Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for grudgebearer

Real Name grudgebearer   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname grudgebearer
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description ET-JUNKIE
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 26, 2003, 17:07
Total Comments 333 (Amateur)
User ID 17580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
43. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 16:17 grudgebearer

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 15:56:
Yeah, we haven't even seen a trailer for SQ 42. Seems odd given that the voice work was all done two years ago as well as that first level. Two years should be enough time to get that campaign mostly complete.

I never did play WC4. Maybe I'll play that over the weekend.

Hasn't SQ42 now shifted from a space flight sim like wing commander, to some sort of pseudo-fps with some ship-to-ship combat?

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 12:46 grudgebearer

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 12:30:
Sorry I can't get past the whole "spending $45k on a game" part to even think about the legitimacy of the refund claim. Mobile app developers would love to have this whale/person(s?).

While I think it's pure insanity, the number isn't that much if it is split up amongst an entire clan. Let's say 25 people, $1,800 a piece. I wouldn't buy into it, but there are are a fair amount of SC backers with that much or more invested in the game.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

5. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 11:02 grudgebearer

The original post on Reddit has been updated with additional proof.

Make of it what you will

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released
48. Re: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen for Windows Released Sep 3, 2017, 22:17 grudgebearer

DarkCntry wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 18:20:
I did run into a mission last night where I had to hack into a network on one of the new sewer maps...I had I think 8 turns to reach it and do the hack. I noticed on turn 2 that the game decided it wanted to start you the furthest corner from the objective...all while I was doing the normal 2 forward to overwatch, 2 sprint movement. I was being extra cautious because it was a sewer and full of tunnels and this was a rookie team..didn't make the objective because it literally took me 7 turns to actually reach the same area as the objective with the rookies sprinting instead of being more cautious due to the tunnels.

Surmise to say, I didn't make the hacking objective...and honestly, I don't think it was possible considering that even if I were to have sprinted with the entire squad, it would've taken at least 5 turns to reach the same area only to find out that it was crawling with a squad of 5 Advent and 2 Sectoids. I seriously doubt fresh recruits could've downed that in less than 3 turns, or even been able to handle attempting to hack it under fire.

Why are you sending out squads made up entirely of rookies?

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
9. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 26, 2017, 12:47 grudgebearer

Star Citizen will never be 'finished'; not in the classical use of the term in reference to software development. At some point in the future they may ship something that is vaguely similar to the game they proposed in the original Kickstarter, but at their current development rate, they will never get all of the promised features working in a single product.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Splash Damage and Wargaming Collaboration
5. Re: Splash Damage and Wargaming Collaboration Jul 18, 2017, 12:28 grudgebearer

Droniac wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 12:21:
grudgebearer wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 11:03:
I guess this means Splash Damage wants to make a game that will be worse than Dirty Bomb?

Dirty Bomb was made in collaboration with Nexon, which certainly doesn't rate any better than Wargaming...

Dirty Bomb still turned out to be a good game though. It just needs more work (mainly bug fixing and additional content). A bit silly that it's still in beta after so many years, but that beta tag is unfortunately still warranted.

The concept was ok, their execution is where they failed at producing a successor to Quake Wars. The microtransaction-grind of Dirty Bomb doomed it from the get go in trying to compete directly with Team Fortress 2.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Splash Damage and Wargaming Collaboration
1. Re: Splash Damage and Wargaming Collaboration Jul 18, 2017, 11:03 grudgebearer

I guess this means Splash Damage wants to make a game that will be worse than Dirty Bomb?  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Jun 25, 2017, 21:03 grudgebearer

I'd be interested in how the bank valued the Squadron 42 IP as collateral. How did they separate it from the Star Citizen framework and give it an accurate valuation, without at least having the art concepts and underlying engine for both games tied into what RSI is considering the Squadron 42 IP?  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Discussion
6. Re: Next Dragon Age Discussion May 22, 2017, 13:02 grudgebearer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 22, 2017, 11:31:
Well, Sunless Sea has some brilliant writing in it, surprisingly.

That's got me at least mildly interested in what the next Dragon Age game could be, although I probably won't bother getting it before it hits the bargain bin.

Disclaimer: I loved Dragon Age:Origins, played through it a couple times, considering another run through in the near future. However, I skipped Dragon Age 2 entirely, and can't even force myself to finish DA:Inquisition, too MMO-ish or something for me.

I'm in the same boat. DA:Inquisition quests feel meaningless, there's no drive to actually complete them, and no sense of satisfaction in doing so.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > More on the Star Citizen Roadmap
20. Re: More on the Star Citizen Roadmap Apr 16, 2017, 18:08 grudgebearer

SFanderson wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 16:42:
I can't help but laugh every time I see Star Citizen on blues. The people here are an overwhelming minority with regards to their views on this game. Like seriously, this is the Westboro Baptist Church of the gaming community.

Perfect summation of Blues vitriol towards this game is the homeless guy here: https://youtu.be/phxRZXd6r9E?t=12

Hahaha

Signed On Apr 16, 2017, 20:35

Alt for fanboi, or CIG employee?

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
33. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 13:37 grudgebearer

Not that I care one way or another whether a character is transgendered or not, but citing ovotesticular DSD as a response isn't really helping your case

Ovotesticular DSD is the rarest disorder of sex development in humans and has an approximate incidence of less than 1/20,000. At least 500 affected individuals have been reported.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced
6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Announced Mar 31, 2017, 15:28 grudgebearer

Fourth race is probably going to be Skaven, given the rat in the last frame.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Vulkan Multi-GPU Support for Windows
7. Re: Vulkan Multi-GPU Support for Windows Mar 22, 2017, 12:26 grudgebearer

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 12:18:

Or, on the other hand, they're on the board of Vulkan.

Maybe, but that would seem contradictory to their desire to make games Windows 10 exclusives that are only offered on their delivery platforms.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Vulkan Multi-GPU Support for Windows
4. Re: Vulkan Multi-GPU Support for Windows Mar 22, 2017, 12:03 grudgebearer

Microsoft probably has 250 lawyers working feverishly right now to find a way to crush Vulkan, or neuter it to the point of being useless before any more devs drop DX12 support.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access
20. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access Feb 13, 2017, 19:35 grudgebearer

Jagacademy wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 16:52:
I've seen people spend $20,000+ buying cosmetic items for player-run Ultima Online freeshards.

Pics or it didn't happen.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access
19. Re: Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor Early Access Feb 13, 2017, 19:31 grudgebearer

Darks wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 10:36:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 10:32:
a $1000 dollar copy? Seriously who will back on that level

You would be surprised how many do that do. Must be nice to have money like that to just trow around.

Here's a lets play of the games action. looks pretty good so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdVtEZAi3Wg

Gameplay looks good? He walks up and enters the agro range, get's shot at, then walks a foot away, and the enemy wanders off as if he never existed; clickfest with poor AI, another waste of the 40k IP.

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > For Honor Beta Concludes Today
22. Re: On Sale Feb 13, 2017, 08:45 grudgebearer

Well, in their defense, the POB for on that warhammer would be about 2 inches from the head, making it uncomfortable to carry around perpendicular to your body with your hands on the 'hilt' area for any amount of time.  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > GreedFall Announced
1. Re: GreedFall Announced Feb 9, 2017, 13:24 grudgebearer

Well that video told me absolutely nothing...  

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Alpha This Week
8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Alpha This Week Feb 7, 2017, 16:21 grudgebearer

Darks wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 16:04:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 13:18:
grudgebearer wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 11:03:
Why in all holy hell they decided to use the 40k Inquisitor concept to make a diablo-clone, is just beyond all comprehension.

Because 10 years ago everyone was making a WOW clone.

So, is this a top down like Diablo? I didn't notice that when I saw the video, I thought it was more of an FPS type game.

If so, im defiantly interested. Plus how can you go wrong with 4 players Coop?

Every video I've seen of it is 3/4 isometric. You might be thinking of 'Spacehulk:Deathwing'

-Robert Heinlein

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Alpha This Week
2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor Alpha This Week Feb 7, 2017, 11:03 grudgebearer

Why in all holy hell they decided to use the 40k Inquisitor concept to make a diablo-clone, is just beyond all comprehension.

The 40k source material for Inquisitors screams party-based RPG, or an action-based 3rd person shooter/RPG. With all of the shovelware that is being produced with their IP, Games-Workshop needs to fire whomever is overseeing their foray into gaming.

-Robert Heinlein

333 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo