Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1514 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2017, 16:07 1badmf

mitch mcconnell is a soulless demon of a politician who doesn't give two shits about doing the right thing. there is no circle of hell torturous enough for a dude who will defund the healthcare of millions of poor so that a couple billionaires can have some pocket change for an extra boat.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 24, 2017, 01:27 1badmf

the entertainment industry will kill this so hard they'll make a michael bay movie out of it just to troll us.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2017, 16:26 1badmf

RoboNerd wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 14:28:
Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 11:11:
Holy shitballs that's an insane shot. 10 seconds to reach the target? Guy must have been sitting down or something. I love how they mention the US would have just dropped a bomb and killed all the civies in the area as well, lol, so true.

Before reading this my thought (jokingly) was he must have taken the curvature of the Earth into account. Then I read at that distance they do! Sneaky

not just the curvature of the earth, but the rotation of the earth as well! the planet rotates enough in the time and distance the bullet is fired to alter the shot by a few feet at those distances.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2017, 01:15 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 16:13:
I need a Android/Music person's help with a question.
Neighbor (a senior) is looking for a music app to 1)find all the music on his phone regardless of where it is, and 2) play it. He uses some crazy app to download music off the net, but I haven't had much luck getting Google's music app being able to add the folder as part of his normal 'hey play music in this folder' routine.
If anyone could give me some insight I'd appreciate it (and don't care if it's a payed or free app), as long as it's fairly easy for him to use.

every android music app i've ever used will automatically scan the entire drive for sound files. did both on my old samsung and my current LG. personally i use poweramp; it does this too, so unless his crazy app encrypts his music into some funky format, just look for the option to rescan for music.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2017, 17:16 1badmf

if hearing about vir has awakened a need to rewatch b5, you can stream it for free at https://www.go90.com/

no it's not a pirate site, it's run by one of the phone carriers as a promo, so totally legit. don't even have to sign up for anything.

as for vir, i like to think he's followed dr. franklin and g'kar in exploring beyond the rim =(

19. Re: Elite Dangerous The Return Patch Plans Jun 18, 2017, 04:07 1badmf

NKD wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 02:10:
Rigs wrote on Jun 18, 2017, 00:26:
*sigh* Wishful thinking, I suppose...

he isn't dead! he's just exploring beyond the rim, with Dr. Franklin and G'kar =((((

Yeah JMS has been so busy with other stuff that he just couldn't get any other B5 stuff pushed forward. Now that half the cast are gone, and the rest are doing their own thing, I don't think we'll see any more.

Maybe someone could do a good reboot at some point...

not a reboot. i don't think anyone's sad attempt at remaking b5 would ever compare favorably to the masterpiece. but b5's timeline is so huge, they could just as easily write a new story anywhere from -billions of years to +1 million years. i'd certainly watch the story of valen during the first shadow war.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 17, 2017, 01:22 1badmf

you guys are idiots. free speech has never been unrestricted. public safety has always been the do-not-cross line. if someone comes to harm as a direct result of the intent of your words, you're guilty and you always have been. this is nothing new.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 15, 2017, 16:13 1badmf

after the sticker shock of $800 for a ps3, five hundo is whatevs, esp. ten years later.  

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers
6. Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2 Trailers Jun 13, 2017, 04:48 1badmf

it's always been strange to me how i've always heard it's such a transcendent experience, yet everything i've ever seen of it is this kiddie lookin' platformer. i could never get past that.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2017, 17:13 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 16:46:
Got it! Deal

... Thumbsup

holy shit bob, you live there now? when's the housewarming party!??!

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2017, 16:59 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Jun 8, 2017, 16:36:
I can understand if you give up in another state - I might feel the same way - but here in California we're the political equivalent of the Star Wars Rebel Alliance.

A few examples:

https://twitter.com/JerryBrownGov
https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris
https://twitter.com/tedlieu
https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom

oooooh we're the rebels. i like that =DDDD
the real question becomes, who gets to be han. I GET TO BE HAN.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2017, 16:57 1badmf

spoiler free wonder woman impressions:

watch it if you can. i don't know if i'm just succumbing to gender stereotypes, but it's made with an emotional sensitivity that every other comic film has utterly ignored. it earns its emotional payoffs - by the time they hit you, they matter because you're emotionally invested in the characters, because you felt the things they felt along the way.

gal gadot is impressive as diana. her physicality is utterly authentic - you believe she is the most powerful person on the screen. one thing that's always bothered me about female action heroes is that most of the time you can tell they're faking it because the actress is not a good athlete. whether it was scarjo as black widow or all the way back to linda carter as WW, just from the way they run, there's no power behind it - they run like girls, they punch like girls, etc. not so with gal. maybe it was from her time in the IDF, but she fights like someone who's trained to fight all her life. and oh by the way, she looks like a goddess on screen, too tall, too beautiful to be human.

the action scenes were every bit as good as, say, winter soldier, and the final battle was incredible. best one i've seen in a long time. go see it guys. if you enjoy the theater experience, this is one of the top reasons to go. maybe even take someone on a date, but that might backfire cuz she might go overboard with the girlpower thing and full on lezz out on you XD

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2017, 02:01 1badmf

MeanJim wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 00:43:
DG wrote on Jun 3, 2017, 18:09:
Hmm, pretty sure I'd read something science-y that dogs can tilt their heads to more precisely locate the origin of a sound.

That's what I thought too.

i think the two things are related - they get curious about a sound so they tilt their heads to more precisely fix its location.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 30, 2017, 23:54 1badmf

Quboid wrote on May 30, 2017, 23:45:
jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2017, 21:59:
That Lexmark case is huge.

Should be some pretty big implications for people actually owning stuff they buy. I don't know how far this goes.

the justices were fully aware of the greater implications. they said this covers everything sold publicly that is not contractually bound at purchase - patent rights no longer apply after sale.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2017, 23:47 1badmf

RoboNerd wrote on May 30, 2017, 21:57:
Cutter wrote on May 30, 2017, 16:14:
Task wrote on May 30, 2017, 15:09:
I actually liked Prometheus way better since all I wanted to see was a Space Jockey and more mysteries and that's what I got out of it.

This is what I don't understand. They left with wanting to go to the Founders homeworld. Wtf happened to that? Now that could have been interesting.

I am hoping the director's cut on Blu-Ray may add something more as it did with Prometheus. I agree that this movie should have dealt more with the Engineer's homeworld called "Paradise". What we saw in this film didn't appear to me to be that. The inhabitants of this planet only looked "engineer-like". There was speculation of two factions of the Engineers - the Creators, and the Destroyers. Ridley seemed focused on evolving the proto-xenomorphs into the Alien xenomorph. I don't really care much about that. And I really didn't need to see more face huggers, chest busters, or back busters. And the whole "I'm in charge but nobody respects me" angst of the schlub in charge was tedious.

whole movie was tedious. they asked a whole boatload of questions in brometheus, scott and that fuck lindeloff assuring everyone they'd get answered. then here comes covenant and they just blow off everyone and say 'more chest bursters! more gore! give us your money!' fuck that, i'm not theatering the next part.

News Comments > Memorial Day Legal Briefs
6. Re: Memorial Day Legal Briefs May 29, 2017, 17:23 1badmf

man, after reading that i'm pretty sure my car does it. 2013 hyundai genesis 2.0 turbo. as far as i know turbos don't need to be warmed up, yet it seems to struggle with power for the first 15 or so minutes after startup. after that it really stretches its legs, and the article specifically says one of the test checks was to reduce power for the first x minutes after startup.

after that, the way i drive i'm probably spewing smog like a chain smoking dragon XD

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2017, 03:14 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on May 28, 2017, 22:06:
Pigeon wrote on May 28, 2017, 21:19:
Pretty sure you can still run one stick at a time, you just won't get dual channel performance, which doesn't matter since you're just testing the memory. Also try reseating the CPU, I've had at least one mystery not posting to bios problem solved by that.

It sounds like you've gotten a lot of use out of that rig, so at this point an upgrade wouldn't be the worst thing. Though I do understand not liking the unexpected expense.

Okay, got it running on one stick of RAM. Thanks everyone.

Looks like I'll be retro gaming for a while with only 4GB of slow RAM.

Will have to figure out if I want to upgrade mboard, CPU, and RAM; or just order new RAM.

Want to build a rig for VR at some point, but was hoping to get away with replacing my GTX 670 with a 1070 or 1080 while keeping my current CPU, mem, and mboard..

bro it's totally time to upgrade. for me too - still running a 2500k/ r9 290. just waiting for vega to come out, and will probably get a ryzen setup on black friday.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2017, 20:05 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on May 28, 2017, 15:32:
Was going to check out Impact Winter this weekend, but the Steam reviews are uniformly awful. Also gaming PC died suddenly yesterday. Still performing surgery.

RIP Gregg. The Allman bros were one of the greats.

ugh diagnosing can be a super PITA. swapping out parts one at a time to see which one is the failure, and that's assuming only one failure, and that's assuming you have the spare parts lying around. really feel bad for doctors who can't diagnose by swapping parts in and out XD

13. Re: Morning Mobilization May 26, 2017, 03:16 1badmf

covenant was dogshit. marginally not as bad as brometheus. just as dumb characters, just as self-important while sacrificing good writing for spectacle.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2017, 17:52 1badmf

Pigeon wrote on May 22, 2017, 12:00:
Agent-Zero wrote on May 22, 2017, 11:10:
Experts say that her white dress might have looked like fish. Sea Lions get fed from the dock all the time. More info here:

pretty sure thats not the case since the sea lion straight up growls at her and bares his teeth right before he turns around and comes back up to snatch her in

As an expert in sea lion behaviorology I can confidently say that sea lion is a jerk. As you can easily witness he went up and told the girl she would be more comfortable if she had a seat on the railing, only to drag her into the water moments later; what a jerk.

i know you're being facetious, but it's wild animal; those idiots should've been a lot more wary of it and kept their distance. and how many times have we all been told NOT TO FEED THE WILDLIFE?!? idiots.

1514 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo