Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1544 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2017, 07:04 1badmf

NKD wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 00:29:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 21:36:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 21:02:
Can we send Hillary to Alpha Century?

Could we send you instead?

Do you want a retaliatory strike by alien invasion force? Because that's what we'd get.

nah he'd be more like our version of a xenomorph; a biological weapon that could wipe out alien races without us every lifting a finger, except with stupidity. the stupidity infection would spread with such alarming virulence the aliens would wipe each other out before they could count the first five prime numbers. the best part is they've become too stupid to realized where the infection came from. we're inoculated because we're already stupid.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2017, 00:27 1badmf

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 19:14:
The question you should always ask yourself about an early access game is, "would I be okay with development stopping right now?" Right now TAB has a challenging survival mode with adjustable difficulty and 4 different tilesets of randomly generated maps. I've played about 40 hours so far and I think I'm on the cusp of being able to unlock the third map type. For $22, I don't think I'd be too upset if it never saw any further updates, just disappointed because there is a lot of potential, and I think the campaign could be really fun.

how do you even beat it once?!? don't get me wrong it's a brilliant game, but goddamn it tests you. it tests your defense strategy, it tests your perimeter size, it tests attention to detail, in the end it tests your patience, but that's more my fault than anything.

i would say i get to the end game maybe 1/6 games on 100% difficulty, but i don't really come close to surviving it. i tend to stay away from the turrets because they're such a huge drain on resources in addition to their upfront cost. i prefer building towers full of troops which are cheaper and mobile, and use thanatoses for AOE for end game rushes and their mobility. but still, i didn't come close. i built 20 thanatoses with at least 3 towers of troops at every wall, with at least triple thick walls AND ballista towers since they're cheap. and still didn't come close! even got the robot dude for free from one of my mayors. any tips would be appreciated. in the mean time, once more unto the breach dear friends...

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 22:17 1badmf

Blue wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 14:24:
Ahumado wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 13:54:
Trump stops Santa Claus at American border.

Fuck you and your link

Didn't mean that to offend, so I removed the link.

the cause of free speech is far far more important than appeasing the panties of the people who support the worst president in our history. unless it incites violence, let it stand blue. self censorship is the first step down the road of the nazi dictatorship this idiot wants. the freedom of the founding fathers is the freedom to choose our sources, not silence them.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
7. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Dec 23, 2017, 19:58 1badmf

you know what's a sadly easy solution? uncap password character limits. i like to use easy to remember but hard to guess catchy phrases as passwords but only a few sites let you use more than a 16 character PW. my google PW is something like 50 characters long and i wish i could use it on more than just that site.

you know what the next evolution in security should be? access files. no more PWs - upload a small file that only you have. in terms of characters, even a small file is thousands of characters long, and even if someone knew the file they would still need to have it in order to access your sites. wouldn't even have to be text file. could be a small image file or something.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2017, 19:49 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Dec 23, 2017, 14:32:
Gore Tex jacket, pants, and shoes. I still buy them even though it rarely rains here. But they do help sometimes when there's a heavy marine layer. In San Francisco they kept me dry while cycling under all weather conditions. A good investment. Thumbsup

did you see the spaceX launch last night? pretty amazing. looked like a giant sky jellyfish. i was at work in ontario when my boss looks up and screams WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE haha. i dont work with the brightest people but they mean well.

General Discussion > Star Wars Spoiler Thread
29. Re: Dec 20, 2017, 06:45 1badmf

Rigs wrote on Dec 19, 2017, 14:36:
I think a lot of people are miffed about the whole 'everything is unexpected' because up until now, you've been made to think and expect a certain way for Star Wars movies to go. You can't fault fans for being more upset about it being totally not what they thought it would be when Ep 7 had so much fan service and callbacks. If Ep7 had been a totally unexpected start to a new trilogy, a complete break (or almost), then Ep 8 would have gone down easier. You can't bait and switch and expect people to be 100% with it, especially with the history Star Wars has (both in universe and out).

I haven't seen the movie but I've watched all the reviews and spoilers and everything. I've gotten the gist of what happens. I can say that, really, the only things that bother me, like truly, are the ways Luke is handled. YT's Star Wars Theory put out a video the day after the movie came out with his first thoughts on the movie and it made sense. Basically, it mirrored what I wanted to see: a strong, triumphant Luke coming back from obscurity, finding the power he had long ago that he used to defeat Vader and taking the fight to the First Order. Picking up the mantle once again. Only, that's totally not what we get. Yes, it's personal, some people like this direction they took. But this is sci-fi, fantasy, and we don't have to have our heroes grow old and grumpy and guarded. The video explains it better than I, atm. They psyched us up the whole time in TFA, the whole point was to get to Luke and...yeah.

Oh, and the way they took Ackbar out is bullshit. Pure and utter bullshit. Again, science fantasy, guys! Everyone doesn't have to go out realistically like a bitch. He should've been the one to hyper that cruiser into the ship. What a fitting end that would've been. Star Wars are like a visual novel and you want your heroes to have fitting ends, if they must go. Things are just a little too down-to-earth here for my taste.

=-Rigs-=

just saw it myself. i agree with all the gripes. this was just sophomoric trash even if it was entertaining to watch.

my main gripes: they still don't explain how rey acquired the skills of a jedi knight in the space of like a week. personally i always felt that was jarjar abrams flinging cool shit at the screen and not giving a fuck about "making sense". still, if this was adequately explained in 9 (which i doubt) i would be cool with it.

my unforgivable gripe: they STILL haven't given me any reason to give a shit about kylo ren, and it's a fucking tragedy because i think adam driver does fantastic work as a conflicted villain.

when your audience is as emotionally invested as star wars fans are, you can for sure expect us to care about han and leia's son. so them just glossing over WHY HE'S THE BAD GUY is kind of a fucking major oversight. i get it - snoke dark side mumbo jumbo. no. this is something that NEEDED to be depicted on screen because it's vitally important to a central character of the story. this is just more of JJ's mystery box bullshit when in fact it needed to be explained in TFA because its absence completely robbed han's murder of any emotional impact more than extreme confusion.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 17, 2017, 18:48 1badmf

*cracks knuckles* time to warm up them starcraft APM muscles =D  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 18:33 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 18:02:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 15, 2017, 15:05:
You guys need to understand that Star Wars is for little children, it's not for adults and never has been.

/looks at run time

I'd like to see the six year old kid after spending 2:32 min in a theater, and even better would be the parent that actually thought that would be just fine along with the fried nerves of everyone around them.

As for the reviews, something seems fishy on IMDB when you click on the user reviews you can't find a single 10 yet it's running and 8.1 score.

I can't blame "professional" review critics for fawning over Disney's money machine that they're desperate to prop up, given the recent acquisitions it could mean and end of your carrier if you don't play along nice with the Mouse Empire.
The movie is PG 13, so not for little kids. Also it's full of raw emotion and violence. It's probably the most intense Star Wars movie ever made. I thought it was excellent, definitely good enough to overcome a few flaws.

so where would you rank this in the star wars pantheon? first reactions make it sound like it was the savior of the series, like Empire, but i highly doubted that. now its RT score is plummeting and frankly i've found i trust the audience score more than the critics' score. i'll be shocked if it's better than rogue one, which was an excellent adventure film but still very flawed.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2017, 00:52 1badmf

anyone know if the repeal can be repealed? if ijit pie can undo obama's fcc regulations, then maybe trump's successor can undo the undo? maybe even get congress to make NN the law?  

News Comments > The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands
8. Re: The Predator Stalking Ghost Recon Wildlands Dec 14, 2017, 07:40 1badmf

also written and directed by shane black, who contributed to the script of the original film, played radioman Hawkins, and is a very good character writer/director in his own right. i think this will be better than the dreck since predator 2.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Dec 14, 2017, 01:29 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 23:41:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 20:55:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 19:56:
After Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad how the fudge was Zack given another superhero movie to mangle.

I hear EA is hiring.

SS wasn't bad, but JLA was like getting a handjob by someone with sandpaper hands and never even gets you fully erect, then just ups and walks out of the room after showing you an hour of bad CGI.

My daughter, ostensibly the target audience and huge fan of Jason Momoa, said it was horrible.

it was a shallow mess. if you want good justice league, watch the ealry 2000s cartoon.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2017, 01:24 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 12:24:
Harvey Weinstein Is My Monster Too By SALMA HAYEK

can't believe he did that to her. by all accounts she is one of the sweetest girls in hollywood and a beautiful soul all around.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 03:03 1badmf

NKD wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 02:27:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 02:18:

Achievement Acquired: Faith in Humanity.

Bruh nearly half of those people voted for a child molester because the opponent had a (D) after his name. Faith in humanity might be going a bit too far.

yeah this was the point i was trying to make. good that the other guy won, but goddamn if he didn't beat a child molester by just 1 percent. i think human decency demands that he should've won by 95%. 5% extremists i can live with. even 10%, but that's getting somewhat skin-crawly. 45% voted for this demon? there's something systemically wrong with the country and the people even if they eked out the decent choice in the end.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2017, 01:45 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 12, 2017, 21:26:
With just under half the precincts reporting it looks like Doug Jone might win.
tracking the Alabama election

it truly is shocking how so many voted for moore, who might be the most soulless fuck who ever lived. the republican party has become truly repugnant that so many of them can support such a hateful monster just cuz he has an R next to his name.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 21:46 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 17:10:
1badmf wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 16:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 15:55:
BobBob wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 15:36:
Will Flynn's testimony be the Achilles' heel? Inquisitive
Hopefully, Mueller is just getting started. This is just the first cut of a thousand cuts.

he's already stated he went to the russians at the direction of higher ups in the campaign. mueller will have a nice collection of heads after this, probably trump's if the gop has a shred of decency left.

"Higher ups" = Jared Kushner, in this case.

a family member at least. i wouldn't be sad to see mrs. ivanka go to federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison. i do legitimately have doubts as to whether trump himself knowingly colluded, but he's certainly guilty of obstruction of justice. it's just a matter of if the GOP will impeach him or if they'll actually put party ahead of country and expose the party's black soul for all to see.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2017, 16:44 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 15:55:
BobBob wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 15:36:
Will Flynn's testimony be the Achilles' heel? Inquisitive
Hopefully, Mueller is just getting started. This is just the first cut of a thousand cuts.

he's already stated he went to the russians at the direction of higher ups in the campaign. mueller will have a nice collection of heads after this, probably trump's if the gop has a shred of decency left.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 19:26 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:29:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:23:
BobBob wrote on Nov 30, 2017, 15:00:
ok.
Bobbob! You're not dead!

Whatcha been up to?

Working and writing two novels. Been fairly busy. Plus, we remodeled a kitchen and portions of our home. Finally, life has calmed down.

How are you?

out of curiosity, what's your writing schedule? and how do you motivate yourself to get up and fucking do it?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2017, 22:12 1badmf

destiny 2 is $25 on amazon right now in case anyone was feeling masochistic.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2017, 18:56 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 16:17:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 15:40:
Anyone heard from BobBob, it's been a month.
https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=55121

Maybe Blue can DM him?

i mean, if you miss him that much i can be the resident climate braggart =) 75 today in anaheim, gonna go for a run after this with my new shiny white nikes XD

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2017, 19:54 1badmf

[quote="The Half Elf"Nov 28, 2017, 18:55"12670uit buying shit from Amazon.

At least till Jan 1st.

That is all.

Carry on.

*goes and hooks up a IV of Bourbon*
jesus i think i need an intervention with my amazon account. i bought a thousand bucks of computer stuff, you know, whatevs. then i bought a rather expensive watch cuz it caught my eye while browsing... then another watch cuz it caught my eye MOAR. and rather expensive shoes and a jacket even though i already have between 6-12 of each. and i barely stopped myself from buying a new bicycle. oh and i haven't even done any xmas shopping yet XD

1544 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo