Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1364 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Dec 9, 2016, 00:25 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 20:12:
Godspeed, John Glenn.

when we left earth is also quite the extraordinary docu about the space race. great sound track too, with lots of interviews with actual astronauts.

but yeah, one of my favorite lines from Right Stuff was when he said to alan shepard, 'via con dios, jose'. i think jose met him at the pearly gates and introduced him to his buddy dios.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Worst air pollution in ten years? Dec 9, 2016, 00:13 1badmf

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 23:33:
Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:23:
Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2016, 13:14:
You don't say? How's that 70% of all cars being "clean diesel" working out for ya there, Paris?

That's the fault of crooks like VW, not Paris.

Well, yes and no. Obviously VW are a bunch of fucking scumbags whose leadership deserves to see major jailtime (but never will. Fuck you, Ferdinand Piech, you piece of shit) and their actions have definitely contributed, but it was this fucking inane shift in Europe to get off petrol/gasoline and onto Diesel because it was "cleaner" that's to blame. The large majority of cars in Europe are diesel, and France was one of the highest diesel users in Europe.

Anyone who has ever stood beside a fucking diesel powered car knows that diesel is NOT cleaner. Sure, it may have fewer CO2 emissions, which helps with the greenhouse effects, but the nox emissions are through the roof, and that's (partially) why all these major cities in Europe (and elsewhere) are now suffering from all this god-awful smog.

really? europeans cities are choked with smog? that's surprising; i haven't seen anything in the news about a pollution problem over there.

also, isn't diesel's emissions balanced by the fact that they get like 60 mpg? i know i've seen top gear eps where they're riding around in upper crust sedans with crazy mileage.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2016, 00:09 1badmf

Fletch wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 23:53:
Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2016, 13:09:
They couldn't really go any heavier with it without it becoming completely obtuse for the vast majority of viewers.
I think this is exactly loomy's problem. The writing for this show is brilliant, but if you don't get it... you won't get it.

i'm on the brilliant bandwagon. i love this show. i don't get what loomy's problem is, because it's written perfectly without being completely impenetrable for a wide audience. maybe he just needs to chill with trying to be smarter than the show and just enjoy the ride, so to speak. i mean, if you can't like this, then pretty much you have to hate all mass-audience entertainment, because 99.9% of it is dumber than WW.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
38. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 03:40 1badmf

damn shame. a game about a company of mercs seems perfect for a coop campaign, esp. since the missions revolve around 4 player 'lances' of mechs.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
24. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 4, 2016, 18:08 1badmf

when MWO came out everyone was crying for an SP mech game. now it's been announced and everyone is crying that it's not multi? yo no comprendo man.

personally i got a little chubby from this. mech4 mercs was one of my fondest pc gaming memories; strong story, strong gameplay, immersive experience all around. MWO actually has great gameplay, just sucks it's multi only. i'd be fine with them bringing that gameplay to this. i do hope they upgrade the lighting though. it seemed overly simple, especially in a dark hangar like that.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2016, 17:47 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 17:14:
Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 12:44:
My penmanship has always sucked and I've generally always written in that combination of print/cursive anyway. I don't see a need for it, beyond being able to sign your name. That one is actually important.
In 1989 I knew someone who signed legal documents using block letters. This was when I was in the USAF, a female coworker and I were doing some kind of required paperwork together and I noticed she had used block lettering where her signature was required. I pointed out to her that she was supposed to put her signature in that location, to which she responded, "That is my signature." I was pretty surprised at the time. So the idea it's dying out is not a shock to me.

you mean all capitals? or as in like she took the time to draw out every letter as a 2D drawn font?

personally i've always appreciated every chance i got to hand write. i think penmanship is an art in itself and says a lot about the penman.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2016, 23:15 1badmf

fyi a bunch of trailers for upcoming games just dropped at something called the playstation experience.

notables:
last of us 2
uncharted: lost legacy dlc
resident evil 7

https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayStation/videos

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2016, 17:45 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 3, 2016, 12:54:
Ozzie's liver and kidneys are made of adamantium and mithral.

*mithril

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2016, 00:03 1badmf

yeah this contract wont pay out well. will almost be as bad as greinke's in arizona. $200 mil for a replacement level pitcher.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2016, 00:03 1badmf

Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 23:27:
sauron wrote on Nov 26, 2016, 20:58:
Hmm, while browsing the All-Seeing Eye network here at Barad-Dur, I noticed what seems like a good deal online.

Surface Pro 3 deal

And shipping to Mordor is free, via Hobbit Special Delivery.

So the deal seems to include both entertainment, and dinner...

Any comments welcome - would this thing run Divinity: Original Sin? And maybe Pillars of Eternity? Thanks for advice.

I would stay faaaaaar the fuck away from Surfaces. I support them at work and they are non-stop problems. Microsoft is STILL trying to fix the battery life issues on the Surface 3 (and have been for well over a year now.)

that's surprising. i have a surface 3 that i bought for black friday last year. its battery life is one of its pluses i feel. maybe i just got lucky but i've gone through a bunch of cheap notebooks and the surface was the first one that really did everything i wanted.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
17. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 19:35 1badmf

i mean, what were people expecting from a procgen game? you can't build compelling story content for 18 billion worlds. and if you say, well, build it for just a few worlds, then it becomes no different to a game like mass effect. all the story is concentrated in a few areas and everything else gets ignored because everyone knows there's nothing interesting out there.

sure there were a few misleading statements, but even if they were all true, it would still be a soulless piece of shit game. either way, it's exactly the game i thought it was going to be and i can't fathom how people ever expected otherwise.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2016, 15:55 1badmf

it's a video of a dude killing spiders where his children play. perfectly legit imo. i feel the same about spiders as blue (although i've never had a pet). i'm not afraid of them, will catch and release most of the time. but if i had kids and saw a nest of black widows? awwww shit, John Goodman from arachnophobia comes out for bloooood. i mean spider goooooooo.

JD where the fuck do you live? the amazon? i didn't think centipedes got a food long anywhere except in the deepest jurassic park fucking jungle.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2016, 19:01 1badmf

it's amazing how much the needle hurts considering it's designed to penetrate as smoothly as possible. i swear stepping on glass/getting a paper cut doesn't hurt as much.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2016, 02:31 1badmf

nin wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 21:31:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 21:11:
Saw "Arrival" yesterday -- I thought it was excellent. YMMV.

I've seen some very positive reviews, but others saying it's only "fair". It's definitely on my list, but I might wait on netflix...

i would agree it's fair. for anyone with love of real science fiction, it's not particularly impressive.

also, westworld: called it!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2016, 01:07 1badmf

westworld: so the whole plot is going to rely on this two stooges moment down in maintenance. i hope it's just a side story... cuz that was just a horridly written moment. but maeve achieving skynet sure doesn't feel sidestoryesque.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year
19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Next Year Nov 2, 2016, 19:37 1badmf

yes! rape my childhood more!

...fucking monsters.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2016, 19:36 1badmf

sauron wrote on Nov 2, 2016, 13:49:
Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead)

Here in Mordor, every day is Day of the Undead, and we like to keep it that way.

ya know, as far as i know (and i know a lot about middle earth), neither you nor your boss morgoth ever dabbled in necromancy, even though you were called the necromancer in The Hobbit. all you ever did was raise monsters, but never the undead. ironically the only mention of the undead that i can remember were when aragorn raised them to fight for him, and when luthien and beren took the shape of vampires to sneak into angband to steal one of the silmarils.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2016, 23:15 1badmf

westworld: this show is almost too rich. so many layers, each tastier than the last, and the best part is seeing how they're revealed. i love that Ford isn't the kindly tinkerer i intially thought; i love that logan isn't just a douchebag - he might be truly evil, delighting in the corruption of his friend. frankly the least interesting characters are the good guys, but that might say more about me than the show O.o

i love dolores' descent into madness 1) because it's fascinating for its own sake 2) the nasty irony that her madness might be her salvation. WHAT IS THE MAZE??!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 17:35 1badmf

Westworld musings:

bernard is probably a robot. the whole episode was one long meditation on the nature of consciousness, memory and personality, culminating in his discussion with dr. ford, which immediately segues into his call with his wife about his own past, his memories, his personality anchors. the way the whole thing is arranged is screaming, 'this is how our robots are made, here is an example one of one.'

also, those dudes that fucked up teddy at the end, they were probably guests since he tried to shoot them and they wouldn't die. i wonder if that was part of ford's new story.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2016, 20:36 1badmf

BobBob wrote on Oct 12, 2016, 19:03:
If you're a single, self-respecting, female, you should put this map on your refrigerator.

at least california still managed to get it right.

1364 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo