Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for grudgebearer

Real Name grudgebearer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname grudgebearer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description ET-JUNKIE
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2003, 17:07
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 17580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
164. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 17:51 grudgebearer

While you guys are waiting to play D3, you can wet-your-whistle with this excellent review  

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interview
3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interview May 11, 2012, 12:05 grudgebearer

Yeah...after reading that interview, my enthusiasm for this game went from a 6.5/10 to a 1/10

I might pick it up for $5 on a Steam sale now, but not before then.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Leaked Valve Employee Handbook?
17. Re: Leaked Valve Employee Handbook? Apr 21, 2012, 19:13 grudgebearer

I work for a decent company (champagne when we deliver a product, homebrew when someone brings it in, dogs running around the office occasionally, flexible hours etc...) and our handbook still reads like a bunch of legal jargon solely designed to protect mgmt from lawsuits.

Kudos to Valve for keeping it on the level...

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
10. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 11:59 grudgebearer

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 11:56:

(Links to another Image i think is very close to WH40k) Ork Tank this time
http://goo.gl/34cSI

WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! They been ripping off me bloody Giblet Grinder!

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
6. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 11:23 grudgebearer

You guys did actually look at the picture right? I love the 40k universe, but kind-of hate Games Workshop for a lot of their polcies...

But that's pretty obviously a nearly exact copy of a Baneblade. The designer should have at least mixed it up a bit if he was going to use a 40k tank as inspiration.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts
34. Re: *relieved* Mar 30, 2012, 11:23 grudgebearer

InBlack wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 09:07:
NKD wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 07:48:
Fan of 40k here. The problem with the 40k setting, if you're unfamiliar with it, is that the scale is enormous. The Imperium of Man controls over ONE MILLION PLANETS.

No game where you're a single guy will ever do it justice. Even the RTS games, while fun, feel comically small-scale compared to the setting.

MMO or not, this game will not capture the setting. At best it will be a decent game with a vaguely 40k related skin.

Thats why a single player game telling a smaller story against a large background is a much better bet. Im still puzzled why no one has yet attempted a first person shooter with the setting.*

1) Superhuman baddass main character - check
2) Epic (TRULY EPIC) gothic/horror scifi backdrop, the universe of WH40K is truly vast, interesting and oozes 'history' and moral ambiguity - check
3) Shitloads of brilliant and well designed weapons that would fit perfectly into a FPS including powerfists, chainswords, autocannons, lasguns etc. etc. - check
4) Even more shitloads of well thought out enemies, from the mundane rebels/heretics, to the more exotic myrads of aliens, mutants, cyborgs, chaos marines, Tau, Necrons... -check
5) Vehicles galore, not really necessary in an FPS but from tanks, to hoverbikes to powersuits and huge mechs (Titans) etc. etc. -check

*well they did attempt one, it was a Playstation console exclusive and featuerd a neutered Tau robot as the main protagonist...talk about FAIL...

This.

There is serious potential in doing a party-based RPG based off of the Imperial Inquisition in 40k.

Chances to interact with several different alien species/servents of Chaos, different branches of the Imperium of Man, and be able to craft a team of minions of varying talents, all the while having to be careful in your choices so that you don't become a heretic.

I'd actually pre-order a game for once in my life if they put out a game like that.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming
2. Re: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition OS X Plans & Cross-Platform Gaming Mar 30, 2012, 11:09 grudgebearer

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 11:00:
unprecedented resolution bahahaha

;p Resolution of Infinity Engine is fixed, you only enlarge the space you can see and thus make everything smaller by doing so. So their "enhancing" is basically the G3 Widescreen mod.

Get that, enhancing done. ^^

Well, the G3 widescreen mod isn't perfect, and you need additional mods to make the UI usable at the higher resolutions, and most of those break other features like windowed mode. So, it would still be an improvement over the current mods.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2012, 13:37.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
29. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 12:58 grudgebearer

Ubisoft, how about you go eat a bag of dicks instead of telling us how much you love PC gaming while simultaneously dropping support for the primary input method for the PC.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > World of Darkness Footage
20. Re: World of Darkness Footage Mar 26, 2012, 16:25 grudgebearer

Rossafur wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 13:41:

Actually, they said they were still in PRE-production at least as recently as early last year.

Actually, you are wrong.

"I’m helping with the design of the World Of Darkness game, which is now in production"
-Reynir Harđarson (March 31st, 2008)

So yes, the game has been "in production" for going on at least 4 years now, if not longer, since White Wolf merged with CCP back in 2006.

-Robert Heinlein

11. Re: World of Darkness Footage Mar 26, 2012, 01:22 grudgebearer

Rossafur wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 15:50:

It's a short clip of a pre-alpha "graphics test" shown during a panel at a fanfest, and a recording of a recording in a dark room at that, cut them some slack (the game is unlikely to be released until 2014 at minimum). Even with all that, you can make out some pretty advanced lighting effects, and a far more detailed environment than any other MMOs (maybe comparable to the upcoming The Secret World).

I'm just depressed that I'll be 30 by the time this comes out...

It's just a static cityscape...and really just a single street. I mean, if you are going to show off footage of a game that has been in full production since 2008, I'd expect that you'd have more than this.

-Robert Heinlein

1. Re: World of Darkness Footage Mar 25, 2012, 11:56 grudgebearer

Well...that's...utterly underwhelming.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > BioShock Infinite's Motorized Patriot
1. Re: BioShock Infinite's Motorized Patriot Mar 8, 2012, 10:05 grudgebearer

Ffs...that is a huge screenshot...  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer
3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Mar 6, 2012, 10:07 grudgebearer

I hope this is mod-friendly. I'd really like to see something like a 'Necromunda' mod for a game like this.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
63. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 19:40 grudgebearer

Anyone else getting CTD with no error after the hi-res pack is added?  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Lineage II Going Free-to-Play
6. Re: Lineage II Going Free-to-Play Nov 2, 2011, 13:31 grudgebearer

Can't believe this turd is still around, I beta tested this thing years ago as well. Probably the most unrewarding grind of any MMO at launch.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
75. Re: id On RAGE Oct 8, 2011, 01:57 grudgebearer

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 01:18:
What is the number one pirated platform and do not give me any of this well all platforms are pirated BS. Keep pirating games, you are only shooting yourselves in the foot. I have said this for years, you reap what you sow.The bottom line is if you do not buy the game you like playing they have no record of sales. There you have it... Hate to tell you that I told you so...

So...now shitty console porting to the PC, with half-assed driver support can also be blamed on "pirating of games?" Fuck, what can't pirating do?

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > The Repopulation Announced
4. Re: The Repopulation Announced Sep 28, 2011, 09:42 grudgebearer

I especially like the screenshot of the naked woman standing outside crying. I've always wanted a game that let me simulate spousal abuse.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Game of Thrones RPG "Won't Be Along for a While"
4. Re: Game of Thrones RPG Sep 20, 2011, 13:33 grudgebearer

Right in the middle of Storm of Swords...and you are correct...it is amazing...  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month
17. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Month Sep 7, 2011, 14:27 grudgebearer

Creston wrote on Sep 7, 2011, 12:30:
Damn it feels good to be a Lannister.

(Well, until the end of book 3, anyway.)

Creston

Hush your face! I'm on chapter 24 of Storm of Swords

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Turns 15
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall Turns 15 Sep 1, 2011, 10:13 grudgebearer

Ugh...I was 15 when I played this...

Not sure if there has ever been a game that I was so bipolar about. I loved the premise, and the world was so huge, but the game-stopping bugs, and just unfinished quests were infuriating.

I finally made it through it for the most part, but before I was done I was so sick of the cookie cutter towns that I wanted to dig my eyes out with a plastic spoon.

-Robert Heinlein

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo