Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SMC

Real Name SMC   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Ventura
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 15, 2003, 09:17
Total Comments 697 (Apprentice)
User ID 18065

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Games Store Launches
21. Re: Epic Games Store Launches Dec 8, 2018, 03:41 Ventura

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 23:58:
Same for me. Never dared to completely explore the game deep down below.
Cant wait for Below Zero.

Go on mate. There's never been a better time. Go build a base down in the active lava area, just so you can say you've done it.

Subnautica was my 2018 game of the year. There's nothing like that feeling you get when you know there's a reaper close.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Adds Australian Pricing
10. Re: Steam Adds Australian Pricing Nov 16, 2018, 19:58 Ventura

Sledge1 wrote on Nov 16, 2018, 18:55:
Still showing as USD to me...

Yeah, me too. Why is the post written as if it's been done already?

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Announced
20. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Announced Nov 3, 2018, 01:59 Ventura

Slick wrote on Nov 2, 2018, 21:49:
So which mod did you work on? Maybe I played it ^_^

It was called VQuest, an Everquest conversion. Even had its own website at one point, forums too (more like a ghost town). Went through a few iterations but boy did I have fun with that one. Because their world editor was so good, near everything could be done through their trigger interface without having to know how to code anything.

Damn, good ole days.

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Announced
12. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Announced Nov 2, 2018, 20:50 Ventura

Upgraded world editor, awesome. I put a lot of work into a mod back in the day, would love to be able to do that some more.  

News Comments > Rift 2 Cancelled?
19. Re: Rift 2 Cancelled? Oct 23, 2018, 19:50 Ventura

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 23, 2018, 11:45:
Wouldn't an ideal state be a standalone headset that can also be used wireless with a pc be a goal? For lite-weight stuff the standalone has that, for heavy app's have the pc render it and transmit to the standalone like a Rift works now but wireless. Best of both?

That does sound like a win-win but I just don't see them investing serious money into that kind of versatility.

17. Re: Rift 2 Cancelled? Oct 23, 2018, 05:45 Ventura

Vazz wrote on Oct 23, 2018, 05:18:
You think they are going to skip doing a pc headset and just release the Go 2?

Actually, yeah, now that you ask. PC VR doesn't have a chance at being profitable compared to mobile VR (as much as I hate to admit it), and money's the bottom line.

Oh but they've said they're still focused on PC VR? What, like they'd come out and admit it if they weren't?

13. Re: Rift 2 Cancelled? Oct 23, 2018, 03:22 Ventura

Vazz wrote on Oct 22, 2018, 21:45:
releasing the Oculus Quest(their new standalone headset) next year. After that, we'll start hearing about the next thing they have for pc vr users.

Exactly how do you know that? Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to be true, it's just going to take more than that.

I've owned everything from two DK2's to a Vive and a CV1, and am planning on buying a Vive Pro headset for Christmas if funds allow. So yeah, I love VR. I know it's expensive, but I prioritise this stuff (escapism is big for me). I don't make a lot of money but I don't go on holidays and I don't have kids. This is what I do.

The CV1 is every bit as good as the Vive, and to that end I'm gutted Oculus seem to be going the mobile route. Not that I can't understand it, but I wouldn't be surprised if we never do end up seeing a Rift 2 for PC

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 19, 2018, 19:37 Ventura

Deep Rock Galactic is a great game.

If 1-4 person co-op sounds like your cup of tea, you could do a lot worse than to check it out.

News Comments > NBA Playgrounds 2 Delayed; Becomes NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
1. Re: NBA Playgrounds 2 Delayed; Becomes NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Jul 25, 2018, 08:16 Ventura

I don't care what it takes.

Get... Michael... Jordan...

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Announced
15. Re: DOOM Eternal Announced Jun 12, 2018, 03:04 Ventura

Full coopable campaign please.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. May 30, 2018, 08:18 Ventura

Most of you guys have been gamers for a good long time, right? My first post here on Bluesnews was back in 2003 and I know I've seen a lot of you around all these years.

I'll be the first to say Active Shooter is in poor taste (and as such, do understand why it got removed), but as gamers, do any of you seriously believe playing a game where you shoot kids could possibly translate to you even entertaining the notion of actually doing it in the real world?

No, of course not. You've gotta have it in you.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. May 26, 2018, 04:19 Ventura

Jagacademy wrote on May 25, 2018, 10:12:
Anybody who buys that is going to be under government surveillance.

As opposed to the owning of real weapons.

You remind me of this routine from George Carlin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ssYezFw_Qs

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 06:53 Ventura

RIP TB.

His comments regarding things like FOV and FPS in games prove he knew was he was talking about.

You will be missed mate.

News Comments > Dauntless Open Beta
11. Re: Dauntless Open Beta May 24, 2018, 20:37 Ventura

Darks wrote on May 24, 2018, 19:39:
Oh man, TotalBiscuit passed away today So saddened!!

Blues, you should post something.

Shit, news to me. RIP TB.

News Comments > Thanos Invades Fortnite
5. Re: Thanos Invades Fortnite May 8, 2018, 19:12 Ventura

Why they didn't have a computer game ready to go on that movie's release I'll never know. They'd have probably made another billion.

Fortnite? I don't want to play fucking Fortnite. Sigh. If only Marvel Heroes was still up and running.

News Comments > Champions Online Celebrates Milestone
5. Re: Champions Online Celebrates Milestone Apr 24, 2018, 03:27 Ventura

Slashman wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 23:33:
Cutter wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 22:50:
Yeah, CoH was tons better. Still amazes me how few (good) superhero games there are/have ever been for video games. I'd love to see a new CoH.

I'd be all-in for that!

Me too (of course) but then, eve of Infinity War and all that, hell I'd be up for damn near anything.

News Comments > Champions Online Celebrates Milestone
2. Re: Champions Online Celebrates Milestone Apr 23, 2018, 22:28 Ventura

It's probably just nostalgia talking but right now, if I could choose, I'd rather play City of Heroes. Not that I didn't try going back to Champions just recently, but it was all a little... meh.

I liked it enough all those years ago, but for me, it's not aged particularly well.

News Comments > NBA Playgrounds 2 Announced
1. Re: NBA Playgrounds 2 Announced Apr 17, 2018, 19:48 Ventura

Hated the first one, and that's coming from someone who absolutely loved Jam and Hangtime back in the day. They keep trying to reinvent the damn wheel all the time.

Be nice if they could get Jordan (and Barkley) too. Finally.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
46. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 05:23 Ventura

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 03:10:
personal protection

Expecting a crowd, are we?

DangerDog wrote on Feb 23, 2018, 03:10:
An assault rifle is fully automatic a machine gun.

Actually, semi-automatic firearms with detachable magazines also meet that 'assault' criteria.

Sorry.

Jim Jefferies has it right. The only honest argument for having guns is "fuck off, I like guns".

Don't want to be honest? That's fine. Maybe just exit stage left, then, and let the adults talk.

This comment was edited on Feb 23, 2018, 05:34.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2017, 08:46 Ventura

Asmodai wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 06:27:
maintaining the narrative that it's the gun that is the problem, and not thinking about why the person pulls the trigger?

Oh, I'm well aware that, if everyone behaved, guns aplenty wouldn't be a problem.

I'm just pretty sure a species like humanity couldn't ever be capable of the 'everyone behaving' side of that equation. After all, if it were, what need would there even be for them?

Asmodai wrote on Oct 3, 2017, 06:53:
Take away the gun, someone will use a truck, or a knife, or fire. You'll never fix all the problems, people will still go nuts. But if you focus on taking away the reasons for them to snap..?

Could you (take away the reasons for them to snap)? Could we?

Let's say I'm the victim of a home invasion late tonight. And it's certainly possible because, let's be honest, we're an aggressive, impulsive ape that just thinks it's very smart because we invented cars and the helicopter. Now, it'll probably suck either way, but if they've shown up with anything but a gun, I might just consider the chance of my wife and I making it out alive that much greater.

Linking massacres in Australia does little to dissuade the notion that humans and weapons that can kill very easily don't mix.

697 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo