Descending
Limit Results:

1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Would I enjoy the game in a few months?
Jun 19, 2003, 05:25
Would I enjoy the game in a few months? Jun 19, 2003, 05:25
Jun 19, 2003, 05:25

First, I have to thank you all for having this reasoned, informative discussion.

Reading through this thread, I can see how SWG would be a major major disappointment for many people. However, a lot of the issues addressed don't quite seem to relate to my specific position.

I have never played a MMORPG. I'm not a big SW fan, so deviation from SW is not a big deal. Most importantly, the reason I want to play this game is the ability to play as a non-combat oriented character. Specifically, I'm interested in being a dancer/musician, craftsman, or architect.

It seems like most of the problems (NOT including bugs, just actual game architecture problems) are with mobs, combat, missions, etc.

In a few months / 6 months / 1 year (however long your cynicism thinks is appropriate), when the bugs are worked out, would this game appeal to me? Please try to keep in mind my expectations for the game, not your own enjoyment of the game.

Oh, and one more question: I realize the bazaar is fucked. Even if that doesn't get fixed, I understand that (of course, once the disappearing building bug is gone) it will be possible to set up your own store to sell your goods, and hire an NPC to mind the store. Would this not make up for the bazaar, or is there some aspect of stores I am unaware of?

[Edited because HTML / UBB was not working right]

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 05:32.
1 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older