Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Led Head

Real Name Led Head   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ledhead1969
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 14, 2003, 16:16
Total Comments 416 (Amateur)
User ID 18056

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
50. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Sep 1, 2013, 05:24 ledhead1969

While you can technically earn the same stuff that people by the system is set up as to discourage people from grinding and encourage them to buy stuff instead. That's why it's considered P2W. Spend a few hundred bucks to have an immediate advantage over players who will have grind for several years real time to level the playing field is P2W anyway you slice it.

^^^^^

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Credit Sales
13. Re: Star Citizen Credit Sales Aug 31, 2013, 16:51 ledhead1969

This game is going to be delayed 18 months. (bookmarks this page for ITYS)  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Level Caps Explained
4. Re: Borderlands 2 Level Caps Explained Aug 30, 2013, 11:24 ledhead1969

The problem with this game is the group loot function. You can't play in a pub because the first person to grab an item can keep it. They really need to make the loot per-person. It would make the game much more group/pub friendly.

I read an article on why they have it like it is but it was just BS. They just need to code BL3 with individual loot or need/greed rolling or something. Fighting for a few hours and something nice drops and it gets ninja'd is no fun. It is not worth it.

Yes, I guess I could play with friends exclusively or blah blah blah but the point of the game is co-op and if the enjoyment can only happen with 3 other people that you totally trust that is a broken system.

Game is fantastic outside of that one issue.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 25, 2013, 03:10 ledhead1969

This is a payoff to textbook companies to kill the used textbook market. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 11:26 ledhead1969

re: minimum wage

Anyone with basic economic knowledge (which, I gather, Cross has none of since he is just a comedian) would see that raising the minimum wage actually hurts the groups it is supposed to help. How about this: every time you buy something from a minimum wage employee, tip them 20% (that is about the amount people want to raise their salary). that way, I can get my goods at a cheaper price and libs can feel good about themselves. Of course, by tipping them 20% you make it easier for them to stay in their low wage job and not strive to better themselves, but, the world needs ditch diggers.

http://bit.ly/12AbvN4

http://on.wsj.com/16zf5a

http://bit.ly/WIQH6t

http://bit.ly/152hWc0

"Increasing the likelihood and duration of unemployment for low-wage workers, particularly during economic downturns;

Encouraging employers to cut worker training;

Increasing job turnover;

Discouraging part-time work and reducing school attendance;

Driving workers into uncovered jobs, thus reducing wages in those sectors;

Encouraging employers to cut back on fringe benefits (thatís the substitution of capital for labor)

Encouraging employers to install labor saving devices;

Increasing inflationary pressure;

Increasing teenage crime rates as a result of higher unemployment; and

Encouraging employers to hire illegals"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 12, 2013, 11:56 ledhead1969

"How Xbox One's DVR will revolutionize user-generated content."

But they can't (or won't) DVR TV. I thought that TV interface was really slick and would definitely use that...but if no DVR it loses much of its appeal. I think there is some sort of pass-through thing going on (cable to cable box to X1 or cable to x1)? Either way, dvring on one box and doing the X1 TV stuff separately is a pain.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer
25. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 22:54 ledhead1969

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:21:
Dumbed down game and shitty UI so once more PC players have to suffer because of consoles. You'd think the failure that was DCUO would have warned them why this is a bad idea. Anyway, my interest in the game has now just evaporated.

You are right. This is a major bummer and just killed a lot of my interest. If this can be played on a controller that means this game will, most likely, be of the Neverwinter sort when it comes to complexity. That is not necessarily bad as I like Neverwinter, but I was hoping for a more complex UI and skill access control scheme. Yes, WoW style, in terms of macros and such. I'm a big fan of Rift so was hoping this would be like that in terms of combat. Not a fan of GW2 combat. To each his own. Maybe it will work out.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2013, 15:17 ledhead1969

Group
Unweighted
sample size Plus or minus Ö
Total sample 1,004 3.7 percentage points
Republicans 224 7.9 percentage points
Democrats 337 6.4 percentage points
Independents 352 6.3 percentage points
Data from FridaySunday interviews only 743 4.3 percentage points
Republicans 165 9.2 percentage points
Democrats 238 7.6 percentage points
Independents 273 7.1 percentage points

And that mirrors the national breakdown? LOL

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
13. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 8, 2013, 02:05 ledhead1969

jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 21:05:
Overall I think Obama has been one of the better presidents our country has had over the past 100 years, especially given the unprecedented Republican intransigence and economic morass he has had to deal with. That being said, this program is illegal, and he's wrong about balancing privacy and security.

Yea, things have been just great the past 4 years. The fool in the WH can't get his scandals straight, the economy is a fucking mess, we are a joke internationally, everyone is being spied on. Yea, just great. Tell that to the Boston bomb victims, or the people who still can't get a job 5 years after the recession, or the guys still fighting in Afghanistan, or the...whatever, give me a break.

Ohh, and as for you bitching about Obama...own your vote. When Obamacare fucks this country and the medical industry in 2 years I'm sure Obama will still be one of the best presidents over the last 100 years. You liberals must be fucking brain damaged.

News Comments > GRID 2 Cockpit Mode?
23. Re: GRID 2 Cockpit Mode? May 29, 2013, 15:18 ledhead1969

I'm playing Dirt3, Grid2 and Ridge Racer Unbounded right now and all three are fun for what they are. I just think of them as one game with three different modes. It is quite striking going from one to the other and seeing how the cars handle and their 'weight'. I don't get into super tweaking my car or sim-ish car games so all three are just fun to play (and all three look fantastic). Cockpit view is unnatural for some reason when playing a video game, I like to be zoomed out in noob mode.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2013, 12:37 ledhead1969

Enough with the hysteria, Blue. All you post is one side.

http://onforb.es/12Giu83

Solved: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/nl3012853

"Water is the most abundant substance on the planet. If anyone canít get it, its likely because:

The enviros are constricting supply;
Bad/corrupt government is constricting supply; and/or
Poverty is constructing supply/.
All of these bottlenecks are readily fixed by wealth-generating individual liberty and limited government."

"Farms in California cannot be irrigated because a federal judge decrees that a relatively unknown fish may be harmed.
Donít worry, the judge and the enviros wonít be blamed as food prices rise and people starve. Its global warmingís fault."

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation May 24, 2013, 00:50 ledhead1969

LOL @ theChive: http://bit.ly/122Vu8i

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: PS4 is more powerful, 50% more RAW powerful GPU compared to Xbox ONE May 22, 2013, 11:36 ledhead1969

Fantaz wrote on May 22, 2013, 11:09:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one

"... PlayStation 4's 18 CU graphics core has 50 per cent more raw power than the GPU in the new Microsoft console"

"... Sony has used the die-space for additional compute units and ROPs (32 vs. 16 in One)"

now lets see if "augmented computing" on Xbox One will change that.

^^ If I'm going to buy a new console (for exclusives since I have a ton of PC games to play) I would go for the PS4. I'm not sure why I would want a Xbox Won. That TV voice thing was nice but do I need to spend $50/year for that service? My cable and internet bill is already outrageous. I don't know. the games they shows looked like garbage in terms of graphics. Hopefully E3 will change all of that but I doubt it. They will look lke 3 year old PC graphics.

As for the NFL thing...I just see that at an indication that the exclusive license for EA will be re-upped...leading to another decade of horrible Madden games. I really don't understand how all of the players limit their earnings potential by giving up all of their own exclusive games potential. Manning 2013 (not Eli), Griffin 2013, The dude from SF 2013, Super star RB 2013 etc. No, we get a 20 year old franchise that has sucked since 1995.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 21, 2013, 23:24 ledhead1969

...and probably P2E so it will cost 3X as much as it should to really enjoy it.  

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
3. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 14:52 ledhead1969

Games looked like crap (compared to my year old laptop) but the whole TV/switching thing was nice and I'd definitely like that.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2013, 02:48 ledhead1969

Global carbon dioxide in atmosphere passes milestone level...

No.

http://lat.ms/18FYIhT

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 13, 2013, 20:46 ledhead1969

Will people making 250k a year and over be the only ones that have to pay that tax?  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost
8. Re: Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost May 8, 2013, 22:27 ledhead1969

I've never even heard of Skylanders.  

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
10. removed May 7, 2013, 22:24 ledhead1969

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 8, 2013, 06:51.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 24, 2013, 11:40 ledhead1969

"Apple aren't going to release a larger iPhone until display 'tradeoffs' disappear"

or, until the sheep get a fucking clue.

416 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo