Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah Bope

Real Name Blah Bope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Choachy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 27, 2003, 17:23
Total Comments 40 (Suspect)
User ID 17595

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2017, 14:58 Choachy

While other sites have come and gone, this is one that I still continue to check every single day. Keep it up, Blue!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 6, 2017, 11:06 Choachy

Slashdot turns 20! And its last visitor was in 2014.

Seriously tho. I remember when almost every article would get over 1,000 comments. Now they are lucky to break 50 or 100. Guessing this is due to Reddit.

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
7. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 11:11 Choachy

I like how some people are STILL trying to defend this game...or lack of game. I think everyone who contributed should get a refund.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2017, 14:24 Choachy

NKD wrote on May 10, 2017, 11:27:
I think a large part of it is that most people only rarely need a contractor of this sort. They haven't established a process of finding the right person for the job. They don't know where to look. Often times, like with Blue's experience, they rely on a personal recommendation.

But unless that personal recommendation is from someone who has used the contractor two dozen times, or from someone who knows their shit with regards to the work being done, it doesn't actually mean much. Even a shitty contractor can do a fantastic job once in a while. So if my buddy recommends me someone who they used one time, I'm not giving that a lot of weight. Their good job they did could easily just be a fluke.

I'm not even sure I'd know what to do to get a good contractor. Most of the people I used in the past are retired now, because I knew them through my grandfather who was a Business Manager at a trade union. These days there's a lot of resources for finding good contractors online, but also a lot of noise, and paid ratings etc.

You bring up good points, and I agree. In my case, I interviewed (they think it's a sales pitch...I think think its an interview) 5 of the biggest contractors in town. Some of these are national chains. The problem in my case was the large regional company just turned around and subcontracted the job to Joe SixPack who was responsible for no-shows, bad communication, not honoring contract, among faulty install, bad repair, etc. (there were legal issues, blah blah, its all been settled).

In my opinion, the main problem with the contractor industry is business management. I honestly believe most of these folks are skilled craftsmen who know what they are doing (ok, majority maybe). But they simply don't know how to run a business.

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2017, 10:35 Choachy

This is a rhetorical thinking out loud thought, but why do so many people have problems with contractors? We had an awful experience with a siding and window contractor. And it seems no matter who you talk to, if they've dealt with a contractor, they've had a bad contractor experience. Is it the nature of the business? Or rather, how they do business? Do they try to juggle too much? Is it an intelligence thing?
It seems like if you are honest, diligent, and skilled enough you could make a KILLING as a contractor because the bar is set so low by all the bad ones out there.

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
8. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 08:29 Choachy

Have they said anything about different game play modes yet?

I desperately want to see Rocket Arena and CTF. I'm sure they will have mod support.

News Comments > Game Developers Choice Awards
11. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 2, 2017, 15:12 Choachy

Innovation Award: No Man's Sky

Really? All credibility lost.

Best Audio: Inside

I don't have a big problem with this, but Battlefield I had MUCH better audio than Inside. I just bought Inside last week and played through it twice. Audio is good...but not as good and fine tuned as BF1.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 10:36 Choachy

BluePlantation. I reckon y'all kids will sit a spell on the porch and settle right in.  

News Comments > Splash Damage Self-Publishing Dirty Bomb
3. Re: Splash Damage Self-Publishing Dirty Bomb Feb 6, 2017, 00:33 Choachy

Dirty Bomb is one of those games I love to play. I don't play it often, but its always a game I keep going back to.

I think it has some of the best feel of a FPS that I've played. The combat and weapons just feel really good. I hope they can make it work. It definitely has its issues. Its taken them long enough just to add casual match making so you can play on the same team with your friends. Oh wait, that feature still isnt in.

News Comments > GeForce Now Streaming Announced
13. Re: GeForce Now Streaming Announced Jan 5, 2017, 11:12 Choachy

I can see this definitely having a use for someone like myself who loves to game, but can't always stay on the latest hardware. For example, I just upgraded about 6 months ago from my well used GeForce 560 to a 960.

Plus I travel a lot. Being able to take a decent work laptop and still play some games on a streamed high end system would be sweet. Finding reliable bandwidth while travelling would be the bigger problem.

News Comments > Asheron's Call Games Ending
15. Re: Asheron's Call Games Ending Dec 21, 2016, 08:25 Choachy

Kxmode wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 22:50:
Korrd wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 22:27:
To this day I'll still talk people's ears off about AC's magic system. I remember the hours I spent in magic shops, combining reagents in different ways, trying to figure out the right combination for a new spell. What a fucking joy it was. I heard they replaced that years ago with the usual NPC trainers that teach spells with a click of your mouse, but man, figuring it out for yourself was so much fun.

Absolutely. One cherished memory was figuring out the recipe to teleport to Ithaenc Cathedral on the Vesayen Isles. Every mob on that island was an instant death. But boy was that fun. Also figuring out the teleport to Ayan Baqur was awesome! I remember always thinking "I'm in the Direlands! I'm so elite!"

I played AC for many years, and it was my first MMORPG. I guess I played it until WoW came out. And I had completely forgotten about the spell learning system. Burning through tapers left and right to learn a spell. Fizzling spells on cast because I wasnt high enough to get 100% was awesome. I remember the big world events where the devs would control the big demon shadow guy (can't remember his name) and Asheron.

Two of my fondest memories of the game besides the many friends I made in it:
Crafting the sword that could be one of 4 elements using all those ingots (I cant remember the name of anything now). It took me a long time to collect those mats, but man, it was an accomplishment when I did it.

And collecting some random plate boots, mentioning it in chat, and some guy offering to pay real cash for them. This is the one and only time in ANY video game ever, that I sold an item for real money. I gave the boots to a trustworthy third party to hold them while this guy physically mailed me a check (think pre-paypal).

Now Im going to have to look up some AC videos and reminisce.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
5. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 10:26 Choachy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 10:12:
I think I speak for everyone on bluesnews, when I say this delay comes as a complete surprise.

^ THIS!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2016, 10:30 Choachy

Oh, that's clever...took me a minute.  

News Comments > The Division Season Pass Details
10. Re: The Division Season Pass Details Jan 29, 2016, 00:18 Choachy

I loathe these season passes!! Thats why I didnt buy Star Wars: Battlefront. Not going to pay $60 for a game + $50 season pass just to keep up with the latest maps.

Its stupid to pay $110 for these games.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale Next Week?
4. Re: Steam Winter Sale Next Week? Dec 17, 2015, 13:28 Choachy

Retired wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 12:49:
Nothing really to buy anymore. I guess maybe gifts....

I like Gifts.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2014, 15:08 Choachy

Nooo!! I went on vacation and completely forgot to make my picks for week 13! I've been sitting around 4th-5th place all year and only 5 out of first. Oh well....  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 28, 2014, 21:46 Choachy

US sues AT&T, alleges severe throttling of unlimited data customers.

Thats the best news I've seen all day!! I still have an unlimited data plan with AT&T and I've been traveling a lot this month. I reached my 5 GB soft cap with 16 days left in my billing cycle. Its been brutal! I can barely load a website now in a reasonable amount of time. Been so pissed at AT&T. Speedtest app showed I was throttled down from 4G LTE speeds, to about .3 mb/s.

Unlimited data my ass. Definitely behind the FTC on this one!

News Comments > WoW to Add Level-up Purchases
5. Re: WoW to Add Level-up Purchases Jan 17, 2014, 09:58 Choachy

They are in the business of making money. And as long as people are willing to pay for it for a game that is over 9 years old, I can't blame them.  

118. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2013, 10:39 Choachy

With all the Hudson stories you've shared over the years, I felt like I knew that dog without ever meeting it. Sorry for your loss. Having recently put down our 15 year old retriever...In my experience, nothing but time will heal. Dogs love us unconditionally, and they are always there to greet you like its the happiest day of their life, no matter what kind of day you had. That's a part of our family that I miss.

RIP Hudson.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 12:33 Choachy

Your comment is about as bad as that article. In your bitching about them generalizing, you tried to generalize and it didnt even make sense.

When Apple used Google's map app on previous iOS versions, it sucked. When Appled tried to make their own, it sucked. Thats why i used Waze. Or one of the other numerous map apps that work just fine. That has nothing to do with phone problems.

My iphone cal syncs with my Exchange server without a problem, and has for a long time. WTF mate.

The iphone 5 battery is so much better than they were on my HTC and Samsung phones. But I think battery life is directly related to user knowledge. Dont leave GPS apps running all the time, turn off bluetooth if you dont use it, etc. Shit like that.

40 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo