User information for Steve Dave

Real Name
Steve Dave
Nickname
SmacK
Email
Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
If ID software makes a game you won't see me for a long time......
Homepage
None given.

Supporter

Signed On
June 11, 2003
Total Posts
4 (Suspect)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

The Soul Still Burns....
Aug 6, 2003, 13:50
The Soul Still Burns.... Aug 6, 2003, 13:50
Aug 6, 2003, 13:50

Soul Calibur II is great. It's not the kind of jump in gameplay soul blade was to soul calibur, but it is just more of a very fantastic thing. Edge Master mode is fun and adds more to the replay value. And the Xbox having spawn is pretty cool. I kind of wish it was an xbox exclusive, not to screw other consoles, but to have the game be on par with DOA3 in graphics. I just love this game so much it would have been great to see it all pixil shaded and bumpmapped and be a huge jump in graphics. Maybe namco will make a PC version.....they are giving us a shitty port of Dead to Rights......hmmmmm.....I can dream can't I......
There are times when I really hate the gaming industry.

Re: Well....
Jun 12, 2003, 15:22
Re: Well.... Jun 12, 2003, 15:22
Jun 12, 2003, 15:22

Hey TimothyB,
You make a good point. It was kind of bastardish of me to compare EF2 to HL2 and D3. What I was trying to get across was that EF2 is a fun diversion while you wait for those other big games.

On another topic,
It's true Doom3 doesn't seem like it will innovate very much. It looks as if Doom3 will have a very cinematic presentation with run and gun gameplay. Did I expect more from Id? No. I'm not sure how they do it but they always made mindless gameplay really fun for me. In fact I went back to play Quake 2 and it was still a good time even with the dated graphics and stupid A.I.. It is something about the levels, placement of enemies, artwork, and weapon balancing that makes me love Id's games. No other developer has the kind of control over run and gun gameplay that Id does. In the end, sometimes we all just want to kill alot of stuff and Id makes it happen.

HL2 and D3 are lookin good but don't expect them to be an Enter the Matrix, cause they aint......and thats a good thing.

The game is $19.99.......
Jun 11, 2003, 16:57
The game is $19.99....... Jun 11, 2003, 16:57
Jun 11, 2003, 16:57

For 20 bucks it is what I expected.....nothing new to fps games, kill everything on screen, mindlessness , and yet it was fun. Console gamers with a PC might like it more than PC only gamers. People who get angry over "no innovation" need not apply.

Well....
Jun 11, 2003, 16:39
Well.... Jun 11, 2003, 16:39
Jun 11, 2003, 16:39

I think if anyone buys this game, thinking it is going to be average, it will keep them entertained. Don't go buying it thinking it's a Half-Life 2 or Doom 3 cause it ain't. It may be nice to play while you wait for something better.
4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older