Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1297 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2016, 01:08 1badmf

sigh... first world problems.

i think most of us here are nerds of varying degrees with social skills of varying degrees, and i think i speak for the majority when i say get the fuck over it. is Munn a nerd? Triumph the insult dog said it best when he answered his own question about star wars with, "nononono, the correct answer is, WHO FUCKING CARES!?"

you know how i know that that whole article is nothing but a masterclass in click bait hipster SJW bullshit? because whether he was right or wrong, the world is not better or worse for it.

a hot chick skating by on her hotness alone? i am A-OK with that. there a place in this world for bimbos, and there always will be.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 15, 2016, 23:46 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 22:51:
So does this mean that no Lucas to utterly fuck up ANOTHER Indiana Jones movie. And no more shia labeouf?

nop, lucas still involved as i understand it.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 06:09 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 03:42:
Will need non-Videosift submissions if people want that site avoided.

Did I miss something? Why the Videosift boycott?

people were griping about it recently in the ootbs. no idea why, not that big a deal.

News Comments > Alekhine's Gun Released
2. Re: Alekhine's Gun Released Mar 12, 2016, 00:11 1badmf

strange name, reference a rather famous chess strategy. also strange, i've been watching chess videos recently and only very lately learned about alekhine's gun. like, last week. odd how things seem to pop up in multiple unrelated ways when they do pop up.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2016, 16:52 1badmf

as i understand it, what occulus is doing is the bare minimum for acceptable VR. we all remember the complaints about dizziness from lag and screendoor effect with previous OR versions, so i don't see how sony could be avoiding that while releasing a cheaper version. occulus could've probably released something on par with sony a year ago, but i like that they chose to forego quick profit with semi-functional kludge in favor of a real VR solution.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
16. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 05:18 1badmf

i enjoy it. lotsa mindless fun, and the gunplay and upgrading are pretty satisfying. don't expect it to make you a better person and and a good time can be had.  

News Comments > The Division Tips
23. Re: The Division Tips Mar 9, 2016, 18:55 1badmf

question - can steam users and uplay users play together? do we play on the same servers, just different clients? i really need division bros to back me up. surprised and relieved that hard mode was actually hard. i solo'd all the hard mode stuff in beta, easily.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2016, 18:42 1badmf

Kxmode wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 18:17:
Blue wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 16:55:
GinRummy wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 11:23:
I know it's a bit archaic, but I'm pretty sure a quarter is Two Bits, not one, so the total is 8 bits per dollar, double what your parenthetical sum is above in the Brinks story.

Serves me right trying maths in the morning!

Don't feel too bad Blue. I still have to convince myself on a daily basis that 1 is not a prime number, and I'm a web developer / programmer.

uh.. since when is 1 not a prime? in every list i've ever seen 1 is always the first prime.

i'm not going to google it, just gonna let the flames spread XD

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Trailer
9. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Trailer Mar 2, 2016, 00:56 1badmf

Ranger55 wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 00:07:
Picked up a new Logitech keyboard and got a free copy of the game. I hope it is fun, but since it was free, I don't have to worry about buyers remorse

Totally love the new G910, btw.

link to deal plz

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2016, 18:44 1badmf

MajorD wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 13:41:
Quboid wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 12:51:
rudra wrote on Feb 28, 2016, 12:41:
havent seen Fury Road - i heard that Mad Max is more of a side character compared to Charlize Theron, who is the main... it sounds fucked up

It's about Max's role in someone else's story in a similar way to Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome.

You guys have it all wrong, it was all about the guitar player.

amen to that. that dude pretty much embodied the whole film.

i also thought revenant was overrated. i wasn't wowed by it or leo's acting. in fact, i thought it wasn't even the best film in its genre. the liam neeson film, The Grey, i thought was far superior and that gets no recognition at all.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Rage Quit Punishment Coming
4. Re: Street Fighter V Rage Quit Punishment Coming Feb 27, 2016, 16:36 1badmf

why is this is difficult? quit = loss, end of story. you get disconnected, well thats your own fault for having shitty internet.  

6. Re: Your Letters Helped Challenger Shuttle Engineer Shed 30 Years Of Guilt. Feb 27, 2016, 01:04 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 21:50:
Heard the NPR story on this. It was good he got some relief from the letters -- especially the ones from NASA and Thiokol.

It is depressing though to know someone was telling the powers that were making the decisions EXACTLY why they shouldn't launch, and yet they did any way. As was reported in the story, definitely something to be taught in our engineering schools.

unimaginably for an entire bureaucracy of engineers, they got into a habit of 'if we got away with it once it's fine'. so a disaster really was inevitable with the blatant disregard for safety that was going on. even more unimaginably, they did it again with columbia. all because a couple egomaniacs put politics ahead of safety. they really should test for personality when they promote people - only the truly selfless need apply.

News Comments > The Division 60 FPS PC Trailer
7. Re: The Division 60 FPS PC Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 01:04 1badmf

Creston wrote on Feb 24, 2016, 20:51:
Very, very pretty. Not gonna lie. It looks great.

and quite a surprisingly good waste of time. if it's chump change and you have friends who play, i think it's definitely worth it.

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
10. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 20, 2016, 19:12 1badmf

Philll wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 17:07:
"We already have a lot of those issues in our sights"

*Chance to hit, 34%*

hah! more like, 80% point blank shot, hits car next to himself, blows up team.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2016, 20:41 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 15:13:
I am in the market for a new kbd. My current one is a 10 year old MS Natural Kbd. I "retired" it years ago, but it keeps being brought back into service after those new ones I get die after a year or two. Looking for a new one that will last.

classic logitech illuminated here. registers all my required button presses, nice and quiet with firm pressure, while being loose enough that the keys don't stick if you hit them at the wrong angle. that last bit really bugged me about other spendier kbs - unless you pressed straight down perfectly they'd stick and not go down.

i've had it for six or seven years now i think. only problem i had, one of the keys popped out while i was cleaning it one time, but easy enough to pop back in

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
38. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 18, 2016, 06:12 1badmf

yeah SS1 was super advanced shit for its day. it was experimental as fuck, and a lot of it didn't really work, but i loved it for trying. i only played the demo though, as it required a pentium90 and i only had a 486dx2 66mhz. still, through the 5fps fog my early teen self loved the shit out of its scifi-ness, its bleak cyberpunkness, even its weird controls.

after that they streamlined the shit out of SS2 and even though it was probably a more functional game, i was severely disappointed in its conventionality.

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
35. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 18, 2016, 01:43 1badmf

if looking glass are low key trying to get the band back together i'm all for it! sequel to terra nova plz!  

11. Re: Into the Black Feb 16, 2016, 08:31 1badmf

rose colored glasses man. i promise you if this wasn't labelled star wars and they changed nothing else you'd be as confused and disappointed by it as we are.  

9. Re: Into the Black Feb 16, 2016, 06:11 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 02:54:
1badmf wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 00:47:
i mean, why the fuck does she even need training when she learned in a day what it took luke two and a half movies, and most padawans most of their teenage years, to learn?

After the lazy cash-in that was TFA, I am pretty much done with these new Star Wars movies. The only reason I'm even considering VIII is Rian Johnson. Hope Disney gives him plenty of leash.

JJ has said that he's jealous as fuck of the new script and almost wishes he was directing it himself, which, considering the source, means who knows the fuck what. fuck JJ.

7. Re: Into the Black Feb 16, 2016, 00:47 1badmf

i mean, why the fuck does she even need training when she learned in a day what it took luke two and a half movies, and most padawans most of their teenage years, to learn?  

1297 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo