Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for grudgebearer

Real Name grudgebearer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname grudgebearer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description ET-JUNKIE
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2003, 17:07
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 17580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek Online Revelations
78. Re: No subject Jul 28, 2008, 22:08 grudgebearer

SamuraiSaint
Flame smart all you want but those last screenshots he showed of his upcoming galactic command game are cool.

Decent for 2002, maybe, cool by today's standards...only if you are high.

No its not crysis but it is obviously the inside of an entire capital ship. Who has ever done that before?

Who has ever needed to? How fun is a game that renders the 3rd bathroom on deck 3, but has gameplay mechanics that make "playing" it feel like hide-and-seek with command keys?

Mr. Smart is an easy target but he does deserve some credit. I ahve always found his games fun considering they are an indy space *simulation* on a large scale.

If he is going to sling mud he needs to clean up his own first. When you put out a game that looks as bad as his do, you have no room to criticize.

Anyone who slames his games has obviously

a. Never actually played one for any length of time
b. Hates detailed simulation games
c. Just likes to flame the guy no matter what.

I love a good detailed simulation when they are actually designed to be fun to play instead of designed with the goal being to have the most cumbersome and non-intuitive interface imagined.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 22:21.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

65. Re: ... Jul 28, 2008, 18:31 grudgebearer

It is adblock and/or filterset G, I had the same thing happen last time Derk came on here grandstanding and posting links to his garbage.

Turn off adblock and refresh the page and you should see them.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

63. Re: DSmart Jul 28, 2008, 18:29 grudgebearer

the_culture
I think this is my favorite screen yet: http://www.3000ad.com/pics/gcES/08-02-20/PHOTO009.PNG

At first I thought my LCD monitor was melting from the inside... then I realized it was supposed to look like that.

After the accountants went home today I secretly replaced this photo as their desktop background and set the taskbar to autohide...It will be interesting to see what kind of reaction a DerkSmart screen shot illicits from the uninitiated.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 18:29.

-Robert Heinlein

37. Re: ... Jul 28, 2008, 14:39 grudgebearer

kxmode

Newsflash: Nobody cares except your hardcore fans. You're on the wrong forum.

He gets tired of talking to the same four people all the time; that's why he comes on here.

-Robert Heinlein

32. Re: StarTrek Online Jul 28, 2008, 14:25 grudgebearer

dsmart

Shut up, fool. Since you obviously don't have anything worthy of any response merit other than the usual fuckery.

Ok Derk, just for you...even though there is nothing spectacular about any of the STO screen shots, they are still bucket-loads better than any of the amateur drivel that you have in any of your games.

Case in point:
http://www.3000ad.com/pics/gcKB/08-04-21/recreation_room03.jpg

http://www.3000ad.com/pics/gcES/08-05-22/PHOTO002.PNG

I'd post more, but there is no need, and longer I look at these the more my eyes and brain hurt.

-Robert Heinlein

21. Re: StarTrek Online Jul 28, 2008, 13:15 grudgebearer

dsmart
OK, those just look horrible. Given that the current and recent crop of space games have pretty much upped the ante in terms of graphics.

The terrain looks rubbish. They're clearly shooting for the casual crowd with that horrible palette.

I hope they got the license for cheap because this looks like low grade crap you'd licence from some garage devs somewhere behind the iron curtain

There is so much fail in this post that I don't think I should even bother...

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Flagship/Hellgate Follow-up
30. Re: No subject Jun 11, 2008, 22:30 grudgebearer

WyldKat

I guess Flagship is the Uwe Boll of the gaming world.

From the amount of actual content and story in hellgate, they may have already tapped into boll's "talents."

Boll is probably frothing at the mouth to turn this game into one of his spectacular films. I'm sure Kristanna Loken, Christian Slater, and Tara Reid could all use another paycheck about now.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Gold - Stronghold Crusader Extreme
1. ... May 23, 2008, 15:31 grudgebearer

Ok, who let the marketing turds start naming games?

"Uh, it's like stronghold, but so much more...awesome...err...cool...er...ex...EXTREME; Stronghold Crusader EXTREME!"

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Lineage II: Hellbound Released
5. No subject Apr 24, 2008, 16:02 grudgebearer

How in the world did they find 19 million people to play this turd of a game?  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Dawn of War II Announced
19. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 12:09 grudgebearer

Sempai
...still doesnt include the race their fanbase has been screaming for.

Fuck You Relic.

Ah, one of those retards that no matter how many times relic says that the 'Nids' couldn't be done well enough using the DoW engine so they didn't put them in, still insists on crying about it any chance they get.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Galactic Command: KnightBlade Announced
69. Re: No subject Mar 19, 2008, 15:57 grudgebearer

rope-a-dope

Brand-spanking-new account...defending Derek Smart...hmmm

Derek Smart alias account maybe?

-Robert Heinlein

50. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 19:48 grudgebearer

dsmart

Thats just not even possible since there are no scripts running on that page. It is a standard HTML page. Check your Adblock settings because I use it too and it displays just fine.

Unfortunately it is possible Derek. I was at work earlier, and this is on the wife's machine at home:

http://www.falsesoul.com/blues/3000adpage.jpg

-Robert Heinlein

8. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 12:50 grudgebearer

Apparently the Adblock plugin considers all the images on the site http://www.3000ad.com/site/gckb/ to be ads...  

-Robert Heinlein

2. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 12:17 grudgebearer

Can anyone else view the product page in Firefox?  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Galactic Command Echo Squad SE
6. Re: ... Mar 7, 2008, 16:49 grudgebearer

I'm not one to bash a game based solely on the graphics, but those screen shots of what I am assuming is some sort of city or military base (?) are just painful to look at.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Ads in StarCraft II?
27. Re: Chill pill time Mar 6, 2008, 17:19 grudgebearer

Dagok

Gotta laugh at the people that were freaking out about this.

Splashdamage said the same spiel right up until they announced that Enemy Territory: Quake Wars would have in-game advertising.

You'd try to save face too if you thought someone had let the cat out of the bag, before you had people suckered in.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Ads in StarCraft II?
22. Re: No sale! Mar 6, 2008, 16:23 grudgebearer

AcidDrone

uh am I the only one who doesn't even blink twice at in game ads?

why is it such a big deal, product placement is everywhere in our lives you shouldn't need to even think about it when you see it.

Isn't that the point? We are bombarded by ads in every other aspect of our waking lives. Why should we just roll over when another venue for entertainment slides into being a mass-market advertising vehicle?

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Hellgate: London Live, Subscriptions Not
59. Re: No subject Nov 1, 2007, 07:14 grudgebearer

Icewind
When Garriot, Roper, Spector, and Molyneux all pack up and head for the 360/ps3/wii, just remember it is people like *you* who are to blame for it.

And new developers with fresh ideas will step up to take their places if they leave.

These guys have made some amazing strides in PC gaming in their day, but lets face it the crap they have been churning out in their later years doesn't really stand up to the quality products that they used to create.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > ETQW Demo Details
22. Re: gah! Sep 6, 2007, 16:57 grudgebearer

Zephalephelah

My prozacs...

...let me show you them.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > ETQW Demo Details
15. Re: gah! Sep 6, 2007, 14:54 grudgebearer

Scottish Martial Arts

I agree to a point. On the other hand, a couple of rocket launcher armed soldiers seems to more than make up for the GDF lack of vehicles. It seems like whenever GDF gets hung up on Phase 2, there are hardly any Soldiers playing. With soldiers you can easily disable the Strogg deployables, which forces the Strogg to move forward and engage on the even ground of an infantry battle.

The only time I have seen this work is when you have two or more soldiers working in close proximity to combat the tormentor so that one fires a rocket and it is taken out by the flares and then the second soldier locks and fires before the flare recharges. It is hard to get that kind of teamwork with no voicechat. Then you have two soldiers dedicated to taking out one vehicle. Try going up against Dommafia when he is in the tormentor, and you will see how the strogg vehicles themselves outclass GDF in general, but especially before phase 3 when GDF has no air power.

-Robert Heinlein

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo