Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Warrick T. Hambone

Real Name Warrick T. Hambone   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname WarPig
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Average American tighty-whitey wearin' carnivore. Go Seahawks and Mariners!
Amen
Homepage http://bluesnews.com
Signed On Jan 8, 2000, 18:42
Total Comments 2750 (Senior)
User ID 1750

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. 700 HP Mustang Jan 15, 2019, 19:40 WarPig

A 700 hp Mustang huh? I can't think of a stupider way to waste your money. Completely useless and wasteful to drive. Just a big ego trip for whoever is dumb enough to buy one.

(I want mine to be black with silver stripes)

GO SEAHAWKS!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2019, 21:35 WarPig

For the record, I won the straight up picks last year. And if the Jets, Steelers and Texans held on in week 16 I likely would have done so again. But that's the way the ball bounces. Congrats to Warpig and Dangerman77.

thankyou
thanyouverymuch

And yes, I've only won a couple times (maybe three?). Thanks Blue for setting everything up. Win or lose, it's always fun.

GO SEAHAWKS!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2018, 13:45 WarPig

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

GO SEAHAWKS!

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2018, 10:57 WarPig

"I do! I do!"
said with the glee of “The Hot German Girl” in Super Troopers 1 responding to Arcot "Thorny" Ramathorn's question, "Who wants a mustache ride."

Wasn't that the German guy who said that?

GO SEAHAWKS!

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2018, 20:50 WarPig

I dunno, we killed off the dodo, and nothing bad happened.

A couple days ago I just happened to watch a YouTube video about just one of the things that happened because of the extinction of the passenger pigeon. And if you didn't know, at one time there were more passenger pigeons than any other bird in the United States - and we still managed to wipe them out. Anyway, the video was called...

"How the extinction of a species affected whiskey production"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8BPANZzsyU

(Btw, I really dig this guy's YouTube channel. Like many old guys, I hated history when I was young but now just eat it up.)

GO SEAHAWKS!

26. Re: Warehouse Jenga Nov 23, 2018, 02:05 WarPig

Did you read what was in the containers? Was it sugar?

Believe it or not, it was cheese.

Story

GO SEAHAWKS!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2018, 14:05 WarPig

The Warehouse Jenga vid is scary as hell, and for me it hits home more than usual.

There's a huge plumbing supply warehouse in town that couldn't get their autonomous forklifts to work right and they kept running into and damaging the shelving (which looking pretty much exactly like this shelving). The warehouse would call the machine shop I used to work for to repair the shelving, and since I could weld they would send me out.

The repair consisted of cutting out a section of the damaged leg and welding in a new section. The thing is, the shelves still had all the stuff on them. As I was doing the cutting I always had an escape plan in mind in case things went bad, and after watching this video I can see that I was probably just kidding myself.

What saved me was that the shelves were engineered so the remaining legs could support the weight. Also, after I realized I was going to be called out there more than once I fabricated some bolt-on temporary legs that I could install while making a repair. It still made me nervous though.

Btw, I did read where no one was seriously hurt in the accident but it took 8 hrs. to dig the forklift driver out.

GO SEAHAWKS!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2018, 13:34 WarPig

*argh* Didn't know Trubisky was out for the Bears/Lions game. Nice pick, Warpig.

Well, we'll see. I changed over to the Lions about 10 minutes before kickoff and that never seems to work out for me.

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2018, 18:27 WarPig

The UK TV program "QI" did a part on it, explaining how they intentionally leave spelling and grammar errors in order to get the best 'catches' (although I can't find a link to it at the moment)

I really like that show, even though I can only watch it here and there on YouTube. A couple years ago they ran it on BBC America for maybe a month and I guess no one watched because they quickly quit showing it. I was really hoping it would stay, but to be fair, a lot of the references are quite "British" as are the celebrities on the panel.

GO SEAHAWKS!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2018, 15:14 WarPig

In particular I'll find myself contemplating that part of the trick is to intentionally tip that there's something wrong, which may be to weed out skeptics and leave the scammers free to assume they are dealing with more gullible targets from the start.

That's an interesting theory, I really like it. And whether or not it's intentional or not, the weeding out effect is definitely true.

GO SEAHAWKS!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2018, 22:40 WarPig

Yeah... this morning I couldn't remember who I picked against the spread in the Falcons - Skins game so I go onto the site and - goddamn it! No wonder I couldn't remember who I picked.

GO SEAHAWKS!

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2018, 21:02 WarPig

This should serve as a cautionary tale, as when the Mets won it all in 1986, much was made of the "long" 17-year drought since they won their first World Series.

As a Mariners fan I can only envy Mets fans.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2018, 15:52 WarPig

So, can the Packers down the Rams today? Should be a good game.

I hope so... but I doubt it.

GO SEAHAWKS!

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2018, 19:18 WarPig

I thought they already had this - minus the animation.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1977920/

GO SEAHAWKS!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2018, 23:58 WarPig

I think Snacks should get the next week off, you know, to get used to his new surroundings.  

GO SEAHAWKS!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2018, 20:41 WarPig

I always kind of liked Eli but he's starting to remind me of a QB that has taken too many hits and can't help but flinch a little. I don't blame him, it's simply human nature. Pretty much no QB can handle instant pressure straight up the middle and that's what it seems like Eli is up against most of the time.

I watched that happen to Jim Zorn, whom I and every Seahawks fan loved. You've got to be a little crazy to have the required concentration needed to be a QB while 300 lb. human missiles are flying at your knees. Some guys seem to finally "lose the crazy".

GO SEAHAWKS!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2018, 13:27 WarPig

Unless there is more than one Warpig in the league you are 2-0...

I guess I was just looking at the "spread" league. I find that league more interesting, especially with sports betting becoming legal in more and more states. It drives home how hard it is to beat Vegas.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2018, 12:41 WarPig

Blue, I saw that you didn't have a pick and came here to remind you to make the rest of your picks - just in case you forgot due to feeling like crap.

I thought the Chargers would win easily but they almost lost. 0-2 for me so far... I'm so overdue for a terrible week.

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2018, 23:25 WarPig

Paul Allen just passed away. As a Washingtonian it's really sad to see him go. He dumped an absurd amount of wealth into our state, and Seattle specifically, funding so many great things.

I don't know what exactly constitutes a "great man" but I believe Paul Allen checks a lot of the boxes. Very sad indeed.

GO SEAHAWKS!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2018, 21:46 WarPig

that's a lot of trump dicks growing in your yard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phallus_(fungus)

I think it's our duty, as the immature grown-ass-men we all know we are, to use the word "stinkhorn" in a sentence sometime next week.

I know I will. Hell, I might even start a band just to name it Stinkhorn.

GO SEAHAWKS!

2750 Comments. 138 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo