Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Led Head

Real Name Led Head   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ledhead1969
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 14, 2003, 16:16
Total Comments 358 (Amateur)
User ID 18056

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
10. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 3, 2012, 12:32 ledhead1969

CrabbyGnome wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 12:27:
I don't see $50 + $15 a month working anymore for an MMO unless your WoW.

or Rift.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sony to Acquire Gaikai
9. Re: Sony to Acquire Gaikai Jul 2, 2012, 11:03 ledhead1969

The bandwidth just isn't there yet for any type of game that requires twitch/split second timing. For casual games this is great, or even turn-based but anything else and it is not worth it...yet. The only other gripe I havew with Onlive is that the graphics take a big hit. That is necessary to even attempt to overcome the first issue but it's just not worth it. For the console crowd (which I am apart of) the graphics hit isn't as noticeable. But, for the PC crowd (which I am apart of) the downgrade is significant and noticeable. For demo's the tech rocks, though. I think this type of service is still at least 5 years away from being optimized to anything beyond casual/turn-based.

Instead of Sony/MS going after this tech I would really like them to put out a console where I can D/L all the games instead of having to buy hard copies, plus make whatever machine I am doing that on upgradeable...so...I want them to make the 720/ps4 basically a pc.

News Comments > Quoteworthy
27. Re: Quoteworthy Jun 22, 2012, 02:25 ledhead1969

http://bit.ly/LBHQ2N  

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
15. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 14, 2012, 21:58 ledhead1969

Viper114 wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 21:47:
Yeah, I figured this would happen. Frankly, it seems the only MMO that can last with a subscription model is WoW, and no other MMO really has the ability to copy that no matter how hard they try.

Now if only they could realize this with the Warhammer MMO and just make it completely free to play...

Rift is going stronger than ever. There is a way to compete...just do it better than WoW.

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
28. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 13:41 ledhead1969

Pigeon wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 13:30:
They put way too much emphasis on the AH, and now the problems associated with such a system are starting to effect the game.

You would think with a good working AH system in one of their other games they would have gotten this one right. In WoW most of the best gear is obtained through running the end game content. The AH is good for getting geared just enough to run the end game content, but it isn't anywhere near necessary.

Also I have to say really not enjoying the gameplay in the harder difficulties. As a ranged having to kite most of the rare/elite mobs isn't a challenge its boring. I was hoping with the flexibility of the skill system you could change up your skills to deal with different kinds of elite/rares, but nope, kite kite kite

As opposed to standing there and hitting your abilities? How is that any less boring (for you)? I'm in Act 3 Hell as a Wizard and having no problems save an initial death against multi blue/yellow fights. Kiting and getting the timing down is quite fun (still) for me. I guess Inferno will change all of that, though. But for now, Hell is fun, just go all-dps

News Comments > Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play
55. Re: Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play Jun 9, 2012, 14:31 ledhead1969

BOTA:99 wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 23:29:
You can end up paying far more under the laughable "free to play" model. Why do you think they are all moving in this direction.

^^

Nothing is free. These games should be called POT. Pay Over Time.

Crytek is going the Pay Over Time route.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 2, 2012, 15:32 ledhead1969

Continuation of Bush policy. Same as renditions, targeted killings, etc. At least the loser in the WH didn't screw that up.  

News Comments > Rift Expands This Autumn
2. Re: Rift Expands This Autumn Jun 1, 2012, 10:39 ledhead1969

Had to quit, game was like crack. Haters gonna hate but Rift is the best MMO out right now.  

News Comments > Binary Domain Demo
13. Re: Binary Domain Demo May 12, 2012, 20:15 ledhead1969

Sir Graves wrote on May 12, 2012, 15:36:
RaZ0r! wrote on May 12, 2012, 13:01:
Lost me at 'third person shooter'. I hate those. A shooter should be first person in my opinion. Third person is for RPGs and console games, not shooters.

I feel the exact same way. I always stop reading when I see "third person shooter". Other genres are fine that way, but not a shooter.

I never really understood this. The controls, aiming, shooting are exactly the same as a FPS but you get to see your character and any any cool armor/weapons/effects ect. Do you not like part of your screen being blocked? Do you like the smaller FOV? Or, just miss the sort of immersion aspect of full FPS.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 27, 2012, 16:15 ledhead1969

PHJF wrote on Apr 27, 2012, 14:10:
Passing on the Vita because I'm not a ten-year-old boy anymore who needs portable video games to keep himself occupied while his parents drag him to shopping malls and family reunions.

Huh? LOL! you moved on from being a 10 year old being dragged around by your parents to a 20-something hibernating in your parents basement playing WoW.

BOT. Vita is a fantastic device. The controls alone make it so I can't ever play another tablet or phone game. The problem is THERE ARE NO NEW GAMES.

News Comments > More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions
9. Re: More on Guild Wars 2 Microtransactions Mar 22, 2012, 14:05 ledhead1969

The latest Dev videos and reviews of progress were a reality check on this game.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Tease
35. Re: Baldur's Gate Tease Feb 29, 2012, 11:16 ledhead1969

It's going to be a FPS.  

News Comments > BioWare on MMO Mass Effect Possibilities
14. Re: BioWare on MMO Mass Effect Possibilities Feb 27, 2012, 18:50 ledhead1969

If it is anything like ToR they will release it in 5 years utilizing the ME2 engine.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed
13. Re: Medal of Honor: Warfighter Revealed Feb 24, 2012, 02:09 ledhead1969

Hey burnout, thanks for the preaching. It's a fucking game.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 8, 2012, 11:01 ledhead1969

Xbox Live's Major Nelson A Letter from Alex Garden: Your Security.

That is a fucking joke. My account was hacked and it's been a month and MS hasn't fixed it.

News Comments > RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans
15. Re: RIFT Patch and RIFT Lite Plans Feb 2, 2012, 00:37 ledhead1969

Stop trolling. He hit your BS post out of the park, just accept it.  

News Comments > RIFT Mobile App
1. Re: RIFT Mobile App Jan 5, 2012, 12:11 ledhead1969

Android version?  

News Comments > BioWare VGA Announcement Teaser
24. Re: BioWare VGA Announcement Teaser Nov 23, 2011, 20:08 ledhead1969

I enjoyed it, too.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 5, 2011, 14:34 ledhead1969

Apple Gives Its Key Execs $400 Million in Bonuses

Occupy Apple? Ohh wait, dirtbags need cell phones, too.

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
4. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 15, 2011, 15:01 ledhead1969

Game is fun, and I got a new system specifically for this (and BF3/Skyrim) but the blurry textures is a real head-scratcher. The game looks beautiful, and has the best draw distance and clarity of any game I've ever played (I am a big fan of that as it makes everything much more believable)...but up close the textures are terrible, even with the new option checked. I guess it will be patched as above but how did this stuff not get out during testing or the beta or whatever. Maybe it was all known and no one cared enough to make a big deal about it.  

358 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo