Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1339 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
63. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 24, 2016, 06:09 1badmf

volumetric lighting on, bloom off. looks so much better than the golden dreamy crap they try to foist upon you.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2016, 23:54 1badmf

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 23:44:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 17:48:
Well, this is weird. I'm getting reports from several people who used a recent CC-released track of mine that a group is claiming my work as theirs. I thought Youtube copyright claims could only be made by people or groups who own the music. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Almost all of my music is released under the CC license so that others can benefit from it in videos or whatever they'd like to use it without fear of financial repercussions, but my music is never for commercial purposes.

Time to lawyer up, buddy.

getty images has been caught multiple times claiming copyright and fees on works of which they had no ownership. maybe this is the same deal, just with music.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details
22. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Season Pass Details Aug 23, 2016, 03:57 1badmf

yeah i thought it was supposed to unlock at 9PM tonight =( even ditched work.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 23:31 1badmf

is she serious? does she really not know about amazon boxes?  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 17:36 1badmf

preloading Do Sex! gonna be a fun night. hope i got the horsepower to run it at max settings.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2016, 16:27 1badmf

Blue wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 11:19:
nin wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 09:33:
But you did get it?

Not yet, she'll see him at work today.

sooo... this coworker ...stole... it?!? otherwise how do you confuse no with yes.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2016, 04:38 1badmf

you're right, there's a balance to be struck, but i don't see how sex trafficking can be defended as free speech. and this is a congressional subpoena, not a blanket wiretapping law; not something that often sees use, nevermind abuse. to me this is little different from yelling 'fire' in a theater - zero expression and all criminality.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 22, 2016, 01:45 1badmf

Creston wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 23:08:
The authorities said any First Amendment rights Backpage has are secondary to the government's investigation into human trafficking on the Internet.

Fuck Backpage.com to hell and beyond, but that's not how the Constitution works, government, despite you desperately, DESPERATELY wishing it were so.

You can't simply declare someone's constitutional rights null and void because "reasons."

well, to be fair they give a pretty good reason - stopping human sex trafficking. the constitution has always stopped at the feet of public safety, i don't see why this should be any different.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
50. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 03:42 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2016, 03:13:
Darks wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 14:46:
IDK, I think to many people are to easily impressed. I really didn't see anything about this that blew me away. To many people are in a hurry to praise what they are seeing, but the reality of it is, hes had 5 years to make this game so far. And this is all he really has to show for? Those of us who originally backed this game are getting very I'm patient with him.

Don't count me among the many who are ready to bow down to him. Everything I've seen here No Mans Sky is already doing.

Took NMS 8 years to ship their game, and they did a lot less than what Roberts is trying to do. Which rather than bowing down, has me scratching my head: how is he going to finish this within budget and make it all work in a cohesive whole while delivering all of those mechanics over a "universe" of 100 unique star systems? The proof of concept is shaping up nicely, but that's just one system...

at a guess i'd say most of the money is sunk in technology development. once they get that down cranking out content is a lot easier. i know they spent years upgrading the crysis engine to 64bit precision as well as a whole bunch of back end networking stuff that had never been done before. i think that's why they're putting out 2.5 and then 3.0 so quickly - their technology is finally starting to mature. still not quite though, as at one point in the video the speeder disappears as he's flying it into the cargo bay and chris says transitioning from the world physics grid to a local one is still buggy.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2016, 00:17 1badmf

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 20, 2016, 00:01:
Hey guys, guess who has Lyme Disease.

can i join the party? i feel like i'm being left out =(

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
16. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Aug 19, 2016, 05:52 1badmf

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 03:20:
Looking forward to this. Also what Half Elf is referring to as the first game, is actually the third game.

I managed to ignore what was happening with Deus Ex until fairly recently (apart from the first one). The few trailers for this game got me to take a look at Human Revolution, and Im glad I did so. It's a fun game, even though the shooting mechanics and the cover system leave a lot to be desired. Let's hope this one fixes up some of those issues from the previous game and we will have a pure winner on our hands.

we all know DX:HR was the 3rd game. i'm pretty sure all of us played the 1st 1st game when it 1st came out. now that was a masterpiece of game design.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2016, 06:46 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 05:24:
VaranDragon wrote on Aug 17, 2016, 04:21:
Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2016, 16:52:
I dunno about that. I've always been a firm believer in Panspermia - the theory that life originated via delivery of asteroids. It would sure explain things like the Mantis Shrimp.

So where did the life on the asteroids come from, and how did it come about? Panspermia doesn't say dick about the origin of life, it's just a theory about planet hopping primitive life hitching a ride from one place to another.

I don't think Cutter actually believes in Panspermia, he has just been waiting years to use it in a sentence.

because it has the word 'sperm' in it XD

News Comments > Mass Effect Remasters Hint
17. Re: Mass Effect Remasters Hint Aug 17, 2016, 06:45 1badmf

character models still look ok, but the environments (esp. ME1) look like a pig's ass since they're xbox360 era. honestly they'd look amazing with a well done update. the human faces are terribad regardless.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2016, 17:22 1badmf

goddamn, and i just bought a box of six LEDs for like $20 off amazon.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
45. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 13, 2016, 05:53 1badmf

NKD wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 05:33:
Saw this on reddit. Apparently Metacritic is getting bombed with fake positive reviews.

One guy made the joke that the user reviews are procedurally generated.

*half joke

i think chinese/indian review farms count as procgen right?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2016, 00:37 1badmf

in case you weren't aware, rumor has it the execs freaked the fuck out because of BvS's negative reviews of its 'darkness' so they rechopped suicide squad. apparently the director's version was also pretty dark so they got the company that did the trailers to re-edit SS to give it more of an energetic tone. which, i'll admit, they succeeded in doing, but then turned it into a disjointed mess. so that's why the first half is basically an extended version of the trailers.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2016, 17:51 1badmf

nin wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 14:53:
Holy shit, was Suicide Squad bad. At one point about 2/3rds of the way through, Will Smith says "When will it end?" and I'm thinking "Yes, Will, when will this end??????????"

It really did feel like (matching reports of the last few days) it was sort of reordered/reedited. Joker shows up and then disappears for 40+ minutes, at one point...

i actually liked it. that story about it being re-edited to shit by the bigwigs really rings true. i felt like there was a really good movie in there but they chopped it up into fish bait.

it tried way too hard to be like the trailers with catchy songs behind montages for the entire first half of the film and a whole lotta stuff is explained unnecessarily out of order, like who the fuck the bad guys are.

but the scenes themselves and the acting were surprisingly good to me. i would gripe with harley's writing though - she tried a little too hard with the harley-isms, and her relationship with joker, frankly, wasn't fucked up enough. surprised how much i liked will smith as deadshot though. i'll be really interested to see the director's cut.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 5, 2016, 23:31 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 17:31:
I like that Dunkirk trailer. I'm a big Nolan fan, so I'll be seeing this for sure.

wonder how he's gonna spice it up. historical dramas seem too tame for his cinematic style.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Aug 5, 2016, 00:49 1badmf

being a UPS guy myself i can understand why amazon would get a bad rep with the slackers around me. i know a guy that worked there and he said there's no teamster union mandated downtime bullshit heheh, but yeah if you don't mind working i heard it's a good job. most of the assholes i work with will bitch if they have to get off their phones for anything; fucks like them would of course badmouth some place that didn't tolerate their shit.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2016, 17:05 1badmf

Rigs wrote on Aug 3, 2016, 14:16:
Family of Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin sues Fiat Chrysler for wrongful death.

Yup, seen that comin'...I wonder how many other people have been killed from this? Ridiculous...what a fuckin' way to die, ja? SMH...

=-Rigs-=

not sure how much legs that lawsuit's got. as i understand it, it wasn't a defect, just a different design that people were too lazy to pay attention to.

1339 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo