Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for grudgebearer

Real Name grudgebearer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname grudgebearer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ET-JUNKIE
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2003, 17:07
Total Comments 352 (Amateur)
User ID 17580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound
11. Re: Shadowrun Returns Keys Inbound Jul 16, 2013, 10:47 grudgebearer

I was a backer from day 1, but still haven't gotten my key yet, and a coworker who had just preordered his a few weeks ago has already gotten the key.

That irks me.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced
22. Re: New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced Jun 12, 2013, 21:27 grudgebearer

For fuck's sake, I think Games Workshop actually goes out and finds the most inept developer possible to give their IPs to...

The original Dawn of War was the last really good 40k game, even though I enjoyed some aspects of the sequel, and a bit of Space Marine...neither really came close to what relic did in the first DOW.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced
8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 07:14 grudgebearer

InBlack wrote on May 22, 2013, 03:03:
Well despite the negativity Im excited for this game, iOS games dont need to be dumbed down, in fact turn based strategy games are perfect for the platform. First a remake of Space Hulk and now this. Sure it might end up crap, but Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

You really want this, reskinned for 40k?

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 21, 2013, 23:51 grudgebearer

Given Slitherine's current catalog, I am confident in saying that this game will be an unmitigated disaster.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Trailer
1. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Trailer Jan 29, 2013, 11:46 grudgebearer

Meh...

Never really to into the "MOBA" genre...this video doesn't make me want to jump into it...

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Omerta City of Gangsters Demo
4. Re: Omerta City of Gangsters Demo Jan 24, 2013, 10:44 grudgebearer

After the debacle that was Legends of Pegasus, I'm not sure if I'm willing to touch anything associated with Kalypso.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend
26. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Weekend Oct 26, 2012, 11:31 grudgebearer

PHJF wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 09:48:
"5 dollar noobs" are all that ever populated l4d2 online play. I loved the game to death, but it is virtually impossible to play without restricting it to friends who aren't going to rage or constantly do stupid shit.

This. Tried to play last night, out of 8 people on the server 5 had less than 2 hours in game, and one had literally 20 minutes.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > The Secret World Lead Laid Off
19. Re: The Secret World Lead Laid Off Sep 11, 2012, 13:52 grudgebearer

Wow, is this going to be the quickest failure of an MMO to date? I mean, when you terminate your lead designer, how much longer do you leave the game running?  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M
15. Re: Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M Aug 16, 2012, 12:40 grudgebearer

Verno wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 12:29:
Bucky wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 12:18:
I use my copy of Brink for that. I'll still pre-order, but now it's knowing full well what might happen.

Haha yeah, Brink was the biggest preorder mistake I've ever made and just reinforced how little the consumer can treat preview material.

Brink is also my pre-order-gut-check as well. I think I played that game for all of 6 hours before I washed my hands of it.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Multiplayer Details & Boston Trailer
4. Re: Assassin's Creed III Multiplayer Details & Boston Trailer Jul 13, 2012, 16:42 grudgebearer

Yeah, he can mimic anyone in a crowd, but he's still dressed like a hooded jester, and outfitted with an arsenal. You'd have to be retarded to not be able to notice him in any crowd.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it's a game.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 21:59 grudgebearer

Tumbler wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 20:55:
Checking old emails, the $10 off pre order was for owners of trinity or diplomacy. No offer was made to owners of sins and entrenchment. (I believe) I have no emails regarding beta access being attached to anything besides preorders of rebellion. (pre purchases I assume, big difference) Doesn't seem like there was any offers made to the folks that bought the main game ages ago.

I only have the original Sins, logged in and got the $10 off.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Jun 12, 2012, 18:20 grudgebearer

Blair Fraser wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 17:51:
(Sorry if this is a double post, my last one may or may not have went into the void).

Hmm, you should have got an email if you already owned a previous version. We are offering previous version owners a discount on Rebellion if they buy from us directly (you still get a Steam code). I'm not sure how much longer it will be available now that the game is out but as of this instant it still is. You can check out the details here: http://sinsofasolarempire.com/store

Awesome...<purchased>

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
25. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 11, 2012, 22:53 grudgebearer

deqer wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 22:38:
of 2012? why not "of the decade" or "of all time" ?

Because Ubisoft is still making games this year...

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer
12. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer May 22, 2012, 01:23 grudgebearer

Meh...I love the Aliens franchise...but that trailer is extremely underwhelming.

Might pick it up on a Steam summer sale, or wait till Christmas...

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
38. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 16, 2012, 00:28 grudgebearer

GIS "Error 37"

Lulz

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
164. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 17:51 grudgebearer

While you guys are waiting to play D3, you can wet-your-whistle with this excellent review  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interview
3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interview May 11, 2012, 12:05 grudgebearer

Yeah...after reading that interview, my enthusiasm for this game went from a 6.5/10 to a 1/10

I might pick it up for $5 on a Steam sale now, but not before then.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Leaked Valve Employee Handbook?
17. Re: Leaked Valve Employee Handbook? Apr 21, 2012, 19:13 grudgebearer

I work for a decent company (champagne when we deliver a product, homebrew when someone brings it in, dogs running around the office occasionally, flexible hours etc...) and our handbook still reads like a bunch of legal jargon solely designed to protect mgmt from lawsuits.

Kudos to Valve for keeping it on the level...

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
10. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 11:59 grudgebearer

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 11:56:

(Links to another Image i think is very close to WH40k) Ork Tank this time
http://goo.gl/34cSI

WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! They been ripping off me bloody Giblet Grinder!

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
6. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 11:23 grudgebearer

You guys did actually look at the picture right? I love the 40k universe, but kind-of hate Games Workshop for a lot of their polcies...

But that's pretty obviously a nearly exact copy of a Baneblade. The designer should have at least mixed it up a bit if he was going to use a 40k tank as inspiration.

-Robert Heinlein

352 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo