Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for baron von richtofen

Real Name baron von richtofen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sir
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2003, 12:53
Total Comments 631 (Apprentice)
User ID 17694

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer
10. Re: AvP Survivor Mode Preview, Trailer Jan 21, 2010, 12:52 sir

Will it measure up to the first two games? I doubt it, but I reckon it'll be good enough to justify paying 17.99.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jan 19, 2010, 18:21 sir

I'd say it's a shit wage conisdering the talent and skills required as well as the hours they have to put in on a regular basis, not to mention 'crunch time'. I make roughly $26k a year for a 27-hour week with 5 weeks paid holiday a year in my shitty postal worker job, so these guys probably deserve a bit more.  

News Comments > NPD All-Time Top 10
8. Re: NPD All-Time Top 10 Jan 19, 2010, 18:11 sir

Mark wrote on Jan 19, 2010, 17:47:
Namco Museum? That relatively obscure Playstation game? It seemed to be very niche in the west, maybe it was a massive seller in Japan?

IIRC Namco Museum has Xevious on it, which is apparently still held in very high regard in Japan. And in my house

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator "Kill Moves" Trailer
9. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Jan 18, 2010, 14:33 sir

This game can be pre-ordered on Amazon UK for 17.99 - biggest no brainer since Porsche Girl splattered her cerebrum over a concrete stanchion.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Klingon Interview
3. Re: Star Trek Online Klingon Interview Jan 17, 2010, 14:32 sir

I knew STO would be bad, but as a trekker I had resigned myself to buying it..until I played the open beta. It's far worse than I feared, and at this stage I can't see myself parting with the necessary moolah to play what amounts to a steaming pile of spaceborne shite. However, if it had murderous sentient rocks, like the ones from TOS, I might yet be swayed  

News Comments > IO on Gerstmann-gate
1. Re: IO on Gerstmann-gate Jan 16, 2010, 20:04 sir

I can't believe that Gerstmann-gate was over two years ago. Where does the time go? Answers on a postcard, please, to cashforgoodreviews@gamespot.com  

News Comments > The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed
7. Re: The Old Republic Spring 2011 Plan Confirmed Jan 12, 2010, 14:33 sir

Wrong franchise I know, but there are free (yes, free) open beta places still available in Star Trek Online. Just log in to a free Fileplanet account and within a few clicks you can get yourself a beta key and get queued to download the client ( I got my key about half an hour ago).

/public service announcement

News Comments > Star Trek Online Beta Details, Interviews
13. Re: Star Trek Online Beta Details, Interviews Jan 12, 2010, 14:12 sir

Ant wrote on Jan 12, 2010, 11:01:
S2M wrote on Jan 12, 2010, 04:21:
I am in like Flynn for this.

Seven bucks through FilePlanet for a look at the beta sure beats fifty bucks to find out it stinks.
Should be free.

It is free - I just logged into my entirely free Fileplanet account (which I haven't used in god knows how many years), clicked on a few links, got a beta key and am now downloading the client.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: Aberdeen Man forced to choose between wife and Thrall statue Jan 6, 2010, 11:43 sir

Having seen the picture containing both the Thrall and his wife, I don't envy him such a tough decision.  

News Comments > EA on Tiger Woods
4. Re: EA on Tiger Woods Jan 5, 2010, 12:59 sir

Wonder what they will call the next game though? How about Tiger Woods: 72 holes in four days.  

News Comments > Rumored Fallout: New Vegas Details
10. Re: Rumored Fallout: New Vegas Details Jan 4, 2010, 16:32 sir

While I appreciate that subjectivity is key, I've never understood the seemingly unquestioning reverence with which the (first) Fallout games are held. It's one of those few franchises that you're almost not allowed to dislike, and if you do, better don a heavy duty rad suit to ward off all the sniping 'roaches that'll crawl out of the woodwork to belittle your opinion.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2009, 16:35 sir

Two and a half hours to go here in the UK until the big red fat man explodes and showers me in L4D2 goodness, Merry Christmas everybodies!  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Trailer, Interview
2. Re: Star Trek Online Trailer, Interview Dec 21, 2009, 17:12 sir

I don't understand why they continue to bother with these gameplay trailers every few days. Anyone with any sense already knows to steer clear of this game, whereas hapless trekheads such as myself are going to buy it, even if it ships with a picture of a klingon turd on the box (do they have ridges, does anybody know?).

This comment was edited on Dec 21, 2009, 17:13.

News Comments > Narbacular Drop/Portal Interview
3. Re: Narbacular Drop/Portal Interview Dec 21, 2009, 13:53 sir

I remember playing ND a few months before Portal came out and being totally unimpressed by it. Admittedly it was novel idea, but it was Valve's almighty spit and polish that turned its premise into an enjoyable game. I wonder how her next project will fare, and how much input she had in ND in the first place.  

News Comments > On Star Trek Online's Klingons
5. Re: On Star Trek Online's Klingons Dec 18, 2009, 11:51 sir

*Klingon bird of prey breaks stealth
*Klingon bird of prey dodges your photon torpedo
*Klingon bird of prey backstabs you for 140000 damage
*you die

News Comments > SEGA Wins Aus AvP Appeal
1. Re: SEGA Wins Aus AvP Appeal Dec 18, 2009, 10:59 sir

Let's saddle up, Apone.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Quinto Trailer, Klingon PvP Details
1. Re: Star Trek Online Quinto Trailer, Klingon Details Dec 17, 2009, 12:02 sir

All my idols are either dead or decrepit. I look at this guy and can't help thinking that he's just a kid playing at space cowboys and indians.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Conman dubbed 'The Man' made millions in 'biggest ever eBay fraud'. Dec 16, 2009, 11:58 sir

I'm becoming more and more wary of buying anything of any significance on eBay thanks to the volume of counterfeiters that now seem to ply their trade there. Videogames and small nik naks are my limit these days, whereas I use to buy expensive guitars and other 'big ticket' items from that site.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Trailer
6. Re: Star Trek Online Trailer Dec 14, 2009, 16:39 sir

It's a metaphysical certainty that I'm going to buy this game, even though the ghost of Ricardo Montalban is whispering in my ear that it's going to be complete wank.

This comment was edited on Dec 14, 2009, 16:40.

News Comments > Age of Conan Free Trial Offer
3. Re: Age of Conan Free Trial Offer Dec 14, 2009, 13:53 sir

Nice. Is the game much better now? I never played it before.

I haven't played it since about a month after launch. As I mentioned below, the first twenty levels are quite good - you can switch between a single player and a grouped experience depending on whether you play during 'day time' or 'night time', not to mention that all of the quest givers are vocalized. After level twenty, however, it's a whole different ballgame - unless much has changed since I played.

631 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo