Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 1
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2703 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2016, 21:26 WarPig

Before it all became computerized, I spent 3-4 years as a drafter (mostly electrical schematics) which involved a lot of lettering. Since then all my printing is in capitalized letters and the only cursive I can probably do is my signature. Hell, I can barely print lower case letters anymore because I haven't hardly done it since the early 90's.  

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2016, 20:33 WarPig

Just, for the love of god, if you get snow there... get some winter tires. I spent 20 minutes one semi-snowy day stuck behind a Miata going 10 mph sideways the whole way.

Yeah, I hate that too... no, I've got my good old '94 Grand Cherokee for when it gets slick. Although I used to drive the Spitfire in the snow, ice, and whatever. It was all I had and I don't remember it being a big deal. Some people just need to stay home when it snows.

GO SEAHAWKS!

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2016, 19:24 WarPig

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 13:44:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 11:56:
Now's the perfect time to buy that E-Type that you never knew you always wanted.

(Just make sure to swap out the Lucas electrics for something more reliable and those godawful SUs for Weber DCOEs)

I don't know why people always go on about Lucas electrics. I owned a 1976 TR6 once for a few years. It was fun as hell and the I never had any problem with the electrics. Man, that was a fun little car. I often miss it. Then again, I miss my first car, a 1970 Volvo 142, even more. Loved that friggin car. If some asshole lumberjack - that's right Helf, that's why lumberjacks are douchebags! - hadn't plowed into it in his stupid fucking pickup that thing would still be on the road.

Well since we're talking cars...

My car from age 16 to 21 was a 1971 Triumph Spitfire. Repainted it silver with black trim. Mag wheels and BF Goodrich Radial TA's - with raised white letters of course - we're talking late '70's here! Of all the cars I've ever had, and there have been a few, it's the only one I literally have re-occurring dreams of driving again. Not with me being young again, just having an old Triumph, and they were happy dreams.

That's why early this summer I went I bought myself a new, Soul Red Mazda Miata Club and haven't regretted it for a minute. It's just so much fun.

GO SEAHAWKS!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2016, 20:02 WarPig

First and foremost, it's good to hear that your wife is OK.

As far as the damage to the car goes though, you might be better off if it is totaled. Over the last five years I've had vehicles hit three times (one hit two different times while parked in two different driveways) so I know what a time sink it can be to get one fixed. First you have to get estimates and hopefully the garage it's in now is acceptable to your insurance. Mine were all drive-able so I had to set up appointments then take time off of work and sit there for upwards to an hour while the estimate was done. Of course most of the time they want more than one. And then once you get an acceptable bid there's scheduling, rides to and from the garage, or organizing a rental. Add to that the continuous back and forth with the insurance company who usually call during working hours. Overall it's just a huge pain in the ass. About 15 years ago I had a car totaled (it wasn't worth much) and it was more like, "here's your check".

Again, this isn't that important compared to everyone's health and a car is just a "thing", but it is fairly vital as far as "things" go.

Good luck.

GO SEAHAWKS!

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2016, 20:59 WarPig

Favorite thing I've read today was from Simon Pegg -

If you're sad today, just remember the world is over 4 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Ant!

GO SEAHAWKS!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2015, 18:37 WarPig

Actually, what you're usually seeing and hearing isn't the transformer blowing up, it's the huge circuit breaker blowing. I'm not saying this is always the case, but usually the problem is fixed when the lineman comes out with that long pole they use to flip the breaker back on.

Years ago I just happened to be looking out the window in my back door and glanced up at a squirrel messing around on the top of a transformer when its tail touched the opposite pole than the one it was standing on and BOOM, blinding explosion, power out, squirrel gone!!! Scared the hell out of me! I looked some more and then opened the door to get a better look when - flip, flip, flip, the squirrel finally lands in my back yard. I swear it must of been in the air for over ten seconds. And yes, it had smoke coming off it.

Sorry about your Giants Blue, it was a hell of an entertaining game to watch. OBJ was as out of control as any pro player I've ever seen.

GO SEAHAWKS!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2015, 22:39 WarPig

Hey Vern, I don't want to speak for Cutter here (EVER! ) but he might be referring to good ol' Jim Varney...

https://youtu.be/LXy_MlyLAFI

and if you're too young to remember him, SCREW YOU! And get off my lawn!

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2015, 23:46 WarPig

Re: Giants - I feel your pain Blue.

GO SEAHAWKS!

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2015, 23:07 WarPig

Damn. A good friend of mine died yesterday. Just waiting for the details to roll in.

Sorry to hear that Cutter. My condolences.

GO SEAHAWKS!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2015, 19:34 WarPig

Yeah, I didn't know Brian Cox wasn't American until I saw him on Top Gear (RIP). The one that really blew me away was listening to Gillian Anderson speaking with her British accent, again on Top Gear (RIP).

GO SEAHAWKS!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2015, 12:20 WarPig

Don't get me wrong Blue, I think Knicks fans have every right to be disgusted with the franchise - not even counting last nights draft. Who knows, Porzingis may end up being really good but at best it'll take a couple years, and correct me if I'm wrong but the Knicks hired Phil and signed Carmello to win now. Personally, I doubt any big time free-agents would want to play with Carmello anyway but that's just my opinion.

I also don't think the kid was actually crying, he was making a pouting face for the selfy he was taking.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2015, 10:43 WarPig

Blue, it could be worse, you could have been a Seattle Sonics fan like me.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2015, 21:42 WarPig

Where I live it's better to call the city than the cops. They will issue warnings to the offender and after two or three warnings they will issue a fine. And yeah, I guess this should only be after a face to face. Although, I don't know, how someone doesn't realize that their dog barking all night just MIGHT be bothering their neighbors... you're probably dealing with a self centered asshole who won't respond well anyway.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 18:08 WarPig

It's one thing to earn fame for doing something great that benefits mankind (educating, inspiring, sacrificing, inventing, etc.), it's another thing to seek fame for the sake of being famous.

So does anything having to do with the arts (movies, music, etc.) count to you?

GO SEAHAWKS!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 17:42 WarPig

Okay.

Obviously, you don't like celebrities. Are you saying that not one of them ever deserved to be mourned or remembered? Is it just actors or is it any famous person?

GO SEAHAWKS!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 17:00 WarPig

Your summary is very close to what I'm saying. I find it discouraging and inauthentic that our culture mourns the death of a person who plays imaginary characters and at the same-time shrugs at the daily death of people who live normal quiet lives. Narcissistic celebrity, make-believe, behavior triumphs over humble behind the scenes contributions. That's just my opinion.

No, you didn't get what I'm saying at all.

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 16:39 WarPig

You beat me to it Cutter!  

GO SEAHAWKS!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 16:38 WarPig

OK BobBob, I've got a few minutes here, I'll bite and assume you aren't trolling...

Answer me this - are your friends and family more important to the world than the mother and child you described? And would said family member, friend, or even acquaintance have to be more important to society for you to be more affected by their death than two people you've never met? Does it make you a bad person if you shed a tear over the death of a pet if you don't cry over every dead human you learn about every day?

Over 150,000 people die every day and it's obvious to everyone - but you, I guess - that we are more affected by the loss of someone we know, or in the case of a celebrity, know of.

What you described is obviously a tragedy. Nobody is describing Nimoy's death as such, he lived a long life and it was his time, but that shouldn't and doesn't stop us from sharing up to 40 years of memories about him.

Blue, sorry if you think I'm "feeding the troll" (and maybe I am) but I honestly think BobBob must really think that in discussing someone's death we're elevating them above "normal" people or something.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2015, 00:01 WarPig

I made your chili recipe on Saturday Blue, it was with my girlfriend and another couple I know

Actually, I think Blue uses beef of some kind.

GO SEAHAWKS!

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2015, 20:14 WarPig

I ended up tied with WarPig & Blue, is that a good thing?

I don't know about Blue but tying with me, at least this year, isn't very impressive!

As far as the last play last night... I get why they tried it. Wilson doesn't throw many picks, especially in the red zone. I think the key was Browner jamming Kearse so completely at the line. If all had gone to plan Kearse drives Browner deep enough that Butler has to run around him to get to his spot. Either way the ball has to be thrown lower, but hey, easy for me to say.

Another thing, what if Wilson throws a pick at the end of the first half instead of the touchdown? Everyone would have been criticizing the Hawks for not taking the field goal. If it works you're great, if it doesn't you're an idiot.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2703 Comments. 136 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo