Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Unknown Soldier

Real Name Unknown Soldier   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 18, 2003, 17:32
Total Comments 95 (Suspect)
User ID 17494

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming
17. Re: Chris Taylor Leaves Wargaming Nov 24, 2016, 04:26 Unknown Soldier

I played through SupCom2 once. Was it a bad game? No, but it was bland and far too limited in scope compared to its predecessors. I have never felt the urge to revisit it.

I still play Forged Alliance to this day. I have been through the campaign quite literally dozens of times. Creating crazy scenarios for myself in skirmish never gets old. It is a true classic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Released
5. Re: Killing Floor 2 Released Nov 19, 2016, 01:29 Unknown Soldier

I just had a "what year is it" moment, checked Steam, and indeed I purchased this game in April of 2015. Played the heck out of it last year (over 140 hours) and it was quite good back then. Wonder what's changed but so many good games coming out right now I doubt I'll fire it up again.

To anyone who hasn't played it and enjoys horde mode shooters, this one is top notch (caveat: unless something has gone horribly wrong in development since last year, but I doubt that).

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
8. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 30, 2016, 15:17 Unknown Soldier

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 14:00:
If you live in Myanmar you have bigger problems to worry about than video games.

How does that in any way matter while discussing the issue at hand? These people have had something they paid for taken from them with no recourse.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend
4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Free Weekend Oct 27, 2016, 22:23 Unknown Soldier

That is a great question. I was a huge fan of NS1 and pre-ordered NS2. Pre-ordering anything is incredibly rare for me but I had faith in these guys.

And they built a solid sequel. The problem is it just didn't have anything really new and different in it from the first one. I played it for only a few days before that "been there done that" feeling was on me. I think it was just too similar to the first one to really grab people.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2016, 00:47 Unknown Soldier

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 11, 2016, 21:59:
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad (the guy who bought me an Odyssey, Intellivision WITH Sound add-on, and my first computer TI-994A WITH CASSETTE DRIVE!). Miss you both

Sup TI 99/4a with cassette drive buddy.

How many hours of YOUR youth were spent typing in basic programs from magazines and saving them on cassette?

Sorry about your folks, glad you have the good memories though.

News Comments > Free Play Coming to EVE Online
7. Re: Free Play Coming to EVE Online Aug 31, 2016, 15:44 Unknown Soldier

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 15:33:
No one cares. It's a game for griefers by griefers which is why it always has been and always will be a niche game F2P or not.

So, lost everything you own to a gatecamp and ragequit?

I am really looking forward to retirement in 20 years or so because that's when I'll finally have time to properly play EVE.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced
12. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Announced Aug 2, 2016, 17:52 Unknown Soldier

That was a pretty underwhelming teaser. But I'm excited to see where they go with the game. It doesn't take much to please me when it comes to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - No Man's Sky
4. Re: Gone Gold - No Man's Sky Jul 7, 2016, 19:05 Unknown Soldier

Why do people feel the need to shit on this game before they play it? Seen that a lot around the net when this game is discussed and it baffles me. Unlike Debbie Downer over here I'm looking forward to this game. I don't need 5 billion unique permutations of anything to enjoy hopping from planet to planet.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 15, 2016, 16:04 Unknown Soldier

Yeah Amiga died by suicide, not killed by any competitor. Such a waste of an amazing product and the talent behind it.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 29, 2016, 04:03 Unknown Soldier

Yeah this game is just lacking something. I bought the PC version when it came out, played it for a few hours here and there and it was just... boring. Beautiful and soulless.  

News Comments > Order of Battle: US Marines Beta
1. Re: Order of Battle: US Marines Beta Feb 13, 2016, 14:24 Unknown Soldier

the next expansion is paying tribute to one of the most famous branches of the US Army: the Marines!

I really hope, for their sake, that was a joke. Otherwise I fear for the safety of the dev team.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Troubleshooting
5. Re: XCOM 2 Troubleshooting Feb 11, 2016, 14:22 Unknown Soldier

I'm not here to defend shitty software release practices, and god knows 2K is guilty of that many times over, but saying a PC game maker "only had to focus on one platform" is patently ridiculous. Considering the almost limitless possible variations in PC hardware configs I'm surprised most games work as well as they do.  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
1. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 10:32 Unknown Soldier

Played all night. Got 3 hours of sleep before work. No regrets. My only beef is that they didn't add standard controller support (XCOM was my go to game for playing while on the treadmill) but hopefully a Steam controller (which it does support) will solve that.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
20. Re: Feds can read every email you opened last year without a warrant Sep 9, 2015, 19:58 Unknown Soldier

Feds can read every email you opened last year without a warrant

I'd like to see them try that, considering my family's emails are all on a server in my basement.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 24, 2015, 17:42 Unknown Soldier

Fuck.  

News Comments > Fallout Countdown
22. Re: Fallout Countdown Jun 2, 2015, 15:38 Unknown Soldier

Please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online, please don't be Fallout Online...  

News Comments > D.I.C.E. Award Winners
22. Re: D.I.C.E. Award Winners Feb 6, 2015, 16:30 Unknown Soldier

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 14:04:
Yes, totally agree. It was an ok game, but definitely not an award winner.

I must disagree. It had some of the best voice acting I've ever heard in a video game. It should win some awards for that alone.

Other than that though, yeah just a well made, fun game. Not legendary.

News Comments > Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges
3. Re: Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges Dec 18, 2014, 21:44 Unknown Soldier

Eve online was doing this before it was cool.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 18, 2014, 15:54 Unknown Soldier

First asymmetrical shooter? I guess they have never heard of Natural Selection, AVP, or Left 4 Dead.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Dec 2, 2014, 02:33 Unknown Soldier

I've spent almost 20 years in IT and started it out working the phones for desktop support. I'm pretty sure I could talk almost anyone through this, including my... all-things-digital-challenged wife.

If the roles were reversed and she was reading the manual, I would just start cutting wires and pushing buttons because that would be our only hope.

95 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo