Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1508 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
8. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 11:07 ColoradoHoudini

I'd like to give this game a shot.. but MGS V is going to take all my time.. with Rocket League being my "quick fix" game in between.

I don't think this was a good timing release idea on the Mad Max teams part.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WARSHIFT Early Access
9. Re: WARSHIFT Early Access Aug 31, 2015, 19:04 ColoradoHoudini

So yeah, i watched some trailers and now i think it's 95% RTS?  

News Comments > WARSHIFT Early Access
5. Re: WARSHIFT Early Access Aug 31, 2015, 13:57 ColoradoHoudini

Mother of god that was freaking impressive

So now I'm looking up this game today while at work.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming Aug 30, 2015, 14:32 ColoradoHoudini

I've said to before and I'll say it again, the leveling experience in this game is the best in any game I've ever played. Even if raiding isn't for you (whatever that will entail), I guarantee you guys will have an awesome time in the first weeks to months (depending on your leveling speed) with the leveling in the expansion/overall.

I am likely going to buy the expansion mostly for the awesome leveling experience, the group content, the big objectives, the massive continual progression during the large party invasions (whatever term) you use in a certain area.. all amazing. It goes from 5 players fighting 10 mobs at a time, to 50 players fighting non-stop vs a host of mobs all over an area, trying to complete objective together..

Now, if they can give me a reason to log in after i hit level cap, i'm listening..

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 29, 2015, 17:21 ColoradoHoudini

For anyone who has never played the game.. here is something i posted regarding GW2 during initial release:

With a full world of people.. the leveling process is the best leveling any MMO has had yet, it is flat out f'ing god damn fantastic. When you come across big events, or even small quests.. and see all kinds of people helping out, or doing them themselves, it's just awesome. I loved leveling in GW2 when it released, I can't say enough about it! All the places to see, things to do, side events, quests, objectives.. puzzles.. hidden stashes.. etc. The leveling was incredible.

However..

I hit level cap, crafted the top gear and thought - "okay, what's next to accomplish?" Nothing. I saw every dungeon, I did the world dragons and got the same gear over and over.. the same fight over and over. I felt there was nothing of anything to accomplish and no decent reward of any type for my effort.

I was never asking for WoW-style raids, but at least something of consequence that I didnt accomplish within 5 minutes after it was delivered. Ooh, a new cape? a shiny sword? Okay, got them all within moments after it was known they existed.

Then I sat around in all this great gear, looking smoother than a Boyz II Men lullaby, and I was better than any content there was to tackle. A dungeon? a joke.. Fractals? Oh, the same content over and over and over and over.. and getting the same bs gear with slightly better stats to.. do nothing with? I outleveled the content in every way possible. There was nothing to beat or best, it was a fashion show at level cap after a few hours of gaming...then I shelved the game in totality.

Again, the leveling is awesome (I would highly suggest playing just for that experience), and hopefully this time around, they give gamers a reason to log in often and for more than 15 minutes a week.

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
17. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 29, 2015, 11:25 ColoradoHoudini

ViRGE wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 20:51:

However I'm still waiting to see if the other shoe drops with F2P shenanigans...

YEP.

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
5. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 18:35 ColoradoHoudini

Not too shabby looking, and I had a LOT of doubt about this one  

News Comments > Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans
2. Re: Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans Aug 27, 2015, 20:06 ColoradoHoudini

I have had more fun playing this simple yet complex game than any other game (for me) in recent memory.

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
8. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 26, 2015, 20:50 ColoradoHoudini

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 20:36:
Look at all the awesome games LawBreakers will be among...

http://www.nexon.net/

Dirty Bomb had potential, but the devs had a few costly and i mean COSTLY errors.

1. Releasing an OP melee character who had a shield, the best submachine gun in the game, a sword, and stealth.. it was ridiculous. No counter in the game at all for a few weeks until they nerfed him. (too late)
2. Allowing hackers to ruin the matched games. I'm talking ridiculous over the top hacking the likes I've never seen before. Totally ruined the game.

There were other issues as well.. just another dev who thinks they know better about what the community wants.

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
5. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 26, 2015, 20:21 ColoradoHoudini

No in-game footage until Friday - I heard.

Umm, F2P? Yeah, NOPE.

look here- someone is already defending the game with downvotes on decent comments:
Reddit

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins Aug 26, 2015, 11:50 ColoradoHoudini

That game looks like it's made for ADD-having console kids who want everything shiny and explosion-y and over the top.. regardless if the mechanics fit the game type or not.

Also.. "3+ multiplayer maps" .. is that a selling point to someone? Certainly not to me. I want at least 6 maps for starters.

News Comments > Mad Max Branching Trailer
4. Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 17, 2015, 21:15 ColoradoHoudini

I cant find a list of all the game features.. hmmm.. anyone?  

News Comments > Mad Max Branching Trailer
2. Re: Mad Max Branching Trailer Aug 17, 2015, 21:06 ColoradoHoudini

Ahh whoa.. this actually looks pretty cool.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
26. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 16, 2015, 23:06 ColoradoHoudini

I am going to buy the game from a good known source who ensures the money goes back to the devs. I have money to spend, so I will do the right thing.

Thanks all.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash
3. Re: The Witcher 3 Mod Tool Backlash Aug 16, 2015, 15:23 ColoradoHoudini

Now that i have a 970gtx (upgraded from a 6970).. I can finally buy this game and appreciate it.

Okay, time to find the best deal on this title.

I found it on cdkeys.com .. legit site or not?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway
7. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 8, 2015, 20:32 ColoradoHoudini

Thank you for your inputs guys.

I am getting a new vid card next week, and have the itch to play some games with various levels of progression.. so maybe. MAYBE, i'll tap back into GW2.

4. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 8, 2015, 17:15 ColoradoHoudini

I did all the dungeons and the first fractal, I felt they were easy as hell.

I know what you mean about WvW PVP because my guild/allied guilds were so coordinated it was a cakewalk in WvW. We fought only when absolutely needed, but otherwise used tactics and maneuvers to just outplay the other sides. I'd say it was 85% strategy, and 15% fighting.. we'd win with the allied guilds.. but good lord that was boring.

2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 8, 2015, 15:35 ColoradoHoudini

I had a lot of fun leveling in GW2, more than any other game by a long shot. However, I hit level cap and was immediately bored to tears. I saw everything while leveling and there was nothing to accomplish past that.

i left the game after 4'ish months in, never looked back. Recently reinstalled it and I had still near top tier gear (no biggie) but then I did some "vs-NPC's" in a PvP type environment while waiting for the W vs W vs W PvP map to open up for me. It was a cakewalk of spam. We ran over every NPC mob without anyone dying ever.

It feels like there's no challenge in this game at level cap.

What does Heart of Thorns bring to the game in terms of challenging content? I know, I am not looking for WoW/Rift/WS leveling raiding.. but at least to accomplish something of worth besides a jumping puzzle

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
20. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 7, 2015, 21:14 ColoradoHoudini

I love this.
There will be plenty of times I will just want to go along for a ride and BS with other players.. hands free. Or simply just sit in a gun pod and blow shit up. This is such a simple feature (in theory) to implement, but makes me so darn happy to see in practice.

Here's to hoping they can pull this off.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
17. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 20:16 ColoradoHoudini

I'm wondering what EQ:Next is going to do to get and keep me playing that game?

- Rift was fun, but it too took a lot of time.
- WoW, takes a lot of time to get the real raids done.
- Wildstar was awesome, until it came to raiding..and the initial raids there were way too long and too hard.
- Guild Wars 2 doesnt have enough content to make me want to log in for more than a few hours every other week (no real sense of accomplishment)
- SWTOR was tedious in Fed Ex quests and the game had too much dialogue and repeated content. Plus end game didnt exist in a real community sense

So I wonder what will the next EQ do to give me the sense of accomplishment, without the enormous time sink and feeling that I am lagging so far behind others, I don't want to bother to try to catch up

1508 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo