Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1801 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2019, 17:53 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2019, 14:33:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 19, 2019, 13:29:
"he and his companions have been banned from ever sailing with us again"
noice

" I didn't think things through."

The guy is a Darwin award waiting to happen.

he's lying. he's just a selfish sociopath trying to increase his own popularity on social media. his camera buddy as much as admitted it. he didn't give a shit about the consequences.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2019, 20:39 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 16:00:
Workers Try To Remove Icicle From Roof, Things Go Horribly Awry. Now it's Miller time.

One of the few acceptable uses of holding the camera in portrait mode.

the reasoning behind that video was so essentially russian it's ridiculous - why do it the safe way and remove each block of ice from the bottom up to prevent the reasonable possibility of a cascade failure when you can just say fuck it and knock the whole thing down at once. less work for you and who cares about the safety hazard.

News Comments > EVGA NU Audio Card Announced
28. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 10, 2019, 02:27 1badmf

Slick wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 23:08:
Qbex . wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 19:20:
Love this thread , also big pc audio nerd going back to the dark ages. For me it was as important as 3d graphics and I invested in components 50/50 split audio vs gfx. I had all the good ones, early SBs, Gravis Ultrasound, than godly A3D Vortex and Auzen X-fi's. Until fucking MS decided to nuke direct sound acceleration. Now the only way forward is out of the Pc case so to speak, usb dac/amp combo for headphones and digital out to a/v amp for speakers. Internal sound cards can't hold the candle to external gear.
Btw anyone here heard new Super X-fi gizmo ? They promise holy grail of headphone 3d sound again but I'm sceptical.

As someone who both owns and has tried several external SOUNDCARDS and internal ones, this fallacy that PCI-e is garbage doesn't hold water. All that matters is the amp, and the dac, that's it. PCI-e or USB doesn't make any difference if the pci-e one is properly shielded.

I know this goes against the popular grain that "you HAVE to have an external soundcard" nowadays, but it's bunk. I'm not an expert on many things, but audio is kinda my niche. What matters is the components. A Pci-e card can have better components than a USB external one, and vice versa.

ok tough guy, i'm sold. what's the best sound card to get for under $200?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 9, 2019, 20:34 1badmf

IT guys can be nasty themselves. i remember the story of one who worked for an oil company i think. they fired him for some board room penny pinching reason, so before he left he encrypted their entire database and took the password with him. he didn't actually take anything physical so legally it was at best murky if he was responsible for anything. i think in the end they just coughed up some cash for the password.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2019, 19:53 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 13:28:
Watched Dr Lisa Su and the AMD keynote
and wizzed myself
2019 is looking good!!!

yeah that radeon IIV lookin' spicy.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Special Editions
10. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Special Editions Jan 9, 2019, 04:52 1badmf

really all i want is a branching campaign where i can immerse in the illusion of running a merc company. everything after that is gravy.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2019, 21:43 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 15:03:
I'd like to take a moment to thank the GOP for making me feel like I am one of the most hip people on the planet after seeing the nonsense about the video they "uncovered" of Rep. Ocasio-Cortez.

Women dancing in public! The world is coming to an end!

YouTube
CNN

when footloose has become reality, reality has officially jumped the shark. conservatives actually crying about someone dancing. kevin bacon is both laughing and crying at the same time.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2019, 17:09 1badmf

doesn't warpig win like every year? there must be something beyond just general familiarity to picking winners. i was always pretty sure that any deeper than general football knowledge was just random chance at picking winners.

edit: now i'm curious what the deleted post was. who makes a new account to firstpost on a jan.2nd ootb?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2019, 21:58 1badmf

Creston wrote on Jan 1, 2019, 14:21:
OMG DO NOT CLICK ON THAT COOKIE CLICKER LINK UNLESS YOU DO NOT VALUE YOUR SPARE TIME OR LIFE.

It took me ages to shed that evil.

haha didn't he post that a couple years ago? i know a bunch of us here got wrapped up in it at some point. maybe they're paying him cookies for clicks XD

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2019, 00:07 1badmf

HNY guys. Blue we all fall over ourselves to express our gratitude for your tireless work in bringing us gaming news, but I particularly also appreciate your positivity, your humanity, and your embrace of intellectuality in your ootb posts. you daily make us a full course meal of gaming news to sate our habits, with a hefty helping of helping us be better people on the side. you are a dam against the flood of ignorance that crests heartbreakingly high these days; so, simply, thank you, for not giving up on us. Happy new year Blue, and i hope in 2019 we can reverse the course of our trajectory.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2018, 18:44 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 30, 2018, 14:32:
The actual edge of our solar system is the Oort Cloud.

The following is from Bill Bryson's "A Short History of Nearly Everything" green txt is my contribution on traveling from the Sun to Pluto.
"Now, the other thing you will notice as we speed past Pluto is that we are speeding past Pluto. If you check your itinerary, you will see that this is a trip to the edge of our solar system, and Iím afraid weíre not there yet. Pluto maybe the last object marked on schoolroom charts, but the system doesnít end there.

In fact, it isnít even close to ending there.We wonít get to the solar systemís edge until we have passed through the Oort cloud, a vast celestial realm of drifting comets, and we wonít reach the Oort cloud for another ó Iím so sorry about this ó ten thousand years (if we are traveling in one of the fastest space ships we have). Far from marking the outer edge of the solar system, as those schoolroom maps so cavalierly imply, Pluto is barely one-fifty-thousandth of the way."
As I am so fond of repeating, "No Human Will Ever Leave Our Solar System".

sublight travel to proxima centauri is a remote possibility. never is a long time, and assuming we don't apocalypse ourselves, i think there will certainly be a future elon musk in, like, 1000 years who will go for it.

6. Re: Truck owners are blocking Tesla Superchargers in 'ICE-ing' protests Dec 29, 2018, 15:22 1badmf

Simon Says wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 14:43:
That should be an automatic towing to the local impound charged to the truck owner, with repeat offenses doubling the charge each time. Problem solved.

trumpist ignorance at its finest - let's shit on things that will save our planet in the long run and make a cleaner future for our children, cuz, conservatism! fuck you! yes i know some of them are just trolling, but i guarantee some of those fuckers are dead serious too. they'd rather cover the world in ash and smog than give an inch to green technology because teh scary left wants it! it must be evil!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2018, 20:39 1badmf

i've always felt like will farrell's movies were on the precipice of being unredeemingly god awful. if you think about ricky bobby, or anchorman, if they weren't funny they'd be completely worthless. i guess holmes and watson is finally the end result of that nightmare scenario.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 26, 2018, 18:29 1badmf

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 26, 2018, 16:46:
We skipped Christmas this year...and it was glorious! I could do this every year and die a happy man. I had a sandwich for dinner last night and pretty much just played X4 all day.

The only holiday thing I did was tell Mrs. Burrito "Merry Christmas" over our usual morning tea on the back porch. I am very much looking forward to not taking down a tree, not taking down outside decorations, and not taking down inside decorations. I will also enjoy not lugging all the damn boxes up in to the attic.

'Twas the night before Christmas and... I don't give a fuck eh burrito?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2018, 17:54 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 23, 2018, 17:38:
Damn, I miss the original Diablo. Just remake it with original music, soundtrack, and sound effects, and upgrade the graphics. Done.

they remade diablo 3 for switch that's supposedly a blast with 4 player onscreen coop.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 12, 2018, 01:13 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 23:35:
Steve King nearly makes Trump look sane. What you saw there is merely the tip of the iceberg of his stupidity.

the answer i WISH one of these tech dudes would give to king and his ilk;

'i'm not going to dignify that with a rational answer, because ignorant question deserve ignorant answers. what i will say is this - you ever heard of mccarthyism, you ignorant fuck stick? that's you right now, reviving the most shameful era in the history of american government because you've lost all sense of what it means to be american.'

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2018, 22:12 1badmf

Neutronbeam wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 18:47:
I have similar backup issues with my wife, El Presidente. My one bit of free advice [often worth what it costs] is to have her set up a free Dropbox account [or OneDrive or Google] and have documents set up to autosave into it. That way they are backed up and *may* be accessible from work. If her office has tight security she can access documents from her phone app and email them to herself at work.

really strange that a word doc could just up and vanish like that since it autosaves every, like, 5 minutes by default. maybe if it was a new doc, but if it was weeks of work there should've been a file somewhere. no mention of it in the My Office documents list? or the Word recent docs list?

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2018, 02:43 1badmf

think about how the argument would go - 'you guys covered for child molesting priests for decades. we just stole a bit of coin to have a fling in vegas. i think we're just gonna let this slide mmmmkay?'  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2018, 02:40 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 21:52:
1badmf wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 19:56:
god i hope they find the email where Pai says 'let's use the fraudulent emails to justify taking it up the ass from big telecom so i can get paid after i leave this shitty government job.'

That comment carries even more weight coming from you. IIRC, you work for a big telecom.

moi? nope, i work for UPS.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 10, 2018, 19:58 1badmf

do people still watch pewds? i think at this point it's obvious he's a closet white supremacist trying not to lose his entire audience.  

1801 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo