User information for Minneyar

Real Name
Minneyar
Nickname
None given.
Email
Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Software engineer who does geolocation, watches anime, reads sci-fi/fantasy, and plays lots of RPGs.
Signed On
August 13, 2003
Supporter
-
Total Posts
13 (Suspect)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: World of Warcraft Authenticator Campaign, Poll, Wallpaper
Jan 28, 2011, 22:49
Re: World of Warcraft Authenticator Campaign, Poll, Wallpaper Jan 28, 2011, 22:49
Jan 28, 2011, 22:49

The problem with putting them in their boxed games is that you only need one. After you have one, you'll use the same device to log in to Battle.net or any of their games. If they put them in their retail boxes, you'd end up with multiple authenticators that you didn't need.

And seriously -- the mobile authenticator is free, and the physical device is only $6.50 (with free shipping!). It's more than worth it if you even play WoW casually.

Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG
Dec 16, 2010, 22:50
Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 16, 2010, 22:50
Dec 16, 2010, 22:50

ASJD wrote on Dec 16, 2010, 22:30:
StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 16, 2010, 21:28:
I actually just now, yesterday, for the first time, started playing WoW. It sucks as a game, I hate it, but I keep playing it.

I don't think that's normal. Seriously. Those freaks that play WoW usually get some little glimmer of enjoyment.

Those that are smarter and have played a lot of games and don't enjoy WoW won't ever become addicted.

I've played thousands of games and own every system ever produced. I just started playing WoW yesterday and it's easily the best game I've ever played.

(see, I can do this, too!)

Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch & Perks
Nov 29, 2010, 19:16
Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch & Perks Nov 29, 2010, 19:16
Nov 29, 2010, 19:16

Haha damn, that's like the epitome of Square's problems right there. They do not get what players want at all.

Sometimes it feels like Square Enix is afraid of making players happy. Any time they do anything that would actually make FFXI or FFXIV more fun, they temper it with some caveat that ruins it. Want a special item for linking your accounts together? Sure, but it can only be used for a few minutes a day. Want a way in-game to keep track of crafting recipes? Sure, but only eight of them.

To anybody who has experience with other big MMORPGs, it's no surprise why FFXIV is tanking.

Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Preorders
Jan 18, 2010, 23:10
Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Preorders Jan 18, 2010, 23:10
Jan 18, 2010, 23:10

Howin wrote on Jan 18, 2010, 21:43:
This will be delayed until 2011. To fall in competition with SW:TOR.

LOL, suggesting that WoW needs to compete with something else.

Re: New Assault Tech 1: BattleTech
Oct 29, 2009, 19:47
Re: New Assault Tech 1: BattleTech Oct 29, 2009, 19:47
Oct 29, 2009, 19:47

I'm sure the Mektek guys have put a lot of work into this and are really proud of it, but I just want a torrent file that contains an installer for MW4. I don't need a fancy Portal application that has all its own custom widgets and sound effects and embeds a web browser so that they can point it to thaeir web page to load a flash application in place of a real GUI. There are so many potential points of failure there that you just know something is going to break horribly on release day. And stats tracking, on top of that? I'm only ok with that if they show me exactly what stats they're collecting and let me choose whether I want to report them or not.

I don't really care if something takes hours to download, by the way. If they gave me a torrent file I could just drop it in uTorrent and let it run overnight.

Re: WoW Character Re-Customization
Dec 12, 2008, 08:50
Re: WoW Character Re-Customization Dec 12, 2008, 08:50
Dec 12, 2008, 08:50

1) The server system is their design and should be free to move your character if you are not having fun on a server. You get very little information when choosing and should not have to pay to move.

The problem with this is that if moving between servers is free, people will abuse it horribly. You have people who will act like totally jackasses and then move to another server to escape the blame and people who research the economies on different servers and move between them to exploit buying low and selling high. Servers with "celebrity" players on them will also become incredibly crowded as everybody moves their character over to play on the same server as that person, and then other servers will become barren. Making server transfers cost real money is the only way to stop this from happening.

2) Name change should also be free. If you pay a service fee to play a game and have limited time, you should not have to start a new character on a new server every time you need something changed.

Again, people will exploit this by acting like jackasses and then changing their name to escape all blame. Then you'll also have people changing their names all the time just to mess with other people. In WoW, a characters' name is their only uniquely identifying piece of information. In order to have a stable community, there has to be some sort of assurance that the level 80 guy named "Bob" that you saw yesterday is the same as the "Bob" you're seeing today.

3) Appearance change should be free and part of the realism. You should be able to change your hairstyle at least for free since it is realistic. If anything, there should be an in game barber that you pay with in game money for a makeover.

There ARE barbers in town that you can pay with game money for makeovers, so I'm guessing you quit before they were added.

I left because I could not get a free move for my two accounts since I was unhappy with the server. I will NEVER pay for customer support for a game that I pay monthly service fee for.

Dude, character moves aren't customer support. Customer support is answering questions like "Why isn't the game working?" or "Why can't I connect?" or "Why is there a glitch in this ability?" Asking for free server transfers is a game feature -- and one that will never be implemented, for that matter.

Re: Morning Consolidation
Dec 2, 2008, 18:44
Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 2, 2008, 18:44
Dec 2, 2008, 18:44

Ok, maybe that was a little bit of an exaggeration on his part.

But... Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii only) sold almost 8 million. Wii Fit sold almost 11 million. Mario Kart Wii sold about 10 million.

Well, maybe those aren't fair. The Wii is a smash hit, after all. Halo 2 & 3 both sold over 8 million, though. It'd be more fair to compare a game that's been released for multiple platforms that include the PC. I can't think of a good example in the recent past, but the Xbox 360 version of GTA4 sold about 6 million, the PS3 version sold about 5 million, and the PC version will be out soon, so it'll be interesting to see how well it does...

Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009?
Oct 23, 2008, 19:57
Re: StarCraft II Beta in 2009? Oct 23, 2008, 19:57
Oct 23, 2008, 19:57

Because by the time this game sees daylight, they will have graduated,, married and had kids.

You realize that pretty much everybody who was a fan of the original SC when it came out has already gotten a degree and a job in the real world by now, right? Heck, most of my coworkers have fond memories of Starcraft or Diablo II LAN parties when they were in college.

It's ok to play video games after you're not in high school any more. You don't have to stop being one of the cool kids.

Re: No subject
Jul 26, 2008, 16:54
Re: No subject Jul 26, 2008, 16:54
Jul 26, 2008, 16:54

You would have to be retarded to make that comparison. Lets see, 1,000 of which has a very short life to a limited item of something you don't own....or, chump change for a trinket.....riiiiight, just as dumb - if you are retarded.

For some people, $1000 is chump change. Hell, for anybody who actually has a decent job and owns their own house, that's probably just on the "somewhat expensive" side of what they're willing to pay for luxury items. I've known women who've spent more than that on jewelry and men who've spent more than that on accessories for their car.

For that matter, I'd probably get more enjoyment out of a WotLK beta than either of those, although I'm not going to spend my spare cash on it. (but I probably will spend much more than that on video games and computer hardware, over time)

Re: No subject
Jul 26, 2008, 12:14
Re: No subject Jul 26, 2008, 12:14
Jul 26, 2008, 12:14

ugh...geeks

Says the person critisizing them behind their backs on an internet message board on a web site dedicated to video game news?

Re: Que?
Jul 26, 2008, 00:12
Re: Que? Jul 26, 2008, 00:12
Jul 26, 2008, 00:12

If we ignore the shitty MMORPG, what was the last FF to actually come out on the PC? 8? And it sold like crap?

You know that the "shitty" MMORPG has over 500k subscribers, which puts it right behind WoW, RuneScape, and Lineage 1 & 2, right? You might not like it, but it hasn't survived as one of the top contenders for almost six years based on its name alone.

No subject
Jun 13, 2006, 20:47
No subject Jun 13, 2006, 20:47
Jun 13, 2006, 20:47

Indeed, this dungeon will have a cave, a fort, AND an ayleid ruin all connected together. It'll be unlike every dungeon you've ever seen before, and yet just like them all at the same time!

Re: AHHH AD!
Aug 13, 2003, 19:47
Re: AHHH AD! Aug 13, 2003, 19:47
Aug 13, 2003, 19:47

I just got the Samsonite ad today, with sound (very annoying, loud sound, too), and I'm using Safari on OS X 10.2.6.

As a side note, for the person who was asking about XP earlier, yes it, does come with a partitioning tool, and while it's not the best I've ever used, it's MUCH better than fdisk. Right-click on your "My Computer" icon, go to "Manage," and then to "Disk Management."

13 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older