Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1978 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2019, 20:21 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 14:35:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 14:27:
And the aircraft racks up 19 to 1 kill ratios in Red Flag exercises.
Please excuse me if I don't take those numbers seriously. They might be an accurate reflection, they might be total lies. Only time and actual combat will truly reveal the F-35's capabilities. If it does do well, it will have been an amazing accomplishment to get through a 27 year design phase and succeed.

not for nothing, but the f-35 has seen combat. the israelis have used theirs to bomb... someone, i forget who.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Internet Archive Adds 2,500 More MS-DOS Games
15. Re: Internet Archive Adds 2,500 More MS-DOS Games Oct 14, 2019, 21:06 1badmf

amen dude. i think we'd all climb over each other to throw money at the next dude that makes a merc campaign based on a sim of some kind. hell the new mechwarrior game will probably do so well cuz we're so thirsty for a story based sim campaign of SOME KIND.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2019, 16:40 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 15:25:
e5

Ke7

News Comments > Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties
23. Re: Blizzard Addresses blitzchung Controversy; Reduces Penalties Oct 12, 2019, 19:40 1badmf

Quinn wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 15:01:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 14:04:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2019, 13:54:
Imagine the uproar around here if he'd said Black Lives Matter.
No wait, that's kneeling in the nfl.

Muahhh I wouldn't give a fuck if he said that, or took a knee because you can do that kind of shit here in America.
Colin Kaepernick would like a word.

The difference is that blitzchung protested an issue based on reality; on things actually going on systematically in China and one can easily show the evidence. Colin protested a non-issue directly contradicted by factual data and originated from a racist and victimhood mindset. And for those prone to straw-man other people's arguments: I am not saying there is no police violence or that there's nothing of anything.

you should do a self-check for racism, cuz holy fuck dude the mental gymnastics it took to minimize a statistically proven problem in america is exactly what he's protesting. not just the problem itself, but the dimissive attitude, like yours, of the elite who've never had to worry about food or police brutality in their lives, that will perpetuate the problem forever.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2019, 21:14 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 16:27:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 14:15:
Primalchrome wrote on Oct 11, 2019, 12:23:
Who pays for CBS All Access, anyway? I know one person that did when Star Trek originally released but he let it lapse after the first season...
Beats me -- I was interested in watching Discovery, but I wasn't going to pay for CBS All Access for it. The amusing thing to me is how everyone is "cutting the cord" -- dropping cable and satellite tv to use Netflix, Hulu, or whatever. But we are just ending up in the same place. As more and more content becomes exclusive to a specific provider you end up have to pay $10-15 a month to so many providers it ends up costing you as much as cable and satellite did...
I think CBS All Access is $6 per month? I'm going to subscribe soon so I can watch Discovery.

Picard is coming out in february, i would wait until then.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 8, 2019, 00:40 1badmf

you guys really didn't like the first one? man i loved it, and the trailer SUUUUUUUCKED. unless the audience score is an absolute bomb i'm watching day1.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2019, 21:55 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 14:18:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 14:00:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 13:45:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 11:29:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 7, 2019, 11:22:
My daughter and I were discussing the space elevator the other day. We came up with the idea that the elevator needn't come all the way to Earth. There could be a docking station or landing platform somewhere between 30 and 100 miles up with the elevator going the rest of the way to geosynch orbit. You wouldn't need the super strong materials in that case.
What form of antigravitons or fuel did you and Dreyer Daughter come up with to keep that platform in space.
None needed. The base station is in geosynchronous orbit. As long as there's counterbalance, you won't be pulled to Earth. I'm sure that some fuel will be needed on the base station for adjustments. And since you are not attaching to the Earth, the elevator strand doesn't need to be as strong. The question is, how close to the surface can you come? That's why I gave a range.
A geo sat is 22,000 thousand miles away. I'm not seeing the savings in 30-100 miles of cheaper cable.

Yes, you still have to go 22K miles so you'd still need a strong material, just not impossibly strong as one that went all the way to the surface. Here are some benefits:
1. Gravity is logarithmic, so you're getting exponential force savings even at 100 miles.
2. No need to account for the atmosphere's effect on the cable (wind, temp, etc).
3. No need to account for fluctuations and the wobble in the Earth's orbit

the downside is that it wouldn't counteract the massive cost of getting stuff to orbit - launch vehicles. you would save money on the elevator, but most of the cost of getting to orbit is still there. the money saved by a ground based elevator is that the initial gargantuan cost is offset by the drop in usage of launch vehicles, that savings growing over time. in essence, instead of the cost of the elevator being offset by a savings elsewhere, in Dreyer clan plan the cost is added to the cost of launch vehicles. i'm pretty sure the savings of getting from LEO to GEO is negligible in comparison.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 17:00 1badmf

anybody seen joker? i'm ambivalent about it, esp. with no bats. i know one of you nerds will have seen it by now. tldr review plz!

also that star trek trailer is the hype train leaving the station. holy shit that looks good. if only they all weren't so old =(

35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 06:05 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 6, 2019, 02:26:
1badmf wrote on Oct 6, 2019, 02:07:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 19:11:
Good article about a Chinese MMA fighter who challenges fake Tai Chi masters to fights.

that dude is a legend. i've been following his story for a while. and for what it's worth, the people he's fighting aren't really fake tai chi masters. he's really exposing kung fu itself as a joke with little validity in real combat. quintessential 'everybody's got a plan until you get punched in the mouth' sorta stuff. china never had the MMA revolution that we had with UFC so they never learned to get rid of the useless bullshit. it's ironic that the US is the home of the best martial arts in the world and china are the pretenders.

the chinese government of course hate his guts and so do all the chinese kung fu zealots. they constantly challenge him to fights and he beats them all without fail.
Are you specifically calling out Kung-Fu, or do you really mean all of the traditional martial arts? Karate, Tae-Kwon-Do, etc...

kung fu specifically. i know MMA is built on the styles that worked in the ring, almost none of which are based on kung fu. the article JD linked is about a chinese MMA fighter who fights self-described kungfu masters, all of whom are egomaniacs who don't know anything about real fighting. really i just enjoy the schadenfreude of egotistical idiots getting their faces (and egos) bashed in.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2019, 02:07 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Oct 5, 2019, 19:11:
Good article about a Chinese MMA fighter who challenges fake Tai Chi masters to fights.

that dude is a legend. i've been following his story for a while. and for what it's worth, the people he's fighting aren't really fake tai chi masters. he's really exposing kung fu itself as a joke with little validity in real combat. quintessential 'everybody's got a plan until you get punched in the mouth' sorta stuff. china never had the MMA revolution that we had with UFC so they never learned to get rid of the useless bullshit. it's ironic that the US is the home of the best martial arts in the world and china are the pretenders.

the chinese government of course hate his guts and so do all the chinese kung fu zealots. they constantly challenge him to fights and he beats them all without fail.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2019, 16:37 1badmf

lebron tried to copyright 'taco tuesday' like a month ago. like, are you fuckin serious dude? prior art/generality out the wazoo. got denied of course.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2019, 00:30 1badmf

predicted to hit the 90s this weekend, but at least i live in driving distance of socal beaches, so one last beach trip for me!  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2019, 20:58 1badmf

Shock wrote on Sep 30, 2019, 16:25:
I'm not a coffee drinker but that is waaay too complicated to do first thing in the morning.

amen to that. never drank coffee in my life, never felt the need to.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Game Modes Leak?
12. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Game Modes Leak? Sep 29, 2019, 23:10 1badmf

Heltorne wrote on Sep 29, 2019, 14:12:
I've never played Call of Duty since all the maps are so tiny from all the game play I've seen over the years. I wonder if this one will have bigger maps?

CoD game play itself looks fun and responsive but I've never been into the frantic 50 players on a small closet play style.

this one has ground war mode, which is much more like a battlefield style map. the beta had a 32 vs 32 player mode - the full game supposedly will have 100vs100. yes, big ass maps, with vehicles.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2019, 17:17 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2019, 16:22:
Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2019, 14:51:
PUBG IS DOWN TO #10! IT'S GOING TO LEAVE THE TOP 10 SOMETIME!

Time for Bluehole to do another round of bans.

did the counterstrike kiddies switch to pubg?

8. Re: Question about ultra-wide monitors Sep 29, 2019, 17:14 1badmf

Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2019, 14:53:
Hey monitor gurus, question:

If you play a game on an ultra-wide monitor and it doesn't support the ultra-wide resolution, what happens? Do you just get black bars on both sides of the monitor? Does it stretch the image to fit? Is that a choice, or something that just happens?

Thanks in advance!

pretty much all modern games will have black bars to keep the correct aspect ratio. most modern games (last 5 years) will support ultrawide. kindof a crapshoot with games that came out before ultrawide was a thing. funny enough, i just bought an old sierra online point'n click from gog and it ...kinda... stretched? but still had black bars on the sides. like the sierra logo at the beginning was clearly not a circle.

caveat - current consoles do not support ultrawide. at least not ps4/xbox. dunno about nintendo. i played the call of duty beta on ps4 then switched to pc when that opened. much better experience on pc, though my mouse-aim skills were clearly rusty =(

just make the leap man. you won't regret it =D

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2019, 21:55 1badmf

nixon got done in by obstruction of justice though. this was back when the gop still cared more about rule of law than retaining power at any cost. they're in the latter category now so they'll protect trump no matter what he does just to protect their own image. of course they don't give a shit about the long range harm they're doing to their party and the country - most of them will be dead or retired by then. frankly i'd give them less than 50% odds of convicting him even if he just murdered someone on the white house lawn.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2019, 20:12 1badmf

i'm gonna try to pick up daniel jones in my fantasy league. blue tell the G-men to not let me down!  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2019, 21:58 1badmf

Rhialto wrote on Sep 23, 2019, 20:12:
Anyone watched the chainless bike video? Was nice until I heard the last 5 seconds... dang they will need to fix this noise too!

something to be ironed out down the road, but i love outside-the-box innovation like this. chains are a pain in the ass esp. for mtn biking and a driveshaft powered bike would be a revolution assuming it doesn't break easily.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2019, 23:16 1badmf

WarPig wrote on Sep 21, 2019, 22:09:
The way I remember it is the clip which NFL films always uses makes it look like a catch, but that someone found film from another camera, at a different angle, which showed it hit the ground. But again, as I said, I might be remembering wrong.

I think the biggest controversy was whether or not the ball bounced off another offensive player, which at that would have been illegal.

Btw, I'd have picked the "Beast-quake" run myself, but I'm partial.

if it bounced off another offensive player unintentionally it still would've been legal, unless rules were different back then. only forward passes in that situation would've been illegal i.e., intentional pass forward. in this day and age, if a pass bounces off a receiver, as long as it's still in the air it's a live ball for anyone to make a play on.

1978 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo