Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1674 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2018, 00:07 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 21:58:
Kxmode wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 17:23:
Starbucks tweets, "On 5/29, we'll close US company-owned stores to conduct racial-bias training to address implicit bias & prevent discrimination. We're taking a hard look at who we are as a company. We’re ashamed & recognize that racial bias is a problem we must address." I didn't know this was a thing.

It's a thing because there have been a series of unfortunate events at Starbucks recently involving African Americans who were just minding their own business. In addition to being the right thing to do, Starbucks clientele has a fairly liberal bent so it's good business to appear that you take racial equality seriously.

yeah it's just insane how racist that whole situation was. i can't imagine being so terrified of a race of people that just their presence sends me into a panic like the manager of that starbucks.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2018, 23:22 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 20:48:
Quboid wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 18:09:
When I first heard that Sean Hannity was involved in the Trump investigation, I figured it was bullshit. Something I was supposed to believe because it sounded good. Now I'm not so sure.
Why would Hannity need a "fixer" lawyer that protects older white men that have affairs with younger women?

ooooo nice hadn't thought of that. wonder what kinda tabloid trash is in his closet.

News Comments > New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced
26. Re: New AMD Ryzen CPUS Announced Apr 13, 2018, 17:39 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 16:37:
Creston wrote on Apr 13, 2018, 14:15:
Don't confuse the Wraith cooler with the garbage that Intel ships with their processors. The Wraith cooler is fucking awesome. It easily overclocks my 1700 from 3Ghz to 3.8Ghz and is still just dead SILENT at that point.
Good to know. Makes the AMDs even more cost competitive.
In fact, my whole PC is whisper silent.

So, you running integrated graphics or what? Why no GPU noise?

creston running integrated graphics this whole time; did not know about graphics cards XD

16. Re: There's a Lot of Sperm on the International Space Station Right Now. Apr 10, 2018, 23:36 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 23:08:
SlimRam wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 15:24:
Well, after seeing this list of the 40 hottest female astronauts, and if the #1 girl was on the space station with me...

There would be so... SO much sperm on board.

I only made it down to about number 7 before I had to pull the eject handle.

EDIT: That sentence didn't come out right.

EDIT 2: That edit didn't either.

hahahaha that was a thrill ride XD

News Comments > DCS World 2.5 Released
17. Re: DCS World 2.5 Released Apr 9, 2018, 01:51 1badmf

Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 23:13:
Thanks for the explanations, guys, it makes a lot more sense now, especially knowing that each plane comes with its own campaign.

I may bite on that $20 pack that jdreyer linked.

i mean, if you really wanna taste just download the free version and tool around in a mustang to get a feel for the game.

News Comments > DCS World 2.5 Released
10. Re: DCS World 2.5 Released Apr 8, 2018, 20:29 1badmf

also they're deep into development of the F-14 tomcat module, which as far as i know started several years ago. so yeah, each plane takes the resources of a separate game to develop.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2018, 00:11 1badmf

Creston wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 22:42:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 21:32:
Amazon's "Lord of the Rings" To Run Five Seasons.

I love a good fantasy romp as much as the next guy, but there are so many undeveloped properties out there. Why this one again?

Name value, obviously. Sure there are a ton of properties out there, but the LotR name is almost guaranteed to succeed.

In any case, LotR on Amazon, Witcher on Netflix. Please let both be awesome so we have two amazing shows to watch after GoT is done.

never woulda figured you for a big GoT fan. fun to watch, but pretty braindead fiction otherwise imo. i truly hope this will be an epic adaptation of the silmarillion. no extra universe shit they make up would be half as awesome as that.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 5, 2018, 22:17 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 21:32:
Amazon's "Lord of the Rings" To Run Five Seasons.

I love a good fantasy romp as much as the next guy, but there are so many undeveloped properties out there. Why this one again?

if it is what i think it is, it'll be worth it. Tolkien wrote an epic prequel to lotr called The Silmarillion that is singularly the most creative piece of fiction i've ever read and i've been dying for a long form performance version since i first read it. if you've never read it and you're a scifi/fantasy devotee like me, you owe it to yourself to read it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 5, 2018, 22:09 1badmf

someone should ask pruitt point blank, if it were legal would he disband the EPA. i know his black heart would scream yes oh yes, i'd like to see if he could contain his glee at the thought and obfuscate an answer or just give the game away.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 5, 2018, 18:30 1badmf

i thought the whole point of the blockchain was to guarantee their authenticity by continually keeping a record of all transactions. couldn't you use it to trace stolen ones?  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2018, 18:26 1badmf

Rigs wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 17:14:
Flatline wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 13:32:
I'm actually fine with a Last Starfighter reboot. I love the original but it's actually a movie I wouldn't mind seeing a different take on.

If it had the same commitment to art quality that Rogue One had I'd squee pretty hard. Plus, as much as I love the movie, the story was pretty simplistic and could use development.

I mean, it's just Excalibur in space. Centauri even says "I didn't use the Excalibur test this time, I used something called a video game" or something along those lines. Excalibur is the Starfighter's symbol. There's plenty of room for a reinterpretation.

I wouldn't mind a sequel with Lance Guest as Alex as the admiral/commander of the Starfighter fleet. Kind of roll with the establishment of the "round table" if we're talking in Arthurian analogs still.

I do love Rogue One and think Gareth Edwards did an awesome job. He really retained that Star Wars feel. If he can do the same (assuming he directed it) or Gary Whitta can keep the same feel and energy of the first, than I'm fine with having a sequel/soft-reboot. The reason I'm hesitant is that it very rarely ends up being that way and usually these things crash and burn, even with the best of intentions. The only one besides Rogue One I can think of that did it right was TRON: Legacy, though I will also admit to really liking the last Star Trek movie, Beyond. It felt like an episode of the original series, for sure. It wasn't too serious in spite of itself, like Into Darkness, which I didn't care for at all, except for the soundtrack. If they can do it right, more power to them. If they get it wrong, I'mma be pissed!

=-Rigs-=

don't give edwards too much credit. apparently rogue one was a wreck when he left the project and the guy they brought in basically rewrote and shot the second half of the film. the guy that played crennick said that there's an edwards cut of the film that's massively different from the theatrical cut.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 4, 2018, 21:34 1badmf

Creston wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 20:01:
HoSpanky wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 11:53:
MacLeod wrote on Apr 4, 2018, 11:33:
"hostile stingrays"... I'm just picturing roving bands of sea animal, floating around the streets, stinging people.

That’s what I thought it was about at first.

As some of the commenters on the article said, if law enforcement can’t keep physical hardware out of the hands of criminals, how could they possibly hope to keep an “encryption backdoor” from getting out of their control?

Oh come on. "You can trust these guys. They're professionals."

Rolleyes

I wouldn't trust law enforcement with my half-eaten donut.
hey man, what do you think of the teachers' walkout and how oklahoma's being run?

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Apr 3, 2018, 23:32 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 12:21:
The blue wave, she is a coming.
Dem challenging Ted Cruz brings in a Staggering $6.7M in first quarter

America, the state of Texas apologizes for Ted Cruz.

and california of all places apologize for that gremlin lapdog devin nunes who's probably worse than cruz.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2018, 17:29 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 14:10:
She may yet survive the fire storm. Always hard to tell how long Fox will be willing to ignore the yelling...

i'll be surprised if they fire her. those soulless pricks are all in on the far right duty to spew hate about anything that attacks their values as long as they don't pull a roger ailes/o'reilly and do something illegal. hannity and carlson have said things 10x worse and they're virtual shining knights in the far right community.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 29, 2018, 23:54 1badmf

they're going into samurai (or shogun) world. that alone is enough for a weab like me XD  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 29, 2018, 23:50 1badmf

so he expect amazon to... what? pay more than they're required to in taxes? he has no room to talk until he starts paying what IS required of him instead of constantly stiffing little guys cuz they can't afford the litigation.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2018, 23:04 1badmf

Hoop wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 16:44:
I believe Jedi is going over his plans should you come at him with the shears.

First I'll attack the arm holding the shears.
If that fails
I'll bite him in the nuts.

jedi, living up to his name, is contemplating yoda's wisdom; 'luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.'

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2018, 00:50 1badmf

[quote="jdreyer"Mar 25, 2018, 23:16"22024uestion for folks. I have a wifi router, and control my daughter's laptop connectivity by setting the MAC address to a specific schedule, no wifi after 10PM, for example. However, the wifi was weak in part of the house so I set up a repeater.

Suddenly I noticed her laptop not adhering to the schedule, and discovered that the repeater reports an entirely different MAC address for the laptop. Why is that?
russians.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 25, 2018, 20:16 1badmf

any way to find out how long csgo has been in the top ten? if it's inside of ten years i'll be disappointed.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 25, 2018, 20:15 1badmf

as much of a supporter of gun control as i am, divisiveness and censorship cannot be the answer. that will just lead to further factionalism in the country which is the last thing we need.  

1674 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo