Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Led Head

Real Name Led Head   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ledhead1969
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 14, 2003, 16:16
Total Comments 406 (Amateur)
User ID 18056

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - South Park: The Fractured But Whole
6. Re: Gone Gold - South Park: The Fractured But Whole Sep 23, 2017, 04:02 ledhead1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqfMrzEbIW8  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 21, 2017, 17:33 ledhead1969

I love these neck-beard rage threads.

https://www.thoughtco.com/barack-obama-quotes-and-gaffes-2733986

Real genius there. See, two can play this game. But lets pick on Melania. Because Michelle's shit school lunch program was such a success. I remember Blues thread after Blues thread and comment after comment on how much of a joke it was and how kids hated it err wait... :/

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2017, 12:37 ledhead1969

"contradictions" LMFAO The fraud was so great on the data they had to adjust it to reality.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2017, 12:51 ledhead1969

"A ‘Frightening’ Myth About Sex Offenders"

Even 1% is too high so not sure what the point of the article is (full disclosure I only watch half of it). Are they saying the harsh laws enacted shouldn't be so harsh because the actual rate is half of 80%? a tenth?

This is all well and good from a third-party perspective (good for thee, not for me) so let me put it this way:

If your 6 year old child was raped by an adult how would you feel about their rights post sentencing? Let's set aside all of the virtue signaling on Blues and get right down to it...who would be good with their child's rapist getting a nice cushy job in an elementary school after they get out of prison?

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
42. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 30, 2017, 00:34 ledhead1969

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 18:03:
Yeah, just ran through it and did the drop in co-op map too and was totes unimpressed with it all. The visuals are nice, as to be expected, but the sauce was weak with everything else. No maps - overhead and mini, no journal, shitty console UI is a real PITA where you can't even compare items side by each, nothing to intereact with or do on the map except get slightly confused as to where you're going and why, so you just run from start to finish with all the predictable enemy drops.

This is it? This is the much-hyped Destiny? Fuck, console players are easily impressed aren't they? This is just some bullshit hamster-wheel grind-fest. Yeah, I'll probably get around to giving it a playthrough in a couple of years when it's $5 or less. I could easily skip it entirely and likely will by that point.

'totes'

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 16, 2017, 21:04 ledhead1969

I'm glad you all disagree with net neutrality.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed
21. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Next Month; Specs Revealed Jul 28, 2017, 19:48 ledhead1969

Having to only support 4v4 PvP and 6 for raids (if they stay with D1 'raid' size), plus not having tons of enemies at any one time might contribute to the middling specs.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2017, 16:42 ledhead1969

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 15:51:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 15:21:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 12:50:
What's really crazy, looking at that Guardian page, is how many of the gunshot fatalities are to old women, 50+ years old. Cops are seriously that cowardly?

No, they aren't all black criminals, random Trump supporter who will undoubtedly comment on this.
A total of 62 females out of 1093. There is no reason for LEO's to be any more careful around women, they have just as much access to firearms as men. imho the number seems low.
And of the 18 women in the 45+ age group, 7 of those died by being struck by vehicle. tldr Focusing on this one group is not the battle you are looking for.

As for race, there are a disproportionate number of "other than white" deaths that even a tRUMP supporter could see, one would hope.

I wouldn't call it a battle, and to be honest I didn't even take the time to analyze the data like you clearly did, to get some actual numbers. I did a quick scroll through the pictures shown, definitely not a scientific method. Yes, the racial disparity is shown in several formats by that page, on the other hand.

Regardless of race, 1000+ deaths a year(actually reported deaths, the real numbers are !?) directly attributed to police, is insane.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/

Wealth of data there to analyze. Not sure how to download the CSV and open it in Excel. Comes across as XML for me.

(edit) http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/07/17/mpd-officer-shot-woman-identified/

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2017, 17:55.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2017, 15:25 ledhead1969

"Shadows - Eerie photos of abandoned malls"

A paintball business should use that place as a map. Run different game modes. Have everyone sign-off that if they get impaled on something they can't sue etc.

Heck go full DM and place X amount of people in random 'spawn' points, maybe even go PUBG and have the play area shrink ever X minutes. Some SW dev would need to happen, sensors etc. I don't know, that place would be crazy as a paint ball play ground.

I used to train through the old areas of Philly back in the day and all the old abandoned factories looked like great paintball map areas. Make it more like CSGO.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 11, 2017, 20:36 ledhead1969

Creston wrote on Jul 11, 2017, 19:30:
Well, start paying Ajit Pai some money, Microsoft. Oh, and by some money I of course mean lots of money, because AT&T, Verizon, Comcast and Charter combined probably line that asshole's pockets to the tune of millions of dollars.

Are you @wokecrumbum ?

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/ajit-pai-fcc-net-neutrality-1202427723/

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 19:05 ledhead1969

LiTh wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 17:16:
ledhead1969 wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 15:50:
LiTh wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:39:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:03:
They should double its price to take advantage of the games popularity.

I wonder if they did do that, would their sales drop in half? Or would they have as much momentum behind them if they had a larger price from the beginning?

Fairly certain they have undertaken significant price analysis research. Not sure if price/sales would be linear, especially given popularity/quality etc. That is where surveys would help them.

How much do you think that costs? Do you think that would be even viable for a brand new dev/company (dev has experience, but this is his first venture on his own so to speak).

It's not super expensive. Well, it can be if you go nuts with it (which is what someone like Apple or Samsung might do for their new product rollouts) but for his game it wouldn't be too complex or timely. It can be automated, too, just need the data points and what you want your confidence levels to be.

The game has been #1 for several weeks now and sales are now turning into the 'get on the bus' type of sale (see some of the comments above). The game is currently $30 on steam.

Let's do some of the work for him.

To those that have it, is it worth $30 right now?

If you bought it at $30, know what type of experience/fun you will have...would you pay $40 for it? I'm not talking will it be worth $40 in 6 months, but is it worth $40 right now?

How about 49.99? Would you pay $20 more for the game given everything you experienced buying it at $30?

Those kind of questions and the data will give them an idea of what they should charge and when. Might be that the vast majority of people think the game is worth $30 right now and will be worth more in the future.

But, as of right now if everyone thinks $30 is 'fair' then going above that might lead to severe comment-board backlash, a highlighting of the games flaws, leading to much lower sales at $40 than $30.

I'm sure this guy has financial/sales help at this point. He better.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 7, 2017, 15:50 ledhead1969

LiTh wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:39:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2017, 11:03:
They should double its price to take advantage of the games popularity.

I wonder if they did do that, would their sales drop in half? Or would they have as much momentum behind them if they had a larger price from the beginning?

Fairly certain they have undertaken significant price analysis research. Not sure if price/sales would be linear, especially given popularity/quality etc. That is where surveys would help them.

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
14. Re: Independence Day Legal Briefs Jul 4, 2017, 15:10 ledhead1969

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 14:52:
ledhead1969 wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 14:44:
There is only one reason why the Dems don't want to give up the data...it doesn't support their position.
Uh, what? The GOP controls most of the state legislatures, right? The GOP vice chair of the commission, who is the Kansas Secretary of State, is among those saying he won't give up all the information requested. Of course he then claimed the commission wasn't requesting the information he couldn't, by law, provide. Too bad they had already sent out the letters saying otherwise.

My bad, maybe I should read the article first.

Although, good to see everyone acknowledges the utter decimation of the Democratic party at all levels since 2008. Keep it up. Seriously, let's see how many more Governorship's you can lose, or state houses. And you lose those with dead people voting and illegals. So sad. Pathetic, really. As I said, keep it up, you are all doing great.

Also 0-4 this year so far. But I guess 'moral victory' applies in each case. LMFAO

News Comments > Independence Day Legal Briefs
10. removed Jul 4, 2017, 14:44 ledhead1969

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 5, 2017, 08:15.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt?
23. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt? Jul 1, 2017, 16:46 ledhead1969

Fion wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 12:19:
It's unfortunately because as bad as some elements of the game are (animations, obviously), the gameplay is actually pretty solid

Like most all open world games, including Witcher series, it's a great 20 hour game filled with another 100+ hours of useless shit.

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 This Year
20. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 27, 2017, 17:00 ledhead1969

Hopefully I can put on full riot gear and cave in Antifa skulls. Bonus points for giving them a wedgie.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 23, 2017, 01:07 ledhead1969

NKD wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 21:58:
Didn't you hear guys? Russia is totally innocent, no need to even investigate!

It was in the Ukraine. Who else would have done it ya nub? Read the article next time before being a sheep.

(edit)"Since 2014, punishing cyberattacks have hit Ukrainian media, transportation, and government agencies. The campaign has destroyed hundreds of computers, deleted data, and paralyzed organizations' basic functions. The December 2015 and December 2016 represent the most ambitious of those efforts, though, and the most ominous."

Hmm, who was the US president during that time and did nothing? One will never know.

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
34. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 21:25 ledhead1969

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 21:23:
ledhead1969 wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 20:22:
The PC vids clearly show recoil. The guy misspoke. Blues message boards are cancer.
Spoken like Stage 4 ass cancee.(sic)

Thanks for proving my point. Keep stepping on the rake I'm putting in front of you.

<edit> Democrat hell-hole Chicago stat update:

June to Date
Shot & Killed: 55
Shot & Wounded: 217
Total Shot: 272
Total Homicides: 61

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
31. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 20:22 ledhead1969

The PC vids clearly show recoil. The guy misspoke. Blues message boards are cancer.  

406 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo