Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3701 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Games Free for the Weekend on Steam

6. Re: Games Free for the Weekend on Steam Nov 10, 2019, 13:17 Fion

Elder Scrolls Online is 100gb download. That's insane. It means the free weekend includes all the content the game has. They should cut it down to just the base game + maybe thieves guild/dark brotherhood and bring that down to ~30-35gb.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2019, 13:35 Fion

WTF Texas? After police dogs retire they used to be just euthanized? That's pretty fucked up Texas.  

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

1. Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 4, 2019, 12:41 Fion

Call of Duty

"Becoming more like Battlefield with every iteration!"

News Comments > Pro Fortnite Player Banned

4. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 12:38 Fion

"Ill I was doing was showing millions of people how to cheat. I don't understand why I got banned for that! *WAH!*"  

News Comments > The Sims Earnings Pass $5 Billion

1. Re: The Sims Earnings Pass $5 Billion Nov 4, 2019, 12:36 Fion

My wife loves the series, and is always playing on her laptop.. well more like creating content for others to play really. She's always making something, beautiful houses, famous families, etc and uploads them to the games website where other's download and use em.

There's a surprisingly large community that is constantly churning out content & mods. Sims 3 is like 10 years old now and it still gets tuns of fan-made content.

News Comments > No Ray Tracing in PC RDR2; Preview Roundup

1. Re: No Ray Tracing in PC RDR2; Preview Roundup Nov 1, 2019, 13:13 Fion

Since I've already played the hell out of this on my PS4, I'm going to wait about six months to buy it on PC. I'll get it when it's on sale and by then there should be a plethora of mods to improve the game.  

News Comments > Midday Consolidation

2. Re: Midday Consolidation Oct 30, 2019, 13:28 Fion

So the top selling non-portable consoles of all time are:

1. Playstation 2
2. Playstation 4
3. Playstation

That's a pretty damn good track record.

News Comments > Cooking Simulator - Cooking with Food Network Released

1. Re: Cooking Simulator - Cooking with Food Network Released Oct 26, 2019, 16:07 Fion

So like.. why would I ever pretend to cook something only to not be able to eat the results. I'd rather actually cook.

Besides, with my synesthesia I'd be smelling that food the whole time, and I'd be hungry as hell after playing the game.

News Comments > Bethesda Responds to Fallout 1st Fallout

6. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 1st Fallout Oct 25, 2019, 13:09 Fion

I'm so scared for the next Elder Scrolls. Will it require a $100 a year subscription to play?  

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Released

12. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 25, 2019, 12:18 Fion

I don't play shooters on my PS4 (rather pointless when I have a PC really). But this is the first game that is really pushing me to install the Epic Games Store.

I generally adore games by Obsidian (even if they are rough around the edges at first), and this seems right up my alley.

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Fleet Carrier Update Delayed

1. Re: Elite Dangerous Fleet Carrier Update Delayed Oct 24, 2019, 12:34 Fion

Say it isn't so!  

News Comments > PlanetSide 3 Plans Confirmed

10. Re: PlanetSide 3 Plans Confirmed Oct 21, 2019, 13:38 Fion

Planetside was an absolute blast back in the day.

Planetside 2 was microtransactioned-out-the-ass and while fun, those people who spent a hundred bucks or more to 'advance faster' started to very easily kick the shit out of everyone else. It was absolutely P2W, though you could get all those advantages without spending $$$, just very... very... slowly.

I am hopeful about Planetside 3, I hope they go a different route. Maybe overwatch style with an initial purchase & microtransactions that are cosmetic-only.

News Comments > Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood in Summer 2020

3. Re: Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood in Summer 2020 Oct 20, 2019, 13:11 Fion

Actually the music perfectly reflects Werewolf: the Apocalypse. Werewolves are the world's most powerful creation, it's guardian in a war waged with civilization, and that war is being lost. In the umbra - a shadow-realm that reflects the earth and it's constant destruction - the Wyrm and its demonic creations push for this great collapse. They create and inhabit terrible mechanical constructs (a few seen in this video), sometimes they possess humans to bring about destruction and disorder. The werewolves also believe that vampires are unwittingly possessed by the Wyrm as well, another sign of the great collapse and coming apocalypse. The werewolves (Garou) are desperate to keep from happening, their rage ever-present. (Note: I haven't played Apocalypse in years, I may not be 100% right here lol).

I'm a much bigger fan of the newer Werewolf: the Forsaken (2e), it has a much better premise and isn't all just gothic-punk echo-warrior stuff. However, it's made by a different company that isn't owned by Paradox so that isn't going to happen.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Announced

9. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Announced Oct 20, 2019, 12:58 Fion

I get that we're seeing World of Darkness properties coming out because Paradox owns white-wolf, but I'd love to see some Chronicles of Darkness games, maybe from other publishers. CoD is a modern retelling of the classic world of darkness. It runs off a similar system mechanically but is entirely it's own thing, with it's own vampire, werewolf, mage, changeling, etc... lines. The 2nd edition CoD lines have been absolutely fantastic, and could translate well into amazing video games.

Though it'd probably be best to do something besides vampire & werewolf to avoid confusion with people unfamiliar with the TTRPGs. Perhaps Changeling: the Lost, one of CoD's most popular games, or Beast: the Primordial, which is an entirely new game, with no classic WoD variant.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

15. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer Oct 17, 2019, 14:18 Fion

I have it on PS4, but I've not played very far into it. I basically just did lots of side-activities and a little of the main story and eventually got bored lol.

I'll wait about six months so that the mod tools are out and some modders have dramatically improved the most annoying part of the game - the UI lol.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2019, 11:34 Fion

Wow, 23 years. I've been a member for most of those years. Makes me feel old.

News Comments > Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests

7. Re: Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests Oct 8, 2019, 11:27 Fion

They revoked his prize purse? Punish him for breaking a rule on your own stage is one thing, taking money he has legally earned is another. Granted, he probably wouldn't have even seen a check until sometime next year. Blizzard is notorious for not paying winners of their e-sports competitions for months, or even years.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month

52. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month Oct 5, 2019, 12:01 Fion

Seriously? I bought a PS4 last month basically just for this game (and Spiderman), cause I didn't think it'd ever hit PC! Ah well, there's plenty of other great PS4 games I can get to justify the purchase lol.

And I guess Rockstar will have my money twice. Though I'll probably wait six odd months until the modding community really begins to spring to life. At the very least.. so they can fix the games god-awful UI.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2019, 13:31 Fion

I have high hopes for Planet Zoo, but I'm not about to pre-order.

Destiny 2 I got for free and had plenty of fun with it. But it doesn't take long before you hit the 'grind wall' and I get that's part of the genre, but I stopped playing as I hate grinding.

News Comments > Conan Exiles Getting Mounts

2. Re: Conan Exiles Getting Mounts Sep 27, 2019, 12:43 Fion

Yea the NPCs in the starter area are stupid easy, on purpose. Though AI NPCs/Animals/Monsters will never be as fun as another player in a fight.

Also, these types of games are never very fun in single player.

3701 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >