Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1499 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > DICE Starting "The Next Battlefield"
22. Re: DICE Starting Dec 13, 2015, 16:48 ColoradoHoudini

2143... come on baby..... come on buddy...

gimme slightly future.. 32 vs 32 (or 64 vs 64?), dedicated private servers, and all the other goodies.
Make up for that bag of hog poop called Battlefront!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III The Awakening DLC Revealed
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III The Awakening DLC Revealed Dec 9, 2015, 20:13 ColoradoHoudini

I just want a larger CoD again.. World at War (WW3) .. 64 players.. private servers.. all the goodies.

I have Black Ops3 .. and it feels confined. I am hoping the modding community can open it up!

News Comments > First Assault Online Early Access Next Week
3. Re: First Assault Online Early Access Next Week Dec 8, 2015, 19:43 ColoradoHoudini

I am so desperate for a new FPS (something slightly futuristic) I applied for the beta.. I am not even ashamed.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 40-Player Battle Shown
9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Nov 30, 2015, 21:24 ColoradoHoudini

Didnt Tribes 1 host 128 players per server?..back in like 1998?

News Comments > Early Patch for Early Just Cause 3
7. Re: Early Patch for Early Just Cause 3 Nov 28, 2015, 23:48 ColoradoHoudini

Was it GMG or cdkeys that was going to post the source of their keys on their site?
Either way, I hope it can all be legit.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2015, 11:01 ColoradoHoudini

Considering the critical beating SWBF is taking and how players are reporting a severe disinterest in the game hours after purchasing it.. EA should do something (other than release 1 more world map) to get and possibly keep players.

As it stands now, the game has very little long term appeal, there's not much "gotta get back to playing" feel to this title.. and the community will suffer. It should've been a 30 dollar title, with very cheap DLC. In act, whatever DLC is coming next, should've been included in the main release. However, if we're making a list of "should'ves" .. there's about 20 of them..but they are game-changing, so that won't happen in the future anyhow

News Comments > Escape from Tarkov Trailer
1. Re: Escape from Tarkov Trailer Nov 25, 2015, 20:07 ColoradoHoudini

What I don't get is why some developer isn't looking at what we don't have for FPSs and going there. Why not a 2143 clone? 32 vs 32 or larger, somewhat futurish.. land/air vehicles.. etc.

There has to be a niche out there in the FPS world not being filled, right? Everything I see these days looks like what we already have..and no, FPS MOBA's are a whole different genre.

News Comments > Firefall Developer Layoffs
11. Re: Firefall Developer Layoffs Nov 24, 2015, 22:06 ColoradoHoudini

Seventyfive wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 15:34:
Played it for a while and actually am a founder; however, they couldn't figure out loot drops per person and instead everyone has to run in and fight for loot which is just ridiculous. Might not be #1 still but for a very long time this was the #1 desired feature and the devs wouldn't even respond with a "we're trying" or "we're thinking about it". They just pretended like it didn't exist.

Wow, that is awful.

News Comments > Firefall Developer Layoffs
10. Re: Firefall Developer Layoffs Nov 24, 2015, 22:05 ColoradoHoudini

Saw this coming 10 miles away.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 21:40 ColoradoHoudini

As he said in the review you linked.. "shallow"

btw-the additional maps are not worth it. The need additional game changing features added

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 21:13 ColoradoHoudini

Man this game is being beat up pretty much everywhere i turn. So many valid criticisms to this title, and lower than expected sales as well.

if it were 30 bucks, okay, I'm listening.. and free or $10 DLC .. every few months, okay.
But 60 bucks for a cash grab devoid of features, mechanics and content most people would assume would be there base don the type of game this is.. ugh.

we wont even mention the DLC cash grab.

Already the game is pretty much only populated in two game types. Sad..just sad.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Video Diary
1. Re: Just Cause 3 Video Diary Nov 23, 2015, 20:05 ColoradoHoudini

I am picking this title up and there will be much drinking, laughing, and recording of nonsense stuff. Yes please  

News Comments > Squad Early Access Next Month
6. Re: Good Game Nov 21, 2015, 15:55 ColoradoHoudini

So I went to the main site to find videos on the game, because I want a larger scale FPS.. not like Planetside, but larger than BF4..so I was hyped.

I couldnt find any videos on the main page, there's no "media" link with good promo vids.. now I know why. I went to their forums to a video subsection, to user posted videos.. and the game looks like it's 10yrs old, with 20yr old animations.

Will anyone ever make a larger scale slightly future
ish FPS at all.. ugh.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Early Access Next Month Nov 18, 2015, 20:33 ColoradoHoudini

Sweet jesus.. every other week I read about a new Warhammer game.
Seems a bit oversaturated to me..and it's a MOBA?
UGH

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
35. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 17, 2015, 14:12 ColoradoHoudini

Almost every review I've seen ends with major concern about longevity beyond a few weeks, as this game is far too simple, featureless and casual.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC Plans
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Plans Nov 12, 2015, 19:39 ColoradoHoudini

BF4 is the only FPS I am enjoying at the moment.
Sad that I want to like Star Wars, but it's so super casual..and I am too slow these days for CoD (I tried.. I suck badly)

News Comments > Overwatch Origins Edition Details
16. Re: Overwatch Origins Edition Details Nov 6, 2015, 21:08 ColoradoHoudini

Do we have a list of all these MOBFPS hybrids?

Overwatch
Battleborn
the new Epic one..
what else?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released
27. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Released Nov 6, 2015, 18:57 ColoradoHoudini

Sometimes we fight around here as if we all don't have the same gaming goals.. it's rather disheartening. I honestly think us PC gamers here at Blues should be better people.. we're more informed, we're game-smarter, we're critical when we need to be.. etc. I think we're too harsh on each other. I think we lose sight on what's important and resort to name calling.

Anyhow, I will report back this weekend on how the game runs on my new rig.. hoping it works. I had to buy the game just to support a developer that has come out and made statements like they did regarding mapping, modding, the server browser...

News Comments > Paragon Revealed
4. Re: Paragon Revealed Nov 3, 2015, 21:17 ColoradoHoudini

All I wanted was for Epic to come back and make a kickass FPS.. and I am thinking this is a MOBA FPS hybrid. go away.

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Mod Support Plans
12. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Mod Support Plans Nov 2, 2015, 23:01 ColoradoHoudini

Look, I know we here are more game-smart, more in touch with the real gaming world, we're elitists.. we all pretty much know better. I get it, we're smarter gamers. With that being said, I HAVE to support this game because of what they are trying to do, how they are going to try to support the PC platform. Will it work, who knows, but I love the attempt. Sure we've been burned before, I get it..

But I am going to give them a try.

1499 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo