Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2734 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2018, 13:27 WarPig

Unless there is more than one Warpig in the league you are 2-0...

I guess I was just looking at the "spread" league. I find that league more interesting, especially with sports betting becoming legal in more and more states. It drives home how hard it is to beat Vegas.

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2018, 12:41 WarPig

Blue, I saw that you didn't have a pick and came here to remind you to make the rest of your picks - just in case you forgot due to feeling like crap.

I thought the Chargers would win easily but they almost lost. 0-2 for me so far... I'm so overdue for a terrible week.

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2018, 23:25 WarPig

Paul Allen just passed away. As a Washingtonian it's really sad to see him go. He dumped an absurd amount of wealth into our state, and Seattle specifically, funding so many great things.

I don't know what exactly constitutes a "great man" but I believe Paul Allen checks a lot of the boxes. Very sad indeed.

GO SEAHAWKS!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2018, 21:46 WarPig

that's a lot of trump dicks growing in your yard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phallus_(fungus)

I think it's our duty, as the immature grown-ass-men we all know we are, to use the word "stinkhorn" in a sentence sometime next week.

I know I will. Hell, I might even start a band just to name it Stinkhorn.

GO SEAHAWKS!

36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2018, 23:51 WarPig

Keep up the good work Blue!

GO SEAHAWKS!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2018, 21:35 WarPig

Fitztragicmagic?

This comment was edited on Sep 24, 2018, 23:13.

GO SEAHAWKS!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2018, 23:17 WarPig

Yeah, I'll go vegan before insects become a regular part of my diet. I'm already eating a lot less meat these days.

A while back I went to Safeco Field to catch a Mariners game and had a chance to sample the Chapulines (grasshoppers). Not great, not terrible.

Here's a pretty interesting article on where the grasshoppers come from and how they get to Seattle:
https://tinyurl.com/ybxecdb6

GO SEAHAWKS!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2018, 23:25 WarPig

I haven't watched the original animated Dumbo since childhood because I was traumatized by how sad it was (it's so long ago I barely remember what was upsetting about it).

I know exactly the scene that you've forgot (or suppressed), it's when Dumbo visits his Mother who's chained up in jail and it's an absolute killer.

There's also a scene or two that are considered very racist with some crows that I'm sure has been edited out by now.

GO SEAHAWKS!

16. Re: Out of the Blue (Re: Into the Black- late) May 25, 2018, 21:36 WarPig

So sorry Rigs.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2018, 20:24 WarPig

I'm usually not bad at identifying voices either but the voice-over from yesterday's great video of the 1962 Monaco Grand Prix was driving me crazy. I knew it was someone that I heard a lot in my childhood but the name wouldn't come. Finally it hit me, it's Burl Ives - aka Sam the Snowman from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Keith David often brings an almost Shakespearean quality to his voice-over rolls while Ving Rhames brings the crazy! They're both excellent.

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2018, 15:47 WarPig

AC/DC's Powerage: The entire fucking album.

I love that!

More from an old rocker:

Rush, Moving Pictures: Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, YYZ.
Aerosmith, Rocks: Back in the Saddle, Last Child, Rats in the Cellar.
Deep Purple, Machine Head: Smoke on the Water, Lazy, Space Truckin'.

GO SEAHAWKS!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2018, 13:45 WarPig

Blue, in the past have you ever been fooled by one of these April Fool's articles? I could see it easily happening in the old days or with articles that aren't that weird. And along those lines, have you ever placed an article in the "April Fool's Roundup" and later found out it was real?  

GO SEAHAWKS!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2018, 20:20 WarPig

Blue, next year you or someone else here should set up a Blue's News Final Four Bracket Challenge on ESPN. I get in one every year and believe me, you don't have to know that much about college basketball to win or at least be in the running.

It simply gives you a rooting interest in every game which makes it worth watching - or at least worth following.

GO SEAHAWKS!

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2018, 21:30 WarPig

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 24, 2018, 13:02:
It was a learning experience. Google Chrome on android would not remember that I said it was ok to continue and would block the site every chance it got. But Firefox on android stored the setting and it was surfing bluesnews as if nothing was out of the blue.

Oh, not me man - I figured Blue has been playing the nice guy for 20+ years and was finally springing his trap!

GO SEAHAWKS!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2018, 23:45 WarPig

This was the only Buick that ever interested me. Shame it never made production.

I thought this Buick concept looked pretty good too...

http://www.buick.ca/avista-concept-car.html

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2018, 20:25 WarPig

Congrats Mr. Tact, there was just no catching you. In the end after a couple bad weeks I was forced to go into full upset mode and it worked out about as well as I thought it would.

And as far as my win in the point spread pool goes, it was a good thing I had built a big lead because my clicker finger pulled a hammy about three weeks ago and I had to limp in for the finish.

GO SEAHAWKS!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 13:42 WarPig

Merry Christmas all.

We also have snow here in S.E. Washington State. I moved into a new house this summer that's situated on a corner lot so I've got a lot of sidewalk to shovel. So I go outside and start shoveling and look up to see a guy with a snowblower plowing my way who proceeds to clear off my walk and driveway. Turns out it's the Chief of Police!

Well, it's not really that strange, he does live across the street from me.

It wasn't just nice to get dug out, it was also nice to see a snowblower being used close up because I ordered one last week and hope to pick it up from Sears soon but I have absolutely no experience using one.

GO SEAHAWKS!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2017, 21:16 WarPig

Last year I bought the one mid-size truck that you didn't mention, a Honda Ridgeline, and I love it. You don't get the towing that you get with the Chevy or the Toyota but it's still 5000lbs which is more than enough for me. I think it's the only unibody (instead of body-on-frame) truck you can buy and the difference in the ride and handling was very noticeable to me. I replaced an old Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Ridgeline and noticed no difference in how well it got through the ice and snow last year (and we had a lot).

My favorite feature is the "trunk" under the bed - along with the tailgate that opens both ways.

That being said, you also can't go wrong with a Mazda (my other car is a Miata).

GO SEAHAWKS!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2017, 00:59 WarPig

Oh, and WarPig... back off and give me some space would ya'?

Don't worry, I'm way over-due for another five win week.

GO SEAHAWKS!

36. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 22:52 WarPig

It took a while for that to strike me, but it has some merit. Especially since it came from Mara, who doesn't have to worry about winning or losing to protect his "job."

Yes, exactly. Btw, I'm not saying that any of the players are tanking, after all they're obviously still playing as hard as they can, if not for the coach or each other, for their future contracts. At the same time they're only human and when you feel management is a total shit-show it might make a guy make a "business decision" the next time he's expected, for instance, to lay out for a ball across the middle.

That being said, next year when the Giants are projected to win four games or whatever, they'll probably win the East, 'cause that's what it seems like they always do.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2734 Comments. 137 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo