Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3678 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Video
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2019, 13:28 Fion

A full year? That's bullshit.'

Well, hopefully Epic's little experiment will be dead inside six months and this game will pop onto Steam or GoG by then.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Released
12. Re: Borderlands 3 Released Sep 13, 2019, 13:28 Fion

Reviews I'm reading say it's a bug-ridden mess.

I'll get the finished product when it comes out on Steam in six months.

News Comments > RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month
2. Re: RUNE II in November; Open Beta This Month Sep 11, 2019, 12:57 Fion

Yea it'd be nice to see them get a win.

I look forward to the game and hope the multiplayer is heavily inspired by the original Rune. That game had amazingly fun PvP multiplayer, though it was a niche game.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC
4. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Post-Release Multiplayer & Free DLC Sep 4, 2019, 12:35 Fion

Personally I'm hoping for semi-persistant multiplayer, with strong tools to let us create missions and events to share. Something like GTA Online's Content Creator, only substantially more robust and yet fairly easy to use to create a wide variety of missions instead of just 'races or capture pvp'.

I'm a storyteller, a long time Pen & Paper roleplayer, I want to create and tell stories about and within this game's beautifully crafted world.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Adds New DLC and Free PvP Update
2. Re: Conan Exiles Adds New DLC and Free PvP Update Sep 3, 2019, 13:11 Fion

Agree. This is from a fan of Funcom... I know, crazy right? But I adored Anarchy Online, played it for almost a decade and made internet friendships that are still going strong.

The first or second DLC that came out that was basically just new weapon sets and (ever more expensive) building materials, I felt like that was just the simple stuff while they worked on adding new dungeons, new areas to explore and conquer, etc.

Instead, as eRe4s3r puts it, just more 'minecraft stuff'. Still, there must be an audience for it or they'd stop doing it.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II - The Hunter & The Beast Next Month Aug 30, 2019, 13:00 Fion

Good to hear, I was hoping it'd be greenskins too. But I'm glad to hear the next DLC will update them (darkelf was unexpected but cool news). And of course chaos & beastmen will get their love in the rumored chaos-focused WH3.

Nakai is gonna be a beast, and the dread saurian is gonna be so fun to use! I just hope it doesn't make the other dinos obsolete. Knowing the Lizardfolk economy, he'll be so expensive you'll probably have to choose between him and a dino stack. :p

Having a playable Empire faction in the new world is gonna be sick. Can't wait for this DLC!

News Comments > Ubisoft: Steam Business Model "Unrealistic"
16. Re: Ubisoft: Steam Business Model Aug 28, 2019, 12:59 Fion

Hey Ubisoft, if you think the Epic model is better because it doesn't take as much revenue, why are your new games still $60 on the platform? By your own logic shouldn't new game releases be cheaper on EGS because they take a smaller cut of your profits?

Greedy fucks.

News Comments > Broken Lines Breaks Out This Year
1. Re: Broken Lines Breaks Out This Year Aug 28, 2019, 12:54 Fion

Seems to combine two of my favorite games: X-Com and This War of Mine.

I'll definitely keep my eye on this one.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2019, 13:06 Fion

Blue I had a similar issue with a muscle over my left shoulderblade. You want to treat it with hot & cold. Go buy a couple hot/cold water bottles at your local pharmacy and some Aleve - Back & Muscle Pain. Fill and freeze one bottle, fill the other with hot but not boiling water. Pop an Aleve (1 every 12 hours), it contains a muscle relaxer, and sit on the hot pad until it cools and then cold pad until its warm, repeat a few times a day and that muscle should relax back to normal in a day or two. Just don't go for a jog or something before then.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 13, 2019, 14:20 Fion

You know that google, facebook, amazon and other big tech companies are building their own little cities? Turnover is so high at these companies that one day soon when you get hired at one of them, you'll live in their town, with their police (facebook already paid to build a precinct near their campus), their houses, their grocery store, their restaurants, their boutiques and other places to shop. They will be your life.

Don't believe me? Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxxhuzjT9aM

The time of the cyberpunk waveslave is just around the corner. Because you'll live where they want you to live, you'll buy what they offer to sell you, they'll police you with their own cops. Quitting your job would mean changing your entire life.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 13, 2019, 14:14 Fion

Who doesn't love programming in Python. As a back-end web developer I fought hard to get my company to switch over to it in the mid 90's, though these days most of the platforms we work on use Javascript, PHP or RoR. I'll always prefer Python for my own personal projects.  

News Comments > Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released
5. Re: Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic Released Aug 13, 2019, 13:59 Fion

Darks wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 13:23:

Yea, I was playing this months ago with a few friends, and we had a great time. went back in yesterday to play because some other friends just bought it on sale for 7 dollars. And all of my progress was gone and my levels on my chars were reset back to level 1. Was so pissed off!!

no idea why they reset the servers and wiped our chars.

Um, this isn't part of the expansion, because I haven't had my char's wiped, or any of my friends who play. That may have been some kind of bug, I'd do a little google searching to figure it out.

The expansion does introduce a new advancement system - Weaves - that have their own progression, talents, gear, etc. It's rather a pain because you basically have to start over, but it's a tier system. Each weave map you run has its own goals and alterations (the first one for example, killed enemies leave brambles that slow you if you touch them). The rewards are kinda meh, there are no chests, but the challenge is to play at the highest difficulty you can and run weaves to the highest tier you can. In the beta my friends and I have managed Weave 28, we've yet to beat 29. We aren't playing on the new difficulty yet either lol.

It absolutely has some issues and isn't as rewarding as the normal game, but the new enemies are great, new events are fun and the weaves keep things interesting. They dramatically changed the balance of most weapons, but the feel was ruined and they reverted a lot of it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2019, 13:51 Fion

I just finished watching The Boys season 1 last night, and I really like the show. For those that haven't heard:

It's premise is 'super heroes in real life', with human ego's and potential for corruption, mental illness, and the exploitation of these 'heroes' by a mega-corporation. It's based around a guy who wants revenge on a hero that wronged him and who gets involved with a group of guys that want all 'supes' dead, as they get in over their head and reveal a giant conspiracy.

It's funny, it's dramatic, and it's quite well done. It also ends with a serious curve-ball.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 4, 2019, 13:35 Fion

Ending support for one platform so that its users will begrudgingly switch over to the new one is hardly what I'd call a 'win'.  

News Comments > Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free
31. Re: Get Alan Wake and For Honor for Free Aug 3, 2019, 13:55 Fion

The day I consider giving EGS an install is the day they announce they won't be doing anymore exclusivity deals.

That said, I do not begrudge any developer that signs a limited-exclusivity deal. It's no different than limited-exclusivity on consoles. It's a business decision, a few million bucks to give them more time to improve their game and market it, in exchange for a smaller purchase-base until their second release window (and by then few people will begrudge them).

I'm pissed off that BL3 & Metro Exodus & Retro City Rampage & Outer Worlds are timed exclusives, but I do not blame the developers.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 16, 2019, 14:22 Fion

Shanghai Dragons weren't just the worst team in 2018, they were the losing'est team in e-sports history with a record of 0/40!

Mind a good 80% of the team was replaced for the 2019 season and that team saw middling success most of the season (still a massive improvement).

That said, they've been playing a comp since early in the season that has become somewhat the meta in the last few weeks. They smashed the top 3 teams in the game because the other teams simply couldn't adapt to it.

Still, congrats to them! Everyone loves when the underdog wins it all.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2019, 17:04 Fion

aS SOMEONE WHO... woops.

As someone who types ~1000 words a day as part of his living, I can say with confidence that the CAPSLOCK key can suck it!

You could put literally anything elsewhere (save the QERTY keys) and I'd be a happy camper!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2019, 16:36 Fion

Valves Index VR is selling like hotcakes.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jul 10, 2019, 12:11 Fion

I'm vaguely hopeful for this game. Time will tell.

Frankly I'd much rather it have been a Werewolf: the Forsaken game. Apocalypse is basically 'your in green peace, but your a werewolf'.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2019, 14:21 Fion

Seems participation in the summer sale event paid off for Chucklefish. Whens the last time Starbound was in the top 10?  

3678 Comments. 184 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo