Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1573 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 01:24 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 12:24:
Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too By SALMA HAYEK

can't believe he did that to her. by all accounts she is one of the sweetest girls in hollywood and a beautiful soul all around.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 03:03 1badmf

NKD wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 02:27:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 02:18:

Achievement Acquired: Faith in Humanity.

Bruh nearly half of those people voted for a child molester because the opponent had a (D) after his name. Faith in humanity might be going a bit too far.

yeah this was the point i was trying to make. good that the other guy won, but goddamn if he didn't beat a child molester by just 1 percent. i think human decency demands that he should've won by 95%. 5% extremists i can live with. even 10%, but that's getting somewhat skin-crawly. 45% voted for this demon? there's something systemically wrong with the country and the people even if they eked out the decent choice in the end.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 01:45 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 21:26:
With just under half the precincts reporting it looks like Doug Jone might win.
tracking the Alabama election

it truly is shocking how so many voted for moore, who might be the most soulless fuck who ever lived. the republican party has become truly repugnant that so many of them can support such a hateful monster just cuz he has an R next to his name.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 21:46 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 17:10:
1badmf wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 16:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 15:55:
BobBob wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 15:36:
Will Flynn's testimony be the Achilles' heel? Inquisitive
Hopefully, Mueller is just getting started. This is just the first cut of a thousand cuts.

he's already stated he went to the russians at the direction of higher ups in the campaign. mueller will have a nice collection of heads after this, probably trump's if the gop has a shred of decency left.

"Higher ups" = Jared Kushner, in this case.

a family member at least. i wouldn't be sad to see mrs. ivanka go to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison. i do legitimately have doubts as to whether trump himself knowingly colluded, but he's certainly guilty of obstruction of justice. it's just a matter of if the GOP will impeach him or if they'll actually put party ahead of country and expose the party's black soul for all to see.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 16:44 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 15:55:
BobBob wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 15:36:
Will Flynn's testimony be the Achilles' heel? Inquisitive
Hopefully, Mueller is just getting started. This is just the first cut of a thousand cuts.

he's already stated he went to the russians at the direction of higher ups in the campaign. mueller will have a nice collection of heads after this, probably trump's if the gop has a shred of decency left.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 19:26 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:29:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:23:
BobBob wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:00:
ok.
Bobbob! You're not dead!

Whatcha been up to?

Working and writing two novels. Been fairly busy. Plus, we remodeled a kitchen and portions of our home. Finally, life has calmed down.

How are you?

out of curiosity, what's your writing schedule? and how do you motivate yourself to get up and fucking do it?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2017, 22:12 1badmf

destiny 2 is $25 on amazon right now in case anyone was feeling masochistic.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2017, 18:56 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 16:17:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 15:40:
Anyone heard from BobBob, it's been a month.
https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=55121

Maybe Blue can DM him?

i mean, if you miss him that much i can be the resident climate braggart =) 75 today in anaheim, gonna go for a run after this with my new shiny white nikes XD

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2017, 19:54 1badmf

[quote="The Half Elf"Nov 28, 2017, 18:55"12670uit buying shit from Amazon.

At least till Jan 1st.

That is all.

Carry on.

*goes and hooks up a IV of Bourbon*
jesus i think i need an intervention with my amazon account. i bought a thousand bucks of computer stuff, you know, whatevs. then i bought a rather expensive watch cuz it caught my eye while browsing... then another watch cuz it caught my eye MOAR. and rather expensive shoes and a jacket even though i already have between 6-12 of each. and i barely stopped myself from buying a new bicycle. oh and i haven't even done any xmas shopping yet XD

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2017, 19:50 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 17:20:
I was discussing M & C a few months ago with a coworker, and we decided that there hasn't been a great naval movie involving capital ships set in WW1 or WW2. There have been a lot of good submarine movies (Das Boot, K-19, Red October), and a bunch of cheesy '50s naval movies, but nothing modern, nothing classic.

For example, the story of the Graf Spee is a great story to adapt. The "enemy" captain is a man of honor, who evacuates British merchant ships before he sinks them. And the commodore of the British fleet is an A-hole, IIRC. The Battle of the River Plate is a great tactical one, and in the end the losing side "wins." It's a story waiting to be given a proper treatment.

What, 2012's Battlehsip doesn't count? blasphemer!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2017, 14:12 1badmf

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 13:57:
I'll repeat from yesterday's OOTB. Wolfenstein 2 (the brand new one) Digital Deluxe Edition is on sale for 34 bucks at Newegg right now.

what other good black friday deals did you guys see/pick up? was looking for a Vega but damn, prices were higher than they were a month ago. did pick up a ryzen 1600x/mobo combo for $240 tho.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2017, 00:32 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 16:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 14:23:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 14:06:
Also curious what she was driving. It's not every car that can hit a buck twenty.
You might be surprised. My last Honda Accord (4-banger) was supposedly capable of 130. I took it to 120 on an empty stretch of I-10.
jdreyer wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 14:07:
Charlie Rose is the latest scumbag.
I never did like his show and couldn't figure out why he was around for so long.
A couple of times I saw the morning show he hosted with 2 or 3 female hosts. The way he talked about women made me feel queasy, now i know why.

I guess a lot of cars can get to 120 if you jam the throttle and approach redline. I assumed she wasn't doing that. My G'pa had a 5-series BMW that he almost lost his license driving b/c he'd be doing 80-90 on the highway and it would feel like 50 to him. He just wasn't used to the superior power and handling.

ol' gramps wasn't lyin. i've driven an M5 and hitting 100 in that thing feels like 65 in a car for the unwashed masses. still doesn't make sense how that nutjob didn't realize she was doubling the speed limit. you gotta be super head-up-ur-ass not to know that. or, more likely, she's a lying cunt.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2017, 17:54 1badmf

surviving a sub sinking in a modern US Nuclear sub is very unlikely. in a 30 year old battery powered piece of junk? i shudder at their chances. i hope they were in shallow water and their pressure hull is intact.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2017, 23:23 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 17, 2017, 22:53:
Do NOT go see Justice League in theaters, wait till it's out on Disc and borrow a friends copy.

And I don't know why you guys worry about a Vasectomy... I'll never have to worry about hearing "Yes... you ARE the father!" ever.

JL was certainly a discount experience. i would agree; save your money. it wasn't as good as some of the DCAU movies of recent years. surprisingly chuckle worthy, but completely brain dead story and characters.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Nov 10, 2017, 00:35 1badmf

NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 23:59:
I'm confused as to how the original Star Wars trilogy has gotten this reputation as some kind of masterpiece. It's certainly a very fun, very enjoyable set of movies, but it's fast food film designed to sell toys.

But people complain and act like it's gone downhill when it's just doing what it's always done...tell a somewhat by-the-numbers story with cool visual effects and lots of merchandise potential.

That's not really meant as a criticism of Star Wars, though. Not everything has to be some pretentious intellectual circlejerk. Lots of people love Star Wars, including me.

sorry but your understanding of star wars is woefully insufficient. the original trilogy was so much more than just by-the-numbers story telling; it's sad you think that because you've missed out on 90% of the experience if that's all you saw. it's no accident that myself and most other scifi nerds rank Empire one of hte greatest films of all time, not just star wars films.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 23:44 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 19:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 14:12:
Trump Accuses Clinton of Deliberately Losing Election So He Could Be Impeached

Is that a headline from The Onion? Or has our current reality put them out of business?

political satire, not a real story. new yorker likes to htink they're a sophisticated Onion, but they're just not funny.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2017, 01:19 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 13:45:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 11:29:
Disabled Vet Running 31 Marathons In 31 Days. Not sure I could do one in 31 days.
I'll do you one better, I KNOW I could not have done a single one at any point in my life...

I've got one in a couple of months. Shooting for sub four hour.

holy shit man. what kinda training is required to get into that kinda shape? i consider myself a decent athlete, built more for strength than endurance, but i'd have to kill myself to even run a six minute mile once, nevermind 26 straight times.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2017, 19:22 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 17:21:
ruh roh

What's plan B? I get that the Whitefish deal was rotten to the core, but they need power restored.

elon musk offered to rebuild their power infrastructure with 100% renewables.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 18:41 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 16:19:
Pigeon wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 15:25:
NKD wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 14:31:
A grand jury has approved the first set of charges in Mueller's Russia probe.

Charges remain sealed for the moment, so we may not know for a few days who is being charged and with what. Smart money is on Manafort or Flynn, but it could be just about anyone in Trump's orbit. We could see arrests as soon as Monday.

Don't worry though, Trumptards, I'm sure there will be a huge plot twist and it's actually Hillary Clinton who is getting arrested for running a pedophile conspiracy out of a pizza parlor!

I'd put my money on Manafort, sounds like he has been up to shady shit all over the world for a very long time. On the other hand Trump has surrounded himself with a throng of unscrupulous cohorts, so there's a big pool of potential criminals to pick from.
Odds are Manafort for sure, but it sure would be funny if it was Kushner. He's been caught in several disclosure omissions, and is definitely involved in some skeezy shit.

i really hope it's kushner, if not now then at some point. that douchebag has a lot of people fooled into thinking he's some kind of nice guy caught up in things out of his control, but he's as much a snake as manafort and flynn. those two will get what's coming for sure, but kush is nearly as bad imo. would love to see him get the legal punch in the face he deserves. would also love to see him get a literal punch in the face. i think he's a candidate to dethrone skrelli as world's most punchable face.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2017, 17:53 1badmf

VaranDragon wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:55:
On Last Action Hero. The reason Arnie gives is really dumb. The movie bombed because it opened against Jurrasic Park. End. Of. Story.

In any case, it still made money overseas, and True Lies came out later and was a big hit.

I kind of like that movie, it's a guilty pleasure despite the annoying kid.

It's still way better than anything Michael Bay ever made.

i would rate armageddon and The Rock as superior to true lies. they sortof accidentally stumbled into the humanist side of conflict and desperation scenarios and were entertaining as hell on top.

1573 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo