Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1499 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer Nov 1, 2015, 15:49 ColoradoHoudini

I really think CoD is made for ADD-having console dummies. It's constant flare, sparkle, splash, ..throw everything at the gamer and make it nonstop and I mean NONSTOP action. Dont let the gamer think for a second, it's 100% go go go.. tactics? Screw those!

I wish it would be a better franchise.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
14. Re: Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as Oct 28, 2015, 20:29 ColoradoHoudini

This was posted on Reddit.. it's not taking a while to load, this is pure stutter.

http://gfycat.com/CleverDearestArabianhorse

Reddit post

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak
17. Re: DOOM Alpha Weapons Images Leak Oct 22, 2015, 20:05 ColoradoHoudini

The New Order is SP only huh?
Pass

Doom?
Pass

Gimme a new ET with great multiplayer support.. and do it futuristic.. and not like that screwup that was ET:QW either.
..oh and since Splash Damage cant pull their ass out of their head.. give the IP to a worthwhile dev.

News Comments > Planet Coaster Diary
1. Re: Planet Coaster Diary Oct 22, 2015, 20:02 ColoradoHoudini

I could see me playing this game, and my gf being all up in my coaster business.. might be fun. Hmm  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer Oct 22, 2015, 20:01 ColoradoHoudini

I almost want to buy this game to spite DICE/EA on that horseshit called Battlefront 3.

..my methods makes no sense to me either.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Details
42. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 21, 2015, 21:22 ColoradoHoudini

Slick wrote on Oct 21, 2015, 08:19:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 20, 2015, 21:20:
I have been very vocal on reddit as a staunch opponent to the current state of this game.. in terms of features.

1. 20 vs 20 is not a battle, the damn PS4 ad even makes it look like there's a huge battle on Hoth, there isn't. The Battlefront2 game had 32 vs 32 and NPCs playing as well. That was a battle.

2. No dedicated servers. How the hell did we have dedicated servers 10 year ago for the previous title, but not this one now? I suppose griefers and jerks will ruin peoples fun in this game. I have played enough Battlefield 4 to know griefers exist, and on non-adminned servers, this is going to be a pain in the ass. There are still people playing on modded BF2 servers to this day. Modding and dedicated servers arent here though.

really? the instaspawn 20v20 rush map wasn't intense enough for you? 40 people on a battlefield rush map is too much, even with 15 second respawns...

and you're the only greifer I see here, there are obviously dedicated servers. you think that a 40 person server is running on *some guy*'s lightning fast i3 computer with a 200 ping like ever P2P game ever invented? oh wait, it's that other thing...

Sweetie.. there's no Conquest mode with 32 vs 32.. like there was 10 years ago in Battlefront 2. You're equating the size with the map, as if Hoth couldnt be made bigger to support 32 players per side and NPCs? They've done it before.

Do you not understand what true PC gamers consider a dedicated server? It's rentable, admin-controlled by clans or people.. the gamers run it, not the company. We admin and put the variables as we see fit. That's what I am talking about. Are you new to PC gaming?

This iteration has less content and features.. it went backwards.

I'm sorry guys, I had no idea Slick was just the typical teenage console moron troll.. I'll not entertain him any longer. I thought we here at Blues weeded out the dummies?

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 20, 2015, 23:05 ColoradoHoudini

Okay, so whenever a PC gamer says "dedicated servers" you know what we mean, right? We mean servers we can rent or own and admin ourselves. How do you suppose to build a good community whenever it's random server time for all?
BF4 has adminned servers, why can't Battlefront? A later iteration of the same sort of game and we're looking at less features. I have favorited servers in BF4 because they had great maps, game types, and good people with active admins making sure we're all playing a fun game.. Battlefront will not have that.

You mention the sniper, well aside from a sniper, what about a heavy weapons guy? An engineer? Some sort of medic or defensive player? it all fits within the canon, but they went with a card system and limited possibilities which are stuck with you in game (for now) and possibly you unlock one other build later. That's weak.

The powerup system is awful. For one, with classes and actual vehicle spawns, we don't need it. Maybe instead of a powerup, it's something accrued over time over the battle? The current system stinks and this game has zero PC longevity.

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Details Oct 20, 2015, 21:20 ColoradoHoudini

I have been very vocal on reddit as a staunch opponent to the current state of this game.. in terms of features.

1. 20 vs 20 is not a battle, the damn PS4 ad even makes it look like there's a huge battle on Hoth, there isn't. The Battlefront2 game had 32 vs 32 and NPCs playing as well. That was a battle.

2. No dedicated servers. How the hell did we have dedicated servers 10 year ago for the previous title, but not this one now? I suppose griefers and jerks will ruin peoples fun in this game. I have played enough Battlefield 4 to know griefers exist, and on non-adminned servers, this is going to be a pain in the ass. There are still people playing on modded BF2 servers to this day. Modding and dedicated servers arent here though.

3. No classes. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Let's remove the classes in favor of throwaway 1-time use powerups we have to pick up. Better hope people aren't camping those power up spawns. Repair items, nope. Be a heavy weps guy for anti vehicles..not a chance. It's very watered down in terms of loadouts.

4. Here's a huge AT AT.. one guy pilots it though, no room for others at all.. not in transport, not nothing. Oh, and he raced to the beginning to get the power up so he could pilot it.

5. Wanna fly? better hope you get a power up! Can't just have the regulars running to the hangers to get an X Wing and take to the air.. because nobody who is a SW fan likes flying space ships. I put a lot of time in the small window of the beta, and got 3 ships total. I also only got 1 hero (Vader) but it bugged out on me.

6. Space battles? Nope, can't have those either!

7. There is absolutely zero teamwork options built into the game. No commander type person, no telling your team to attack an objective or defend something.. nothing.

8. The spawning system sucks. It spawned me away from anywhere useful more often than not, and generally in the worst places possible.. and no, you cant choose where to spawn, because you're not an adult gamer.

I swear to GabeN, that aside from sound and visuals, this game has gone backwards in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!! It's very pretty and sounds amazing..aside from that, it's embarrassing how backwards this game went with regards to features and mechanics.

This is is 100% catered to casuals who will play the game for 2 months, then opt out for whatever shiny new BS comes out next. This game has no long term shelf life imho.

News Comments > Battleborn Testing This Month
1. Re: Battleborn Testing This Month Oct 15, 2015, 20:59 ColoradoHoudini

I find it's strange that they care about your system specs but do not allow you to enter anything other than the country you're in in the platform you're planning on.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed
41. Re: Star Citizen Star Cast Revealed Oct 11, 2015, 19:20 ColoradoHoudini

I know I am in the minority here, but I want this game to be as awesome as the devs envision. I want this game to succeed. I don't see how this game failing or picking on the devs or badmouthing this title at every turn helps our hobby? The financial backing has been great, and I would love to see this method used again for another awesome title because there's a nice freedom to how this title came about.

Additionally, I have other games to play between today and whenever this title goes live. I could see if SC was the ONLY game out there, and by not delivering a full product yet, we're all sitting on our thumbs with nothing to do.. but that's not the case.

Time for MGS and some of the SW beta.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Op Ed Oct 8, 2015, 23:45 ColoradoHoudini

I don't normally wish for this stuff, but D. Smart sounds like a whiny child who is upset someone else is getting attention in his "genre" and he's throwing a tantrum.

He honestly needs the piss beat out of him. I would love to see him at a convention and just getting his punk ass drug up and down the aisles while getting whipped. i know if I worked on SC, i might have to pay Ms. Smart a visit and tune him the hell up. That whiny little punk ass bitch. Just let it go, you gaming diva.

News Comments > Battleborn Big Numbers
5. Re: Battleborn Big Numbers Oct 3, 2015, 12:39 ColoradoHoudini

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 23:01:
sounds impossible to balance.

More complex is not better... more options is not better..

Guess they never heard of the "KISS" Acronym.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

100% agree.
The balance.. my god, the balance!

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Will Support Mods Oct 2, 2015, 19:55 ColoradoHoudini

Just Cause 3 Will Support Mods…

i feel this needs its pwn standalone thread.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
5. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 30, 2015, 19:49 ColoradoHoudini

GameStop and other content providers will need to step up and put a stop to data caps for home ISPs if this is the direction he thinks they are staying. 250 gigs a month for some people.. and you think with as much media as we all consume, we aren't going to hit that cap?

people hit 30 gig in one game download.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2015, 20:19 ColoradoHoudini

I tried Elite Dangerous.. and it felt so god damn empty. So lonely.. i never felt like I was part of a big game

Tapped out after a few tries.

Still having a lot of fun screwing off in MGS though!

News Comments > Battleborn Trailer
1. Re: Battleborn Trailer Sep 24, 2015, 20:23 ColoradoHoudini

This game looks cluttered on screen.. or just me? I cannot tell wtf is going on with most of the videos.  

News Comments > Overwatch Video Overload
1. Re: Overwatch Video Overload Sep 22, 2015, 20:25 ColoradoHoudini

If 5 years ago you said..
"Blizzard.. First Person Shooter.. class-based"

I'd have jumped through my own ass to get a look. But today, I .. I dunno man, I just don't really care for anything I see in this title.

News Comments > Battleborn Closed Testing Signups
2. Re: Battleborn Closed Testing Signups Sep 22, 2015, 20:21 ColoradoHoudini

I signed up a bit ago for the beta (why not) but I used my old vid card info (6970) and not my new card info (970gtx)... hope that doesnt disqualify me because I registered with a low end card.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 20, 2015, 12:47 ColoradoHoudini

I am still plugging along -slowly- in MGS.. having fun, sometimes for Side Ops, just going in balls to the wall and blowing up everything. Or.. sneaking in, planting C4 all over, backing out, sniping and detonating while watching the NPCs panic.

Will there be MP COOP against pre-defined missions and stuff? If it's already in, I'm sorry for asking.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Open to All Sep 18, 2015, 18:02 ColoradoHoudini

ldonyo wrote on Sep 18, 2015, 13:58:
I'm surprised they aren't requiring a pre-order to access the beta. Maybe they're going to try stress-testing the servers before launch this time...

I wonder if they are purposely making this open to all because of all the negative pub this game has received over the last few months? I know they lost my pre-order in total whenever I saw the lack of features.. (not that I pre-order t all)

1499 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo