Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for baron von richtofen

Real Name baron von richtofen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname sir
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2003, 12:53
Total Comments 654 (Apprentice)
User ID 17694

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2017, 13:24 sir

I can't believe Sonny Landham was 46 when he starred in Predator. RIP Sonny, the echo of your laugh at Hawkins' 'pussy' joke will live on forever.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 11:53 sir

I think the point that he's making is that it's staggering that CIG sees the need to take out a loan in the first place, considering how much $$$ they've fired into some nebulous enterprise.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 14, 2017, 20:17 sir

Old Chinese proverb say, "Man who buy wife present from gas station, end up eating at gas station"  

News Comments > NY Times on Star Citizen
12. Re: Re: NY Times on Star Citizen May 11, 2017, 03:55 sir

"A sentient, massive entity which threatened Earth in 2271, en route to find its "Creator." In doing so, W'Cer destroyed anything it encountered by digitizing it for its memory chamber.
Generating a power field "cloud" about itself of over 22 AUs in diameter, the entity had gained sentience after unknown aliens repaired the old Earth video game that formed its core Wing Commander IV, whose name in corrupted English gave the sentience its name.
The entity, which viewed organic lifeforms as carbon-based units "investing" in starships, later joined with Starfleet's Lt. Ilia and Cmdr. Chris Roberts and evolved into a higher, yet unknown lifeform."

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 3, 2017, 16:06 sir

Killer Kane wrote on May 3, 2017, 11:58:
"Hey Janelle, what's wrong with Wolfie?"

Pretty cool, but I prefer "I love you too, sweetheart" from the original.

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
23. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 20:41 sir

Finally, our Teutonic chums will be able to witness the ant lions in all their goose stepping glory  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2017, 19:00 sir

Happy 21st Anniversary Blue! Transposition is a bitch, as I only made it to 12 years, but here's to hoping you guys stay together for another 21  

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
26. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 19:57 sir

SFanderson wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 16:42:
I can't help but laugh every time I see Star Citizen on blues. The people here are an overwhelming minority with regards to their views on this game. Like seriously, this is the Westboro Baptist Church of the gaming community.

Perfect summation of Blues vitriol towards this game is the homeless guy here: https://youtu.be/phxRZXd6r9E?t=12

Hahaha

Neat video, but I think the roles are slightly skew whiff, as we're not the ones who are likely to end up homeless as a result of spunking money on a nebulous, sprawling, never-to-see-the-light-of-day space train wreck.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap
37. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 19:49 sir

WaltC wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 08:18:
Wouldn't it be wonderful if all of the armchair RSI financial critics and prognosticators of Star Citizen doom & gloom would apply the same hypercritical yardstick to the runaway US federal government in terms of the long-running deficit-spending con it's been running on the American people for the last 50 years (at least)? Hallelujah!...;) You bet it would be a refreshing change!

I might be tempted to do that Walt, but for two things:

1. I come here to read about, and discuss, video games.
2. I'm not American, so US fiscal policy doesn't really interest me at all.

26. Re: Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Plans Apr 16, 2017, 05:40 sir

Kxmode wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 18:37:
Chris Roberts: "No one has ever attempted to build a game as ambitious as Star Citizen and I doubt any publisher would have the patience or stamina that it requires to build something that breaks molds the way Star Citizen does."

Classic Chris Roberts. He now promises Star Citizen can break molds.

Effectively, he's a calling it a big, wobbly amorphous jelly, without form or function.

Edit: Does anyone have a link to a graph, with decades elapsed on the x-axis and dollars spunked on the y-axis to see if funding is tailing off for this farce?

This comment was edited on Apr 16, 2017, 06:01.

5. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly & Roadmap Apr 15, 2017, 14:19 sir

Ben Kenobi: We'll pay you two thousand now, plus fifteen when we reach Alderaan.
Chris Roberts: Seventeen? [Ben nods] Okay, you guys got yourselves a ship. We'll be ready when you are. Docking Bay 94.

/Exit Kenobi & Skywalker

Chris Roberts: Seventeen Thousand! Those guys must really be desperate. Chewie, get back to the ship and prepare the hype drive.

News Comments > Don Bradman Cricket 17 Released
9. Re: Don Bradman Cricket 17 Released Jan 17, 2017, 19:26 sir

It's worse than that, they actually burn their equipment at the end of the game! I believe it was the great Hendrix himself who witnessed such incendiary behaviour, subsequently being inspired to burn his own 'bat' after each music match that he played.  

News Comments > Don Bradman Cricket 17 Released
3. Re: Don Bradman Cricket 17 Released Jan 17, 2017, 12:57 sir

If you only buy one Don Bradman-endorsed product this year, make sure it's Don Bradman Cricket (17)!!  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 19:30 sir

SlimRam wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 18:31:
George Michael just died, he was 53.

I would say,"Suck it 2016" but somehow, this doesn't seem...quite right to say *cough*.

That's saddened me..he always seemed like a decent fella, except when he was being erm, indecent. RIP George.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2016, 16:48 sir

Merry Christmas to all  

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers
25. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers Dec 24, 2016, 18:36 sir

"Fast Buck" Roberts in the 25th Century

In the year 2012, Kickstarter launched one of the last of America's deep wallet probes. Aboard this compact starship sim a lone astronaut, Captain Chris "Fast Buck" Roberts, was to experience comical forces beyond all comprehension. In a freak mishap, his hooker-and-blow-support systems were overloaded by cash injections beyond imagination. Star Citizen was blown out of its plan trajectory into a developmental orbit 1,000 times more vast, an orbit which was to return "Fast Buck" Roberts to earth 500 years later. *cue music*

37. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2016, 07:36 sir

My favourite "Christmas" movie isn't set at the North Pole, it's set at the South. It's got everything you need from a festive film, loads of snow and ice, a whisky drinking chess computer and a shape shifting alien lifeform that wants to unite mankind. It's John Carpenter's The Thing.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2016, 14:14 sir

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 12:31:
So, I'm completely unfamiliar with this Snowman story/film. Which is odd because we generally get everything here in the colonies which is a mainstay back at home. This is a regular thing in Britain? Here it's always the Rankin and Bass specials, Rudolph in particular.

It's a fair bet that you'll find The Snowman on one of the channels at Christmas in the UK. It's one of the staples, along with the queen's speech, Sergio Leone's Spaghetti western trilogy and The Great Escape.

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
1. Re: Vampyr Trailer Dec 23, 2016, 13:59 sir

Given the thick Mockney accents in that trailer and the theme of involuntary plasma transfusion, I think they should have called it Bloody Hell.  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 18, 2016, 15:19 sir

"We're picking something up on the long range scan, captain"
"What is it, ensign?"
"I'm not sure Captain, it seems to be some kind of amorphous, dollar hungry space based blob, it's consuming cash at a hitherto unknown rate."
"Evasive maneuvers, ensign."
"Aye sir, changing course."

654 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo