Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1324 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues
10. Re: On XCOM 2 Framerate Issues Feb 20, 2016, 19:12 1badmf

Philll wrote on Feb 20, 2016, 17:07:
"We already have a lot of those issues in our sights"

*Chance to hit, 34%*

hah! more like, 80% point blank shot, hits car next to himself, blows up team.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2016, 20:41 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 15:13:
I am in the market for a new kbd. My current one is a 10 year old MS Natural Kbd. I "retired" it years ago, but it keeps being brought back into service after those new ones I get die after a year or two. Looking for a new one that will last.

classic logitech illuminated here. registers all my required button presses, nice and quiet with firm pressure, while being loose enough that the keys don't stick if you hit them at the wrong angle. that last bit really bugged me about other spendier kbs - unless you pressed straight down perfectly they'd stick and not go down.

i've had it for six or seven years now i think. only problem i had, one of the keys popped out while i was cleaning it one time, but easy enough to pop back in

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
38. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 18, 2016, 06:12 1badmf

yeah SS1 was super advanced shit for its day. it was experimental as fuck, and a lot of it didn't really work, but i loved it for trying. i only played the demo though, as it required a pentium90 and i only had a 486dx2 66mhz. still, through the 5fps fog my early teen self loved the shit out of its scifi-ness, its bleak cyberpunkness, even its weird controls.

after that they streamlined the shit out of SS2 and even though it was probably a more functional game, i was severely disappointed in its conventionality.

News Comments > Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
35. Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 18, 2016, 01:43 1badmf

if looking glass are low key trying to get the band back together i'm all for it! sequel to terra nova plz!  

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Feb 16, 2016, 08:31 1badmf

rose colored glasses man. i promise you if this wasn't labelled star wars and they changed nothing else you'd be as confused and disappointed by it as we are.  

9. Re: Into the Black Feb 16, 2016, 06:11 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 02:54:
1badmf wrote on Feb 16, 2016, 00:47:
i mean, why the fuck does she even need training when she learned in a day what it took luke two and a half movies, and most padawans most of their teenage years, to learn?

After the lazy cash-in that was TFA, I am pretty much done with these new Star Wars movies. The only reason I'm even considering VIII is Rian Johnson. Hope Disney gives him plenty of leash.

JJ has said that he's jealous as fuck of the new script and almost wishes he was directing it himself, which, considering the source, means who knows the fuck what. fuck JJ.

7. Re: Into the Black Feb 16, 2016, 00:47 1badmf

i mean, why the fuck does she even need training when she learned in a day what it took luke two and a half movies, and most padawans most of their teenage years, to learn?  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2016, 00:43 1badmf

Sepharo wrote on Feb 15, 2016, 19:17:
I went to a 10AM showing of Deadpool on Valentines day.
Possibly a dick move, but I tagged along with my buddy and his wife.
Everyone in the theater that early and on that day was a couple 20 to 40 years old

so would that have made you, like, the 147th wheel? XD

10. Re: Hey nin! Feb 13, 2016, 18:05 1badmf

nin wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 15:40:
Capella wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 15:25:
Creston wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 12:33:
Cookie Clicker upgraded to V2.

I finally had to reset my game, after letting it run for like a year now...

Deadpool was pretty good. Not perfect, but a strong start to build off of.

Damn both of you, mine is still running!

Here's my current stats I basically leave it running in a browser window 24/7...

hoooo leeeee shit. why even bother? i mean it was braindead fun when i was manually trying to optimize my production with actual clicks, but to automate it? i think i'd rather give those cpu cycles to seti@home or one of the protein folding projects.

News Comments > Order of Battle: US Marines Beta
6. Re: Order of Battle: US Marines Beta Feb 13, 2016, 17:46 1badmf

Unknown Soldier wrote on Feb 13, 2016, 14:24:
the next expansion is paying tribute to one of the most famous branches of the US Army: the Marines!

I really hope, for their sake, that was a joke. Otherwise I fear for the safety of the dev team.

and both sides are very sensitive to the difference. the marines think of the army as brainless grunts and the army thinks of the marines and poor stepchildren. source: my brother's a marine.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2016, 00:10 1badmf

PHJF wrote on Feb 12, 2016, 11:46:
Against all odds, apparently Deadpool doesn't suck. Guess I have to go see it, now...

no joke, it's not just not sucky, it's pretty awesome. you know how the trailer is surprisingly badass and entertaining? the whole film is like that. i know, color me shocked, but i thoroughly enjoyed it. this is the marvel film for all of us who like to appreciate the absurdity of life.

News Comments > No New Assassin's Creed This Year
5. Re: No New Assassin's Creed This Year Feb 12, 2016, 02:25 1badmf

Creston wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 21:34:
Redmask wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 19:42:
Props to Ubisoft for not just shitting out another one and actually taking the time to retool it.

Yeah, people have been clamoring for it for several years now, but kudos for them actually listening. I never thought they would do this, so good on you, Ubi.

I'd love for AC to come back with a kickass game in 2017 or 2018 with new gameplay and a world where there's more to do than just "gather 100 of these and climb 20 towers."

yeah definitely needs more hand-crafted content instead of 1000s of cookie cutter missions. that more than anything makes the game feel like a goddamn job instead of an adventure.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Troubleshooting
16. Re: XCOM 2 Troubleshooting Feb 11, 2016, 18:02 1badmf

Creston wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 16:39:
|RaptoR| wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 14:30:
My performance was pretty terrible until I switched from MSAA down to FXAA. Slight dip in quality, but INSANE performance increase.

You're asking your card to render 50% (for MSAA 2x) less, so that seems fairly logical.

Also, hitting capslock while in the sky ranger to speed up load times is hilarious -- AND it works.

I need to try that. The load times are very annoying. There's no reason it should take 40 seconds to load something from a 500MB/s SSD...

why is that even a thing? like, i don't... i can't even... caps lock?!? really?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2016, 17:58 1badmf

Ecthelion wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 10:30:
Creston wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 10:01:
Can't read it here at work, but judging by the title I'd say that that's pretty accurate as far as I'm concerned. I have literally zero desire to play competitive stuff online anymore, but I do lurve me some strategy.

Same here. I was never very competitive (we were a "music" family, not a "sports" family as I was growing up), but what little bit I had dropped as I got older. Every time I'm stupid enough to go into Gamestop, they try to sell me the latest CoD clone ("but this one is different! It's so innovative!"), and I always have to tell them I'm not into those kinds of games. Then they always go with the angle that "this one has a story", which is never true.

Thankfully I learned a while back to not even try primarily multiplayer games anymore, and spare myself the disappointment. Co-op is still fun, but my one co-op buddy is never around when I am, so it's mostly single player for me. And strategy is fun, even if it's just strategizing how to approach an enemy camp in open world games like Far Cry 4 and MGS5.

hah! everytime a salesman just blurts out and outright lie to me like that, i'm tempted to fire back a, 'Nigga please' and just walk out shaking my head.

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
45. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 8, 2016, 06:32 1badmf

still early in, but gotta say i'm doing pretty well. playing on commander unmodded and i haven't lost a dude yet. couple in the infirmary but a small price for perfect missions. only savescum a little. did a rescue mission in one try last night - gotta say, i think commander is the fairest difficulty for me =D  

3. Re: Into the Black Feb 4, 2016, 19:40 1badmf

to be fair the securities fraud case against him is pretty slam dunk. reading into it, it seemed to me that his jacking up the prices was a last gasp sociopathic effort to make enough quick cash to pay off his previous scams so the feds wouldn't catch on.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2016, 01:05 1badmf

Creston wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 17:33:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 14:06:
Choachy wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 10:30:
Oh, that's clever...took me a minute.

You can always tell who the new people are every year...

Hey, I fell for it last year, and I've been here since the freaking Dark Ages

for a moment i thought i was in that one movie... i think it had bull murray in it... ;-)

14. Re: Out of the Blue: Game Settings Poll Feb 2, 2016, 17:31 1badmf

Pigeon wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 16:50:
MajorD wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 12:08:
Just 'out of the Blue' and complete curiosity, what game settings do you select for:

Invert Mouse Y Axis: Yes or No

Motion Blur: On or Off

My settings = Yes and Off.

Invert Mouse Y Axis: Only in flight sims where this isn't on by default.
Motion Blur: Nothing says amazing triple A graphics like blurring the fuck out of everything. Like someone else said only if it's over done and interferes with game play, or looks fugly.

same. my brain must be wired funny, cuz in the same game i'll play with invert off in fps mode, but then i get in a flying thingy and i have to have it on.

kxmode if they were feeling really spiteful they'd fuck with your credit score for you doing that, and you don't know the definition of pain until you try to contest a bad credit report.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2016, 17:21 1badmf

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 16:42:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 30, 2016, 16:21:
I'm still looking for the ANY key...

Don't remind me.. one of my very fist occurrences of total human stupidity was a support request in a university, a employee there, never touched a computer before, it involved a floppy disk, a manual saying "insert floppy disk, type A:\setup.bat and press ANY key"

Which confused that person in 2 ways
First, floppy drive was B: since he inserted it in the 2nd floppy drive (they were clearly marked and labeled) and he didn't know which key was the ANY key.... he tried the button on the floppy drive but never pressing a single key.. argh!

Since then I loath support assignments.

his name wasn't Homer J Simpson was it?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2016, 16:31 1badmf

i don't have high hopes. what made blade runner great was the story idea from philip K dick and the mindblowing fx. obviously both have been used so now they have to come up with something original on their own. yeah, goood luck with that.  

1324 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo