Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3407 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 21, 2016, 14:18 Fion

This console E-PEEN bullshit is getting hilarious. I mean what even is the market share of 4k tvs? 2%?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed
23. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Delayed Sep 16, 2016, 15:43 Fion

If delay = a better game at launch. I'm all for it.

Sadly not all delays = a better game at launch. I'm looking at you No Man's Sky!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 12, 2016, 14:08 Fion

Lol their driver situation is still a bit of an issue. New games come out all the time that seem to have major issues for ATI users until new drivers hit. Happens with nVidia too but not with the same frequency.

On the subject of the MSI VR One.. the battery life is 1.5 hours? You've got to be kidding me! Probably takes 6 hours to recharge too.

Awesome that a VR movie (short) won an Emmy, but it consists if basically sitting there and watching the short within a 3d space. You can't move around, you cant interact in any way. I think interactive VR movies may be awesome, but this isn't it.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 2016, 14:25.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 09:36 Fion

'4k thanks to the power of the Playstation Neo'

Is that why the area we're seeing is so startlingly low-poly? Everything but the characters - even the plants has an angular look and design. Who ever is 'playing' is also moving and looking around visibly slower so the framerate doesn't crash and even then there's tuns of tearing going on.

I hope this isn't the design premise of this entire game. Cut the polygon density down significantly and curtail FoV and information on screen so that you can present a game at 30fps, 4k. The situation only changes in cut-scene mode.

And this gameplay.. is this the No Man's Sky version of Mass Effect?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 4, 2016, 15:07 Fion

Can we PLEASE get the PC version out within like ~4 months of consoles this time instead of a year.

Granted PC version of GTA V was clearly the best version, that year and a half wait lead to better graphics and expanded gameplay. Even if - by PC standards - the online gameplay is terrible lol.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 4, 2016, 14:51 Fion

All these people buying a full-price expansion to - as I understand it - a broken, and bug-ridden alpha game... makes me sick. It sets yet another dangerous precedent and says to the company and others like it:

"Hey, you want to be greedy and sell content to a game that isn't even finished and probably never will be? Go right ahead! In fact, we'll reward you for doing so!"

This comment was edited on Sep 4, 2016, 14:57.

News Comments > ARK Expansion
21. Re: ARK Expansion Sep 2, 2016, 14:54 Fion

I have yet to buy a single game in Early Access and I likely never will. More often than not games go unfinished, or their developers take the money and run or bullshit like this happens.

I feel sorry for you guys who spent full price on an alpha product a year ago when everyone lept on this bandwagon expecting a full game to eventually hit. But its nobodies fault but your own.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 2, 2016, 14:26 Fion

Ah Thresh.. he was a blast to watch. Especially his 1v1's, rare but someone would think themselves the better of him and challenge him repeatedly until he finally accepted. Then he'd devastate their asses in a 30/2 match.

I used to play Quake 2 professionally he'd occasionally come to the big tournaments, especially Quake-Con. But by that time he'd retired, so while I was lucky enough to meet the man I never had the chance to play against him.

I was good, but not that good! :p

News Comments > NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod
6. Re: NVIDIA's Fallout 4 Mod Aug 31, 2016, 20:42 Fion

A Bethedsa RPG that uses volumentric lighting instead of 2002-era point lights? Why.. it's unthinkable!

On a serious note I have an off-again on-again relationship with Fallout 4. I get fed up with its gameplay and horrible support for dialog & RP but then a new cool mod draws me back in. So I might try this out at some point.

News Comments > Carnival Games VR Announced
2. Re: Carnival Games VR Announced Aug 31, 2016, 14:16 Fion

But..but funnel cake is literally the only reason I go to carnivals as an adult.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & GotY Edition Released
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & GotY Edition Released Aug 30, 2016, 13:50 Fion

I've been playing by bits, since the game first launched. I tend to do this when I know its going to be the last experience in a series. I did buy the expansions though finally for the day in 5 odd years i'll get to them. :p  

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Videos
11. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 29, 2016, 14:05 Fion

Bioshock Remastered for today's consoles*

*bringing the graphics up to the level they were on PC in 2007.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 14:07 Fion

Not to mention mods for item stacking and one of the most popular right now, Bigthings (which makes trees/rocks/etc much bigger) makes each world feel just a bit more alien.

NMS is a meh game at best, but NMS with mods is at the very least.. somewhat more playable lol.

Also glad to see Dragon's Dogma is doing well, I bought it when it first hit PC a few months back and it's a solid port and really a fun survival/exploration rpg with tuns of post-campaign content to participate in.

I recommend going on the steam forums if you buy the game and look for a thread for adding steam friends who are playing, it makes it more likely your companion will be used by other players (and makes their companion free for you to use) which is super handy.

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection Videos
2. Re: BioShock: The Collection Videos Aug 28, 2016, 14:03 Fion

OMG the game's gonna be in 1080p with 'up to 60 fps'? It's a whole new experience!  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
35. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 13:52 Fion

I gotta say, I'm really enjoying the game. I have 11 hours in already and I haven't even touched the primary mission (investigate the bombing), so those reviews that said it was 20-25 hour long campaign, yea they blasted through it without doing any secondary stuff. Between exploring these gorgeous hub zones with tuns of little secrets to find and doing a bunch of side-missions that are generally very good; with moral dilemmas and hard choices to make, I haven't even thought about starting the story mission yet.

I do agree though on the technical side the game needs work. They say the max settings are demanding.. why is it I can run games with similar quality of graphics and get 50+ FPS, but I have to put this one on medium/high without some of the bells & whistles to get squeak out 30-something in the demanding scenes? The engine CLEARLY needs some optimization when even the big rigs are having a hard time with max settings.

The mouse acceleration issue is a big one as well. I'm used to having a fast mouse, for gaming I have the dpi set quite high, but the game has crazy acceleration, you have to keep the speed setting really low or its so fast it makes ya want to puke.

If I have one game-based issue (besides technical) its with the games animations. They aren't that great, very canned looking. Coming off of Witcher 3's world class animation systems it's somewhat jarring and immersion breaking when characters in this game are so robotic at times.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Aug 23, 2016, 12:56 Fion

Time to buy some more loot crates on Overwatch and hope RNGesus is with me since that's virtually the only realistic way to get the new Summer skins/poses/etc besides getting 1 box per 20 games (I'm nearing 100 again) and you cant buy them with in-game currency.

So thanks again for that Blizzard. Here's hoping I unlock one of the Zarya legendary skins cause most her regular skins are terrible.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 23, 2016, 12:52 Fion

Did anyone not see this coming? The 'most popular' pokemon game ever is also one of the worst.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
24. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 12:50 Fion

When a review says they got to the end in 20 hours, that usually means I'll have a good 35+ of enjoyment out of a game. Reviewers rarely do side-content, explore, get into the social stuff like talking to various NPCs, getting immersed in the story, etc. They have a review to write and a hard deadline so they play that game like its going out of style.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Gamescom Video
3. Re: Dishonored 2 Gamescom Video Aug 19, 2016, 22:08 Fion

I think they are all the same because who ever is playing in the demo attacks enemies the same way each time. With the robots, he cuts off the head then gets up high and uses the dagger to break the gears.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
32. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 14:22 Fion

Most reviews seem positive because there's tuns of options, cool suit mods, even more ways to approach missions. There are random side missions you can happen upon that are interesting and rarely generic, the characters are well done with good voice acting. Biggest reason it isn't getting 95+% on every review apparently is because the story isn't as good as last games, and feels 'stuck in the first act' through the entire game.

Funny thing is some reviews are giving it a point off- 8/10 for example, because of this. Others are giving it 2.5 stars specifically because the story isn't the greatest.

3407 Comments. 171 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo