Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for baron von richtofen

Real Name baron von richtofen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sir
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2003, 12:53
Total Comments 654 (Apprentice)
User ID 17694

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > AIAS Lifetime Achievement Award for Bing Gordon
3. Re: AIAS Lifetime Achievement Award for Bing Gordon Jan 16, 2011, 04:51 sir

Bing Gordon's alive!!! Dispatch War Rocket Ajax..to bring back his body! Bing! A-HA! Savior of the universe!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Trapped Dead German Demo
3. Re: Trapped Dead German Demo Jan 13, 2011, 04:27 sir

Trapped Dead German? I'm sure there's a 'Hitler in his bunker' joke in there somewhere.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2011, 17:34 sir

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 11:42:
The Advocate wrote on Jan 3, 2011, 09:47:
RIP Pete Postlewaite.

Guy was a great actor and very believable in every role he played.

Agreed. He was a bloody brilliant actor, and I really enjoyed his work immensely. That's a sad way to start the new year. Still, 64 is a decent run.

Sixty four is a decent run? You must be a kid to think that..just wait a few years, then you'll be saying "what a young age to go.."

And R.I.P. Pete, you were a true salt-of-the-earth fella, and great in Alien 3 and Brassed Off.

News Comments > Dynasty Warriors Online Open Beta
1. Re: Dynasty Warriors Online Open Beta Nov 12, 2010, 12:08 sir

Sorry, I can't help it - every time I see a story with this game's title I think of Joan Collins and Linda Evans slugging it out in a swimming pool.  

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 8, 2010, 17:46 sir

nin wrote on Nov 8, 2010, 11:06:
The brits love their sims! I can only guess this is due to allowing them to build a dream home that has the space and yard most folks over there only dream of.

One of the penalties you have to pay for living in the fourth most densely populated country in the world. It could be worse, look at the poor South Koreans, they barely have enough room in their rooms to swing a salted dog around.

News Comments > The Old Republic Delay?
5. Re: The Old Republic Delay? Nov 6, 2010, 15:17 sir

"WoW, when gone am I, the last of the MMoGs will you be. Pass on what you have learned."  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc.Chinese gamers growing "weary of the monotony" of MMORPGs Oct 5, 2010, 12:20 sir

If the nation that produces phalanxes of 18-hour-a-day gold farmers is growing weary, MMORPG developers should be very, very worried.  

News Comments > Minecraft Dev Starting Studio
7. Re: Minecraft Dev Starting Studio Sep 9, 2010, 08:40 sir

Kajetan wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 01:45:
Dev wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 01:38:
I seem to remember some interview or blog a week ago where he said they just wanted to chew the fat with him, I got the impression that valve has money coming out their ears.
Hmmm, money kills creativity. Hopefully, he doesn't become lazy. Hopefully, money doesn't corrupt him.

Since he seems intent on going it alone (well, starting his own studio at least) I would suggest that money isn't his sole motivation, as Valve probably offered him a mint, with the bitter pill being that he no longer controlled the creative direction and was part of a larger team a la Narbacular Drop's transmogrification into Portal. A shame really, as Portal was a massive improvement on ND - let's hope he can make a similar improvement by recruiting more to the cause.

News Comments > David Allen Speaks
28. Re: David Allen Speaks Sep 7, 2010, 13:35 sir

There's no denying that David Allen has an extremely large forehead. But, having studied both of their profile pics on their respective blogs, I have decided that Derek is telling the truth because his eyes are further apart.  

11. Re: David Allen Speaks Sep 7, 2010, 12:28 sir

dsmart wrote on Sep 7, 2010, 12:08:
Thats funny. Especially since I never lived in NC, am not the only Derek Smart in the US and certainly there are no Derek Smart's with criminal records, let alone arrest warrants anywhere in the US.

You should stand up and exclaim, "I'm Smarticus!!"

3. Re: David Allen Speaks Sep 7, 2010, 11:53 sir

An interesting read, and it paints Derek as a treacherous, lying, deceptive, conniving, thieving scumbag. I wonder what Derek's take on the matter would be?  

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lives
1. "We're not going to let this dream die, it's going to happen." Sep 6, 2010, 13:01 sir

From that comment, it sounds like it's still at the embryonic stage. For his sake, he'd better hope it doesn't jump out and tear his face off.  

News Comments > LucasArts Layoffs
6. Re: LucasArts Layoffs Sep 2, 2010, 01:35 sir

George Lucas: Put it away, silly boy.
The Force, unleashed: *ziiiiiiip!!*

News Comments > Valve Courting Minecraft Developer?
14. Re: Valve Courting Minecraft Developer? Aug 30, 2010, 17:14 sir

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 16:29:
After reading about this somewhere, I think a Penny Arcade, I tried it. My gameplay was a total failure. Note I'm blaming myself, not the game. Something was wrong; I think due to an incompatibility with the system I was on not everything was properly functioning. All I could do was walk, jump and break blocks - literally nothing else. Definitely wasn't right. Breaking blocks was moderately entertaining for five minutes, which sounds kind of pathetic haha, but I was definitely missing something somewhere. No buttons did anything, just block breaking.

I quit quickly and forgot to go back on a non-netbook. I'll try it tonight. Everyone I've talked to has had cool experience, and I didn't, either because the netbook was messing up or because the experience on a 10" screen was so disappointing that I didn't bother reading some documentation and going back.

There are different versions to try - the survival version has the nasty critters - http://www.minecraft.net/survivaltest/

There's multiplayer too, but I haven't tried that yet.

News Comments > Acclaim Closed
16. Re: Acclaim Closed Aug 27, 2010, 17:21 sir

MxxCon wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 16:48:
Folks, like the story says, don't confuse this crappy "Acclaim Games" that did no development of their own but rather just had publishing rights of those asian mmo, with the legendary "Acclaim Entertainment" that created such gems as NBA Jam, Turok and Mortal Kombat(1 and 2)

Not to mention Castlevania IV. The aim of that game wasn't to smite nor to maim, but to stake through the heart an eternal undead fart, whose claim to fame, other than his name, was a penchant for blood, sucked from victims, unwilling or game.

News Comments > Acclaim Closed
9. Re: Acclaim Closed Aug 27, 2010, 13:45 sir

No blame game from acclaim? Shame.  

News Comments > Ex-Devs Slam RTW
2. Re: Ex-Devs Slam RTW Aug 25, 2010, 10:58 sir

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 10:53:
And out come the knives. Can't say I'm surprised...

Not in the game they don't, it's guns only. Maybe that's why it failed..

News Comments > 130,000 APB Players
16. Re: 130,000 APB Players Aug 24, 2010, 17:22 sir

IIRC the game, as it ships, allows you to play for 90 hours in the action districts, after which you have to pay through the nose for more play time. The average APB junkie would tear through those 90 hours in about a week, because in that game power leveling = bigger, better, badder guns to own the nubs with.  

News Comments > RTW Staff Rescue?
2. Re: RTW Staff Rescue? Aug 18, 2010, 13:45 sir

Yup, cold wet and miserable. That's why I moved to sub-tropical England.  

News Comments > Realtime Worlds in Administration
6. Re: Realtime Worlds in Administration Aug 17, 2010, 17:14 sir

What a sorry state of affairs. I played in the closed beta of the game and found it to be enjoyable but very newbie unfriendly, which is what probably killed it for many of the reviewers, who undoubtedly spent most of their time having their asses handed to them in shotgun cartridge sized portions.  

654 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo