Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1516 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Morning Mobilization May 26, 2017, 03:16 1badmf

covenant was dogshit. marginally not as bad as brometheus. just as dumb characters, just as self-important while sacrificing good writing for spectacle.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2017, 17:52 1badmf

Pigeon wrote on May 22, 2017, 12:00:
Agent-Zero wrote on May 22, 2017, 11:10:
Experts say that her white dress might have looked like fish. Sea Lions get fed from the dock all the time. More info here:

pretty sure thats not the case since the sea lion straight up growls at her and bares his teeth right before he turns around and comes back up to snatch her in

As an expert in sea lion behaviorology I can confidently say that sea lion is a jerk. As you can easily witness he went up and told the girl she would be more comfortable if she had a seat on the railing, only to drag her into the water moments later; what a jerk.

i know you're being facetious, but it's wild animal; those idiots should've been a lot more wary of it and kept their distance. and how many times have we all been told NOT TO FEED THE WILDLIFE?!? idiots.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2017, 04:43 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on May 21, 2017, 23:57:
1badmf wrote on May 21, 2017, 19:06:
i gotta say i'm not thrilled about the trailers. too shooty-shooty-bang-bang for me. bladerunner was never about action. one of its chief criticisms when it came out was that it was too slow in fact. bladecrawler some called it. i hope he didn't adjust it for the ADD millennial crowd, but the trailers sure look like it.
Perhaps it is my faulty aging brain, but I seem remember there being plenty of action in the original. I mean Harrison does hunt down and kill the replicants. I mean is it a non-stop shooter? No. But overall...never heard the term "bladecrawler" before, and it seems to me anyone using it should seek a doctor for a possible ADHD diagnosis... Winkrazz

right?!? that's not what i'm saying it was, but something a critic wrote when it came out. it got fairly lambasted upon release, which speaks more to critics' own self-delusions than anything else. but it really wasn't an action flick in the traditional sense. there's probably 20 minutes of action in a 120+ min movie. the rest is exploration of character and world building - some of the best that's ever been put on film.

i dread that this will be like the total recall remake - high quality visuals while adding nothing to the thoughtfulness of the original.

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2017, 19:06 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on May 21, 2017, 18:18:
Congrats to Charlie Jane Anders for her Nebula award. I always enjoyed her stuff at IO9, but when I saw that she had a couple of stories in last year's Best Sci Fi Shorts Anthology I was skeptical. I assumed she got in because of her connections. But her stories were not only really good but completely different in both content and style. Good stuff.

Also congrats to Denis for his Arrival award. Well deserved. He's the only reason I am looking forward to the new Blade Runner.

i gotta say i'm not thrilled about the trailers. too shooty-shooty-bang-bang for me. bladerunner was never about action. one of its chief criticisms when it came out was that it was too slow in fact. bladecrawler some called it. i hope he didn't adjust it for the ADD millennial crowd, but the trailers sure look like it.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2017, 18:53 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on May 20, 2017, 15:29:
jdreyer wrote on May 20, 2017, 14:30:
VaranDragon wrote on May 20, 2017, 11:37:
Im going to make an educated guess and say that it's not an alien megalithic structure that's causing the dip in the star's brightness.
Occam's razor says it's aliens. Obviously.
I wish it would turn out to be aliens, because it would be so damn cool/interesting/terrifying. The "broken up planet" idea I heard recently didn't seem like too far of a stretch...

not likely. even a massive planet like jupiter would only dim a star by less than 1%. breaking it up would dim it even less.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Revealed via Leak?
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Revealed via Leak? May 10, 2017, 01:26 1badmf

the modern day stuff will always be there - it's a central frame narrative of the story; you don't get the past stuff without the DNA reader doohickey. genetic memory is one of the main themes of the series and if you don't have that, you're just playing prince of persia.

i'm glad they took time off from the yearly releases. it was getting super stale with the collection quests and cookie cutter missions x1000. allegedly this will be more of a free form, user chosen game. i hope so.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 3, 2017, 17:15 1badmf

is there some magic quality to his guns? or do they not have anything better than revolvers? cuz if not, he's gonna looooove earth guns XD  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 19, 2017, 15:06 1badmf

Nucas wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 14:38:
hey you miserable shits, this forum is currently giving away 20,000 beta keys for quake champions. you'll need to register to acquire the key.

russian = automatic nope =D those guys will hack you just cuz you're not russian.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 13, 2017, 17:22 1badmf

i feel like you guys have never seen an OLED monitor before. the picture quality is STUNNING. and unless you're a pro gamer, 60hz/fps is plenty. even bleeding edge machines can barely top 60fps at 4k anyway.  

News Comments > Into the Black
17. Re: Into the Black Apr 10, 2017, 23:28 1badmf

overbooking should be straight up illegal. they shouldn't be allowed to sell something they don't have, which is a seat on the plane once it's fully booked up. it's flat out choosing greed over people.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched
8. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Patched Apr 7, 2017, 01:43 1badmf

sigh... remind me not to buy anymore games on launch day. in the other post they also said they'd implement better customization features for the character creator in the next two months. i ain't touching the game again until that shit's in.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 6, 2017, 17:17 1badmf

those are some pretty impressive hardware specs (for a console). the major thing i think no one is seeing yet is that it can play 4k blurays. there's a small but growing a/vphile market there that ps4pro completely missed the boat on by not including 4k playback. i think that segment will power scorpio sales as much as gamers and blow ps4pro out of the water.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2017, 17:08 1badmf

the trolling pic of the badger at the end XD that did it for me  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 30, 2017, 17:53 1badmf

this makes no sense. the law is by definition public domain isn't it?if you can copyright the law, you might as well sue the world for copying the constitution.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 29, 2017, 17:16 1badmf

ledhead1969 wrote on Mar 29, 2017, 16:59:
I don't recall seeing ANY Blue's posts about this ISP selling thing for the 7.5 YEARS OBAMA ALLOWED IT. Hypocrisy FTW.

are you for real dude? that is so misleading you could be sued for defamation.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2017, 17:10 1badmf

somewhere in the dank recessed of my brain i knew there was a forum, but you guys actually post there? like, regularly?  

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta
12. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free; Mirage: Arcane Warfare Closed Beta Mar 27, 2017, 17:06 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 16:41:
Jagacademy wrote on Mar 27, 2017, 15:36:
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare has the best first person melee combat out of any game ever made, period. So before you go saying how terrible it was, show me a game that did it better...you can't. My only complaint was the "ballerina" spinning sword attacks, but I only occasionally get beat by someone using them, the majority of the time it backfires since they turn their back to you to do it. No other game has come close to matching the skill and fluidity of sword fighting however, with being able to block, parry, riposte, etc, using a wide variety of weapons.

That being said, this new game actually does look pretty terrible. Will have to wait and play it, but until then it doesn't look very enticing.

You never played Jedi Knight Outcast or Academy did you?

he's not wrong. i played those, am a huge star wars nerd, and as a mindless sword-and-hammer masher, chilvary can't be beat.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Mar 26, 2017, 18:13 1badmf

fascinating article, although it doesn't really explain how patent law can restrict a person's usage rights after purchase. patents only cover design, not usage, no?  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 25, 2017, 18:18 1badmf

you can still avoid paying tax by looking for smaller retailers that don't have a physical presence in your state. i tend to avoid newegg unless they have unbeatable deals since they're based in cali. this is still true if you buy off amazon marketplace as long as the seller is out of state. i bought an $800 monitor off marketplace last xmas and paid no tax on it.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2017, 18:13 1badmf

it really is amazing how english has never come up with a neutral singular pronoun even though there's basically always been a need. and using 'they' for that just trips my OCD.  

1516 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo