Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for baron von richtofen

Real Name baron von richtofen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sir
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2003, 12:53
Total Comments 631 (Apprentice)
User ID 17694

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog
22. Re: No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog Nov 30, 2016, 16:32 sir

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 11:27:
It's like how the police always investigate themselves and find in favor of their own 99.7% of the time.

Is that an accurate figure, or did you just pluck it out of your surveillance camera?

Generally, the UK ASA is a very stringent body and will clamp down on anything that is a bit nebulous or downright misleading, although it has clearly fucked up on this occasion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 30, 2016, 16:17 sir

Be careful, Cutter, personal comments like that get you whacked over the head with a swingeing arc of the good ole banhammer.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
24. Re: removed Nov 30, 2016, 16:00 sir

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 15:57:
sir wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 15:56:
Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 20:40:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 29, 2016, 21:11.

Ah, the delicious irony. Here we are discussing freedom and Cutter, bless his poor troll soul, has had his curtailed. Thanks Blue

I just want you to know that every time I see your avatar, I read your post in a John Cleese voice.

Lol, that's cool nin, I think I'll be doing that too from now on

22. Re: removed Nov 30, 2016, 15:56 sir

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 20:40:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 29, 2016, 21:11.

Ah, the delicious irony. Here we are discussing freedom and Cutter, bless his poor troll soul, has had his curtailed. Thanks Blue

21. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 30, 2016, 15:51 sir

Rilcon wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 20:48:
sir wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 20:14:
Oh scary wary woo, now the powers that be will know that I occasionally look at videos of large breasted ladies and like watching classic rock videos on Youtube. Somebody lock me up already. It seems to me that the only people scared of this legislation are those with something sinister to hide. It's akin to that crap that's often spouted about how the UK is a horrible place to live as it is the most surveilled country in the Western world. Really? Well, I've lived here all my life and the supposedly Orwellian observation is completely non-intrusive. Unlike, say, a round from a semi-automatic AR-15. But we don't have many civilians wandering about with those over here.

I don't mean to be insulting, but after having lived about equal time interspersed in the US, UK, mainland Europe, and also a few years in western Asia, I gotta say that this is one of the dumbest comments I've ever read online. Like, it's at that teetering point where it might be coming from a place of absolute blind ignorance, or blatant trolling; and these days, it's really hard to tell which.

Seriously, it ticks all the boxes for a quote from a model citizen in some dystopic novel. Funny how so many of those take place in the UK...

I fail to see what your brief, text-based travelogue has to do with the supposed absurdity of my comment. Am I supposed to infer that living in western Asia (wherever that highly vague location may be) is preferable to living in the UK? Now who's making dumb comments. The fact that I live in one of the most surveilled countries in the West doesn't bother me one single bit. Really. But hey, please feel free to expend some impotent rage on my behalf

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2016, 20:14 sir

Oh scary wary woo, now the powers that be will know that I occasionally look at videos of large breasted ladies and like watching classic rock videos on Youtube. Somebody lock me up already. It seems to me that the only people scared of this legislation are those with something sinister to hide. It's akin to that crap that's often spouted about how the UK is a horrible place to live as it is the most surveilled country in the Western world. Really? Well, I've lived here all my life and the supposedly Orwellian observation is completely non-intrusive. Unlike, say, a round from a semi-automatic AR-15. But we don't have many civilians wandering about with those over here.  

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2016, 18:04 sir

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 11:17:
Popular opposition to the law has already provoked over 133,000 citizens to sign a petition calling for its repeal, and although that is unlikely to happen, the petition's motion must now be considered by Parliament.

133,000 out of 65 million people. Kind of says it all about how most Brits value their privacy and allowing Big Brother to do whatever they want. Very sad indeed.

Actually it says more about how this story has successfully flown under the radar and received little coverage since it first became an issue, but don't let that get in the way of your obvious attempt at trolling.

News Comments > Farming Simulator 17 Sells 1M
3. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Sells 1M Nov 24, 2016, 17:41 sir

Not my bag, but if they gave it a Star Wars skin and called it Tatooine Crop Rotator I might warm to it, especially if you had to save Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen from a roasting.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2016, 14:00 sir

Many happy returns, Blue  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2016, 16:58 sir

Rigs wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 16:32:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 12:59:
Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 11:36:
Maybe at least people will stop whining about the US for a few minutes now.

Unlikely. The UK is an irrelevant player on the world stage compared to the US or China.

They could make forced anal dildoing at 4pm daily compulsory and no one would give a shit if a Kardashian nip slipped in a Walmart.

Speaking of which...have any of you seen the Daily Mail online?! Geezus, what a shit show of nothing but bullshit! Half of it is nothing but Kardashian this and Kardashian that. Makes me sick! Worse than over here in the US! The Brits need to get their naval empire back, I think they're losing some perspective...

=-Rigs-=

Ostensibly it's a trashy British publication, but it's pandering to a global audience, and more specifically, a US one, hence the frequent usage of US rather than UK English and the obsession with predominantly US celebrities.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Nov 18, 2016, 16:36 sir

She did do well, but then she did live in England for a number of years as a child.  

News Comments > Return Zero VR Released
1. Re: Return Zero VR Released Sep 13, 2016, 14:44 sir

So, you have to spend $1500-plus to play a game that looks like a rejected scene from The Lawnmower Man...no thanks, think I'll wait for the next VR craze, hopefully not for another 10 years or so.  

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Begins
3. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Begins Aug 11, 2016, 17:37 sir

DangerDog wrote on Aug 11, 2016, 16:17:
It's always up to the people making mods to fix these games, I understand there is a pretty good one for IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.

No, you mentioned Cliffs of Dover, now I'll have to listen to this a few hundred times again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nAwmVLQSk

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
11. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 16, 2016, 19:09 sir

I'll see your "Star Citizen - The Search For More Money" and raise you a Dollar Denizen VI: The Undiscovered Money Tree.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin
4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin Jun 17, 2016, 12:18 sir

I have a bad feeling about this..  

News Comments > Save 50%
8. Re: Save 50% May 12, 2016, 21:03 sir

Save 50% by paying 2,000 now...
plus 15 when we reach Alderaan.

News Comments > Judas TMed
4. Re: Judas TMed Apr 22, 2016, 15:44 sir

"Judas! You sold my hide. But you won't enjoy that money, not a penny."  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2016, 14:28 sir

I don't have a problem with Videosift ads myself. They may be embedding Youtube video most of the time, but they deserve some (financial?) credit for searching out (mostly) interesting clips.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 4, 2016, 16:23 sir

I used to have problems getting my wife's kids to go to sleep at a decent hour. Then I started taking the router power supply to my bedroom when I went to sleep ( I worked early shifts) and the problem disappeared overnight. All it takes is a little parental discipline.  

News Comments > On DOOM's Campaign Length
6. Re: On DOOM's Campaign Length Feb 14, 2016, 15:46 sir

Doom was the first game I ever played on PC, so the very fact that it's got the DOOM name attached makes me a mite excited, even if ID doyen Carmack has long since scarpered to pastures new.  

631 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo