Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for grudgebearer

Real Name grudgebearer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname grudgebearer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ET-JUNKIE
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2003, 17:07
Total Comments 352 (Amateur)
User ID 17580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Not Working on Linux Steam
11. Re: Valve Not Working on Linux Steam Aug 23, 2010, 15:32 grudgebearer

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 14:46:
...It's like when people switch to OpenOffice, brag about it, then can't get the Excel files I send to work properly...

So you save your Office documents in a Microsoft proprietary format, and then get upset when non-Microsoft products can't open them or don't display the contents properly? It would seem the fault doesn't lie with Open Office in this case.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War II - Retribution Announced
14. Re: Dawn of War II - Retribution Announced Aug 17, 2010, 16:17 grudgebearer

Surf wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 16:08:
...just don't like the game at all nor the canon. It just seems so cheesy and uncool on all level.

Just curious, given that there is an absolute shit-ton of "fluff" for the 40k universe, and it touches several different genres, what do you find "cheesy" about it? Just not a sci-fi fan?

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Warhammer 40K Space Marine Using Steamworks, Not GFWL
18. Re: Warhammer 40K Space Marine Using Steamworks, Not GFWL Aug 15, 2010, 03:56 grudgebearer

entr0py wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 14:19:
Personally, Steam has caused me far more headaches than GFWL ever has...

Not to threadjack, but I'm curious, what kind of problems have you had with Steam™ ?

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails?
1. Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Aug 8, 2010, 14:08 grudgebearer

Why even put it in the game if you are going to half-ass it?  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > More StarCraft II
16. Re: More StarCraft II Jul 27, 2010, 22:13 grudgebearer

While I loved the first one and the expansions...and I'm sure this is a good game in it's own right...I'm not paying full price for this one when it is being released in thirds. This is a wait until on sale or bundled purchase for me.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced
6. Re: PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced Jul 26, 2010, 14:26 grudgebearer

Xoxotl wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 14:17:
(cough)

"Fire Warrior"

In all fairness Relic > Kuju

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced
3. Re: PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced Jul 26, 2010, 14:15 grudgebearer

I'll wait until I see more gameplay footage, and more information on game features before I render my judgment.

If I have the choice a playing a crappy console port on the PC, or a decent console game on my wife's 360, then I'll just play it on the 360.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming?
16. Re: PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming? Jul 22, 2010, 13:11 grudgebearer

Beamer wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 13:00:

Yes, it's adjusted a bit, but it's still Quake-styled, with some assist and some magnetism built in.

No. The Unreal Tournament series on PC is "Quake-styled", which is twitch-FPS. A game does not have twitch gameplay when the physics have you moving as if you are submerged in tapioca pudding, and aiming is halfway done for you, a la Halo.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2010, 13:41.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming?
14. Re: PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming? Jul 22, 2010, 13:00 grudgebearer

Beamer wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 11:47:
...Halo is a fast and mobile game with a clear Quake/PC influence...

Were you frequently dropped on your head as a child?

Have you ever even played Halo or any of the Quake series? "Fast" and "mobile" are two words that should never be used in reference to Halo.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Mafia II Deluxe Edition, Preorder Bonus, and Steamworks Support
10. Re: Mafia II Deluxe Edition, Preorder Bonus, and Steamworks Support Jul 21, 2010, 15:14 grudgebearer

Frode wrote on Jul 21, 2010, 13:44:
I so wish they'd do something about digital download pricing already. €50 for a single player game, almost regardless of how good it might be, is just too rich for me. Especially when it'll almost certainly be available in stores at €35 at the same time.

So, physical product, transport, shelf space, 2-3 extra links in the distribution chain that wants their cut... And it's 30% cheaper than the downloaded version? Something's wrong with this picture.

Quit buying games the day they are released. All you have to do is have a little patience, and they'll run them on sale. The longer you wait the cheaper they get.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer
33. Re: Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer Jun 18, 2010, 10:47 grudgebearer

...as a huge 40k fan I'm not holding out much hope for this, as I just don't see the 40k universe translating to an MMO. I could be wrong, but I'd much rather them take the IP in other directions, an RPG based off of the Inquisitor table-top game would be nice, as would a Battlefleet Gothic space combat game.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Details
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Details Jun 10, 2010, 14:41 grudgebearer

loomy wrote on Jun 10, 2010, 12:50:
you can tell they are spending 10x more money and hope to get 10x more players and make 10x more money. you can tell because the game is 10x simpler and 10x more flashy

I don't know man, the first one was pretty simple...

It looks like they are trying to created more delineation between the skills. That was one of the main drawbacks in the original.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Quest Online Sues David Allen
5. Re: Quest Online Sues David Allen Jun 4, 2010, 11:42 grudgebearer

From Dr. Derek's blog:

This coming from a guy who had never – ever – shipped a decent game, let alone a successful one.

Just wow...the irony of Derek trying to call ANYONE out like that is just staggering...

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Star Trek Online Patch Today
8. Re: Star Trek Online Patch Today Jun 3, 2010, 17:54 grudgebearer

Rigs wrote on Jun 3, 2010, 17:10:

Keep in mind it took Derek Smart something like 10 years to develop BC3000AD and you see how that came out)

=-Rigs-=

For the love of all that is holy do not invoke his name...

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Alganon Plagiarism Follow-up
6. Re: Alganon Plagiarism Follow-up May 10, 2010, 17:20 grudgebearer

kxmode wrote on May 10, 2010, 16:47:

Come on Verno. That video was from version 1.0 of the game way back in November. I don't think it's fair to use that video to judge the game now.

New batch of screenshots here: http://www.alganon.com/media/index/screenshots

While it looks like they have made attempts to create their own UI instead of using WoW's, polishing a turd just leaves you with a shinier turd; in the end it is still a turd.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Alganon Plagiarism Follow-up
2. Re: Alganon Plagiarism Follow-up May 10, 2010, 16:35 grudgebearer

Given that this is Alganon that we are talking about, I'm left wondering why anyone would care if the press release was plagiarized word for word.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > StarCraft II Monthly Fees in Russia
11. Re: StarCraft II Monthly Fees in Russia Apr 13, 2010, 13:48 grudgebearer

Beamer wrote on Apr 13, 2010, 12:57:

Kind of like people that don't understand why Africa gets drugs nearly free, subsidized by the prices paid here.

Yes, because paying a bit extra for your pharmaceutical prescriptions so that that poor people in Africa can get theirs cheaper, is analogous to paying higher prices for a game in America so that Valve can sell the same game cheaper in Thailand and still make a profit.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2010, 14:57.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Derek Smart & Quest Online
14. Re: Derek Smart & Quest Online Mar 11, 2010, 13:04 grudgebearer

Blue wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 12:53:

Obviously being able to dialog directly with a developer is not nearly as desirable as one would imagine.

I'm not sure that Derek's posts can really be considered honest "dialogue". Even something as simple as pointing out that screenshots on his website are being blocked by the popular AdBlock plugin, devolves into him telling people that they are too stupid to view his website. Not to mention that any criticism of his design decisions or game mechanics would lead to over-emotional outbursts with no real value.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > More WAR Servers Closing
7. Re: More WAR Servers Closing Nov 25, 2009, 15:16 grudgebearer

I've always been kind of "meh" when it came to Warhammer Fantasy...though I did play the hell out of the clickfests that both Shadow of the Horned Rat I and Dark Omen are...

I really hope that THQ does something good with the 40k mmo that they are working on...

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2009, 15:25.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Dawn of War 2 - Chaos Rising Diary
12. Re: Dawn of War 2 - Chaos Rising Diary Nov 16, 2009, 12:06 grudgebearer

I own DOW and all of the expansions, and I really, really want to love DOW2, but it just isn't there. The scale just feels wrong, too few members in a unit, and even the largest map still feels tiny and constrained.

-Robert Heinlein

352 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo