User information for Me

Real Name
Me
Nickname
Honkytonk
Email
Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Like Painkeep (Quake 1 multiplayer mod) and CS.
Homepage
Signed On
July 17, 2003
Supporter
-
Total Posts
2 (Suspect)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Heh
Apr 3, 2007, 04:47
Re: Heh Apr 3, 2007, 04:47
Apr 3, 2007, 04:47

Steaming pile of....
Jul 17, 2003, 08:42
Steaming pile of.... Jul 17, 2003, 08:42
Jul 17, 2003, 08:42

Not too impressed with Steam as an app. Of the 4 ppl i know (inc me) who have donwloaded it they have all exprienced hangs and umpteen restarts to get it to update everything, and then every time you turn on your pc it starts updating some more (across various OS's - 98/ME/XP). Also it seems to monolpolise the PC's resources during update, as windows leave trails, desktop icons and text go missing and everything slows too a crawl with periodoc hangs. I have more than enough crap cluttering up my systray without steam and its constant interuptions. I know its beta, but still this isn't leaving a good impression.

And sod the download a game idea... I like having my property, that I have payed for sitting in front of me, in a box. As mentioned b4, I can back it up, re-install with no hassles and delay, i don't need an internet connection at all for the single player experience, and i can sell it when i bore of it and put money towards buying something newer with the proceeds. You pays yer money, you makes yer choice.

I thought originally steam was going to be a user freindly transparent upgrade/patch system. Need the latest patch for that buggy shitty software/game - no problem its updated for you in the background while you're reading your mail or playing another game, or having a dump, etc. No searching for it on 'no-fee' d/load service sites and buggering around - its all done for you.
Thats a nice simple effective service. I get the impression its all gonna fall on its arse anyway, but this is the way providers of all sorts of services want things to go (piped movies/games/pay-per-view/etc).

I've only had a very quick go on CS 1.6, but it seems to have some interesting changes. Not sure about the riot shield yet. New cheaper rifles are damned handy.

See you on the 1.6 servers.

Brimstone.

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older