Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Fion McCumal

Real Name Fion McCumal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fion
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 22:23
Total Comments 3713 (Veteran)
User ID 17499

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed

2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jan 16, 2020, 20:34 Fion

NOOOO!

Well, if it means a better game so be it. But damn that hurts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2020, 12:19 Fion

Call me stubborn but I'm not installing Win10 until I do another big upgrade, in a year or two.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

28. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 12:56 Fion

I'll be happy to install EGS and enjoy their free games the moment they end their policy of anti-consumer exclusivity. deals.

I'm happy to see they did well, and hope that its enough for them to rethink the policy.

News Comments > Op Ed

15. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2020, 15:43 Fion

Typical puff piece with a clickbait title. Gaming appears to be in decline only if you focus on AAA companies. If you look at the AA and indie markets, they've never been stronger.

Hell just a few short years ago, PC game sales accounted for nearly as much as every console combined. PC gaming in particular, is still growing rapidly. As are gaming PC sales.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Metaverse

14. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Jan 1, 2020, 13:18 Fion

Let's be honest, the only reason The Mandalorian is a one-episode-per-week show is so you'll stay subscribed to Disney+ longer! The platform has very little new content, most of what was announced isn't out yet, and there's only many times we adults can justify watching our favorite Disney movies over again.

That's why the Mandalorian is a weekly series, period. Disney+ is new, so retention is absolutely a must for them. Best way to keep people paying is to spread out the content. Hell I'm surprised S1 wasn't released every other week, just to string out those subscriber numbers.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count

25. Re: The Witcher 3 Hits New High Player Count Dec 31, 2019, 12:34 Fion

the time-jumping plotlines is *poorly* handled...

Remember when Westworld had all these time jumps that didn't always make sense in the moment and everyone was talking about how amazing the show was because it didn't lead you by the hand and instead relied on the viewers ability to figure out what was going on, what the rules of the show and the universe were.

Funny how just a few short years later another show does that and some people fucking hate that they have to figure out the time jumps and the rules of the universe, how magic works, etc.

News Comments > Morning Patches

2. Re: Morning Patches Dec 23, 2019, 13:18 Fion

I think it's important to remember that Witcher 3 Yen when comparing to show Yen (especially first half of the season Yen) is that she's like 30 years younger. Games yen has had all the experiences of the books and losing Geralt (to his memory).

Anya Chalotra is doing a pretty bang up job as young Last Wish Yen. They've added a lot that isn't in the first book on her as well. Stuff that is in the books, but not in the first book.

News Comments > CD PROJEKT and Witcher Author Settle

30. Re: CD PROJEKT and Witcher Author Settle Dec 21, 2019, 13:49 Fion

Glad to hear they got more rights for the series. I'd love to see some kind of anthology release, telling stories about each character from earlier in their lives, something like that.

As to the series, I watched the first two last night. There were a few janky moments (like the constant 'they are your destiny' lines in the first episode) and felt edited a bit weirdly.

But Episode 2 was fantastic. Jennefer is gonna be a fan favorite. Dandelion (or whatever his name is in the show) was funny and well played. Ciri's hidden potential moments were great. I love that it's pretty plain to see that her 'grandparents' are holding onto this big secret, without giving any of it away.

Oh and the action scenes throughout so far have been stellar. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. I want to binge so bad, but I'm doing 2 episodes a night. Pace it out, soak in all that Witcher goodness.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2019, 12:08 Fion

W'ere getting old Blue. I had a few teeth pulled from the front of my mouth recently. It's gonna make Christmas dinner a bit harder to eat as I won't be getting a partial later January.

Ah well, at least I'll have fun showing off the big gap in my mouth to all my relatives lol.

News Comments > Diablo IV Item Changes

4. Re: Diablo IV Item Changes Dec 4, 2019, 13:16 Fion

I like that gear has benefits keyed to one (or more) of the three new stats. It makes gear useful to more than just the one subset of one class that might use an item and gives you lots of opportunities to really customize your build and play style.  

News Comments > Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Announced

1. Re: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Announced Dec 4, 2019, 12:49 Fion

Hope it uses PF2E rules as a base.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 2, 2019, 13:00 Fion

At first I read that as 'Netflix ditches'... and bout spilled my coffee.  

News Comments > Games Free for the Weekend on Steam

6. Re: Games Free for the Weekend on Steam Nov 10, 2019, 13:17 Fion

Elder Scrolls Online is 100gb download. That's insane. It means the free weekend includes all the content the game has. They should cut it down to just the base game + maybe thieves guild/dark brotherhood and bring that down to ~30-35gb.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2019, 13:35 Fion

WTF Texas? After police dogs retire they used to be just euthanized? That's pretty fucked up Texas.  

News Comments > Morning Multiplex

1. Re: Morning Multiplex Nov 4, 2019, 12:41 Fion

Call of Duty

"Becoming more like Battlefield with every iteration!"

News Comments > Pro Fortnite Player Banned

4. Re: Pro Fortnite Player Banned Nov 4, 2019, 12:38 Fion

"Ill I was doing was showing millions of people how to cheat. I don't understand why I got banned for that! *WAH!*"  

News Comments > The Sims Earnings Pass $5 Billion

1. Re: The Sims Earnings Pass $5 Billion Nov 4, 2019, 12:36 Fion

My wife loves the series, and is always playing on her laptop.. well more like creating content for others to play really. She's always making something, beautiful houses, famous families, etc and uploads them to the games website where other's download and use em.

There's a surprisingly large community that is constantly churning out content & mods. Sims 3 is like 10 years old now and it still gets tuns of fan-made content.

News Comments > No Ray Tracing in PC RDR2; Preview Roundup

1. Re: No Ray Tracing in PC RDR2; Preview Roundup Nov 1, 2019, 13:13 Fion

Since I've already played the hell out of this on my PS4, I'm going to wait about six months to buy it on PC. I'll get it when it's on sale and by then there should be a plethora of mods to improve the game.  

News Comments > Midday Consolidation

2. Re: Midday Consolidation Oct 30, 2019, 13:28 Fion

So the top selling non-portable consoles of all time are:

1. Playstation 2
2. Playstation 4
3. Playstation

That's a pretty damn good track record.

News Comments > Cooking Simulator - Cooking with Food Network Released

1. Re: Cooking Simulator - Cooking with Food Network Released Oct 26, 2019, 16:07 Fion

So like.. why would I ever pretend to cook something only to not be able to eat the results. I'd rather actually cook.

Besides, with my synesthesia I'd be smelling that food the whole time, and I'd be hungry as hell after playing the game.

3713 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >