Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1296 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow
33. Re: Battlefield Teaser Trailer; Announcement Tomorrow May 6, 2016, 06:07 1badmf

if you look at the reflection in his left eye (our right) it appears whatever he's looking at isn't touching the ground. caveats everywhere, but that's really all i can make out.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters
9. Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 01:26 1badmf

Fantaz wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 01:23:
hopefully they fix things soon because i want to start playing since i got a key for this game courtesy of Nvidia and want to be playing sooner rather than later

better download some hacks while you're preparing, or you'll be the only one that doesn't have any. the client/server engineering was just shamefully implemented and I too quit because of it. pretty sure most of the legit players will also drop out soon if they haven't already.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2016, 16:51 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 13:45:
KS wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 12:40:

Story: Reebok's "Alien" Shoes Won't Fit Women.

And the low rider panties and belly wifebeater are only available in men's 3x, 4x, and 5x sizes, too.

Actually had a pair when they were first issues. Were uncomfortable as hell. Sadly I hadn't finished growing and gave them to my cousin. Dead in 2 weeks

You forgot the sweat pants that say 'Juicy' or 'Pink' on the ass.

just to be clear, are you talking about the shoes... or the panties!??

16. Re: Measles: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2016, 17:50 1badmf

descender wrote on Apr 26, 2016, 16:12:
There are children who cannot be vaccinated for a number of medical reasons. They rely on "herd immunity" to keep them safe from these dangerous infections. Every time someone chooses to not vaccinate a child they are putting every other person at risk and making their own child a focal point for disease in their community.

The purpose of vaccinations is not to stop any one person from getting infected, it's to stop the spread of infection among the population. Anti-vaxxers are selfish assholes literally putting everyone else at risk for their own poorly researched amusement.

LIKE. SOOOO. HAAAAAARD. *headbangs*

someone should write a metal song about intense agreement =D

54. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 21:48 1badmf

nin wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 20:57:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 20:39:
This is not * REMOVED *able worthy.

Just saw on Google Play that GoT S01E01 is free.

HBO is supposed to be free all weekend for everyone, including the Silicone Valley and GOT premieres.

also include skin... er... cinemax XD

39. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2016, 18:54 1badmf

aww man i love a good flaming tennis match. wonder who won.  

47. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2016, 06:48 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 02:08:
Okay .. Maybe this is better or worse:

The sun rises in a constant motion. Brilliant light rays are transitorily occluded by motionless clouds; penetrating the translucent white palette; diffracting into a prismatic spectrum of neon purple, red, and orange hues, which subtly blend and envelop the sky. As the sun continues to rise, crepuscular light rays transcend the cloud's boundaries, while a spectrum of opalescent colors begin to diffuse, dissipate, and then fade away. Finally, overcoming the clouds, and superposing a blue sky, the sun's brilliant light rays shine in dominance. The result is a singular color that is most expected of the sunlight - yellow.

Book

too verbose for my tastes, but eh, it's better than most of the crap i read. another suggestion: try to incorporate some cadence into your writing. it's easier (and i would argue, more pleasurable) to read when it has a beat to it; usually iambs, but i find dactyls especially fun.

i feel your second sentence is especially chewy with the broken rhythm of the multi-syllabiac words. but then again i could just be overly critical. i've been known to do such things. feel free to disregard my nonsense if you wish.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2016, 05:10 1badmf

Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 01:15:
1badmf wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 01:07:
so servers pre-expansions? what's the appeal, out of curiosity?

There's a variety of reasons. Nostalgia for most. Difficulty for many. A chance to reconnect and share adventures with old friends. A chance to see what vanilla was like for those who missed it. Uncompromised classes. Whatever the reasons Vanilla is the purest form of WOW and the version remembered most fondly.

so three months to grind to level 60? that's if you can spend 8 hours a day on it? fuck that right in its ass tvym.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2016, 01:07 1badmf

Kxmode wrote on Apr 10, 2016, 00:55:
Sepharo wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 20:03:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 19:39:
Can one give me a quick list what a vanilla server would be?

WoW at launch right? pre-expansions.

Yes. Blizzlike is another term you may see, which means the private server matches as close to the original pre-expansion experience as possible.

so servers pre-expansions? what's the appeal, out of curiosity?

40. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2016, 02:24 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 01:21:
Thank you so much! This is the kind of feedback that is useful! I am going to print your comment for myself and analyze the writing beside it. If there is a way, and you're willing to do so, I can send you more privately, over time.

i would add, ease up on the alliteration. imo it gets distracting from the content behind the words. i did a writing group with a couple of my friends and he abused alliteration like a pharaoh building a pyramid. i tried to tell him the same thing but he was so self-absorbed with his own greatness he bit my head off rather than listen to my criticism, which is the whole point of a writing group no?

anyway, yeah, you have a good vocabulary and your technique is sound. but don't let your ideas get drowned out by your presentation.

52. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 23:57 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 23:36:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 14:14:

Mary Sue is mostly used in books, where authors (Bad authors) use a barely disguised version of themselves as the main character who has no faults and is great at everything, including things that there would be no way someone could actually perform without years of education. OH shit, the reactor is melting down? I will competently shut it down and save the day despite not knowing thing one about nuclear reactors! Martial arts master? Ha, I will block his every blow and fell him with one punch, despite never having any training! Shoot the wings off a fly at 1000 yards with a flintlock pistol? Pssh, give me something hard! But hold on, I'm piloting this Navy fighter jet with no training first.

That pretty much sums up Rey.

Also, it shouldn't be the case that there's a crap ton of stuff which makes no sense, but everyone rationalizes it with "they'll explain it in the next movie and it will all make sense!"
The movie should stand alone on its own as a story.

nailed it. there's a good way and a bad way to make part 1/3. tolkien nailed it, star wars 4-6 nailed it. force awakens... just has zero balance. you CAN make a self contained story that's also part of a larger plot. FA was just nonsensical garbage; the same kinda drivel Jar Jar Abrams has always made. i really don't care what rotten tomatoes says - they're wrong in this case. i knew even as a kid bladerunner was a masterpiece and history proved me right even though it was universally slammed at the time. i knew out of africa was arthouse crap and had no business being the best movie of 1985. i've always had a keen feel for art, and i'm tellin' you guys, force awakens will not be remembered fondly.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 16:31 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 15:09:
Agent.X7 wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 14:08:
SPOILERS BELOW!

The main complaints about TFA are kind of silly. Yes, she naturally picks things up and is good at them BUT - she has defended herself with a staff for years. Not hard to make the transition to a saber from that. Some people can pick up a gun and they are naturally good shots. She has been piloting stuff before. It's not like she didn't have the background to be predisposed to being good at this stuff.

Not to mention Anakin and Luke were both god at the things she is good at. Hmmm....

And Leia hugging Rey instead of Chewie...could it be because uncle Han died and Leia senses or knows Rey is her niece?

Actually considering a lightsaber has no weight besides the hilt, comparing it to a staff is silly. The only real weight is the weight of the attacker on the saber. That being said, watch Rey's fight with Ben and you will see that she really has no skill in 1h combat beyond thrust thrust thrust.

and yet she still beats him silly. my beef with her story is that she learned in like day what it took luke and most jedi the better part of an entire trilogy to learn.

also force awakens wasn't just nostalgic. i'm dead certain if someone else had made force awakens and just changed all the trademarked names disney would've sued for plagiarism.

but maybe now that they can't stand on the shoulders of giants with Rogue One they can make something half decent.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 16:27 1badmf

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 14:31:
sauron wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 14:17:
My kids used to have the

Y-wing + TIE fighter set

It was pretty awesome - I can definitely see the appeal. I bet the Falcon set is really cool.

That's a nice one!

i might be going down the Dark Side of lego myself. i bought the b-wing set from target over the holidays, been eyeing the millennium falcon and poe's xwing set ever since. of course having a seven year old tornado of a nephew visit every weekend is not helpful. the bwing has already been blown to kingdom come by SSD Kyle and i doubt i could put it back together again.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 00:20 1badmf

BPar wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 12:17:
Some of those slides in the color test were tough. Couldn't see anything until I sat back on several of them.

i feel like some of them are just trying to troll you. pretty sure i missed one just by rushing, nearly missed another one until i sat back a bit and noticed a pattern. tricksy little fuckers - some of them there aren't even changes in color, just an ever-so-slight alteration in color saturation. nailed it tho; got "all or nearly all" right.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2016, 17:04 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Mar 30, 2016, 16:19:
Was her bike locked up? Not blaming the victim, but ...

whaaaaat? next thing you know we'll start saying zoe quinn is a sociopathic manipulator and anita sarkeesian is nothing but a con artist gold digger ;-)

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 24, 2016, 00:44 1badmf

i almost jumped on the ultrawide bandwagon, but i took a look at them at fry's and they weren't big enough for me, even the 34" ones. wide enough for sure but i like more vertical screen space. i'm hoping they'll release a 40" ultrawide at some point.

on a side note, you could buy 40" 4k IPS monitors on amazon for awhile now. my friend has one mounted to the wall in front of his desk and it's really a bit too big for desktop gaming. 43 is excessive i feel, unless you're planning on sitting further back.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2016, 20:48 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 15:49:
I always wondered why Michael O'Hare left Babylon 5 after the first season. I thought Bruce Boxleitner was fine, but for me O'Hare was the heart of the show, able to embody so well the combination of leadership and compassion tinged with just a touch of PTSD that was Jeff Sinclair. Yes the story really starts taking off in season 2, but that first season had such an impact on me when I first saw it, and I credit his leadership and performance with that.

I've just discovered why:
In 2012, Michael O'Hare, who played the original Commander of Babylon 5, Jeffrey Sinclair, passed away. During his life, however, fans were unaware of the fact that he suffered from delusions and paranoia due to mental illness. That was the real reason he left the show after only one season. Straczynski explained how O'Hare struggled, how he was barely able to come back for a two-parter to close his character's story, but above all, that O'Hare wanted people to know the truth after his death. And the most important truth of O'Hare's struggle with mental illness is that he loved the fans, that they were what sustained him during the difficult times in his life.

really sad for sure, but in retrospect it gave the show so much more power with the two captains, and unexpected sympathy and closeness with sinclair when he came back. really loved the whole babylon 4 arc.

side note: did you know babylon 4 was originally how the show was supposed to end? SINCLAIR IS VALEN. WE ARE ALL CONNECTED. MIND *BLOWN*.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2016, 18:31 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 18:21:
Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 15:58:
Yeah, March is definitely going out like a friggin lion. It's been near 0 here last few days and staying there all week coupled with snow/rain. Grr!

The wind has been blowing here at about 20 knots for 2 weeks straight. Been sunny though.

it's been disgustingly sunny here all month. 80s with the exception of two rainy days, and frankly we need more, cuz of the drought and cuz i like the rain and the cold. i have some great jackets that i don't get to wear nearly enough =)

38. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2016, 08:34 1badmf

Julio wrote on Mar 19, 2016, 06:23:
Considering air travel is one of the worst things that can be done to the environment, I find it funny they're trying to pretend that going solar makes any impact.

not true. on a per passenger basis air travel is more fuel efficient than cars are.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2016, 01:08 1badmf

sigh... first world problems.

i think most of us here are nerds of varying degrees with social skills of varying degrees, and i think i speak for the majority when i say get the fuck over it. is Munn a nerd? Triumph the insult dog said it best when he answered his own question about star wars with, "nononono, the correct answer is, WHO FUCKING CARES!?"

you know how i know that that whole article is nothing but a masterclass in click bait hipster SJW bullshit? because whether he was right or wrong, the world is not better or worse for it.

a hot chick skating by on her hotness alone? i am A-OK with that. there a place in this world for bimbos, and there always will be.

1296 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo