Total Posts
3757 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3757 Comments. 188 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    188  ] Older

Re: Diablo III Season 21 Live
Jul 5, 2020, 13:04
Fion

Re: Diablo III Season 21 Live Jul 5, 2020, 13:04
Jul 5, 2020, 13:04
 Fion

German will be way harder to learn, but hey.. go for it. There are certainly a lot of free language learning sites available to try.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Removing Phallic Symbols for Japan and Wall-Running for All
Jul 1, 2020, 11:49
Fion

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Removing Phallic Symbols for Japan and Wall-Running for All Jul 1, 2020, 11:49
Jul 1, 2020, 11:49
 Fion

There's no doubt that the nations puritanism has played a part in their radically low birth rates. Not to mention their extremely weird sexual culture.

Re: Morning Patches
Jun 29, 2020, 12:34
Fion

Re: Morning Patches Jun 29, 2020, 12:34
Jun 29, 2020, 12:34
 Fion

Scariest game ever.

Premiere League on Twitch
Jun 22, 2020, 13:23
Fion

Premiere League on Twitch Jun 22, 2020, 13:23
Jun 22, 2020, 13:23
 Fion

As someone who doesn't have traditional television and yet thoroughly enjoys premiere league soccer (from the US), glad to see Twitch streaming games live!

Re: Games Free Try This Weekend
Jun 20, 2020, 12:27
Fion

Re: Games Free Try This Weekend Jun 20, 2020, 12:27
Jun 20, 2020, 12:27
 Fion

FYI the autolock isn't on by default (on PC), you turn it on by pressing Tab.

KCD is a really good rpg game and absolutely worth the $15 price. That said it's from a really small studio and so comes with some issues. It is buggy, though they've done a good job getting rid of most of them. The game is very demanding, putting more demand on the cpu than a lot of games these days. So if it's been several years since you've done a major upgrade, you will have framerate issues. The one good thing about that is the graphics look great even on lower settings.

The game does have a few things that make it harder to get into. The combat is downright punishing at first. It will be for a time as you begin the game as someone who's never once been in combat and rightly sucks at it. Once you get your combat skills up, learn some combos, get some decent gear and learn master strike, you;ll turn the tables and smash through most fights. It's super rewarding to face off enemies that beat your ass early only to turn the tables with new skills and demolish them.

I also recommend some mods that ease some of the early difficulty. Mods like Unlimited Saving, Bow Reticle (makes hunting not an absolute chore), Instant Herb Picking (annoyance fix) and No Helm Vision (something a lot of people hate in the game). With these mods, an modern CPU & GPU, and some patience, you'll find this to be one of the best first person RPGs released in the last several years. It has a detailed story, meaningful choices to make, fantastic DLC, heaping gobs of immersion, and crazy depth.

The studio has some real talent, and I am happy to see the game sold quite well and was very popular - enough for them to release several high quality DLC. That means more money to spend on developing their next game, and likely a lot more interest from publishers and thus funding.

Addendum: For those who have the game and find the early game too brutal. A good way to ease this is to get some quality armor. One of the best ways I've found is to get your stealth skill up by wearing light or no armor and doing some sneaking & hunting (the hunting camp you go to with Hans in one of his early quests is a great spot to hunt later). Once you get that to a reasonable level, either buy or use alchemy and make some basic poison. Find a Cuman camp and late at night (past midnight), sneak around - avoid the guy wandering around - and poison their food. The basic poison is weak, so put several vials in their cauldron. Then go wait, come back around noon and they'll all be dead. Not only is this a great way to get some coin by selling all their gear, but you can repair the best of it and wear it. Do this once or twice and you'll have substantially better armor and so you won't go down in 2-3 hits in combat anymore.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2020, 12:39.

Re: Evil Genius 2 Video
Jun 14, 2020, 13:02
Fion

Re: Evil Genius 2 Video Jun 14, 2020, 13:02
Jun 14, 2020, 13:02
 Fion

That looks pretty great. Now we just need a new NOLF.

This please. Get on it whichever company owns the rights!

Re: On Sale
Jun 9, 2020, 12:44
Fion

Re: On Sale Jun 9, 2020, 12:44
Jun 9, 2020, 12:44
 Fion

Good time to get into Total War: Warhammer 2 folks. $35 (combined) for one of the best games released in the last several years. You generally want Warhammer1 & 2 (normally a $120 purchase). Owning both lets you download the free Mortal Empires DLC that combines the content from Warhammer 1 (good but flawed) and adds it to the superior Warhammer 2 with a new campaign to play. Oh and get Blood for the Blood God 2 ($3). It is kinda the only bullcrap DLC but the game just isn't the same without it.

Speaking of DLC, Don't let all that DLC turn you off from the game either. None of it is required, you can have hundreds of hours of fun with just the first two games combined (you don't even have to have WH1 installed, though you do need to install it at least once, to 'flip the switch' that allows you to download Mortal Empries). The game comes with tuns of free content; each paid DLC came with a content patch and a free DLC (make sure you grab them all!). The rest of it you basically only pick up. If you find you love a particular faction in play. 'Wow, playing Lizardmen is so fun. Crushing shit with massive Dinos!' Great... pick up 'The Hunter and the Beast' and 'The Prophet and the Warlock' when they are on sale. Both include gobs of new content for Lizardmen, with the added bonus of adding both a new (humans) Empire campaign and one of the most fun (rat-people) Skaven campaigns in the entire game.

This game is constantly evolving, the DLC isn't nickled & dimed content, it's fresh new content every six months for $8 or $16 that keeps the game constantly fresh. Even if you aren't into war strategy games - gods know I wasn't before a friend introduced me to this game - if you love fantasy battles with a little steamtech - you will love this game! Watch some youtube videos, it's a complex title that can take some time to figure it all out, but that's half the fun.

Re: Evening Metaverse
May 30, 2020, 08:22
Fion

Re: Evening Metaverse May 30, 2020, 08:22
May 30, 2020, 08:22
 Fion

Sometimes its easier to believe in lies than it is the reality of what is before you. The numbers here in the US are just so damn staggering that many of us know someone - even if only tangentially - who was seriously ill for a time, and could have died. I have family members who are normally logical, intelligent people; but believe the entire thing is fake, or that the Chinese created the virus for germ warfare.

While I was young, I remember the AIDS epidemic, about how people were scared shitless that they'd get it from shaking someones hand, or conspiracy theories that the government created the virus to kill off gay people, or the racists of the day who said some African immigrant had sex with a monkey and brought it to america. I remember family members who just staunchly refused to believe it was real, until I had people in my own little rural school with HIV (my graduating class was only 52 people). I also remember a president who refused to do anything about it until the public outcry become so fierce he had no choice.

Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Details Coming Next Week
May 30, 2020, 08:13
Fion

Re: Baldur's Gate 3 Details Coming Next Week May 30, 2020, 08:13
May 30, 2020, 08:13
 Fion

SunnyD wrote on May 29, 2020, 23:49:
"Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!!!! rAAAaaUGH!"

You know its entirely possible that Minsc will be in BG3, as it's apparently set about a hundred years or so after the events of BG2. Minsc and Boo were petrified at one point and placed in the market square of Baldur's Gate - known as The Wide. Over time the statue become known as the Beloved Ranger, until about 70 years after its 'construction' a wild magic surge went off nearby and dispelled the petrification.

Minsc and Boo have since gone on to have many adventures. They become Heroes of Baldur's Gate - a title bestowed upon great heroes who have stopped calamities within the city - a title he earned by helping to defeat an incursion of werewolves that had stolen several very holy relics in a major temple of the city.

He has since been on many adventures, including taking on (but not defeating) the legendary vampire Strahd von Zarovich. He fought against the cults of elemental evil, defended the city of Frozenshear in the far north from an attack by frost giants, and more. Boo even once accidently drank a potion of growth... for a short time becoming a giant-sized, miniature giant space hampster.

While according to the existing timeline Minsc and Boo are still a statue when BG3 takes place, it's entirely possible they shuffle around a few dates and your hero is directly involved in his.. un-petrification. IDK if he'll be a companion, but I can't imagine a BG game where he doesn't make an appearance.

Re: Evening Mobilization
May 29, 2020, 10:49
Fion

Re: Evening Mobilization May 29, 2020, 10:49
May 29, 2020, 10:49
 Fion

Aaahahaha.. hahaha... hahahahaaaa!

Ok, ok..

Aaahahaha...hahaha....hahahhaaaa!

Re: Morning Consolidation
May 28, 2020, 12:00
Fion

Re: Morning Consolidation May 28, 2020, 12:00
May 28, 2020, 12:00
 Fion

"Hey xbox fans! We are making the next xbox and after gathering information on what you - the players and fans - want, and we are ready to introduce the next xbox!

Say hello to the Xbox Series X! Play all the the xbox games you already played but with faster loading, (maybe) 60 frames per second and (probably) no bullshit dynamic resolution! Now only $499.99!"

Fantastic marketing Microsoft. Simply fantastic.

Re: Maneater Swims Out
May 23, 2020, 10:03
Fion

Re: Maneater Swims Out May 23, 2020, 10:03
May 23, 2020, 10:03
 Fion

"...now available through the epic game store."

Oh GOD DAMNIT!

Re: Evening Consolidation
May 23, 2020, 09:56
Fion

Re: Evening Consolidation May 23, 2020, 09:56
May 23, 2020, 09:56
 Fion

Reading & watching all this next gen console hype always puts a smile on my face. 100x faster, lmao.

Now the HD tech is certainly a leap forward. Mind, the same hype articles are saying PC's won't have a comparable SSD for years, when in fact there are already m.2 drives on the market that are faster, and have been since early spring. But for the PS4, it's a massive leap from the 20 year old 5200rpm HDD in the PS3.

Re: Game Reviews
May 21, 2020, 11:05
Fion

Re: Game Reviews May 21, 2020, 11:05
May 21, 2020, 11:05
 Fion

I would have preferred a Saints Row 2 remaster as I have heard it was the best one, but I only ever played the demo a little and found the graphics poor and the controls super-jenky.

Still, of those I've played SR:T is my absolute favorite. So I'll almost certainly be grabbing this.

Re: Morning Patches
May 16, 2020, 12:23
Fion

Re: Morning Patches May 16, 2020, 12:23
May 16, 2020, 12:23
 Fion

I hope they don't nerf it into absolute uselessness in a month like they did with the werewolf rework. I always preferred werewolf, when they got buffed I was over the moon - pun not intended. Then a month and a half later and they got nerfed so hard they were worse than the [already useless] pre-buff werewolf.

Re: Evening Interviews
May 16, 2020, 12:07
Fion

Re: Evening Interviews May 16, 2020, 12:07
May 16, 2020, 12:07
 Fion

So yea, Epic also touted that Sony's new 'superfast SSD that is so fast, PCs will need years to catch up." Only problem with that hype is that my Sabrent NVMe 4.0 1tb m.2 SSD is faster, and it came out in early March. They are right in one thing though, it will load games far faster than the '10-year old tech' HDD's the PS4 & XB1 were using.

Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Valhalla
May 9, 2020, 13:59
Fion

Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Valhalla May 9, 2020, 13:59
May 9, 2020, 13:59
 Fion

What do we expect? These kind of game conferences (online or not) that introduce new games for new systems are basically never actual gameplay footage. Did nobody else see the message at the bottom of every trailer stating that the videos were 'in development and not representative of actual gameplay'??

Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II DLC This Month
May 7, 2020, 12:27
Fion

Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II DLC This Month May 7, 2020, 12:27
May 7, 2020, 12:27
 Fion

Greenskin DLC, finally! That faction has needed a face lift (and retooling) for some time.

But High Elves? They are a very solid faction, to the point that most new players are pointed to playing them first. I would have thought Wood Elves needed the love substantially more; ah well.Playable Yvresse and Caledor will be nice though.

I agree Vemo, it is a lot of paid DLC for sure, so people think the game is nickle'd & dime'd out. What they don't realize is these DLC actually rework older and less fleshed out factions while also adding loads of new content about every six months. It keeps the game continually fresh at a low price point (this one is only $8 to preorder). Plus they almost always are followed up by free DLC within a few weeks that adds new stuff as well, including another legendary lord . Hell, an entire faction was added to the game as free DLC - Bretonnia. Some of my favorite Legendary Lords are from free DLC: Grombrindal of the Dwarves, Lokhir Fellheart of the Dark Elves, Tictaq'to of the Lizardmen (bad name but super fun campaign).

It is a lot to get into but it all goes into deep sale several times a year, and you don't need any of it.to enjoy the heck out of the game. I usually recommend people get Total Warhammer 1 & 2 when on sale, (usually for less than $20 for both) get all the free DLC (of which there are many) and the Mortal Empires DLC. Play around, try a few factions, and if you find you really like a faction, pick up any DLC relevant to it when it too goes into deep sale.

Now me.. I absolutely fell in love with TW:WH2 after being gifted it by a friend and when it went on sale I bought everything for it. This was about a year ago and I've really not stopped playing it since.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2020, 12:56.

Re: Steam VR Ownership Increases by Almost One Third in One Month
May 3, 2020, 13:44
Fion

Re: Steam VR Ownership Increases by Almost One Third in One Month May 3, 2020, 13:44
May 3, 2020, 13:44
 Fion

I think I know what a lot of gamers spent their corvid stimulus checks on...

Re: Archer: The Witch's Wrath Announced
Apr 28, 2020, 13:30
Fion

Re: Archer: The Witch's Wrath Announced Apr 28, 2020, 13:30
Apr 28, 2020, 13:30
 Fion

This could be interesting. Early in the trailer I thought it looked a little like Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.

When is someone gonna make a game similar to that gem? Come on dev community!
3757 Comments. 188 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    188  ] Older