Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1621 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2018, 17:29 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 1, 2018, 14:10:
She may yet survive the fire storm. Always hard to tell how long Fox will be willing to ignore the yelling...

i'll be surprised if they fire her. those soulless pricks are all in on the far right duty to spew hate about anything that attacks their values as long as they don't pull a roger ailes/o'reilly and do something illegal. hannity and carlson have said things 10x worse and they're virtual shining knights in the far right community.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 29, 2018, 23:54 1badmf

they're going into samurai (or shogun) world. that alone is enough for a weab like me XD  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 29, 2018, 23:50 1badmf

so he expect amazon to... what? pay more than they're required to in taxes? he has no room to talk until he starts paying what IS required of him instead of constantly stiffing little guys cuz they can't afford the litigation.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2018, 23:04 1badmf

Hoop wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 16:44:
I believe Jedi is going over his plans should you come at him with the shears.

First I'll attack the arm holding the shears.
If that fails
I'll bite him in the nuts.

jedi, living up to his name, is contemplating yoda's wisdom; 'luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.'

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2018, 00:50 1badmf

[quote="jdreyer"Mar 25, 2018, 23:16"22024uestion for folks. I have a wifi router, and control my daughter's laptop connectivity by setting the MAC address to a specific schedule, no wifi after 10PM, for example. However, the wifi was weak in part of the house so I set up a repeater.

Suddenly I noticed her laptop not adhering to the schedule, and discovered that the repeater reports an entirely different MAC address for the laptop. Why is that?
russians.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 25, 2018, 20:16 1badmf

any way to find out how long csgo has been in the top ten? if it's inside of ten years i'll be disappointed.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 25, 2018, 20:15 1badmf

as much of a supporter of gun control as i am, divisiveness and censorship cannot be the answer. that will just lead to further factionalism in the country which is the last thing we need.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
13. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 25, 2018, 20:05 1badmf

i think JD was hacked by the Chocolate State O.o  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Nissan spent years trying to swipe a domain name Mar 25, 2018, 20:03 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 16:17:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 25, 2018, 13:54:
I've known about this nonsense for a few years. Fantastic example of a corporation being a bag full of dicks. The guy should get 10s of millions in damages from Nissan for it. And the executives who authorized the actions should go to jail. Unfortunately, it is doubtful either will happen...

Shouldn't they countersue?

Maybe Beam will stop by and give us some analysis.

of course he could countersue, but that's guaranteed another several years and bags of money down the drain on what i'd guess is maybe a 60% chance of winning in the end. it's not just that they wasted his time and money, to prove frivolous lawsuit he would have to prove they intended to waste his time and money knowing they had little chance of winning. based one what he'd gone through i could understand why the idea of several more yaers of litigation wouldn't be the most appetizing thing to him.

upon reading about frivolous litigation on wiki, he might have a stronger case than i first guessed, but it would still be painful for him. apparently he should've asked for compensatory damages at the end of the case. i don't know how it affect his future standing on the matter since he didn't.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2018, 23:38 1badmf

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 18:09:
1badmf wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 17:25:
Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 16:57:
1badmf wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 16:55:
anyone watched krypton premiere last night? for those not in the know, it's a prequel to superman on the syfy channel, set in his grandfather's time. really high production values; promising so far. kinda made for millennials with the young main actors, but the cast is more diverse than just a bunch of dumb kids. and growth has to start somewhere right? the subject matter is more serious than dumb kid angst.

You realize the oldest Millenials are closing in on 40, right? And the youngest, depending on how it's placed, are somewhere between 18 and 25.

i don't count myself among their number; i think most of us here don't either. being a 90s teen i feel like my values are slightly askew from dank memes and mirror selfies. i work with 20somethings at work and they are definitely, lets say, different from the generation i grew up with. when you grew up worshipping grunge rock you generally aren't so obsessed with appearances.

Sure we were. What was Nirvana if not appearances? All of Seattle grunge.

are you serious? grunge was the least about appearances. i really don't wanna get into the musical impact of grunge, but it was so much more than looking like you roll around in a dumpster after waking up. if our generation were truly obsessed with appearance like millennials seem to be, i think we would've latched on to something more appealing than dreds and ratty clothes.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2018, 17:25 1badmf

Beamer wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 16:57:
1badmf wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 16:55:
anyone watched krypton premiere last night? for those not in the know, it's a prequel to superman on the syfy channel, set in his grandfather's time. really high production values; promising so far. kinda made for millennials with the young main actors, but the cast is more diverse than just a bunch of dumb kids. and growth has to start somewhere right? the subject matter is more serious than dumb kid angst.

You realize the oldest Millenials are closing in on 40, right? And the youngest, depending on how it's placed, are somewhere between 18 and 25.

i don't count myself among their number; i think most of us here don't either. being a 90s teen i feel like my values are slightly askew from dank memes and mirror selfies. i work with 20somethings at work and they are definitely, lets say, different from the generation i grew up with. when you grew up worshipping grunge rock you generally aren't so obsessed with appearances.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
11. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2018, 17:19 1badmf

from what i've read the car had lidar AND radar. just inconceivable how it didn't see her. and yeah, her clothing color should've had nothing to do with it.

she may have been at fault, but that doesn't mean you can just run someone over. in a civilized society we should try to give each other the benefit of the doubt, not just apply punishment to the fullest extent possible.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 22, 2018, 17:07 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 15:52:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 22, 2018, 14:53:
Damn, missed it.
It had a rather short half life.

half life 3 confirmed?!?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2018, 16:55 1badmf

News Comments > New Assassin's Creed Rumor
17. Re: New Assassin's Creed Rumor Mar 21, 2018, 04:05 1badmf

Jerykk wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 02:40:
Greece seems like an odd choice. It would presumably take place around the same time as Origins and heavily feature the Romans, just like Origins. Would much rather have an AC set in feudal Japan.

i'd prefer it took place in the heroic age, maybe even during the trojan war. hector, paris, helen, agamemnon, even achilles who i'd like to know. i think it'd be a great setting.

japan would be awesome too though. can't make a game series about assassins and not have ninjas at some point. here again there are plenty of heroes to build around - musashi, kojiro, oda nobunaga. japanese military tradition is as rich or richer than anything in the west imo.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2018, 00:34 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 22:03:
It's been 00 Days Since anyone has been booted from the tRumpster fire administration. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/trump-turnover/?utm_term=.5573d2c9050a

that one is particularly vicious - he was a day away from retiring. now he gets zilch in benefits. he's probably pretty wealthy anyway, but holy shit is trump a jackass.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes
16. Re: MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Video Teases New Biomes Mar 15, 2018, 23:44 1badmf

if it's just a graphical update of mw4 mercs i'd be still be happy as a pig in shit. i never gave a shit about the geopolitics of battletech; i always had more fun just running my own mech company with all the headaches the business side entails.  

News Comments > BATTLETECH Trailer
7. Re: BATTLETECH Trailer Mar 14, 2018, 23:47 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2018, 22:36:
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Hell, yeah.

hype online.
nachos online.
mtn dew online.

i'm ready.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 14, 2018, 23:43 1badmf

she screwed the wealthy elite out of billions and isn't going to jail for it. i'd call that a half point to the little guy if nothing else. probably the only reason she isn't sharing a cell with bernie madoff.  

44. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2018, 23:34 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 14, 2018, 19:07:
SCHOOLS
Now Safer Than Ever!
Teacherís Gun Is Accidentally Fired During Public Safety Class, Injuring 3 STUDENTS.

More guns will fix that.

this is the part that the gun lobby knows and have been trying to bury for decades - the mere presence of guns increases the likelihood of a gun related incident something like 10 fold regardless of training. arming teachers will only do in schools what guns in the general population have done - a handful of justified uses that's completely buried by a mountain of accidents and incidents from people who should've never had access.

1621 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo