Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for baron von richtofen

Real Name baron von richtofen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sir
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2003, 12:53
Total Comments 632 (Apprentice)
User ID 17694

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Long-Tenured Senator Helped Shape Alaska. Aug 11, 2010, 11:48 sir

But obviously not in the same way that Slartibartfast helped shape Norway..he won an award for that, you know.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
37. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 10, 2010, 16:41 sir

Excellent demo. What with this game and Starcraft 2, PC gaming is in a really happy place right now. And for anyone not wanting to 'spoil' their enjoyment of the full game, there is a disclaimer at the start that states that the demo scenario won't be in the full game, and is just there for, err, demo purposes.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Wikipedia’s Lamest Edit Wars Aug 9, 2010, 10:28 sir

I only ever tried to edit a Wikipedia article once. Well, several times actually, but that's the point that the above linked article gets across so vividly. The obsessive shitehawk who maintained the Falklands War page on Wiki kept deleting my addition of a band and song to the "Cultural Impact" section, to the point where I got fed up and started adding gibberish just to piss him off. So if you're bored and have nothing to do at the moment, feel free to copy "Spear of Destiny - Mickey" and paste it multiple times over in the pertinent section of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_the_Falklands_War

Who knows, maybe the inflexible twit might relent and actually do some research to discover that it was arguably the most significant musical lament to arise from that brief little spat in the Southern Atlantic.

News Comments > Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails?
8. Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Aug 8, 2010, 15:48 sir

"Is the gameplay a hit?"
"Negative, negative, it didn't go in..it just impacted on the surface."

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2010, 17:08 sir

Hang on in there, Blue. The death of someone close can have a strange effect - after the death of my dad I became addicted to MMoRPGs, although that was obviously out of a need to find a distracting 'happy place' rather than an overwhelming desire to bash rats on the head.  

News Comments > More StarCraft II Sales Figures
29. Re: More StarCraft II Sales Figures Aug 2, 2010, 15:41 sir

Zyrxil wrote on Aug 2, 2010, 11:31:
Ah, but as the article points out, the dirty Brits passed on Starcraft 1, which never even broke top-40 in the UK, so it's not that amazing.

You've misread the post - the article states that the game didn't manage to top the top 40, i.e. get to number one, but from what I recall, it was a massive hit in the UK during 1998, certainly one of the biggest sellers.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2010, 17:49 sir

Sorry to hear of your loss Blue. My own father was a heavy smoker and a heavy drinker who died at the relatively young age of 59 from a heart attack, to which his two vices undoubtedly contributed. As a result I'm a 90% teetotal, 100% smoke-free bloke, whose only real vices are videogames and a certain website that caters to them. But as nin said, take some time out if you need it, we'll all be here when you get back.  

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
1. Re: Steam Top Sellers Jul 25, 2010, 15:37 sir

Surely Alien Swarm should be number one on this list? A bargain at 100 times the price  

News Comments > Quarter-Century Amiga Retrospectives
3. Re: Quarter-Century Amiga Retrospectives Jul 25, 2010, 15:35 sir

My enduring memory of the original beige box is playing Sid Meier's Colonization, and waiting up to 45 minutes for my trusty old Amiga 500 to take its turn.  

News Comments > Doctor Who: The Adventure Games Available Worldwide
15. Re: Doctor Who: The Adventure Games Available Worldwide Jul 24, 2010, 18:37 sir

No need to be defensive. I read somewhere that more than 50% of BP's directors are American, not to mention the fact that it's a multi-national company, regardless of the 'B' part.

Anyway, at least we have something in common with our American cousins - we once again know what it is like to be reviled by millions in a distant part of the world.

News Comments > Doctor Who: The Adventure Games Available Worldwide
8. Re: Doctor Who: The Adventure Games Available Worldwide Jul 24, 2010, 13:12 sir

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 24, 2010, 12:05:
If you are a big Doctor Who fan like myself these are well worth $4... they feel like interactive episodes and have some good writing.

If you are not a big Doctor Who fan these offer you nothing.

Precisely. I wasn't that enthralled by the gameplay, but thought that the dialogue between the Doc and that ginger bint was quite good.

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Online Details, Screenshots
9. Re: Battlestar Galactica Online Details, Screenshots Jul 23, 2010, 10:24 sir

Browser based? I bet they'll nickel and dime us to death, in which case it should be called Battlestore Galactica..
Battlestore galactica, geddit? I'll get me coat.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 18, 2010, 16:46 sir

APB continues to sell well despite the less than stellar reviews. Not that I'm complaining, mind, as I quite enjoyed it myself.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow
1. Re: StarCraft II Beta Ends Tomorrow Jul 18, 2010, 16:45 sir

SO is it any good then? Anyone?  

News Comments > Pachter: Activision Should Charge for CoD Multiplayer
15. Re: Kotick/Schafer Episode 3: Return of the Jedi Jul 16, 2010, 13:23 sir

I'm guessing that it's no co-incidence that his surname rhymes with sphincter.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. From the IGN review of APB.. Jul 13, 2010, 13:36 sir

"I got burnt out about 20 hours in. There’s simply not enough content to keep the average gamer going."

And yet he still awards the game 7.7 out of 10 and a concise "good" rating.

News Comments > Defending All Points Bulletin
3. Re: Defending All Points Bulletin Jul 5, 2010, 14:34 sir

I really enjoyed the time I spent in the closed beta, which was about 90 hours in total. My only criticisms would be of the game's noob unfriendliness (going in cold, you can expect to get wasted by better equipped and more tactically aware players for days/weeks), the match making system (see previous point), weapon imbalance (the dreaded and ubiquitous n-tec being the main culprit) and the currently limited game world (there's only two, admittedly massive play areas at present). The good bits? I enjoyed the driving and the shooting. That might not sound like much, until you consider that they are the two core mechanics of the gameplay.

Edit: Forgot one last criticism - what they really need is a 'chaos' server, where anyone can kill anyone else at any time, instead of the current format where the pvp is restricted to a small team format.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2010, 14:44.

News Comments > GoGamer & SHMUP Sale
2. Re: GoGamer & SHMUP Sale Jul 3, 2010, 12:23 sir

Bleh, I wish these all these sales would just go away, I can't stop spending. You know what they say, a fool and cheap videogames are soon united.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jul 2, 2010, 14:37 sir

I was almost tempted to make an account at PC Gamer to rebutt some of the reviewer's points, but laziness won out in the end - as it did with his review. The comment about having to "plan turns a good few hundred metres before intersections" was laughable, perhaps he had mistakenly found himself piloting a ship in San Paro's harbour region. More likely, he's a bit prone to over-exaggeration, something which has no place in a supposedly accurate review. While there were a few valid criticisms, by and large it's an article that should be filed under the "Haven't played it much and got destroyed by those who have, so I'll trash it" category.  

News Comments > Aliens vs Predator Patched
3. Re: Aliens vs Predator Patched Jun 29, 2010, 14:18 sir

The single player campaigns were regrettable & forgettable, but I had some fun with multiplayer for a few weeks. Sadly the game modes that I liked now have very few (populated) servers, as the mindless masses have reverted to deathmatch.  

632 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo