User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name
Warrick T. Hambone
Nickname
WarPig
Email
Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Signed On
January 8, 2000
Founding Supporter
Silver, since February 24, 2020
Total Posts
2864 (Senior)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

2864 Comments. 144 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    144  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Jun 17, 2021, 19:31
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2021, 19:31
Jun 17, 2021, 19:31
 WarPig

Geez Blue, I don't check in for a couple of days and all hell breaks loose. Really sorry to hear about the accident. Obviously, it could have been much worse, but still, it's going to be such a pain in the ass (and limbs), and will take up much of your time over the next month or so. Hopefully you'll heal up quick and not have too much trouble transportation-wise.

GO SEAHAWKS!

May 23, 2021, 18:34
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2021, 18:34
May 23, 2021, 18:34
 WarPig

Good luck to your Knicks. It's good to see them thriving after the disappointment of not landing KD.

I still follow the NBA, but hardly ever actually watch a game anymore. I wish I could get back into it, but once Stern and his buddies took away my Sonics, I just haven't been able to do it. And it's not out of spite or anything - the interest just isn't there anymore.

GO SEAHAWKS!

May 2, 2021, 21:18
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2021, 21:18
May 2, 2021, 21:18
 WarPig

also just for some counter-points, i and 3 of my staff all got the moderna shot and we were all fine after the second dose, just a sore deltoid again. one of them opted for the j&j and she was the one who ended up with a fever for a day or 2, had to punch out early the day after hers.

Yeah, like Covid, it's almost impossible to predict how anyone will react to these vacines. We had a guy at work who was really sick after receiving the J&J dose, but my 81 year old mom didn't have any reaction at all.

GO SEAHAWKS!

May 2, 2021, 18:47
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue May 2, 2021, 18:47
May 2, 2021, 18:47
 WarPig

Acleacius wrote on May 2, 2021, 15:59:
Great news you posse is vaccinated and had fun! Lighter

Getting my 2nd Moderna shot this week, and heard the 2nd dose is pretty strong. So planning on 3 gaming ...errr sick/ish days, but if I get no problems, yay.

Hopefully, your experience is better than mine. Sick
I got my second Moderna shot on Friday, at 4 o'clock. I woke up yesterday and felt great, did some laundry and some house cleaning. As I was putting the vacuum away (around maybe 10:30am), I noticed that I was feeling a little run-down, but not bad. Within the next hour or so I checked the room temperature because I was starting to feel really cold - it was 76F (uh-oh). By noon I had put on an extra heavy flannel shirt and my robe. After fixing myself a bowl of soup I got as comfortable on the recliner as I could so I could ride it out. By this time I had added a down comforter, and was still shivering (at that point, it was like having a bad cold - without the plugged up head). I may have stayed bundled up like this too long - my hands and feet were still cold but everything else was getting really hot. I finally forced myself to get up and take my temp, which was 102.9. The fever started coming down once I "un-bundled" myself, but only to 102. The worst part was that I also started feeling nauseous - so I spent a half hour or so intermittently dry-heaving into the sink (at that point I was feeling as sick as I've been in over 30 years). Then, all of a sudden, I started sweating profusely as the fever started to break, and felt a whole lot better.

So, it was like having a 9 hour flu. My temp was down to normal by the time I went to bed and I feel fine today.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Apr 30, 2021, 21:22
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2021, 21:22
Apr 30, 2021, 21:22
 WarPig

So the Jacksonville Jaguars were on the clock for the first pick in the draft for 116 days, but it still took them almost the full 15 minutes to submit their pick in last night's NFL draft? Okay, I guess it's understandable to want to bask in the spotlight when it's shining on you, even if that's because you had the worst record in the league.

I think a lot of it has to do with the TV coverage. I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell could have gone up there immediately with the pick but is waiting for his cue from ESPN and the NFL Network. Both networks have a certain amount of video and various talking heads to get through. After all, they do have a lot to get through - you've got to show the reaction of the player (and family), show video of the player, and then predict the next pick.

It's fun... I enjoy it.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Re: Fiber question...
Apr 19, 2021, 23:49
WarPig

Re: Fiber question... Apr 19, 2021, 23:49
Apr 19, 2021, 23:49
 WarPig

I pay $94/month for 1 gig fiber. 50GB takes like 3-5 minutes to complete. It's insane.

The new (to us) company here is called ziply fiber. If I sign up before the end of the month I can get the $90 installation for free and get the first year of 1gig for $60 a month. After that it's $80 a month. Seems like a decent deal. Right now I pay Spectrum $75 a month for 100M.

They'd been advertising that this was coming for some time and I've been looking forward to it. Today I got the notice that it's finally here and I almost pulled the trigger, but I'm going to research the company a little first. They can't be much worse than Spectrum though. Actually, I haven't had any problems with Spectrum, but they've treated my mom and sister so bad that I feel guilty using them.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Re: Fiber question...
Apr 19, 2021, 20:32
WarPig

Re: Fiber question... Apr 19, 2021, 20:32
Apr 19, 2021, 20:32
 WarPig

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 19, 2021, 20:25:
Acleacius wrote on Apr 19, 2021, 20:24:
Take this with a grain of salt but I think they run fiber cable up to the junction, then use high quality cable wire to the house. So unless I'm years or a decade behind, your current cable wired home would work.
Right. It varies. Like I said, I have fiber all the way into the house, but it isn't always done that way.

Okay, thanks guys. This is probably why I'm getting different answers on Google. So it sounds like my router will work just fine, but getting all that fiber goodness into my router depends on how it's brought into the house. I guess I'll just roll with whatever comes with it when it's installed. I do like to own my own equipment rather than renting it, if possible, but it's not a deal breaker.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Fiber question...
Apr 19, 2021, 20:08
WarPig

Fiber question... Apr 19, 2021, 20:08
Apr 19, 2021, 20:08
 WarPig

Hey guys, I have a question that I'm betting someone here will know...
We finally got fiber in the area and I'm strongly considering signing up. One of the things I don't know is how the fiber hooks into a router. I have a fairly new router (a Linksys EA9500) and am hoping it will work. Right now I've got cable, so I use a cable modem - what does fiber use? Does it need a modem of some kind or can it connect straight to a router? I've gotten a couple different answers from Google so I'm more confused than usual, and that's saying a lot.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Apr 19, 2021, 19:56
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2021, 19:56
Apr 19, 2021, 19:56
 WarPig

On my return from a walk yesterday, I startled a female duck that was by the left side of our outside stairs. I glanced down to see if her mate was also down there, and was startled to see her nest.

About a month ago I also found a nest with eggs next to my house. I'm pretty sure they're mallard duck eggs as they're light blue and about the size of a chicken egg - I just can't think of any other birds around here that would have eggs that size, especially on the ground. I was raking leaves and inadvertently pulled the nest material off the nest. I did my best to put everything back but the duck never came back, which is sad. We do have a few cats and possibly coyotes in the area so I don't think it's a great spot, but I did find some broken egg shells in the same spot last year or the year before, so maybe a duck had a successful hatch in that spot.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Apr 1, 2021, 20:45
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2021, 20:45
Apr 1, 2021, 20:45
 WarPig

Hey! Good to see you, Bronco.

Washington State has just moved up the date to 4/15 for having all adults over 16 eligible for the vaccine. I thought I'd check again and was accepted this time after I clicked on the "works in manufacturing" box. Turns out there's an open spot tomorrow at my grocery store so I'm getting stuck tomorrow.

It's a good thing too, as most of my co-workers are not very cautious (although only one, the owner of the company, has caught it). My 81 year old mom lives with my sister and is pretty much bed-ridden, and at this point we're not sure how we're going to get her vaccinated, so this will make me feel better about visiting and helping out over there.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Mar 26, 2021, 22:54
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2021, 22:54
Mar 26, 2021, 22:54
 WarPig

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 26, 2021, 17:24:
Prez wrote on Mar 26, 2021, 17:21:
Thanks for helping. I didn't know this was tried in 73 and most people didn't like it. I was 3 so I should remember clearly...
Most people are idiots.

So it's not just me?

Good.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Mar 4, 2021, 22:15
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2021, 22:15
Mar 4, 2021, 22:15
 WarPig

My first thought, "you won't be the first call to the cops".

Exactly. That was my first thought too. My second thought was that I'd pay good money to see footage of the interaction with any police officers when they were informed of why they were called.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Mar 4, 2021, 21:14
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2021, 21:14
Mar 4, 2021, 21:14
 WarPig

Blue, this might not even be a thing anymore, but we always had at least one local news channel with some kind of "ACTION NEWS!!" pseudo 60 Minutes investigative team who were looking for stories. They'd probably get off even more with an anonymous source type tip.

"This week on ACTION NEWS!!!!. Goose, Goose, KILL!!!!!!"

GO SEAHAWKS!

Mar 4, 2021, 20:31
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2021, 20:31
Mar 4, 2021, 20:31
 WarPig

Told them if I ever see anything like it again I'd be calling the cops, by-law enforcement, child-protective services, and a lawyer. And if that all failed I'd come over, personally tune him up, and then burn his house to the ground.

For a child screaming at a chipmunk...

Seems reasonable. Crazy

GO SEAHAWKS!

Feb 16, 2021, 21:06
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2021, 21:06
Feb 16, 2021, 21:06
 WarPig

Half Pepperoni, Half Baby

LOL! And I don't usually type lol, but that literally made me laugh out loud.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Re: Cannabis 'study'
Jan 29, 2021, 21:16
WarPig

Re: Cannabis 'study' Jan 29, 2021, 21:16
Jan 29, 2021, 21:16
 WarPig

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 29, 2021, 17:23:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 29, 2021, 13:05:
ldonyo wrote on Jan 29, 2021, 13:01:
...since the medical pot of today is orders of magnitude stronger than the street pot of yesteryear..
I have never partaken, and probably won't -- but I have to say, this issue is something which would require careful consideration if I ever change my mind...

I do and not for recreational use. When my insomnia gets out of hand, getting stoned off my ass on a particular strain of indica is the only thing that will break it short of mental health institution level sedatives. The kind that turn me in to a drooling mess for 48-72 hours. Weed, on the other hand, knocks me right out without any hangover type effects the next morning. I awake feeling utterly refreshed and relaxed.

Of course, because I live in the bastion of the universe's most stupid people, Texas, the likelihood that I will ever be able to go in to a store and purchase it legally in my lifetime is only the width of an atom away from zero.

I was never a pot user at all, but since my state, Washington, legalized it, I have tried it some. At first out of curiosity, but now, like BoP, for help with insomnia - and it does seem to help. For me it's got to be edibles though - smoking is like putting a blowtorch to the back of my throat. I don't see how people do it.

As far as the effect goes, I don't see much difference between pot and a couple drinks. Feels pretty similar to me. I guess my mind "wanders off" a little more, I don't know.

Kind of a funny story about one of the first times I tried it though...
So I go to the pot store and I ask for something in an edible, and clerk asks, "indica or sativa?". I have absolutely no idea what he's talking about so I bought a package of both (they were caramels). The first time I try one was the indica, which I was told was more for staying at home and mellowing out. Didn't do shit - but I was also told that the first time might not have any effect. Okay, fine.

Some time later I try the sativa, eat some chicken, and holy hell what a nightmare! Turns out the chicken must have been bad, because after an hour or so I'm sitting on the toilet with a bucket in front of me because I feel like I'm going to projectile puke and shit simultaneously. AND, I swear I'm hearing voices at the same time. I've got food poisoning and I'm tripping balls. I haven't had food poison in... well I can't even remember, so at the time I think all of this is just caused by the pot, but I've tried the sativa since, and like I said, it's like having a couple stiff drinks.

Wasn't funny at the time but it kind of is now.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Chuck Yeager
Dec 8, 2020, 21:36
WarPig

Chuck Yeager Dec 8, 2020, 21:36
Dec 8, 2020, 21:36
 WarPig

Back in the late 90's, my boss (and also good friend) asked me if I would be interested in going on a guided salmon fishing trip; as the guide was an old friend of his. "Hell yeah! Sounds great!" I was then told that also coming along was Chuck Yeager.

Are you kidding me?!!!

I immediately ordered a hard cover copy of "Yeager" (my paperback version was well worn), and I was hoping to maybe work up the nerve to ask for the only autographs I've ever asked for.

I don't even remember why the trip was canceled, but it was and it was one of the biggest disappointments of my life.

RIP Mr. Yeager, wish I could have shaken your hand.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Nov 30, 2020, 19:29
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2020, 19:29
Nov 30, 2020, 19:29
 WarPig

Duuuude feed the hawk! Everyone has squirrels, but you have a HAWK!

No shit - hawks gotta eat too!

Go Hawks!

GO SEAHAWKS!

Nov 17, 2020, 00:23
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2020, 00:23
Nov 17, 2020, 00:23
 WarPig

Too bad they are basically packed with sodium. Also quite a bit of saturated fat, what's up with that? Sheesh.

Salt + fat = taste

GO SEAHAWKS!

Oct 21, 2020, 23:11
WarPig

Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2020, 23:11
Oct 21, 2020, 23:11
 WarPig

Cutter wrote on Oct 21, 2020, 16:42:
I'd actually like to buy a rig this time around but I can never find one with the particular build I want. Anyone have a good experience buying a pre-made gaming rig from a particular company?

Back in the summer of 2017 my computer was DOA when I moved into my new place, so I started researching parts and planning a new build. Just for the hell of it though, I started looking at pre-made computers on Newegg and found one with pretty much the exact parts I was planning on buying - and the kicker was that it only cost about $100 more than the price of the parts. The computer is made by Skytech Gaming and the build quality (cable routing, etc.) is really impressive.

GO SEAHAWKS!
2864 Comments. 144 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    144  ] Older