Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1997 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2019, 02:15 1badmf

bigspender wrote on Dec 8, 2019, 01:05:
Ultrasound treatment ‘eliminates’ prostate cancer, study finds

"with minor side effects". Not bad but a plant based diet prevents it with no side effects

well there's the side effect of NOT EATING MEAT.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Starship Troopers - Terran Command Announced

16. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Dec 3, 2019, 05:26 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 21:39:
Stormsinger wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 19:49:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 2, 2019, 14:37:
So this looks like it is based on the movie and not the book, which is a bummer.
More than a bummer, I'd rate this as an automatic hard pass, if it's based on the movie. That piece of shit was one of the worst butcherings of a great book that I've ever seen.
Haven't read the book in a while, but IIRC the book is a celebration of Fascism, while the movie spoofs it. Also, the movie, while goofy fun, has some excellent design work, from the ships and weapons, to the interactive newscasts. Would you like to know more, indeed.

i wouldn't say spoofs, more like makes a mockery of it. i thought the movie was brilliantly subversive. most people who've seen it don't even realize the humans are the bad guys.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2019, 18:27 1badmf

have the Blue Ducks fled already?  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2019, 17:47 1badmf

i was pretty certain i wasn't going to buy anything this year. by 2 am i'd spent around $300 on... fuck i don't even remember.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2019, 01:18 1badmf

WarPig wrote on Nov 29, 2019, 00:34:
I've been a Cowboy fan since '72 and by about game six into this season I was predicting a 8-8 season. Which is looking likely, plus or minus a game...

I don't get the Cowboys. Personnel wise, it seems like should stack up with anyone - especially on offense. Very good o-line, great running back, very good receivers, and a good to very good quarterback. Is it Kellen Moore? I'm a huge Kellen Moore fan ever since he played high-school ball a half hour from me, but he did get thrust into the o-coordinator role pretty quickly. He's pretty much a "football savant" and I get the Cowboys not wanting to lose him, but experience still counts.

dak is overrated, plain and simple, esp. by diehard cowboys fans. put aaaron rodgers back there and that's a contender easy.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 27, 2019, 22:17 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 18:19:
i·ro·ny
noun: irony
a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

imo a troll is intentionally a pusher of buttons. i think your reference, on the other hand, earnestly believes in his own self-righteousness.

News Comments > Into the Black

5. Re: Into the Black Nov 20, 2019, 21:33 1badmf

just for you pc players trying to adapt to console - the trick to aiming with the sticks is to get your crosshair as close to the target as your skills enable, then strafe onto the target.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2019, 00:30 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 22:21:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 20:50:
The King
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7984766/
Box Office
Cumulative Worldwide Gross: $120,780

Production Companies
Netflix
Plan B Entertainment
Porchlight Films
Blue-Tongue Films
Pioneer Stilking Films
Yoki

More redeeming than the last season of HBO's "tits and dragons."

Yes, but who knew that Westeros whores went full Brazilian? The cultural significance of it boggles the mind...

Also, I knew it was a Netflix show, but did they put it in theaters? Nothing was showing locally for me.

from what i've heard it's not better than shakespeare's original. which isn't surprising considering Henry V is one of the great macho stories of all time.
the 1989 branagh is good, but my personal fave is the tom hiddlestone adaptation from a few years ago. still, there's a YT compilation of sick burns from rob pattinson's dauphin and it was rather amusing. i might watch it just for that =D

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2019, 21:03 1badmf

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Nov 13, 2019, 19:50:
"The role-playing game has made a surprising return to mainstream culture."

Um exsqueeze me? D&D was never mainstream. Gee, what liberal group can I complain to for people co-opting my culture?

Back in the late '70s / early '80s it was at least as mainstream as it is today. The game made a huge splash and even if the actual number of people playing may not have been excessive, it was a well-known cultural touch-point (which really isn't that different from today). And you'd see D&D popping up in places you never expected, being played by people you'd never expect to play the game.

Of course, for original D&D it was all very flash-in-the-pan and its mainstream appeal faded almost as quickly. It quickly became a game relegated to children - and then later to geeky, outcast children; a stigma it is still trying to outgrow. But for a brief, glorious moment in the 70s, D&D was cool and hip and the thing to play.

kinda is again with the rise of geekdome and Stranger Things and several celebrities fully embracing it. i recently got into my first DnD group and none of us are what you'd classify as the traditional socially awkward nerd. well, one of us is i guess, but 5/6 ain't bad!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 12, 2019, 22:06 1badmf

Saboth wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 19:24:
Never understood the theory the Constitution doesn't apply at the border. Never made any sense at all.

the legal theory is that a border should serve a purpose different from the rest of the country, otherwise there's no point in having a border. but they take that idea way too far. i.e., i personally believe once you prove you're an american citizen all rights and due process should then apply and DHS and CPB can go fuck themselves if you choose. HI FBI!

of course, now DOJ will appeal the shit out of this and we won't see a lasting legal determination for several more years.

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup

11. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 03:26 1badmf

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 11, 2019, 21:01:
This doesn't work from the desktop at launch right? If I read their article correctly I can't just go to a stadia website like I can go to steampowered and buy a game. In order to use the service at launch I need to buy one of their controllers which will be mailed to me along with an access code.

it supports other controllers. i played project stream on an old xbox 360 controller. honestly any controller taht works in windows. all you need to do is sign up for the service and get the app.

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup

10. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 03:24 1badmf

Total-Khaos wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 00:19:
So, uh...genuine question. Is this the PC version of RDR2? If so, how does a service like this handle game crashes and things of that nature? Do you just get kicked back to the main screen for the app and can immediately start another session?

good question. i would think it'd restart the game and you're forced to load a save like any other crash. i also beta tested project stream and it never once crashed on me.

i dunno about the other guy above, but my experience was vastly different. on a 70Mbit connection, i could not tell the difference between Stream and the download version i got for free later. there were a few lag spikes that caused it to pixelate but that was super rare. i also never noticed any input lag; this from someone who used to consistently score near the top of the leaderboards in action games like quake and call of duty. the only downside for me was that it was limited to 1080p. i dunno if they've changed that, but if they have, honestly 5/5 recommend for me. especially if you don't have a beefy gaming rig. excellent alternative to droping $1K on a beefy new gaming rig.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2019, 19:09 1badmf

i'm surprised it took someone 75 years to check the primary sources. that should be the first thing you do when you begin a new research project. tldr: the original translation of a japanese bomber hitting a surfaced sub was off by a hundred miles. turns out it was correct - the war record indicated a bomb strike aft of the conning tower and the wreckage had a big hole amidships on the deck.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2019, 22:06 1badmf

can't tell if you guys increased the font size or just changed to something more readable, but either way the site is approximately 100% more readable on my 34" ultrawide. great work!  

59. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2019, 22:25 1badmf

are the left side menus supposed to be super wide? or is it just me? i'm on a 3440x1440 ultrawide and the left side menus are... 4 or 5 hundred pixels wide. just guessing, certainly more than a 10th of total screen width. chrome/windows 10. muuuuch wider than any text in the boxes. not a deal breaker, just looks odd for the boxes to be that much wider than the text in them.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2019, 21:38 1badmf

innit cold as fuck up there in the land o'lakes right now? like, below zero cold? if they trick or treat in that, i'd just pass out chili peppers just to keep them warm.  

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Released

46. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 26, 2019, 02:57 1badmf

playing an awesome new RPG for a buck legally? fuck yeah, you guys rock.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2019, 21:19 1badmf

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 24, 2019, 11:28:
It's quite all right, Blue. Take care of MrsBlue, we promise not to burn this place to the ground in your absence.

we don't need no water let the motherfucker burn XD

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2019, 16:52 1badmf

so how'd it go blue? murray taking a shit ruin your giants taking a shit? XD i'm a redskins fan so all i have to cheer for is my fantasy team.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2019, 20:21 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 14:35:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 18, 2019, 14:27:
And the aircraft racks up 19 to 1 kill ratios in Red Flag exercises.
Please excuse me if I don't take those numbers seriously. They might be an accurate reflection, they might be total lies. Only time and actual combat will truly reveal the F-35's capabilities. If it does do well, it will have been an amazing accomplishment to get through a 27 year design phase and succeed.

not for nothing, but the f-35 has seen combat. the israelis have used theirs to bomb... someone, i forget who.

1997 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >