Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On January 8, 2000
Founding Supporter Silver, since February 24, 2020
Total Comments 2806 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

37. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2020, 00:27  WarPig 

Cutter wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 18:25:
So until this thing is actually over we won't know how bad it really was on the whole.

In that case why do you insist on constantly downplaying this with comparisons to the flu? Just stop already.

I know most people comparing CV19 to the flu are doing it to downplay CV19, which I agree is a dangerous mistake, but I kind of think of the comparison differently - not so much to downplay CV19, but as a reminder of how bad the flu can be. Having a bad flu is brutal.

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2020, 11:48  WarPig 

Yeah, if I lived close enough I'd come over and happily take that Stove Top Stuffing off of your hands. Especially if it's the chicken variety. Chef  

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. CDC facemasks Apr 4, 2020, 15:21  WarPig 

I guess it's time to start hoarding t-shirts and rubber bands!

(Seriously though, I don't have many rubber bands)

I looked through my garage and found three old dust masks I bought over the years for fiberglass, dust, and pollen protection. The newest one is probably over 10 years old. One of them happens to be an N95 mask, but it's really old and dusty. I'll clean them the best I can but I'll probably end up catching hantavirus from the masks instead.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Commercials Mar 29, 2020, 15:25  WarPig 

<rant mode on>

I kind of assume, but don't know for sure, that most TV commercials are filmed in Los Angeles. And if that's so, the industry of filming commercials must have been deemed essential in California because, my god, it seems like every other commercial has to do with how much the company cares about my health in these "trying times".

That being said, I'm a capitalist and have no problem with companies trying to survive through all this. If new commercials are needed to let us know that, for instance, a restaurant chain is still open - I totally get that. Others, I don't know... yeah AT&T, I appreciate that you care enough about my health to sell me a new phone. Bringing the virus into it is a little sketchy, but okay, whatever.

Today though I saw a commercial for Weather Tech (who make, among other things, heavy-duty rubber floor mats for cars and trucks) and in the commercial they basically said that their floor mats are non-porous, which makes germs wash away easily - unlike the factory installed plague-ridden carpet. Okay, maybe they didn't say plague-ridden, but we all know what they're talking about and what we're all going through and they did mention that the carpets trap germs.

I don't know, but I think this is getting close to using fear mongering to profit off of the current disaster. The only reason ever to buy a rubber floor mat for your truck is for ease of cleaning, we all know this, bringing germs into it right now is, I think, beyond sketchy.

<rant mode off>

GO SEAHAWKS!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2020, 15:59  WarPig 

Damn, that's rough Prez. Hope to hell you make a full recovery. I'm also hoping that the fact that you were able to get the news out is a relatively positive sign.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2020, 20:58  WarPig 

I'm in a city that is is going to be in lock down from midnight 3/20 until midnight 4/7.

So what will that mean for you exactly?

Here, bars and restaurants are closed, but you can still get take-out. Pretty much anything other than grocery stores and pharmacies are closed, and man, do I need a haircut. Might have to buy a Flowbee.

The thing is though, I could still go to work if I wanted to, but I started working from home today. Our business doesn't have walk-in customers so I wonder how far things would go before legally not being able to go to the office.

Interesting times.

GO SEAHAWKS!

4. Venice's canals Mar 19, 2020, 15:25  WarPig 

Another bit of positive news regarding the pandemic, at least for my location...

I live in SE Washington State in an area called the Tri-Cities, and there's around 250,000 people here. So far we've only had a couple cases of the virus reported, although one was a death in a nursing home, which is troubling. Anyway, it turns out that the police issued a grand total of zero drunk driving citations over St. Patrick's Day.

It's not much but I'll take any positive news I can get right now!

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Into the Black

4. Re: Into the Black Mar 18, 2020, 20:46  WarPig 

I sure hope you guys are right, but my level of concern is growing a little every day. Even if it turns out everyone is overreacting, health-wise, I think a lot of it depends on how badly things go financially. How many small (and not-so-small) businesses will close and how many of those employees will find new jobs? Hopefully they will, but how long will it take? Will we be pushed into a full-blown recession?

In a way, this all could turn into a good dry-run of what should happen if something really bad comes down the line. First thing, to me, is to keep people from hoarding, 'cause this shit's gotta stop. In a way, it's just as bad as looting.

All that being said, you guys are still probably right, people will probably forget - but hopefully enough responsible people will remember whatever lessons this teaches us and make a difference next time it happens.

(yeah, I know... but I can still dream)

GO SEAHAWKS!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2020, 19:39  WarPig 

FDA: Purell sanitizer doesn't prevent the flu or Ebola.

I'm sad but kind of relieved by this news - that shit tastes terrible!

GO SEAHAWKS!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2020, 15:07  WarPig 

Jeez, apparently Kobe Bryant is dead. Helicopter crash.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2020, 20:55  WarPig 

While I'd be a little surprised if Eli turned out to be a first ballot HOFer, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get in eventually. When you consider that he ranks 7th all-time in both passing yards and touchdowns (that surprised me) and add that with the two Superbowl MVP's, I have to give him the nod.

GO SEAHAWKS!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2020, 19:09  WarPig 

I'll sure as shit be rooting for the Packers!

But after that, I'm pretty sure I'll be rooting for whoever wins the AFC game. If had to bet money on the game, I'd pick the Chiefs, but wouldn't feel at all confident about it.

GO SEAHAWKS!

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 20:17  WarPig 

I can't say you are wrong. But the public in general, has a short memory. Only time will tell, but I'd be willing to bet 737 Max planes will be back in the skies and rolling off the assembly line eventually.

I don't disagree with the short memory idea, but one of the main reasons is that most people just buy tickets to where they need to go + when they need to get there and the plane they get is the plane they get.

Last month I flew commercially for the first time since the mid '90's (went to LA to see the Rams kick my Seahawks ass). So I had a location and schedule that was pretty much set, and I had no idea what planes I would be sitting in, and to your point, didn't really care. There's probably a way to find out which type of plane you'll be riding in when you're booking your trip but I don't know what it is. As far as I know it was right on the ticket, which these days is just an image on your phone.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Re: :D Jan 12, 2020, 15:14  WarPig 

First off... Happy Birthday Ant!

Secondly.... Go Seahawks! Hopefully I'm as wrong on my playoff bracket pick (I picked the Packers) as I was with my Ravens pick.

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2020, 22:34  WarPig 

Is there any logic behind corporate golden parachutes? Is it just the good old boy network patting themselves on the back? I mean, you are effectively firing the guy and you give him a $60m parting gift? You were already paying him millions, why give him more after you have figured out the best thing is for you to get rid of him...

I've wondered about this myself. My first thought is that perhaps it's just a part of the contract they sign when they get the job. Maybe it's kind of like when a head coach in the NFL gets fired when they're 2 years into a 5 year contract and the team has to buy them out after they're fired.

GO SEAHAWKS!

29. Re: Is it fair to refuse to hire people who use Nicotine? Jan 10, 2020, 20:19  WarPig 

As I've said in other threads, I feel unions are a necessary evil, until humans stop being complete shit to one another, which won't happen before the heat death of the universe, it seems.

A long time ago I was a union pipefitter and could definitely see the good and bad in the union. For me the worst part was how so many bad workers could hide behind union laws and basically be "un-fireable". This gave all of us a bad name and it really pissed me off. And some things were just so ridiculous - for instance, if there was a 2x4 laying in my way and I moved it a couple feet to get my work done, I would have to be damn careful that someone from the laborers union didn't see me or I could get written up for doing "their" work (which probably could have meant waiting for an hour... to get a 5lb. piece of wood moved). On the other hand, we all went through the same quality schooling, and for the most part, we all knew what we were doing. So there's that.

Basically it's just like you said, we'll still probably need unions "until humans stop being complete shit to one another, which won't happen before the heat death of the universe". Which in this case means that whoever gets the upper hand will almost always take things too far until they're stopped.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Into the Black

3. Re: Into the Black Jan 10, 2020, 19:27  WarPig 

RIP Neil, I miss you already.

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2019, 23:23  WarPig 

I have to work on New Year's Eve. I'll be ringing in the new year in my work uniform.

Does that include a striped paper hat?

Just kidding!

Merry New Year! HaHaHaHa!!

https://youtu.be/j9K796cnJ5o

GO SEAHAWKS!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2019, 20:22  WarPig 

Blue, I'm not too sure about Josh McDaniels after what he pulled on the Colts a couple seasons ago. He not only backed out on the Colts head coaching job after accepting the job, he backed out on the offensive and defensive coordinators who quit their jobs to come to the Colts. The Colts and eventual head coach Frank Reich were good enough to keep both of them on, but definitely didn't have to. Good 'ol Josh sited not wanting to have to move his family as one of the main reasons for going back on his word. Isn't that one of the main down-sides to being an NFL coach making millions of dollars? He sure didn't seem to give a shit about those two coordinators.

Plus, when he was the HC of the Bronco's, they were caught videotaping a 49er's walk-through. It was probably nothing but who knows.

He'll probably end up being a good head coach, but so far, I'm not a fan. Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2019, 19:48  WarPig 

Yep, congrats to both Svezz and Kharbon.

If you bet the same amount on every NFL game against the spread, you'd have to pick 128 games correctly to break even. Sports betting isn't legal in Washington State (yet) so I have yet to risk anything other than pride on my picks. I did bet on a couple games the one time I was in Vegas, and did poorly.

Back in the early 80's I was a Pipefitter apprentice working on building a nuclear plant, and one of the foremen there had a side hustle going on as a bookie. The 7-0 Washington Huskies were ranked 2nd in the nation and they were playing at home against the 4-3 Stanford Cardinal, and the Huskies were only favored by 6 points. Easy money, right? So I put down $250 (again, in 1982)... and that's when I first started hating John Elway! And it's also when I decided sports betting wasn't for me.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2806 Comments. 141 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >