Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for ColoradoHoudini

Real Name ColoradoHoudini   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ColoradoHoudini
Email Concealed by request
Description Ex NetQuaker..ex 3Wave and Thunderwalker CTF'er (named: Houdini). Played Tribes for Western Alliance, Counterstrike with Frag University (the original FU). Played ET, BF1942 etc...
Old school gamer, ex military.. lived all over the US
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 20, 2003, 00:24
Total Comments 1564 (Pro)
User ID 17782

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos Announced

1. Re: The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos Announced Feb 21, 2020, 18:35 ColoradoHoudini

That actually looks cool, if not like a Tochlight spinoff.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online

12. Re: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Servers Back Online Feb 20, 2020, 18:52 ColoradoHoudini

For someone who doesnt know, what if any advantages are there to playing the game if others have been able to cheat/dupe without repercussions til this point?

News Comments > Skul: The Hero Slayer Early Access

1. Re: Skul: The Hero Slayer Early Access Feb 19, 2020, 15:40 ColoradoHoudini

" rogue-lite "

Such an overused term these days

News Comments > Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal Next Week

11. Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Gameplay Reveal Next Week Feb 19, 2020, 15:39 ColoradoHoudini

I just wanted endless content for DOS2!

I hope BG3 is turn-based, so much better imho

News Comments > 3D Realms' Cancelled Aliens Shooter Plans

9. Re: 3D Realms' Cancelled Aliens Shooter Plans Feb 17, 2020, 16:19 ColoradoHoudini

El Pit wrote on Feb 17, 2020, 12:21:
I swear to God - more companies had an Alien license and started working on Alien games than the supercute prom queen had dates in the last 3 years. Uncountable! WOW!

The Alien license must come with a happy meal! "Want some fries and an Alien license with your burger?"

Reminds me of anything Warhammer.
There seems to be a new Warhammer game every other week, and almost none of them are even remotely decent.

News Comments > Game Reviews

8. Re: Game Reviews Jan 31, 2020, 20:11 ColoradoHoudini

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 31, 2020, 18:55:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jan 31, 2020, 18:52:
Censorship in the Commandos game?

What did they do?
YouTube video shows what was removed from this historical documentary video game.
https://youtu.be/PwSM-lpXVqo
Not true censorship as you can still bUy the original version, but whatevs.

What in the hell? You're fighting the Nazi, they use the swastika, and the Japanese have a distinguishable country symbol.. wtf?

News Comments > Game Reviews

6. Re: Game Reviews Jan 31, 2020, 18:52 ColoradoHoudini

Censorship in the Commandos game?

What did they do?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 30, 2020, 21:53 ColoradoHoudini

Oh it is pure congestion for sure.
But, talking to friends with name brand earbuds, they don't have the dropping of audio issues I do.

friends have:

- apple earbuds
- Bose
- Sony

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 30, 2020, 19:15 ColoradoHoudini

One thing I noticed with those wireless earbuds which look like the Monoprice ones at that link is that they have a lot of dropped audio in crowded areas.

I tried out a different gym last Saturday, and it's way more packed than my regular one, and every song I played from my phone (4 feet away) was broken up badly.

If you use your earbuds in highly congested areas, I will suggest making sure that is an angle you look for in a review. I don't mean 5 people within 30 yards either, I was around 100 people in that a 30yards radius

News Comments > WoW Visions of N'Zoth Live

6. Re: WoW Visions of N'Zoth Live Jan 15, 2020, 19:23 ColoradoHoudini

I really wish there were a new MMORPG to come on the scene and be good enough to garner a strong following.
I love the idea of a long-term character and thousands of others.. but that doesnt exist any longer it seems.

News Comments > Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment

29. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 9, 2020, 19:36 ColoradoHoudini

Without knowing a thing, had you asked me how many players/ships per instanced area, and that area be something like.. Ogrimmar in old WoW, I'd have said 750.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 6, 2020, 21:58 ColoradoHoudini

I get the FCC wanting to push for higher upload speeds, but really, both sides miss the point (according to the article), we should have minimum speeds that the ISPs have to meet based on tiers.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits

2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 21, 2019, 18:54 ColoradoHoudini

NN was never a good idea in the way it was implemented. In the end, by axing it, it took Pai out of the position of person in charge of internet oversight. If they keep it status quo, the big bad Pai (who kids were told to hate), ends up being in charge of the FCC which is in charge of the internet.

What whiny reddit liberal moron wrote that part? Good lord, the uninformed are so loud

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Earns $1B

9. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Earns $1B Dec 18, 2019, 19:24 ColoradoHoudini

I really think the Ground War maps are way larger than the current border allows for, just wish I could test that theory. Also, I'd love to see those maps expanded (if true) and then a Rush mode put in with a higher player count (64 vs 64). Along with that, a higher TTK, just a bit higher would be fine.

I realize I am asking for BF4 again, I am okay with that. No, I lost my BF account to some russian troll who stole my account before 2FA was available. I am not rebuying BF4 and releveling up everything

News Comments > Days of War Closed Beta

1. Re: Days of War Closed Beta Dec 13, 2019, 19:12 ColoradoHoudini

Oh good, I was just thinking that we havent had enough WW2 shooters ever.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews

1. Re: Hardware Reviews Dec 2, 2019, 21:38 ColoradoHoudini

That GPU comparison makes me think of an idea

I'd love to see something like:

- top 3 AMD CPUs from 2012
- top 3 Intel CPUs from 2012
- mix in the same few video cards and benchmark 2012s major games on those rigs. Say 1080p since it was common then.

Then go a cpu and/or a GPU generation up, and do it again with the relevant new games. See if collectively we're getting more FPS with games as time goes on.

If in 2012 I was getting 80FPS on average across 6 similar games with "rig X" and I build a new version of "rig X" in 2020, I want to see 90+ FPS to make me happy about performance progress in my hobby.

Does any of this make any sense?

News Comments > Riot Settles Gender Discrimination Suit

10. Re: Riot Settles Gender Discrimination Suit Dec 2, 2019, 21:26 ColoradoHoudini

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 20:31:
Beamer wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 19:56:
Some real winners commenting.
the incels be foaming at the mouth when the fairer sex gets mentioned. It really trigger's them.

I hope she sees this, Sir W. Knight.

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos

25. Re: Star Citizen Videos Nov 28, 2019, 12:14 ColoradoHoudini

I think what they are doing is awesome, and I hope it pans out.

What's the alternative, I get to point and laugh and be right and win...what exactly? I'd rather this game start something new than to flop.

News Comments > Play Overwatch for Free

19. Re: Play Overwatch for Free Nov 28, 2019, 11:57 ColoradoHoudini

It probably has the most immediate positive feedback system, and the game plays "clean", I just got bored of it after all these years.

Of course there are some things that bugged me, like Rein being a less than useful tank who has a ultimate that gets interrupted far too often. Still underpowered or not correctly built heroes, with so many shields in the game, the lack of a shieldbuster hero (no, junkrat doesnt count, I mean a real shield buster or someone that makes tanks have to move).

News Comments > Everreach: Project Eden Next Month

1. Re: Everreach: Project Eden Next Month Nov 26, 2019, 12:50 ColoradoHoudini

Please be more free and open compared to Outer Worlds, no Fed Ex quests nonstop, and a lot less dialogue!  

1564 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >