Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for grudgebearer

Real Name grudgebearer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname grudgebearer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ET-JUNKIE
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2003, 17:07
Total Comments 343 (Amateur)
User ID 17580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DCS- A-10C Warthog
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - DCS- A-10C Warthog Feb 21, 2011, 20:10 grudgebearer

I fire up that fan made video...and this is the first comment I read...ROFL

ero91
@FrostDmitry yeah of course your mig-35 could kill an a-10. thats because a-10 is not a fighter it's a ground attack plane. Its designed for air to ground missions. The mig-35 is a fighter. The two are completely different planes.

You want to talk air to air? Try fucking with the AMERICAN F-22 Raptor. it will eat your pussy ass mig-35 and shit it out while our A-10 teabags the fuck out of your ground forces

have a nice day

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Salem Perma-Death Explained
15. Re: Salem Perma-Death Explained Feb 10, 2011, 14:08 grudgebearer

The Advocate wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 13:47:
Because the Salem witch-trials actually happened?

The internet, how does that work?

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Line of Defense Announced
22. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 2, 2011, 10:04 grudgebearer

dsmart wrote:

I meant it when I said it. And only returned because steps were taken to curb the antics of the anti-social misfits who troll the forums looking for a mark.

Maybe you should look at your life and try to recall the numbers of times you've said that you wouldn't do something, then go right ahead and do it anyway. And vice versa.

It always so nice to point the finger isn't it? Must be nice.

jfc...that was quick...I likened your statement about not posting here anymore to ragequitting in a game...which all of us have done at some point. I even put smilies in it for effect...you apparently missed the point that I was making...

-Robert Heinlein

20. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 2, 2011, 09:31 grudgebearer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 22:20:
I am far to lazy to go an find it - but I could of swore you said you would never post here again....I am disappointed.

I blame Advocate....

Yeah...I was in that thread

Oct 16, 2009, 13:27 dsmart
"...Today marks the very last day that I post here. Life's too short and I simply can't be bothered anymore..."

People say all kinds of things when they are mad...sometimes they even ragequit gaming forums

-Robert Heinlein

10. Re: Line of Defense Announced Feb 1, 2011, 16:54 grudgebearer

So...this is a separate game from Galactic Command Online, correct?

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Derek Smart Interview
21. Re: Derek Smart Interview Dec 16, 2010, 09:28 grudgebearer

I guess he's given up on his magnum opus? Sad really, because we all wanted to see another release of the same game he has been creating for 20 years now.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Siege Online Launches
1. Re: Siege Online Launches Aug 29, 2010, 18:31 grudgebearer

Graphics are more enticing than AoE Online. It will be interesting to see what the gameplay is like.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Valve Not Working on Linux Steam
44. Re: Valve Not Working on Linux Steam Aug 25, 2010, 15:41 grudgebearer

Verno wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 14:06:
Those days were over awhile ago actually. You don't "need" a Windows partition for games these days but it sure does help if you want a better experience with the majority of the library.

Intentionally obtuse, or just trying to troll? That's the point...if you don't keep a Windows partition, then you are stuck playing games native to your non-Windows OS or that run in Wine, or running in a virtualized environment where your choices of games are still limited at this point.

Verno wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 14:06:
Overly broad. I don't really care if full speed virtualization of the majority of gaming software is five or ten years away and I doubt most others are that forward looking either.

Five or Ten years...I take it you don't keep up on the state of virtualization technology...

-Robert Heinlein

41. Re: Valve Not Working on Linux Steam Aug 25, 2010, 13:46 grudgebearer

Verno wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 07:20:
Very little is playable at all right now, certainly not the level of what he implied. Tricky wording.

How was my wording tricky? Did I say "VirtualBox plays tons of games at top speed and it super roxors"? No, I said that with VirtualBox now supporting DirectX, that the days of having to keep a windows partition for gaming are numbered, which they are.

Virtualization has changed the game in the business world, and applying it in the consumer world is only a matter of time.

-Robert Heinlein

34. Re: Valve Not Working on Linux Steam Aug 24, 2010, 17:20 grudgebearer

With VirtualBox now supporting DirectX, the days of having to keep a Windows box/partition for gaming are numbered...

-Robert Heinlein

14. Re: Valve Not Working on Linux Steam Aug 23, 2010, 16:32 grudgebearer

Ecthelion wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 15:59:
In his defense, OpenOffice presents itself (and is always touted that way in online articles on open-source software) as being a fully-compatible Microsoft Office alternative. But sometimes MS Office documents don't work properly in OpenOffice (I experienced it myself a year or so ago when I tried OpenOffice). Whether it's Microsoft's fault or not, OpenOffice isn't doing what it claims.

As soon as Microsoft gets around to fully supporting the ISO standard of Open Document Formatting...Here's what does and doesn't work in Microsoft's "implementation" of ODF

-Robert Heinlein

11. Re: Valve Not Working on Linux Steam Aug 23, 2010, 15:32 grudgebearer

Beamer wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 14:46:
...It's like when people switch to OpenOffice, brag about it, then can't get the Excel files I send to work properly...

So you save your Office documents in a Microsoft proprietary format, and then get upset when non-Microsoft products can't open them or don't display the contents properly? It would seem the fault doesn't lie with Open Office in this case.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Dawn of War II - Retribution Announced
14. Re: Dawn of War II - Retribution Announced Aug 17, 2010, 16:17 grudgebearer

Surf wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 16:08:
...just don't like the game at all nor the canon. It just seems so cheesy and uncool on all level.

Just curious, given that there is an absolute shit-ton of "fluff" for the 40k universe, and it touches several different genres, what do you find "cheesy" about it? Just not a sci-fi fan?

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Warhammer 40K Space Marine Using Steamworks, Not GFWL
18. Re: Warhammer 40K Space Marine Using Steamworks, Not GFWL Aug 15, 2010, 03:56 grudgebearer

entr0py wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 14:19:
Personally, Steam has caused me far more headaches than GFWL ever has...

Not to threadjack, but I'm curious, what kind of problems have you had with Steam™ ?

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails?
1. Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Aug 8, 2010, 14:08 grudgebearer

Why even put it in the game if you are going to half-ass it?  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > More StarCraft II
16. Re: More StarCraft II Jul 27, 2010, 22:13 grudgebearer

While I loved the first one and the expansions...and I'm sure this is a good game in it's own right...I'm not paying full price for this one when it is being released in thirds. This is a wait until on sale or bundled purchase for me.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced
6. Re: PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced Jul 26, 2010, 14:26 grudgebearer

Xoxotl wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 14:17:
(cough)

"Fire Warrior"

In all fairness Relic > Kuju

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced
3. Re: PC Warhammer 40k: Space Marine Announced Jul 26, 2010, 14:15 grudgebearer

I'll wait until I see more gameplay footage, and more information on game features before I render my judgment.

If I have the choice a playing a crappy console port on the PC, or a decent console game on my wife's 360, then I'll just play it on the 360.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming?
16. Re: PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming? Jul 22, 2010, 13:11 grudgebearer

Beamer wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 13:00:

Yes, it's adjusted a bit, but it's still Quake-styled, with some assist and some magnetism built in.

No. The Unreal Tournament series on PC is "Quake-styled", which is twitch-FPS. A game does not have twitch gameplay when the physics have you moving as if you are submerged in tapioca pudding, and aiming is halfway done for you, a la Halo.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2010, 13:41.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming?
14. Re: PC Player Dominance Killed Cross-Platform Gaming? Jul 22, 2010, 13:00 grudgebearer

Beamer wrote on Jul 22, 2010, 11:47:
...Halo is a fast and mobile game with a clear Quake/PC influence...

Were you frequently dropped on your head as a child?

Have you ever even played Halo or any of the Quake series? "Fast" and "mobile" are two words that should never be used in reference to Halo.

-Robert Heinlein

343 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo