Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3408 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
32. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 14:22 Fion

Most reviews seem positive because there's tuns of options, cool suit mods, even more ways to approach missions. There are random side missions you can happen upon that are interesting and rarely generic, the characters are well done with good voice acting. Biggest reason it isn't getting 95+% on every review apparently is because the story isn't as good as last games, and feels 'stuck in the first act' through the entire game.

Funny thing is some reviews are giving it a point off- 8/10 for example, because of this. Others are giving it 2.5 stars specifically because the story isn't the greatest.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tyranny Video Diary
8. Re: Tyranny Video Diary Aug 18, 2016, 14:43 Fion

'What of Sauron had won'. Sauron? He was a a bratty teen compared to Morgoth, who ruled Middle Earth for an entire age! Even having spent some of that time chained he was so powerful none dared even approach his stronghold. He was virtually the source of all evil in the universe, the first and most powerful creation of the gods, Eru Iluvatar.

Ok, LotR rant over. This game has a pretty awesome premise and if their 'choices matter and can even shape the landscape or the NPCs you deal with, enemies you face' isn't just smoke & mirrors.. I'm gonna love playing through this game 3-4 times choosing different styles and making different choices throughout.

News Comments > For Honor Details
3. Re: For Honor Details Aug 18, 2016, 14:16 Fion

Classic Ubisoft. More interested in sharing the collectors edition & pre-order benefits than sharing actual gameplay of their new title.

Game does look interesting, but it's Ubisoft so I won't be holding my breath on anything.

News Comments > City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced
2. Re: City: Skylines: Natural Disasters Announced Aug 18, 2016, 13:38 Fion

Finally, I was hoping this would be the next DLC/Expansion. All the prior ones have added a lot of great new gameplay and expanded upon the city building functions significantly.

I'm particularly looking forward to the scenario sharing. I'm sure there will be some fantastic scenarios on the workshop pretty rapidly.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Aug 17, 2016, 13:43 Fion

Speaking of Starbound, I like to equate it with NMS because right now NMS is like Starbound was in the initial Early Access release. Lots of planets and biomes to explore, cool races & wild life and interesting crafting, random places to find with fun bits of exploration but also very light on content and every planets experience kind of bleeds together. This is NMS in a nut-shell.

Right now, NMS is a relaxing, fun Early Access title that should have cost $20-30 like Starbound did. I'm happy it has sold as well as it has and is popular (#3 atm on Steam with 70k played today in a lazy wednesday afternoon) because Hello Games has the funding to develop more content for it, with base building and cargo ships already announced and no paid DLC.

I'm having some fun with the game, though I wouldn't recommend it to AMD owners nor probably at full price (I got it at $45). It'll only get better from here and I suspect it'll be pretty popular once the Winter Steam Sale arrives with a decent sale price and hopefully by then a slew of content patches.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2016, 13:50.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
6. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 13:14 Fion

Thanks for linking the gameplay, this looks freaking awesome. LFD: Warhammer 40k edition.

The board game is very fun and I look forward to easter-eggs and call-backs about it.

News Comments > AGONY Trailers
1. Re: AGONY Trailers Aug 17, 2016, 13:06 Fion

This looks quite interesting and very thematic. Seems heavily inspired by Amnesia: the Dark Descent in the way that there seems no way to combat the demons and one must simply avoid them and explore the hellish landscapes in an effort to find answers.

The teeth corridor is pretty awesome too.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Trailer
1. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Trailer Aug 17, 2016, 12:53 Fion

I cannot wait for this game and I'm happy to see there are callbacks to the first (because it is a direct sequel that begins the day after Stick of Truth ends). I really really hope Ubisoft doesn't shit on this title but I understand Mat & Tray are just as involved as they were with the last one and doing the majority of the writing, voice work, etc. So cross your fingers and pucker your butthole South Park fans! Lets hope its as good if not better than Stick of Truth (which I've replayed 3 times now lol).  

News Comments > Steep in December
4. Re: Steep in December Aug 17, 2016, 12:50 Fion

It has been a while since we've had a good winter sports style game.. not that I trust Ubisoft as far as I could throw a an Assassin's Creed boxed set. I certainly won't be pre-ordering but I'll be watching the title.

And yes, it's sad that a great athlete died but it's a rather frequent think as these sports are inherently very dangerous. Hopefully the game in some way pays homage to her.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 11, 2016, 13:46 Fion

Pfffft.. I'm on TWC and I pay $50 for 20/1. Paying an extra $10 for triple the speeds sounds lovely.  

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Aug 9, 2016, 20:45 Fion

One thing I've quickly come to realize from all the reviews, tips, streams, videos for No Man's Sky is...

how few people understand basic terminology of space. The difference between a solar system and a galaxy, (and a galaxy or the universe) what is and isn't a moon, asteroid, meteor, comet, you name it.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 9, 2016, 20:36 Fion

Anyone here really surprised that the PS4 isn't capable of a sustained 30fps at 1080p with the game? Even if it's just for those few seconds when making planetfall. Really?

REALLY?

On PC with an SSD I expect this will be a non-issue. Watching the streams of late, so glad the PC version will have FoV sliders. I was willing to wait an extra 3 days just for that!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 27, 2016, 13:47 Fion

As a DBA, great article. People in my industry often think my job is so easy these days but while in ways it is, it just comes with different types of headaches. The old cars vs. new cars analogy is spot on! Makes this old programmer fondly remember the old days.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2016, 13:54.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 SagaŚLiving World Season 3 Begins
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 SagaŚLiving World Season 3 Begins Jul 27, 2016, 13:27 Fion

Episode comes with a pretty massive new zone, though it's mostly open with fragments of former landscape in a beautifully surreal way.  

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Video
2. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Video Jul 23, 2016, 13:15 Fion

I've been a fan since the earliest episodes of the series and I had a huge amount of fun with the first game. As simple as it's combat and exploration design was. I'm happy to see the combat is improving for the sequel and eagerly await the day I can work on my characters magical butthole powers.  

News Comments > Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit
3. Re: Overwatch Adding Support Sniper, 21:9, and Competitive Hero Limit Jul 12, 2016, 22:26 Fion

YAY! D.va buff finally came in! I like the defense matrix changes, means she'll be even better at her roll, a mobile skirmisher and back-line defender. Also awesome to see her Ult changes, possibly the worst ult in the game now should actually get kills and I don't have to worry about getting killed myself! Oh and now D.va can actually, you know.. TANK! Instead of trying to tank and getting her meka destroyed in .8 seconds.

Anna looks interesting, though as situational as Zenyatta so I don't think she'll see a lot of use in the pro games. Her snipe heal seems to be somewhat forgiving so it won't be pro-snipers only or bust for playing her.

One hero limit in competitive is nice to see. Was getting sick of cheesing duel/triple char teams steamrolling by taking advantage of their synergy.

Edit: Almost missed overtime changes. I was in a match yesterday where the game was in overtime on a KotH map for like 4 minutes. Just very even teams. This is going to make clutch plays in the last second even more awesome.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2016, 22:38.

News Comments > Starbound This Month
7. Re: Starbound This Month Jul 9, 2016, 13:38 Fion

Hmm.. I'll wait and see what reviews say. I kinda got bored of the game like a year and a half ago. Has it changed enough to make it interesting again?  

News Comments > More Blood Revival Teasing
4. Re: More Blood Revival Teasing Jul 9, 2016, 13:28 Fion

With the success of Doom I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more 'revivals' like this. Blood and its sequel were awesome games, so hopefully the team behind the revival doesn't screw shit up.

Now someone bring on the Heretic or Hexen revival!

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
43. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 8, 2016, 14:22 Fion

While yes, procedural generated content has some people thinking every planet will be a unique experience, it doesn't mean every planet is going to have the same or similar creations with different color patterns either. And no, I don't expect it to even approach Elite Dangerous levels of boring; with 10-minutes to shoot down a single enemy and mind-numbing space travel. How they managed to make travel through space boring is beyond me but they succeeded beyond my wildest imaginings.

I'm going into this game expecting a decent amount of content and the ability to create my own. I want to be a space trader & explorer by day, pirate by night. I'll spend a lot of time exploring and trading rare resources but also some of my time blowing up ships for their cargo and making friends with the seedier alien life.

*Scanning* That ship is carrying purple Florp. They are worthless in this sector but I know a planet with aquatic aliens who keep them as exotic pets and cannot get enough of them!

I expect the experience to be somewhat like Freespace. Not a huge amount of directed content so some people put 20 hours in and called it played. Others - like myself - spent hundreds of hours in that game making it our own and hardly touching the generic 'missions'.

edit: grammar

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2016, 14:31.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 12:37 Fion

Wow makes me feel old... this site has been my first stop each day for two decades now. So thanks to Blue and all the others behind the scenes that continue to make this a great gaming news website with depth and detail few of the other larger sites ever approach.  

3408 Comments. 171 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo