Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1511 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Trailers
2. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Trailers Sep 21, 2017, 19:46 ColoradoHoudini

all i need to know about this game, "war" mode is 6 vs 6.
War.
the war mode is 6 vs 6.

Go screw yourselves.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Nears 500K Sold Sep 18, 2017, 21:34 ColoradoHoudini

I am traditionally an FPS player..I pretty much avoid all SP RPGs and RPGs in general (I know this one has MP). I am never a turn-based gamer and I didnt like X-Com at all.. I am not in the right demographic for this title and still I bought it.

It took me a few restarts and some learning, but now I am HOOKED! I absolutely cannot get enough of this game! Thsi game is god damn fantastic and is so well done I am blown away. the amount of depth and choices and the characters, the way fights change or how to approach them etc. How you can use a different character and talk to a person and get a totally different reply and outcome, and talk to animals and get information, hidden everything, clues everywhere.. Good god this game is impressive as hell.

If you dont have this yet and you're thinking about it, get it. You will absolutely love it. I cannot wait to get in later tonight and do some inventory management and go back to the town and do a few HUGE things I missed.

My coworker and I are playing, and while in the same area our experiences are widely different.. again, highly impressed with this title.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 18, 2017, 21:27 ColoradoHoudini

I am seriously disappointed that this game has a WAr mode with 6 vs 6. What the hell kind of nonsense is 6 vs 6 in 2017 in a AAA MP FPS? Especially in a mode like that!!

Hard pass on this title

News Comments > Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released
2. Re: Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth Released Aug 15, 2017, 20:21 ColoradoHoudini

POE huh?

Path of Exile? wait.. Pillars of Eternity.. nope, a $40 book called Pillars of Earth.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Trailer
4. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Trailer Aug 14, 2017, 21:15 ColoradoHoudini

If War mode is like Wolf:ET .. I will be a happy clam  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Trailer Aug 14, 2017, 20:27 ColoradoHoudini

What is the player count for MP? 32 vs 32?  

News Comments > Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight
19. Re: Grimoire - Heralds of the Winged Exemplar Takes Flight Aug 5, 2017, 19:23 ColoradoHoudini

Ahh 40 for that???
Nope.

News Comments > Final Lawbreakers Open Beta Friday
1. Re: Final Lawbreakers Open Beta Friday Jul 26, 2017, 20:13 ColoradoHoudini

I just dont see this game doing well. It's too "clumsy" and feels too twitchy and like a F2P game would. low gravity feels like a kids gimmick for teens on a console, it has too much of some sort of mountain dew edgy vibe to it. It really comes off like a cheap mod for UT. This, Quake Champions and the revamped UT I don't see doing well, not much of a market for any of them.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Beta Signups
29. Re: Quake Champions Beta Signups Mar 8, 2017, 20:58 ColoradoHoudini

I put this right in there with Lawbreakers.. a dud a few months in, if not out of the gate.

Why not make a Quake version of the old XMP? Something bigger.. larger teams, vehicles, bases, deployables, assets, etc..
another arena shooter but with heroes? Except.. you're not Blizzard and this won't be nearly the same tier.

News Comments > LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month
6. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 6, 2017, 23:49 ColoradoHoudini

Overwatch has heroes, a set amount of attacks, ultimates, synergy (ugh.. that term), classes, a regimented weapon set.. it's different than an arena shooter.

3. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 6, 2017, 22:25 ColoradoHoudini

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 21:10:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 20:51:
Does this game have a market ya think?

Indeed it does. My understanding that both people who plan on purchasing the game are rather excited about it.

HAHAH!

I really don't know that these arena-styled shooters are doing anything for the community these days. Heck, it seems like they havent worked in the PC world since.. good lord, ahh.. someone help me out? What is the last popular and long-standing arena-styled shooter?

1. Re: LawBreakers Closed Beta This Month Mar 6, 2017, 20:51 ColoradoHoudini

Does this game have a market ya think?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Awakening Next Month
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Awakening Next Month Feb 19, 2016, 18:31 ColoradoHoudini

I would love to see another larger scale CoD.. 32 vs 32, etc. This 8 v 8 stuff or whatever it is, feels small and cramped in these arena maps  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; New CoD This Year
2. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; New CoD This Year Feb 11, 2016, 20:14 ColoradoHoudini

The only way I want a new CoD is if it's larger scale, 32 vs 32 or larger.. something fresh and new. Maybe steal the supposed BF 2143 thunder and go bigger?

Another console-friendly arena shooter like this last one.. no thanks.

News Comments > Grey Goo Free DLC
2. Re: Grey Goo Free DLC Feb 1, 2016, 21:38 ColoradoHoudini

Is this built for competitive MP RTS gamers, or can a sucky RTS gamer like myself play this, turtle up and enjoy himself?  

News Comments > The Division Season Pass Details
4. Re: The Division Season Pass Details Jan 28, 2016, 21:12 ColoradoHoudini

I have the preorder from Amazon loaded up now (45 bucks, i think?) and if the beta sucks, I'll cancel my preorder.. no cost to me.

i want to see if this game can deliver anything of substance. I'm a minor RPG fan, but a big FPS fan..however i hate cover shooters (feel consoley and made for console kids)

edit: that paid expansion sounds freaking awful now that I look at it.
Okay, one new area, cool. However the second thing is probably something like wave after wave of bad guys..that isn't DLC content, that's a side piece game mode. Then the third thing isnt even listed.

This comment was edited on Jan 28, 2016, 21:20.

News Comments > Over 1M Blade & Soul Players
1. Re: Over 1M Blade & Soul Players Jan 25, 2016, 20:12 ColoradoHoudini

I'm over here wondering what a new MMO could do to totally shake up the industry and captivate people like how we first felt.

I had hopes for EQ Next, but apparently that game is vaporware?

A huge Cyberpunk game, easily accessible like WoW, fun like Wildstar, leveling like GW2, and world events like Rift.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released
19. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Released Jan 21, 2016, 20:40 ColoradoHoudini

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 00:21:
Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 22:18:
It would have been way more interesting in fun if they did thus like C&C Renegade. I'd love to see an update of that game.

How have you missed Blue's nearly weekly posts about Renegade-X?

Whoa.. Renegade X ?
Hmm..

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 & Goat Simulator Crossover DLC
2. Re: PAYDAY 2 & Goat Simulator Crossover DLC Jan 14, 2016, 20:21 ColoradoHoudini

I know it's not possible with AAA titles, but I'd LOVE to see some big devs do a crossover.
The dumb ideas in my head seem amazing.

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video
2. Re: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Video Jan 13, 2016, 20:34 ColoradoHoudini

I was just thinking about picking up a new SP RTS and saw this, okay, looks good, but then I also stumbled across Warshift, which looks freaking awesome. The Warshift vids stole my attention more so than this title did.

1511 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo