Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3495 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2016, 13:57 Fion

5 days till Civ VI. Cannot f'in wait!

Considered Shadow Warrior 2 but I've yet to finish the original so...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tyranny Next Month
8. Re: Tyranny Next Month Oct 14, 2016, 13:14 Fion

I'm not going to pre-order. I only do that with companies I know put out amazing games with near certainty, like CDPROJECT RED. Obsidian has made some amazing games but they have a history of releasing duds too so. That said, I am pretty hotly anticipating this one.

I'm in the middle of playing through Divinity: Original Sin EE after putting off purchasing it for way to long as it's a phenomenal isometric RPG. Hopefully I'll finish it just as this comes out and hopefully this game is as good as its premise. Supposedly your decisions can have drastic results and affect the game world in surprising ways - giving it lots of replayability.

Only time will tell.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 8 Details
8. Re: Diablo III Season 8 Details Oct 13, 2016, 11:53 Fion

Yea the first few seasons were pretty fun because there was a lot of fresh content to still participate in. Leveling a char from scratch without all the benefits of having your higher level characters to back them up with funding & gear was interesting, and getting those unique skins to complete the set & seeing how far you could take the character in Conquests was always interesting.

Each season should come with new content. In two years the only content the game has gotten is Torment & a few new dungeons. Blizz has all but said the game is finished and won't be getting any new content from now on, which sucks really. Besides a few die hard friends, the game is dying. :/

News Comments > Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins
13. Re: Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins Oct 12, 2016, 10:02 Fion

Halfscan wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 08:45:
If the Halloween stuff is purchasable with coin then I will check it out, but if it's another grind-and-pray cluster fuck I won't be bothering.

It is purchasable, but everything costs 3x normal prices. Thankfully several of the skins (such as Pharahs awesome new one) are purple tier so if you've built up coin it's not that much. But the best skins - reaper, roadhog - are 3000c.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 4, 2016, 14:04 Fion

Everyones talking about how inexpensive the PS4 VR is, but they aren't counting the price on the other hardware. You're going to most assuredly want a PS4 Pro (even its hardware isn't up to snuff, but its closer), a PS4 camera (required), and two Playstation Move controllers (required for many of the games) and the PS4 VR itself of course.

If you already have these things.. great. But I'm willing to bet that most people; even PS4 owners.. don't. If you want to get into VR and you have none of these things your still looking at a price tag of over $1000.

Sure that's still less than the cost of a Rift + PC capable of running it.. but only by a few $hundred at most. So don't let the marketing fool you, buying all the stuff required to get into VR on the PS4 is still going to cost you a lot of money and the end result will still be an inferior experience compared to a Rift or Vive.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 3, 2016, 14:47 Fion

I'm not very familiar with the Mafia series so I haven't spent to much time looking into it. I may pick it up at some point but probably not at launch.

This month my focus is pretty much strait up Civ VI. A few of the youtubers I watch that do 'let's play' style videos have gotten a pre-release copy and man does the game look tight and unlike the previous (two.. arguably) Civ games this one isn't bare bones and reliant on expansions. Almost everything that was in Civ V + expansions is in Civ VI. It even has more starting Civilizations. TB also gave it a glowing report saying its only fault he could see is that it may be a bit too complex out the gate to have the massive appeal Civ 5 did.

Needless to say the next few weeks can't fly by fast enough for me. Though BF1 is looking rather interesting. WWI was going on 100 years ago so it's a fit moment to release the game. For those interested in the game and the history of WWI, there's a great youtube channel that does a video every thursday talking about what happened in the war this week - 100 years ago, called The Great War https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUcyEsEjhPEDf69RRVhRh4A. They do like 3 vids a week, thursdays the main one. Q&A on Saturdays, a show on monday that focuses on specific people, places, events, tech, etc. They even did a a few analysis of the main trailors out for Battlefield 1, such as this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvzEZ1Sq4tI.

Even if your not a history person, perusing this channel can get you into the mindset of the game, better immerse you into the action. I'm hoping the campaign is largely focused around the wars big set piece battles. A lot of terrible shit went down in WWI, but if the game is adult enough it might touch on such subjects.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2016, 14:59.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 29, 2016, 12:52 Fion

Ah... PS VR is cheaper than PC VR options because it isn't remotely as capable. PS4 games have a hard enough time running at 1080p at 60 fps and now they want to make VR games that run at twice the framerate and double the resolution? The games will have scale back to N64 levels and even then they'll probably putter like a dying car engine any time a developer wants to use anything but point lighting, a few thousand poly's per scene or god forbid.. ambient occlusion!

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2016, 13:00.

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
5. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 13:01 Fion

Yea it took me a few tries to get into Wasteland 2. That game has really deep RPG mechanics and strong storytelling. Unfortunately gameplay leaves a lot to desire. There are long stretches of gameplay with little to do but talk, you get the best weapons in the game 'very' early on and there's no meaningful loot or sense of advancement after that.

Hopefully WL3 takes 2's criticisms to heart and improves upon those facets significantly.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 21, 2016, 14:18 Fion

This console E-PEEN bullshit is getting hilarious. I mean what even is the market share of 4k tvs? 2%?  

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed
23. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed Sep 16, 2016, 15:43 Fion

If delay = a better game at launch. I'm all for it.

Sadly not all delays = a better game at launch. I'm looking at you No Man's Sky!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 12, 2016, 14:08 Fion

Lol their driver situation is still a bit of an issue. New games come out all the time that seem to have major issues for ATI users until new drivers hit. Happens with nVidia too but not with the same frequency.

On the subject of the MSI VR One.. the battery life is 1.5 hours? You've got to be kidding me! Probably takes 6 hours to recharge too.

Awesome that a VR movie (short) won an Emmy, but it consists if basically sitting there and watching the short within a 3d space. You can't move around, you cant interact in any way. I think interactive VR movies may be awesome, but this isn't it.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2016, 14:25.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 09:36 Fion

'4k thanks to the power of the Playstation Neo'

Is that why the area we're seeing is so startlingly low-poly? Everything but the characters - even the plants has an angular look and design. Who ever is 'playing' is also moving and looking around visibly slower so the framerate doesn't crash and even then there's tuns of tearing going on.

I hope this isn't the design premise of this entire game. Cut the polygon density down significantly and curtail FoV and information on screen so that you can present a game at 30fps, 4k. The situation only changes in cut-scene mode.

And this gameplay.. is this the No Man's Sky version of Mass Effect?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 4, 2016, 15:07 Fion

Can we PLEASE get the PC version out within like ~4 months of consoles this time instead of a year.

Granted PC version of GTA V was clearly the best version, that year and a half wait lead to better graphics and expanded gameplay. Even if - by PC standards - the online gameplay is terrible lol.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 4, 2016, 14:51 Fion

All these people buying a full-price expansion to - as I understand it - a broken, and bug-ridden alpha game... makes me sick. It sets yet another dangerous precedent and says to the company and others like it:

"Hey, you want to be greedy and sell content to a game that isn't even finished and probably never will be? Go right ahead! In fact, we'll reward you for doing so!"

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2016, 14:57.

News Comments > ARK Expansion
21. Re: ARK Expansion Sep 2, 2016, 14:54 Fion

I have yet to buy a single game in Early Access and I likely never will. More often than not games go unfinished, or their developers take the money and run or bullshit like this happens.

I feel sorry for you guys who spent full price on an alpha product a year ago when everyone lept on this bandwagon expecting a full game to eventually hit. But its nobodies fault but your own.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 2, 2016, 14:26 Fion

Ah Thresh.. he was a blast to watch. Especially his 1v1's, rare but someone would think themselves the better of him and challenge him repeatedly until he finally accepted. Then he'd devastate their asses in a 30/2 match.

I used to play Quake 2 professionally he'd occasionally come to the big tournaments, especially Quake-Con. But by that time he'd retired, so while I was lucky enough to meet the man I never had the chance to play against him.

I was good, but not that good! :p

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
6. Re: NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod Aug 31, 2016, 20:42 Fion

A Bethedsa RPG that uses volumentric lighting instead of 2002-era point lights? Why.. it's unthinkable!

On a serious note I have an off-again on-again relationship with Fallout 4. I get fed up with its gameplay and horrible support for dialog & RP but then a new cool mod draws me back in. So I might try this out at some point.

News Comments > Carnival Games VR Announced
2. Re: Carnival Games VR Announced Aug 31, 2016, 14:16 Fion

But..but funnel cake is literally the only reason I go to carnivals as an adult.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & GotY Edition Released
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & GotY Edition Released Aug 30, 2016, 13:50 Fion

I've been playing by bits, since the game first launched. I tend to do this when I know its going to be the last experience in a series. I did buy the expansions though finally for the day in 5 odd years i'll get to them. :p  

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Videos
11. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 29, 2016, 14:05 Fion

Bioshock Remastered for today's consoles*

*bringing the graphics up to the level they were on PC in 2007.

3495 Comments. 175 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo