Descending
Limit Results:

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

SWG Launch Nightmare... Why me?
Jun 27, 2003, 02:03
SWG Launch Nightmare... Why me? Jun 27, 2003, 02:03
Jun 27, 2003, 02:03

I knew this was going to happen.. everyone told me not to buy SWG, but me being the stubborn person I am decided to get it anyways.

The nightmare began after I installed the game and went to connect to SWG Registration servers. I'd go through the entire registration process (each page took 10-15 seconds to load), I'd input all my personal information AND credit card information hit 'submit' and receive an error.

This went on for about 45minutes, again and again and...

So I leave for an hour, frustrated.. grab something to eat, come back and try again, this time success! Or so I thought.

Then comes the login to select a server... but before you even get to that step you have to download the patches (which take about 15minutes on broadband), only problem is... it gets about half way through downloading the patches and then just freezes! I hit ctrl-alt-del and stop the SWG.exe, restart it, re-login, download the patches (successfully this time) and then it hangs, stuck on some screenshot of a deep-space-nine looking space station. The SWG app is Fubar'd. ARGH! I've had enough, so I leave for another hour.

10pm I unistall the entire thing, re-install it, login, download the patches and now there is ZERO servers available.

I'd love to hear other peoples hell stories, as I *know* there has to be a plethora of people who went through the same sh1t I went through.

haha, later..

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 02:03.

Yer all ILL
Jun 21, 2003, 12:12
Yer all ILL Jun 21, 2003, 12:12
Jun 21, 2003, 12:12

OMG! what a bunch of whiners, its 15 fricking bucks! Someone call a Waaaaaaaambulance. Haven't you ever heard of inflation? Or do you still think a loaf of bread costs a nickel???

You guys making 5 bucks an hour or what? Jesus Christmas tree, shut yer pile holes and go back to work at McD's.

2 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older