Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1453 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 15:55 1badmf

it's a video of a dude killing spiders where his children play. perfectly legit imo. i feel the same about spiders as blue (although i've never had a pet). i'm not afraid of them, will catch and release most of the time. but if i had kids and saw a nest of black widows? awwww shit, John Goodman from arachnophobia comes out for bloooood. i mean spider goooooooo.

JD where the fuck do you live? the amazon? i didn't think centipedes got a food long anywhere except in the deepest jurassic park fucking jungle.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2016, 19:01 1badmf

it's amazing how much the needle hurts considering it's designed to penetrate as smoothly as possible. i swear stepping on glass/getting a paper cut doesn't hurt as much.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2016, 02:31 1badmf

nin wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 21:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 21:11:
Saw "Arrival" yesterday -- I thought it was excellent. YMMV.

I've seen some very positive reviews, but others saying it's only "fair". It's definitely on my list, but I might wait on netflix...

i would agree it's fair. for anyone with love of real science fiction, it's not particularly impressive.

also, westworld: called it!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2016, 01:07 1badmf

westworld: so the whole plot is going to rely on this two stooges moment down in maintenance. i hope it's just a side story... cuz that was just a horridly written moment. but maeve achieving skynet sure doesn't feel sidestoryesque.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year
19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year Nov 2, 2016, 19:37 1badmf

yes! rape my childhood more!

...fucking monsters.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2016, 19:36 1badmf

sauron wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 13:49:
Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead)

Here in Mordor, every day is Day of the Undead, and we like to keep it that way.

ya know, as far as i know (and i know a lot about middle earth), neither you nor your boss morgoth ever dabbled in necromancy, even though you were called the necromancer in The Hobbit. all you ever did was raise monsters, but never the undead. ironically the only mention of the undead that i can remember were when aragorn raised them to fight for him, and when luthien and beren took the shape of vampires to sneak into angband to steal one of the silmarils.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 23:15 1badmf

westworld: this show is almost too rich. so many layers, each tastier than the last, and the best part is seeing how they're revealed. i love that Ford isn't the kindly tinkerer i intially thought; i love that logan isn't just a douchebag - he might be truly evil, delighting in the corruption of his friend. frankly the least interesting characters are the good guys, but that might say more about me than the show O.o

i love dolores' descent into madness 1) because it's fascinating for its own sake 2) the nasty irony that her madness might be her salvation. WHAT IS THE MAZE??!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 17:35 1badmf

Westworld musings:

bernard is probably a robot. the whole episode was one long meditation on the nature of consciousness, memory and personality, culminating in his discussion with dr. ford, which immediately segues into his call with his wife about his own past, his memories, his personality anchors. the way the whole thing is arranged is screaming, 'this is how our robots are made, here is an example one of one.'

also, those dudes that fucked up teddy at the end, they were probably guests since he tried to shoot them and they wouldn't die. i wonder if that was part of ford's new story.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2016, 20:36 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 19:03:
If you're a single, self-respecting, female, you should put this map on your refrigerator.

at least california still managed to get it right.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2016, 17:25 1badmf

bigspender wrote on Oct 10, 2016, 15:46:
I'm still having trouble with the Westworld after two episodes. I don't care for any of the characters because it's basically just GTA5 with androids instead of being only virtual.

So even though they play evil music when Ed Harris does his thing, it's no different than me running over the NPCs in GTA5.

It's not like they are actual conscious beings like Data from Star Trek.

Or have I completely missed something?

yeah, pretty much the entire transhumanist subtext. gta had about as much philosophy as a kick to the balls. westworld is (hopefully and so far) something far, far greater.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2016, 01:43 1badmf

nin wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 15:52:
Westworld episode 2 thoughts:

It really is feeling like a game, in a good way. Especially the end, where a team pitches a new area/expansion, complete with logo. First thought was "This is just like WOW!"

So it looks like, after Delores passes it to Maeve, that it's a code word/phrase that passes the virus? So the obvious question is who put that in there?

What exactly is Dr Ford building???? Looks like a church?

Nice to see Cullen as more than a two dimensional character (IE she actually shows affection to someone).

i love the production values, but they could still fuck it up with poor writing. all the pretty visuals don't mean a damn thing if they leave jj abrams level plot holes in it. the fact that abrams is involved does not give me hope. still, it hasn't let me down. yet.

11. Re: What’s the Longest Humans Can Live- 115 Years, New Study Says. Oct 6, 2016, 16:23 1badmf

sauron wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 15:13:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 14:56:
Kxmode wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 13:04:
The Bible's view and the belief of millions are that humans have the capacity to live much longer than 115 years. The Bible states we have the capacity to live forever and were designed to do just that. It even says in Ecclesiastes 3:11 that God "has even put eternity in their heart," which explains why so many people believe they can live forever today. Unfortunately, inherited Adamic sin mars our ability to do so. (Romans 5:12) The good news is this miserable condition will soon be expunged. (Romans 6:23; Revelation 21:4) After that, age, cellular degradation, and a multitude of other infirmities will no longer have a stranglehold on our lives. We will, in effect, have perpetual lifespans.

I know many of you don't hold these views. I would kindly ask that you be tolerant of a point of view you don't have.

Humans will live hundreds of years in the future. There are already examples of longevity in nature: trees that live 1000s of years, animals that live 100s of years. We already understand many of the mechanisms to make this occur, even if we yet don't have the technology to implement it. It raises all kinds of moral questions, such as the freedom to reproduce, and how to manage essentially immortal populations. Some movies have tried to address this, like In Time.

And if science doesn't work, there's always ritual hobbit sacrifice and unspeakable dark magic. Refreshing and wholesome!

i prefer the lawful good route, and just have sex with an elf princess XD

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2016, 17:26 1badmf

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 5, 2016, 16:56:
Oh it is on HBO. My cable tried to entice me for a free month, far TOO much money for a few good shows they have.

I am not impressed with any of their shows including Game of Thrones.

yeah i would gladly pay for hbo if it was like $10 a month, but $20 is way excessive for one channel. imagine if you had to pay $20 for every channel. yeeesh.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2016, 18:20 1badmf

sw rebels: maul knows obi-wan is aliiiiiiiiiiiive! and he likely knows it's tatooine from the twin suns. remember that was where qui-gon first encountered him. battle's gonna be epic and snarky as fuck!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2016, 06:30 1badmf

nin wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 20:26:
Rebels season 3 is up at http://watchdisneyxd.go.com !!!!

ooh fellow rebels fan. nice! been wanting someone to fangirl with XD

News Comments > Morning Interviews
20. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 24, 2016, 00:37 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 14:45:
Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 12:41:
I seriously doubt she even remotely understands what that really means. Everytime we hear this bullshit from her it really means 'I want more than my 15 minutes! Give me more money for doing nothing!'

Even though I respect what she (poorly) is trying to do, it's hard to get past this aspect of things. She loves attention. Still, she didn't deserve the hate she got.

i think you're mistaking what she's trying to do. she isn't trying to bring any awareness to feminism in gaming - she's just trying to make money by selling a thin veneer of social outrage. she's not and never has been a gamer and there's a video where she admits it. she doesn't know the first thing about real gaming.

to be clear, i don't believe she gives two fucks about feminist roles in gaming, she's just conning a bunch of naive millennials into giving her money by any means necessary.

6. Re: Tiny Dog... Sep 18, 2016, 17:28 1badmf

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 14:38:
I just want to say I finished The Night Manager miniseries last night, and HOLY SHIT...highly recommended! I can now see why people want Hiddleston to play James Bond.

interesting. where did you watch it at?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 14, 2016, 17:00 1badmf

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 15:52:
I nearly got into a fist fight at Costco recently over a shopping cart ding, not super proud of it. My GF was there to calm me down and probably saved me from a court appearance. Sometimes that testosterone just gets going and you forget its just a big hunk of plastic/metal, not worth the hassle even if its some asshole ticking off the "life aint fair" box for you that day.

i feel you bro. it's the principle of the thing. you can't let that shit go cuz it just reinforces their sociopathic behavior and you want to be able to put up some kind of roadblock for it.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 14, 2016, 00:17 1badmf

nin wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 20:53:
Good god, this thing can't possibly meet my expectations...it just looks so utterly fantastic.

Jar Jar Abrams is one of the lead producers. he'll find a way to mangle the storytelling.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2016, 01:12 1badmf

spaceorb was actually a released product though wasn't it? can't speak to its quality, but better than being scammy vaporware.  

1453 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo