Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Announced
15. Re: DOOM Eternal Announced Jun 12, 2018, 03:04 Ventura

Full coopable campaign please.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. May 30, 2018, 08:18 Ventura

Most of you guys have been gamers for a good long time, right? My first post here on Bluesnews was back in 2003 and I know I've seen a lot of you around all these years.

I'll be the first to say Active Shooter is in poor taste (and as such, do understand why it got removed), but as gamers, do any of you seriously believe playing a game where you shoot kids could possibly translate to you even entertaining the notion of actually doing it in the real world?

No, of course not. You've gotta have it in you.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. May 26, 2018, 04:19 Ventura

Jagacademy wrote on May 25, 2018, 10:12:
Anybody who buys that is going to be under government surveillance.

As opposed to the owning of real weapons.

You remind me of this routine from George Carlin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ssYezFw_Qs

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 06:53 Ventura

RIP TB.

His comments regarding things like FOV and FPS in games prove he knew was he was talking about.

You will be missed mate.

News Comments > Dauntless Open Beta
11. Re: Dauntless Open Beta May 24, 2018, 20:37 Ventura

Darks wrote on May 24, 2018, 19:39:
Oh man, TotalBiscuit passed away today So saddened!!

Blues, you should post something.

Shit, news to me. RIP TB.

News Comments > Thanos Invades Fortnite
5. Re: Thanos Invades Fortnite May 8, 2018, 19:12 Ventura

Why they didn't have a computer game ready to go on that movie's release I'll never know. They'd have probably made another billion.

Fortnite? I don't want to play fucking Fortnite. Sigh. If only Marvel Heroes was still up and running.

News Comments > Champions Online Celebrates Milestone
5. Re: Champions Online Celebrates Milestone Apr 24, 2018, 03:27 Ventura

Slashman wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 23:33:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 22:50:
Yeah, CoH was tons better. Still amazes me how few (good) superhero games there are/have ever been for video games. I'd love to see a new CoH.

I'd be all-in for that!

Me too (of course) but then, eve of Infinity War and all that, hell I'd be up for damn near anything.

News Comments > Champions Online Celebrates Milestone
2. Re: Champions Online Celebrates Milestone Apr 23, 2018, 22:28 Ventura

It's probably just nostalgia talking but right now, if I could choose, I'd rather play City of Heroes. Not that I didn't try going back to Champions just recently, but it was all a little... meh.

I liked it enough all those years ago, but for me, it's not aged particularly well.

News Comments > NBA Playgrounds 2 Announced
1. Re: NBA Playgrounds 2 Announced Apr 17, 2018, 19:48 Ventura

Hated the first one, and that's coming from someone who absolutely loved Jam and Hangtime back in the day. They keep trying to reinvent the damn wheel all the time.

Be nice if they could get Jordan (and Barkley) too. Finally.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
46. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 05:23 Ventura

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 03:10:
personal protection

Expecting a crowd, are we?

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 03:10:
An assault rifle is fully automatic a machine gun.

Actually, semi-automatic firearms with detachable magazines also meet that 'assault' criteria.

Sorry.

Jim Jefferies has it right. The only honest argument for having guns is "fuck off, I like guns".

Don't want to be honest? That's fine. Maybe just exit stage left, then, and let the adults talk.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2018, 05:34.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2017, 08:46 Ventura

Asmodai wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 06:27:
maintaining the narrative that it's the gun that is the problem, and not thinking about why the person pulls the trigger?

Oh, I'm well aware that, if everyone behaved, guns aplenty wouldn't be a problem.

I'm just pretty sure a species like humanity couldn't ever be capable of the 'everyone behaving' side of that equation. After all, if it were, what need would there even be for them?

Asmodai wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 06:53:
Take away the gun, someone will use a truck, or a knife, or fire. You'll never fix all the problems, people will still go nuts. But if you focus on taking away the reasons for them to snap..?

Could you (take away the reasons for them to snap)? Could we?

Let's say I'm the victim of a home invasion late tonight. And it's certainly possible because, let's be honest, we're an aggressive, impulsive ape that just thinks it's very smart because we invented cars and the helicopter. Now, it'll probably suck either way, but if they've shown up with anything but a gun, I might just consider the chance of my wife and I making it out alive that much greater.

Linking massacres in Australia does little to dissuade the notion that humans and weapons that can kill very easily don't mix.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2017, 19:53 Ventura

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 19:43:
It happened in Australia, it can happen here.

I'd like to believe that was true but I've lived in Australia for almost 30 years of my 43 years of existence and I've never met anyone who (inanely) equated freedom with the right to bear arms.

Many, many more will die.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2017, 19:26 Ventura

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 17:50:
Granted, but there are (by last rough census) 350 million firearms in circulation in the US. If we stop selling guns tomorrow, bad guys will be able to buy whatever they want off that same Tom, Dick and Harry for the next 150 years.

Yeah, you've quite the sticky situation over there as a consequence, and unfortunately, it's political suicide for anyone who tries to take it on.

I don't envy you that one.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2017, 17:28 Ventura

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2017, 15:43:
There's literally no way to prevent this.

Thought occurs not selling automatic firearms to every Tom, Dick and Harry that wants to buy one might be a pretty fucking good place to start.

News Comments > DiRT 4 Released
7. Re: DiRT 4 Released Jun 10, 2017, 05:03 Ventura

Rigs wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 00:02:
a big 4 outta 5, 8 outta 10 with a 'Bad-Ass' seal of approval, AWESOMETACULAR! recommendation... (cookie goes to the names of each reviewer whom I just stole those from!)

I see a little Angry Joe mixed in with some Jeremy Jahns for good measure. 2 out of 3?

News Comments > Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs
8. Re: Truck Simulators Getting Bigger Rigs May 8, 2017, 17:49 Ventura

Fuck that, backing in a single takes me enough time now as it is. But a double?

I like getting the extra experience from actually parking the trailer, but ten minutes with a double and I can see me choosing the auto-park option.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 This Year
40. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 9, 2017, 18:25 Ventura

Slick wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 20:17:
I had a Rift DK2, and I got bored after 2 weeks, my Vive I just keep coming back to, some games are a great workout too.

Each to their own, but it's almost freaky how my experience contrasts so significantly to this one.

I spent hours with my DK2 on my head playing the likes of ETS2, Assetto Corsa and Elite Dangerous. Many, many hours. I couldn't get enough of the damn thing.

Then I got a Vive, and after the initial euphoria wore off, I hardly touched the thing. It's been gathering dust ever since. I'd do a local trade for a Rift in comparable quality in a heartbeat, even without the Touch controllers.

Roomscale is great, except for the fact that... it's not. Every other experience is a wave shooter, it's like people don't know what to do with the damn thing. Don't get me wrong, the hardware is very compelling, but either it doesn't translate well to game experiences or developers are having a hard time thinking up truly imaginative ways to use it.

The hours that Steam says I've played games says it all. Elite Dangerous tops the list at 346 hours, then ETS2 at 120 and Assetto Corsa at 72. But the Vive games? Most I've done is 3 hours playing The Lab (mainly because of Longbow). Everything else is at 2 hours or less.

Kinda sums it up for me really.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin
31. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Awards Voting Begin Dec 22, 2016, 18:40 Ventura

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 22, 2016, 18:10:
The things I'm getting:

Empyrion. I've known for a while I would be getting it, $10 sold.

Me too, just this morning before leaving for work. People who like it really rave about it.

I also picked up Subnautica for $10, too. I've been watching too much of Kage 848 of late playing that one, and I like what I see. Probably going to scare the bejeesus out of me.

Then there's Thumper for VR madness, if just because it's getting rave reviews (enough to end up on the front page when I sort VR games on Steam by user reviews).

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Content
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Content Dec 1, 2016, 04:12 Ventura

Can I just get a Rainbow Six Siege 2 with a full campaign please? And preferably coop'able... please?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released
1. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released Nov 4, 2016, 10:42 Ventura

Anyone got it (and MW Remastered)? If so, any good? Mainly interested in single player content, so the campaign and ability to play private matches with bots  

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo