got into VR, having bought two Oculus DK2's), I pretty much *have* to buy this game when it comes out.

News Comments > DOOM Trailers
40. Re: DOOM Trailers May 12, 2016, 20:48 Ventura

Nullity wrote on May 12, 2016, 14:10:
while I am interested in SnapMap and think it's a good idea in general, I fear that it will be much too limited. I think you only have access to the prefabs they provide, and you can't make custom areas/rooms from scratch. I don't think the provided prefabs can be modified at all (increase width/length/add a door/knock out a wall/etc), nor can you add verticality that isn't already there (I actually have a long list of feature requests).

Must admit I'm concerned about this as well. I know you can choose to add your own crates and boxes and what not to certain rooms, but the ability to just design them from scratch might not be there, and this means that if you play enough Snapmap content you're going to start seeing repeats.

On the flip side, I've had about two hours with the game (since having to go to work), and it runs great and plays well on my 4770 8gig 980gtx system. I like the executions, though I do recommend starting on at least hurt me plenty, if not ultra violence.

I did fire up Snapmap, if just to play a map (did that E1M2 that's available), and it was okay, but I'm anxious to fire up those tutorials and see what's what.

Objectively, the game's a bargain. Outside of multiplayer (which I won't comment about because I'll never touch it), it's not a purchase I regret in the slightest, and I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend.

News Comments > DOOM Trailers
14. Re: DOOM Trailers May 12, 2016, 02:57 Ventura

nin wrote on May 11, 2016, 21:43:
snapmaaaaaap-nanananananana!

Once again, nin, welcome aboard to the Snapmap craze.

I've watched just about every video there is, preordered with GMG and have the game pre-loaded in full.

Bring on Friday 13th. If I could get away with chucking a sickie, I would.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 May 9, 2016, 02:11 Ventura

nin wrote on May 8, 2016, 20:50:
Honestly, that has me semi interested in the game now, and I'd previously wrote it off...

I hear you mate. As good as it might be, I'd never have purchased Doom for just the single player, but the Snapmap stuff, well, it does look really impressive.

Roll on Friday I say.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 May 8, 2016, 20:38 Ventura

edit again: Ok, that's fucking awesome!

Yeah can't wait for it hey. There's going to be so much content available for it. Surprised you didn't know about it though, it was part of their reveal back during last years E3.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 8, 2016, 19:52 Ventura

I picked up the new Doom and I'm actually really looking forward to it - both singleplayer and the snapmap thing. No intention of playing multiplayer and I figure it couldn't be any worse than Doom 3, right?  

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans
21. Re: DOOM Open Beta Next Week; DLC/Season Pass Plans Apr 7, 2016, 08:07 Ventura

This is all such a shame, to be honest. That E3 video, I think it was, showcasing all of those ways the game could be modded with that SnapMap, it looked so damn impressive.  

News Comments > Grim Dawn Dawns
21. Re: Grim Dawn Dawns Mar 3, 2016, 18:20 Ventura

Primalchrome wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 18:02:
I haven't had this much fun with an ARPG since Torchlight II.

There are people that actually like Torchlight 2? Wowsers. Following the amazing Torchlight 1, I found it so bitterly lacklustre. I haven't been that disappointed in a game since the original Dungeon Siege.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rolls Out
13. Re: American Truck Simulator Rolls Out Feb 3, 2016, 07:16 Ventura

They added Oculus DK2 support on launch.

Any company doing that surely gets my vote, and I know there's not a lot of content, but $20 isn't a whole lot of cash, either, so I figure it breaks even.

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
102. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 7, 2016, 21:38 Ventura

Quinn wrote on Jan 7, 2016, 04:11:
Ridiculous price for a dumb thing. Knock on my door once all games support it by default and it's not just a lame headpiece but an entire body piece, with some sort of treadmill tech included.

This is just so meh, so overhyped. Imo.

Tell me you've played it, like the DK2 or something, because seriously, anyone can call something overhyped they've had absolutely no exposure to.

Coming from someone who has sunk hundreds of hours into titles like Euro Truck Sim 2, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and Elite Dangerous with a DK2 on my head, it was a no-brainer. Expensive, granted, but sure, I'm in. I could never play a game in which I'm in a cockpit again without it being in VR.

To those that haven't, think things like triple-screen monitors and trackIR get you there? No. It's not even *close*.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
33. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 6, 2015, 17:20 Ventura

Tom wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 12:46:
I'm talking about Elite being firmly in the "Notable Exceptions" section of this list. Having to use an obsolete runtime and extended mode is a poor experience by itself. Then there are issues like this where Frontier is clearly not testing/playing the game with VR themselves. It gives me the impression they're just in it for the money, they don't really have a clue about VR, and yet they have the hubris to characterize their work as "only the best VR experience out there"? Come on. Seriously?

Fair enough mate. Granted, the lack of support for the more recent runtimes is a bit of an issue, though I'm (sadly) used to it thanks to the likes of Assetto Corsa. That said, Slighty Mad Studios, developer of Project Cars, were able to get their title working with runtime 7+, and they can't be that much bigger a developer than Frontier.

It does reek of not giving a damn, I'll be honest, which leads to them having the nerve to post their minimum VR specs, as if it's something they've proven themselves committed to. Granted.

I wrote what I did, though, and stand by it, because, for better or worse, I still find the Elite Dangerous VR experience to be second to none. I'm not a huge fan of the game, I'll be honest, it's a bit of a grind (as I'm finding, now), but the immersion is out of this world. Whether or not they do give a damn, hey, what do I know? But outside of that, I can only go on the experience, and for me, it set the bar.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Specs
26. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Specs Dec 5, 2015, 20:40 Ventura

Tom wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 12:44:
Elite "only the best VR experience out there"??!! Ha! Ridiculous. It was one of the first, but hardly the best. I'd say it's varied wildly throughout its lifetime from completely unusable to moderately good on the DK2, with the last several months being stuck firmly at poor.

I don't really know how to respond to this, because you're writing as if you know what you're talking about, but all I can say is that, for my part (and that of many others whom I've had contact with), it's grossly inaccurate.

Every experience is subjective anyway, so maybe it just wasn't your cup of tea (I'm going to assume you've tried most), but Elite is considered one of the best VR experiences there is. I spent more time in Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Assetto Corsa way back when, but more recently I've gotten back into Elite again, and the immersion is astonishing. I wouldn't lie and pretend I'd still be playing if VR support was dropped, but isn't that just another compliment?

But if, as you say, it's hardly the best, or that it's just "moderately good" (or even poor), then please, feel free to elaborate on what you feel is so much better.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released
15. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released Dec 2, 2015, 08:34 Ventura

The strength of the classic R6 games was "realism" (as far as possible in a video game). This Siege piece of shit is the pinnacle of lameness.

And on the flip side, you don't regenerate health back when shot in Siege and you can't take cover while still being able to see around the corner like you could with Vegas.

Regardless of your thoughts with that bomb defuser mode, these are surely steps in the right direction.

It's not a perfect game, and no AAA developer is going to shoot for realism at the expense of potentially selling more copies, but what's here I'm certainly finding enjoyable. I just wish there was more of it.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released
7. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Released Dec 1, 2015, 17:18 Ventura

I could terrorist hunt all day, so I picked it up.

While the lack of a campaign is a bit of a let down, the situations (as they call them) do tend to lend themselves well to that SWAT motif IMO, where your job might just be to go in and rescue a hostage or some such. I've only done a couple of them, but I am looking forward to the others, and I could easily see myself replaying some of them on harder difficulties.

More terrorist hunt customisation would be nice though. Basically you just click on terrorist hunt and go, and the game chooses the mode and map for you at random. You can influence that by enabling or disabling what you'd like to have come up in the options menus, but I'd rather be able to directly pick those things myself.

Outside of that, yes it's faster than Rainbow Six of old, but hey, was it ever not going to be?

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Key Sources Follow-up
14. Re: Into the Black Nov 19, 2015, 01:20 Ventura

If you want to be playing at 12:01 on launch, you might want to consider elsewhere.

Or, as would certainly seem to be the case with Star Wars Battlefront, if you just want to playing any time on release day, you're better off considering elsewhere.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Extended
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Extended Sep 30, 2015, 18:18 Ventura

I've played a bit of Terrorist Hunt, and it's pretty good, but they're taking the piss charging $60US for this when compared to titles like Black Ops 3, which is just going to be packed full of features.  

670 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo