Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1499 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blood Bowl 2 Video
1. Re: Blood Bowl 2 Video Sep 18, 2015, 18:00 ColoradoHoudini

I just want one new Warhammer game where it actually does the license proud. Sigh...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rocket League Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Announced
1. Re: Rocket League Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Announced Sep 18, 2015, 17:59 ColoradoHoudini

I caught myself thinking "well, this isn't worth buying, where's my upgrade/advantage?" then I realized that it's ENTIRELY optional, and that's how it should be for DLC.

bless these devs, they are doing it right.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 13, 2015, 19:31 ColoradoHoudini

I have so much fun doing random dumb stuff in MGS. Right now I'm on an op to capture 3 guys.. and the first time through, I decided to shoot out some floodlights.. oops! Second time, C4 everything at once.. oops! I keep creating chaos and it's hilarious fun.

Start over, and try again.

Brest part, once you spot an enemy, he's "seen" even after you retry the area.. so it's worth it to go balls out, get all the NPCs to show themselves.. spot them, restart.

It's a pretty smart game too. Take out the comms towers, and then you can kill everyone.. no backup comes. You learn that trick quickly. For Side Ops missions, just kill everyone!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2015, 16:16 ColoradoHoudini

I'll throw another curve ball here...

Isn't MS forcing digital-only content a GREAT thing for forcing the userbase to push the unlimited data cap back onto the ISPs? I mean.. right now, a lot of us care because we're regular hardcore computer users in one form or another.

However for the mom buying her son a console, and then seeing a data overage charge, or whatever.. that creates awareness.

Then, when you have MS and Google.. plus other giants backing unlimited data, faster speeds.. isn't that what we ultimatum want? If all of a sudden Netflix says "hey, we're losing people" or google says "we have less people browsing youtube (ads)" .. or itunes seeing less downloads due to caps.. won't that cause a the stir we all ultimately want?

News Comments > Steam Top Nine
25. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 22:56 ColoradoHoudini

"Stop now, get Ground Zeroes, and play through the missions, extracting whoever you can. The ones to make sure that you get are Glaz, Palitz, and Hideo; the two intel operatives are optional. Once the servers are up and running, upload your save from GZ and import it into TPP. It'll be a nice little boost to your Mother Base staff, starting around Mission 6 or so."

Do I HAVE to do this right now? Can I wait a few more runs through regular missions? I am only at like the 5th mission now, I just -----SPOILER WITH A LARGE WILDLIFE CREATURE---, and did the scientist extract.

News Comments > Steam Top Nine
9. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 16:45 ColoradoHoudini

I am REALLY enjoying TPP.. quite a lot in fact. I find myself trying new and oddball attacks "hey, use the mortar on the satellite dishes!... okay, now the outpost is on full alert"..etc..

A lot of fun, very challenging.. just takes a bit to get used to with the m/kb.. I REALLY hope they patch that soon.

I want to get Mad Max.. but I don't have the time to play it!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch
17. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 15:36 ColoradoHoudini

Looks like a Soldier of Fortune clone, no thanks.  

News Comments > WildStar F2P This Month
11. Re: WildStar F2P This Month Sep 3, 2015, 19:52 ColoradoHoudini

If they would've made the end game accessible to more people from the get go, toned down the dungeons.. it would've been a lot more popular.

But they INSISTED on being "hardcore".. and it was, but there was not enough audience for "hardcore". We tried to tell them that

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
23. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 2, 2015, 00:09 ColoradoHoudini

I've changed my mind on this game after completing the into and the first mission.

I absolutely f'ing hate the inability to map my keys as I see fit.

I have a Naga and a Nostromo, and I cannot bind the common keys I want to the buttons how I like them. I am not doing anything out of the ordinary either, this is awful.
Also- in the menu, it's built 100% for a gamepad, there is ZERO mouse support in the menu.. none, zip.. it doesnt work.. you have to use your arrow keys like a peasant.

the FoV hasn't bothered me yet, and the locked frame rate is fine for me at a solid 60fps.. the game looks great.

I just wish I could remap the keys how I want them.. why is this even a problem???

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released
9. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Released Sep 1, 2015, 19:48 ColoradoHoudini

I bought the preorder (don't string me up.. I bought it a few hours before the game went live just for the Zeroes content).. and got to play Zeroes last night.

I was freaking impressed. I never play these types of games, but this was just impressive across the board. i found myself retrying areas just to do something wicked stupid/fun. "Shoot the jeep driver.. go on a wild goose chase!"

Just overall I am impressed with the game. About to dive in for the real thing now!

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Night Operations Released
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Night Operations Released Sep 1, 2015, 19:46 ColoradoHoudini

Can anyone confirm that the night setting is completely negated by the INRV scope and other items in general?

News Comments > Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam
8. Re: Mad Max Game Released; Movies on Steam Sep 1, 2015, 11:07 ColoradoHoudini

I'd like to give this game a shot.. but MGS V is going to take all my time.. with Rocket League being my "quick fix" game in between.

I don't think this was a good timing release idea on the Mad Max teams part.

News Comments > WARSHIFT Early Access
9. Re: WARSHIFT Early Access Aug 31, 2015, 19:04 ColoradoHoudini

So yeah, i watched some trailers and now i think it's 95% RTS?  

News Comments > WARSHIFT Early Access
5. Re: WARSHIFT Early Access Aug 31, 2015, 13:57 ColoradoHoudini

Mother of god that was freaking impressive

So now I'm looking up this game today while at work.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Core Game Free; Raids Coming Aug 30, 2015, 14:32 ColoradoHoudini

I've said to before and I'll say it again, the leveling experience in this game is the best in any game I've ever played. Even if raiding isn't for you (whatever that will entail), I guarantee you guys will have an awesome time in the first weeks to months (depending on your leveling speed) with the leveling in the expansion/overall.

I am likely going to buy the expansion mostly for the awesome leveling experience, the group content, the big objectives, the massive continual progression during the large party invasions (whatever term) you use in a certain area.. all amazing. It goes from 5 players fighting 10 mobs at a time, to 50 players fighting non-stop vs a host of mobs all over an area, trying to complete objective together..

Now, if they can give me a reason to log in after i hit level cap, i'm listening..

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 29, 2015, 17:21 ColoradoHoudini

For anyone who has never played the game.. here is something i posted regarding GW2 during initial release:

With a full world of people.. the leveling process is the best leveling any MMO has had yet, it is flat out f'ing god damn fantastic. When you come across big events, or even small quests.. and see all kinds of people helping out, or doing them themselves, it's just awesome. I loved leveling in GW2 when it released, I can't say enough about it! All the places to see, things to do, side events, quests, objectives.. puzzles.. hidden stashes.. etc. The leveling was incredible.

However..

I hit level cap, crafted the top gear and thought - "okay, what's next to accomplish?" Nothing. I saw every dungeon, I did the world dragons and got the same gear over and over.. the same fight over and over. I felt there was nothing of anything to accomplish and no decent reward of any type for my effort.

I was never asking for WoW-style raids, but at least something of consequence that I didnt accomplish within 5 minutes after it was delivered. Ooh, a new cape? a shiny sword? Okay, got them all within moments after it was known they existed.

Then I sat around in all this great gear, looking smoother than a Boyz II Men lullaby, and I was better than any content there was to tackle. A dungeon? a joke.. Fractals? Oh, the same content over and over and over and over.. and getting the same bs gear with slightly better stats to.. do nothing with? I outleveled the content in every way possible. There was nothing to beat or best, it was a fashion show at level cap after a few hours of gaming...then I shelved the game in totality.

Again, the leveling is awesome (I would highly suggest playing just for that experience), and hopefully this time around, they give gamers a reason to log in often and for more than 15 minutes a week.

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
17. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 29, 2015, 11:25 ColoradoHoudini

ViRGE wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 20:51:

However I'm still waiting to see if the other shoe drops with F2P shenanigans...

YEP.

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
5. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 18:35 ColoradoHoudini

Not too shabby looking, and I had a LOT of doubt about this one  

News Comments > Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans
2. Re: Rocket League OS X and SteamOS Plans Aug 27, 2015, 20:06 ColoradoHoudini

I have had more fun playing this simple yet complex game than any other game (for me) in recent memory.

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
8. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 26, 2015, 20:50 ColoradoHoudini

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 20:36:
Look at all the awesome games LawBreakers will be among...

http://www.nexon.net/

Dirty Bomb had potential, but the devs had a few costly and i mean COSTLY errors.

1. Releasing an OP melee character who had a shield, the best submachine gun in the game, a sword, and stealth.. it was ridiculous. No counter in the game at all for a few weeks until they nerfed him. (too late)
2. Allowing hackers to ruin the matched games. I'm talking ridiculous over the top hacking the likes I've never seen before. Totally ruined the game.

There were other issues as well.. just another dev who thinks they know better about what the community wants.

1499 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo