Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1511 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battleborn Testing This Month
1. Re: Battleborn Testing This Month Oct 15, 2015, 20:59 ColoradoHoudini

I find it's strange that they care about your system specs but do not allow you to enter anything other than the country you're in in the platform you're planning on.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
41. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 19:20 ColoradoHoudini

I know I am in the minority here, but I want this game to be as awesome as the devs envision. I want this game to succeed. I don't see how this game failing or picking on the devs or badmouthing this title at every turn helps our hobby? The financial backing has been great, and I would love to see this method used again for another awesome title because there's a nice freedom to how this title came about.

Additionally, I have other games to play between today and whenever this title goes live. I could see if SC was the ONLY game out there, and by not delivering a full product yet, we're all sitting on our thumbs with nothing to do.. but that's not the case.

Time for MGS and some of the SW beta.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Oct 8, 2015, 23:45 ColoradoHoudini

I don't normally wish for this stuff, but D. Smart sounds like a whiny child who is upset someone else is getting attention in his "genre" and he's throwing a tantrum.

He honestly needs the piss beat out of him. I would love to see him at a convention and just getting his punk ass drug up and down the aisles while getting whipped. i know if I worked on SC, i might have to pay Ms. Smart a visit and tune him the hell up. That whiny little punk ass bitch. Just let it go, you gaming diva.

News Comments > Battleborn Big Numbers
5. Re: Battleborn Big Numbers Oct 3, 2015, 12:39 ColoradoHoudini

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 23:01:
sounds impossible to balance.

More complex is not better... more options is not better..

Guess they never heard of the "KISS" Acronym.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

100% agree.
The balance.. my god, the balance!

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Will Support Mods Oct 2, 2015, 19:55 ColoradoHoudini

Just Cause 3 Will Support Mods…

i feel this needs its pwn standalone thread.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
5. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 30, 2015, 19:49 ColoradoHoudini

GameStop and other content providers will need to step up and put a stop to data caps for home ISPs if this is the direction he thinks they are staying. 250 gigs a month for some people.. and you think with as much media as we all consume, we aren't going to hit that cap?

people hit 30 gig in one game download.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2015, 20:19 ColoradoHoudini

I tried Elite Dangerous.. and it felt so god damn empty. So lonely.. i never felt like I was part of a big game

Tapped out after a few tries.

Still having a lot of fun screwing off in MGS though!

News Comments > Battleborn Trailer
1. Re: Battleborn Trailer Sep 24, 2015, 20:23 ColoradoHoudini

This game looks cluttered on screen.. or just me? I cannot tell wtf is going on with most of the videos.  

News Comments > Overwatch Video Overload
1. Re: Overwatch Video Overload Sep 22, 2015, 20:25 ColoradoHoudini

If 5 years ago you said..
"Blizzard.. First Person Shooter.. class-based"

I'd have jumped through my own ass to get a look. But today, I .. I dunno man, I just don't really care for anything I see in this title.

News Comments > Battleborn Closed Testing Signups
2. Re: Battleborn Closed Testing Signups Sep 22, 2015, 20:21 ColoradoHoudini

I signed up a bit ago for the beta (why not) but I used my old vid card info (6970) and not my new card info (970gtx)... hope that doesnt disqualify me because I registered with a low end card.  

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 20, 2015, 12:47 ColoradoHoudini

I am still plugging along -slowly- in MGS.. having fun, sometimes for Side Ops, just going in balls to the wall and blowing up everything. Or.. sneaking in, planting C4 all over, backing out, sniping and detonating while watching the NPCs panic.

Will there be MP COOP against pre-defined missions and stuff? If it's already in, I'm sorry for asking.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All Sep 18, 2015, 18:02 ColoradoHoudini

ldonyo wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 13:58:
I'm surprised they aren't requiring a pre-order to access the beta. Maybe they're going to try stress-testing the servers before launch this time...

I wonder if they are purposely making this open to all because of all the negative pub this game has received over the last few months? I know they lost my pre-order in total whenever I saw the lack of features.. (not that I pre-order t all)

News Comments > Blood Bowl 2 Video
1. Re: Blood Bowl 2 Video Sep 18, 2015, 18:00 ColoradoHoudini

I just want one new Warhammer game where it actually does the license proud. Sigh...  

News Comments > Rocket League Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Announced
1. Re: Rocket League Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Announced Sep 18, 2015, 17:59 ColoradoHoudini

I caught myself thinking "well, this isn't worth buying, where's my upgrade/advantage?" then I realized that it's ENTIRELY optional, and that's how it should be for DLC.

bless these devs, they are doing it right.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 13, 2015, 19:31 ColoradoHoudini

I have so much fun doing random dumb stuff in MGS. Right now I'm on an op to capture 3 guys.. and the first time through, I decided to shoot out some floodlights.. oops! Second time, C4 everything at once.. oops! I keep creating chaos and it's hilarious fun.

Start over, and try again.

Brest part, once you spot an enemy, he's "seen" even after you retry the area.. so it's worth it to go balls out, get all the NPCs to show themselves.. spot them, restart.

It's a pretty smart game too. Take out the comms towers, and then you can kill everyone.. no backup comes. You learn that trick quickly. For Side Ops missions, just kill everyone!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2015, 16:16 ColoradoHoudini

I'll throw another curve ball here...

Isn't MS forcing digital-only content a GREAT thing for forcing the userbase to push the unlimited data cap back onto the ISPs? I mean.. right now, a lot of us care because we're regular hardcore computer users in one form or another.

However for the mom buying her son a console, and then seeing a data overage charge, or whatever.. that creates awareness.

Then, when you have MS and Google.. plus other giants backing unlimited data, faster speeds.. isn't that what we ultimatum want? If all of a sudden Netflix says "hey, we're losing people" or google says "we have less people browsing youtube (ads)" .. or itunes seeing less downloads due to caps.. won't that cause a the stir we all ultimately want?

News Comments > Steam Top Nine
25. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 22:56 ColoradoHoudini

"Stop now, get Ground Zeroes, and play through the missions, extracting whoever you can. The ones to make sure that you get are Glaz, Palitz, and Hideo; the two intel operatives are optional. Once the servers are up and running, upload your save from GZ and import it into TPP. It'll be a nice little boost to your Mother Base staff, starting around Mission 6 or so."

Do I HAVE to do this right now? Can I wait a few more runs through regular missions? I am only at like the 5th mission now, I just -----SPOILER WITH A LARGE WILDLIFE CREATURE---, and did the scientist extract.

News Comments > Steam Top Nine
9. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 16:45 ColoradoHoudini

I am REALLY enjoying TPP.. quite a lot in fact. I find myself trying new and oddball attacks "hey, use the mortar on the satellite dishes!... okay, now the outpost is on full alert"..etc..

A lot of fun, very challenging.. just takes a bit to get used to with the m/kb.. I REALLY hope they patch that soon.

I want to get Mad Max.. but I don't have the time to play it!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch
17. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Interim Patch Sep 4, 2015, 15:36 ColoradoHoudini

Looks like a Soldier of Fortune clone, no thanks.  

News Comments > WildStar F2P This Month
11. Re: WildStar F2P This Month Sep 3, 2015, 19:52 ColoradoHoudini

If they would've made the end game accessible to more people from the get go, toned down the dungeons.. it would've been a lot more popular.

But they INSISTED on being "hardcore".. and it was, but there was not enough audience for "hardcore". We tried to tell them that

1511 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo