Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3603 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 6, 2018, 12:58 Fion

For those who dislike the UI or how long things can take, check out the no man's sky nexus. There are mods that fix a lot of the UI issues.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Ground Battle Video
9. Re: Star Citizen Ground Battle Video Aug 3, 2018, 13:27 Fion

How can the engine be this bad all these years later? I saw texture pop-in on models, rubber-banding movement, and above all a barely playable framerate with just a few dozen characters on screen or a few dozen ships in space.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2018, 13:55 Fion

Yea it finally cooled off Blue and lots of rain in the near future for NY, but we've needed it. It barely rained at all in June or now July.

Besides, who doesn't love a big window-rattling thunder storms?

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Demo
3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Demo Jul 19, 2018, 14:34 Fion

Yikes that's as big as the full game.

I do too Alamar. The monotization and other issues held me back in the game but it was really fun. I didn't get far enough to experience having a keep and invasions, and training up orcs, etc.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
2. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 13:19 Fion

IDK about bridges, that'd overload an already stressed engine. I mean did you see the last demo about articulated hand on the low-poly character in the texture-less boxy hallway? Ran at like 15 fps.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 13, 2018, 11:21 Fion

I figured I'd seen the last 'PC gaming is dead' article when reports came out last year that more PC game's accounted for the same share of sales as every single console combined.

That's right, all games sold on the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii-U and Switch combined accounted for 29% of all game sales for 2017. PC games accounted for 28%.

Edit: having looked at the article, it's entirely based on brand sales. Here's a hint for you article author: PC gamer's don't buy Acer laptops to game on.

News Comments > Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat
10. Re: Guild Wars II Writers Fired Over Social Media Spat Jul 6, 2018, 12:13 Fion

Cutter wrote on Jul 6, 2018, 12:05:
The witch hunt is far from over in this, The Age of the Snowflake. When will people learn? There's just no upside to social media when weighed against how fast it can torpedo your career and life. Just say the - apparently - wrong thing once and the snowflakes will be at the castle door with pitchforks and torches in hand screaming "Burn him!".

Oh they are far to afraid to leave their safe space and actually go out and storm the castle with pitchforks & torches

News Comments > Conan Exiles is Funcom's Best and Fastest Seller Ever
5. Re: Conan Exiles is Funcom's Best and Fastest Seller Ever Jul 5, 2018, 14:12 Fion

I just got the game a few days ago and am having a blast, playing mostly single player with a lot of tweaks in server settings.

I'm definitely interested in the server your running Darks, and will be PM'ing you.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Fans Are Remaking LOTR: The Battle for Middle-earth Using Unreal Engine 4 Jun 30, 2018, 10:50 Fion

The Battle For Middle Earth games were simple and limited in design (and engine) but none the less probably the best games to come out in the franchise.

If EA stops this despite the fact it's non-profit and EA will never make another one of these games, I'll hunt their execs down so help me.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 30, 2018, 10:42 Fion

I don't give a crap about consoles, but I wonder what's up Sony's but about crossover games on the PS4.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
4. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 30, 2018, 10:37 Fion

Lol what hyperbole and drivel. The story & quests in Dying Light were the most generic, most fetch/kill/fedex bullshit I've seen outside World of Warcraft.

I wonder how much they paid for this article.

News Comments > Overwatch Wrecking Ball Details
7. Re: Overwatch Wrecking Ball Details Jun 29, 2018, 12:43 Fion

This is the craziest character they've ever made. Watching streams of this is a laugh a second as those who've already gotten pretty good at it careen on the grapple to high speeds and slam through the enemy line.

One things for sure, Wrecking Ball sure wrecks death ball formations.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video
7. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Video Jun 29, 2018, 12:36 Fion

The low poly 'soldier' in a low poly room with basic textures who can barely walk without crashing the framerate is hilarious to me. Ooh, you can rotate his hand! This is what 6 years and $180 million gets us?  

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
18. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 27, 2018, 20:45 Fion

I loved LOTRO, I just wish the combat system was a little more interesting. I was part of a fantastic RP guild, between that and exploring the world I grew up loving, I had a blast. If only you could level up by farming pipe-weed and RP'ing, I'd have played that game for years.

And Jdreyer, twinking is when you take a low level character and bend the games rules to equip powerful equipment. AO had amazing twinking because gear doesn't require a level, but meeting minimum required stats. The games implant system allowed you to choose like augmentation implants that boosted every potential stat in the game (and there are a LOT). With enough time, money & friends (with high level spells), you could get a level 20 character into gear meant for level 100 characters and just destroy shit.

I was never the best at it, but I knew people who would use scientific calculators to eke every last ounce of power out of the system.

I made a lot of money as a Fixer getting this buffing gear for people. The Fixer class was one of the weakest at launch, and there were so few of us we had a secret underground network that we'd work together taking jobs for people and running missions for rare goods.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2018, 20:57.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
6. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 27, 2018, 12:54 Fion

Shout out to 3305 Local!

My favorite MMO ever, though I haven't played in ages. Haha I remember the very early days when it was buggy as hell. My (clan-side) guild settled in Old Athen because it was the least laggy, and a small empty building there became our headquarters, and we'd farm the junkyard out in Athen Shire.

I remember because that game was so buggy and had such a huge memory leak early on that I upgraded to a whopping 500mb of memory. Used to blow people away that I had that much lol.

It really was a refreshingly complex MMO with a lot of new ideas that became standard in games like WoW and other more popular titles. AO2 would be awesome, but MMOs aren't that successful anymore and it's not like the IP is well known.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
15. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jun 11, 2018, 11:45 Fion

Heh I've read comments that it looks to much like Bladerunner, and others that said it wasn't bladerunner enough!

I'm glad you finally played Witcher 3 Beamer, it is a one of a kind masterpiece. I somewhat agree with you in that this game won't be as special and thus probably not 'quite' as good For those of us who played the first two games or read the English versions of the books, that game was like coming home. Without established characters that we love this game can't quite hit that same mark.

That said, it looks awesome! I'm glad they went their own way with the design instead of just copypasta the Bladerunner aesthetic. I can't f'ing wait for this game!

Oh and I do not believe the narrator is the main character, or at least he's the male version. Like say Mass Effect, you can design your own character and perhaps they have a male & female voice actor for each. That's what I assume because there is demonstration video out there showing an early character customization UI.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2018, 23:17 Fion

Yea Fallout 76 sounds interesting. I'm disappointed that it wont have a server browser and you cant even select what online game you join. So you won't be able to set up like a small PvE game with you and 4 friends, you'll be joining a random game with random players (save your allies), no PvE servers possible. Though it is cool that your progression will be persistent. Though you can at least play it single player, so... I'll probly get it lol.

That f'ing little ESVI preview trailer that didn't even list the name of the game. WTF!

I'm SUPER EXCITED for Starfield. Though details are scarce I saw a video showing that it has a big galaxy to explore, a persistent story, and no leading screens between planets & space (and planets are HUGE!). With Bethesda Softworks behind it, could we get an actually good space game for once? I still feel the pangs of No Man's Sky!

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2018, 23:08 Fion

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 19:11:
Fion wrote on Jun 10, 2018, 13:45:
Glad to see Vampyr up there too. The game isn't without some issues, and it's a slow game that isn't for everyone. But for those who don't mind a slow, methodical game with lots of dialog & morally gray choices to make, it offers a really unique experience, with lots of innovative mechanics.

Have you been killing people, or trying to play through without killing anyone?

I'm not playing pacifist because IMHO, it denies you access to one of the better features of the game - choosing who to kill. Very few characters are obviously set up for feeding, or clearly just have no connections with anyone else and is purely despicable. Even those that are, killing them has an impact on the game in the chaos level of the zone they populate.

For example, in the 3rd area you gain access to there is this asshole slum lord with nothing good about him. He's racist, exploits immigrants, forces his female tenants to fuck him if they can't pay his exorbitant weekly rent. He's a perfect target it seems. But once you eat him you get a little bit of his backstory (you hear the last thought of those you embrace). He's a cruel asshole but his story is rather sad, and his death (and the death of an important NPC in that zone you'd do a quest with around that same time) seriously destabilizes the area.

It's all quite interesting making that choice. The first person I embraced (killed from drinking their blood) I didn't have all his hints yet (bits of backstory and connections with other NPCs). He seemed useless, a pure drunk with no friends or family. But what I heard in his final thoughts as I drank him dry, I fear I may have missed an interesting side-quest.

News Comments > Anthem Videos
5. Re: Anthem Videos Jun 10, 2018, 14:30 Fion

Knowing there are no loot boxes, no RNG, no 'buying power' but only the option to buy cosmetics strait up. My interest in this game has gone from a 2 to a 5. The idea of an evolving story that actually reshapes the land is pretty cool. Though this is EA so not a doubt in my mind those 'new, evolving stories' introduced over time will cost $$.  

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2018, 14:11 Fion

Forgot to mention, the story in Vampyr is fantastic. But Dontnod has a reputation in the last few years for great stories.  

3603 Comments. 181 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo