Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On June 4, 2003
Supporter -
Total Comments 2067 (Senior)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

9. Re: Star Trek's 12 most emotional deaths, ranked. Mar 28, 2020, 18:57 1badmf

SlimRam wrote on Mar 28, 2020, 16:05:
Honorable Mention: Lal, Data's daughter

She was a lovable character that actually had... FEELINGS!

She was, unfortunately, very broken and couldn't be repaired because her warranty had expired...

no that's not true, sorry.

picard is amazing scifi, and more than a few tear jerkers in that one. that show is way better than it had any right to be. i've never been a huge fan of trek - enjoyable to watch, but too goody goody, and the writing was on average nothing special. Star trek Picard is a scifi masterpiece, and Discovery isn't far behind, though the resident right wing-nuts may have issues with its... freedom of identity, let's call it.

phenomenal how far the special effects have come, even from a relatively recent show like Enterprise. i binged DS9, which led into Picard, and the difference in production quaity is astounding. makes everything pre-Picard look like a badly managed stage production. could do with 100% less Abrams lens flairs though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2020, 18:49 1badmf

not a fan of the ootb links lining up with the rest of the page. i liked them standing out just a little so i could find them quicker since that's where i start my blues news adventure of the day =) i liked the slight indent of the previous iteration.  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2020, 02:39 1badmf

definitely more readable, just a tad jarring cuz i'm used to my eyes scanning straight to the middle of the screen for 20 years of coming here. i'll get used to it. i like iterative improvements, even if (especially if) they're a bit disruptive. it's how we become better people.  

33. Re: The US stock market Mar 24, 2020, 22:02 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 21:24:
So, is this good news or bad news? The Dow had its fifth greatest percentage gain today. The four days which were higher ... were all during the depression...

1 + 1 is a 100% gain. easy to gain big percentages when the total is lower. might've missed out on tesla stock - they were down to $360ish last week, up to $500 now. was at > $900 in feb. that's a power stock to buy whenever the rebound hits.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2020, 21:55 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 21, 2020, 21:36:
What coronavirus, there is nothing going on here, nothing at all.

trump and his head-in-the-sand public health policy is likely going to cost people's lives. and all fox can do is parrot his everything-is-fine bullshit to his base, likely the demographic who will need to most help when they get hit.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2020, 19:05 1badmf

also, you know what's sold out right now that's not making any news? webcams! everyone is out of stock of any webcam that used to be under $100. i tried to get one to video call with my dnd group, cuz i'd rather play on my 34" ultrawide than my tiny laptop screen, but that shit is sold out everywhere, and most places are backordered until april!  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2020, 19:00 1badmf

re: one month in wuhan. powerful video. hard to watch, but impossible to ignore. it's a pity it takes a crisis like this to get politics out of the way and act as one people. heart breaking, what happened to that chinese doctor who tried to sound the alarm, but was instead silenced by the chinese bureaucracy.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2020, 00:24 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 21:55:
With something that changes so rapidly it would be nice to know when these tracking pages update.
The Guardian shows 365 for Texas while Politico has 194 infected in Tx.

this is the best map i've seen, as far as i can tell, updated live by johns hopkins:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

34. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2020, 07:12 1badmf

no milk ive ever bought lasted six weeks in the fridge, not frozen anyway. three tops. first picture she has 14 gallons, and those are just the ones i can count. if the bottom of her cart is full like i suspect, it's probably over 20. that's 7 gallons a week.

and by my estimate close to a thousand eggs in the second picture. holy fuck dude, there is no justifying that.

the point isn't even whether the lady can eat them all (which is a definite no), the point is that she is buying way more than both her needs and the market can support, creating a shortage that doesn't need to exist.

we were already the most food wasteful country on earth before the virus; that's only going to get worse because of this hoarding. there was more than enough food to go around. that. didn't. change.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2020, 03:16 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 17, 2020, 12:09:
Examples of people showing how stupid they are: Coronavirus shopping carts

the eggs and the milk... so insane. most of it will go bad long before they're consumed, and they're not the least bit sorry. worst is bread. it's ALL GONE. and you can't even freeze that. guaranteed to go bad long before the madmen buying them up can eat it all.

News Comments > Evening Multiplex

1. Re: Evening Multiplex Mar 18, 2020, 02:59 1badmf

insta-click  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 16, 2020, 21:26 1badmf

fyi, the best coronavirus map i've seen is actually this one from johns hopkins.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2020, 22:04 1badmf

went to ralphs today (kroger back east) to buy food for the week. looked like the zombie apocalypse swept through overnight. ALL the meat was gone. of course the entire paper waste isle was bare (TP, napkins, kleenex). most of the frozen and canned food too. produce... mostly untouched, except all the potatoes for some reason.

absolute insanity. esp. considering the virus doesn't affect our food supply so there WON'T BE A FOOD SHORTAGE.

News Comments > Into the Black

18. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2020, 22:37 1badmf

mortality rate from seasonal flu: 0.1%

mortality rate from coronavirus: about 3.5%

in other words, coronavirus is about 35 times deadlier than the flu. even if you pull a trump and make up stats that say it's closer to 1%, that's still 10 times deadlier than the flu.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2020, 22:29 1badmf

starts off slow, but the last half the season is phenomenal scifi. i didn't think i'd like anthony mackey, but he grew on me. joel kinnaman's melancholy soldier was still better, but mackey does a fine job as he becomes the determined hero.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2020, 22:17 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 10, 2020, 21:41:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2020, 21:16:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 10, 2020, 17:17:
I certainly don't fear coronavirus any more than the normal flu. Yet.
Hmm, it's more virulent than the flu and 15x more deadly to your age cohort. I mean, what's there to be afraid of?
*meh* I am under 60 and have no chronic medical conditions. I am honestly not worried about it. Based on everything I have read on it (and believe me, I've read a lot) even if I did get exposed to coronavirus and developed COVID-19, the odds of it killing me are extremely low (I'd be shocked if it even caused hospitalization). To the best of my knowledge, I've only ever had the flu once despite only getting flu vaccinations when I was in the military. I'm confident I have at least an average, if not better than average, immune system. Then again, anecdotal evidence... so yeah, whatever. My risk is much lower than most since I am not working and it has been months since I was anywhere with large crowds (theaters, malls, stadiums, etc.).

how do you kill... he that has no life O.o

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2020, 19:24 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 16:31:
1badmf wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 16:13:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 14:40:
Everyone stocked up for coronavirus?

stocked up how exactly? other than buckets of tylenol there's really not much to be done.
au contraire mon frère
When the New World order test get's in full swing and mandatory quarantines have been implemented you're going to want more than just acetaminophen. Be sure to have some Diphenhydramine HCl, a 30 day supply of any prescribed meds, a couple cans of soup, some bandaids, boiling water and a frozen tv dinner or 2.
And has been mentioned before, a towel.

I live in a small town, no walmart but 2 dollar stores. Yesterday was truck day at one of them. An employee said they got one box of tiny purell's and before she could put them on the shelf the box was emptied. She managed to keep one back for the employees and put it at the checkout. It was spotted, and in reach, of an overzealous lovely who asked if "redacted" could buy it. The subhuman was told no, but he grabbed it anyway and ran out the store.
Run, run for the hills
or don't

meanwhile over here in libtardland (aka cali) it is oddly super chill. stores fully stocked, no one walking around with masks on, disneyland as busy as ever. i find it ironic that trump is trying to lie to his base that it's all good, but they're the ones freaking out the most.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs

2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 7, 2020, 16:18 1badmf

blatant behavior of a dictator, and yet the right somehow thinks this is ok!?? i only hope they can't rig the election bad enough to win another term for that monster.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2020, 16:13 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 14:40:
Everyone stocked up for coronavirus?

stocked up how exactly? other than buckets of tylenol there's really not much to be done.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2020, 22:30 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2020, 18:50:
Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2020, 17:23:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2020, 17:07:
Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2020, 14:36:
Ok, I don't know where else to tell this story that it will be appreciated.

I asked my girlfriend what she had going on at work today, and she responded with "not much, just a couple of Norwegians stopping by this morning."

"Be careful," I said, "that's how The Thing started!"

"... What thing?"

Anyway, I thought it was funny.

Heh. Obviously you're dating someone way too young for you.

Also, I know what movie you guys are watching this weekend.

Haha, we watched it in October! She's just not the type to get bogged down in remembering that it all started with Norwegians. She doesn't really have the obsess-over-movie gene.

So, if you say "We're gonna need a bigger boat," or "Game over, man. Game over!" or "Some people just like to watch the world burn," you're not expecting a response?

yeah leaning towards kick her to the curb if she has no idea of the great one liners.

2067 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >