Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 1700 (Pro)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2018, 15:21 1badmf

if there's one thing that will take a bite out of global warming and carbon output, it's fusion power. imagine how widespread nuclear power plants would be if they didn't produce cancerously radioactive waste. coal, natural gas, oil fired power plants would all be dead in the ground.

i know stabilizing the plasma has been a major hurdle for fusion projects for a long time; i truly hope this finally leads to a commercially viable fusion reactor sometime soon. we need it, a lot more than most people realize i think.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2018, 15:16 1badmf

Cutter wrote on Jul 21, 2018, 13:15:
Got my 500GB SSD yesterday! Woot!

NVME or gtfo noob!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2018, 17:49 1badmf

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 16:28:
Blue wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 14:34:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 13:43:
The F-104 and downward-firing ejector seats. oopsy daisy

Such a a terrible plane. Finicky at low speeds, unmaneuverable, lacking all-weather capability or range, and with limited weapon capacity.

Fast as hell, though, and Chuck Yeager flew an NF-104A practically into outer space, which has to count for a lot.

Also, no plane in history has looked more badass.

Suchoi 27 Flanker looks way more badass

nothing beats an F-14 tomcat for sheer badassery in flight.

News Comments > A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI?
25. Re: A Typo Broke Aliens Colonial Marines AI? Jul 15, 2018, 03:29 1badmf

i was super let down by this game. aliens was one of the hallmarks of my childhood, and as an adult little seemed as thrilling as playing a colonial marine in co-op mode with a bunch of other aliens fans, creeping around the dark with just the motion detector beeping at us to tell us we're all about to die. how could they have screwed up such a simple idea...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
28. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2018, 00:32 1badmf

truly sad how my old republican party has lost all love and appreciation for rationality and fact based governance. the fact that these idiots think infowars gives even two shits about the truth is just a sad commentary on what feeble-minded sheep the right has become.  

News Comments > James Ohlen Departs BioWare
8. Re: James Ohlen Departs BioWare Jul 14, 2018, 00:22 1badmf

Kxmode wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 15:38:
NKD wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 15:10:
I thought Ohlen was still on SWTOR, not Anthem? But yeah 22 years at one company, man that's a long time. Looks like he's getting into making D&D sourcebooks. Sounds a lot less stressful.

I'm sure it'll have stress, but nothing like the stress associated with developing video games.

imagine the stress of those devs that made andromeda, both during its fucked up development AND the post-launch drama.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jul 12, 2018, 00:34 1badmf

old ass peter weller or gtfo.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2018, 00:28 1badmf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 11, 2018, 21:14:
Gah, that steelseries keyboard is actually a membrane keyboard, doh! I glanced at it quick at work and figured it was a competitively cheap mechanical one. Thanks for the link, Mr. Tact, although that particular model looks shockingly ancient, it'll give me bad flashbacks or something. I'll do some digging.

Horse owners in Australia: "The disease is fatal to horses and humans, but I heard a rumor about some possible side effects, also it isn't free so... fuck that vaccine!" Also basically anti-vaxxers in the USA, but I digress.

my current keyboard

spartan, functional, mechanical (brown switches). backlit with white only, comes with wrist rest.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2018, 05:29 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 8, 2018, 23:07:
Yeah, the injury play acting is annoying. But it isn't exactly limited to soccer, ever watch a NBA game? I'm only a casual fan, but it really didn't seem terribly bad in this World Cup.

they flop in the NBA, they don't fake injuries to waste time. and the NBA is trying (badly) to fine players for flopping. it'll be a brisk day in hell before fifa does anything substantial to curb the diving and fake injuries in soccer. public perception will probably do more to reduce it than fifa will. gareth bale used to be a notorious diver, but after he was caught a few times he cut back on it. neymar, i just don't think he gives a shit. anything for the free kick.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 7, 2018, 01:30 1badmf

i can't help but think if these nutjobs had their way they'd do away with all things science and run the country via inquisition. just counting down the days until they declare earth is the center of the universe and burn all other books.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2018, 23:40 1badmf

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 5, 2018, 21:08:
In this case, global warming is a secondary concern. The current administration is deconstructing the EPA step by step. Any protection you might think or hope the government might provide against corporate misconduct against our environment will soon be all but endorsed by the government.

And apparently his deputy is as much of a oil industry weenie as Pruitt was.

all in the name of fucking money. i just cant comprehend how fully half the population think money is more important that safeguarding the future for our descendants. we're already the richest, most powerful country on earth, and it's not even close. we can afford to give up some wealth in the name of responsible stewardship of the planet and the future, not to mention responsible stewardship is the key to long term growth, instead of strip mining the world which will leave us nothing later.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2018, 00:23 1badmf

sauron wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 13:08:
I hope they get out safely. Their parents must have been beside themselves with worry.

As the proud dad of Ms. Sauron #1 and Ms. Sauron #2 (also known as Thing 1 and Thing 2), I can definitely empathize.

Overall, I am just really glad they got found, and have medical care and nutrition. Also quite proud they were found by British divers, since like most movie villains, I am a Brit.

of course you're a brit. everybody in those fucking movies was a brit. shoulda spoke with an american accent in the movies just to throw people off.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2018, 02:46 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 02:05:
Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 12:29:
Yeah, can't blame that octopus for wanting to hitch a ride on her.

Best quote on VS:

"Has Japan seen this yet?"

best reply: they're suing for copyright infringement XD

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2018, 02:46 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 02:02:
1badmf wrote on Jul 3, 2018, 00:00:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 22:09:
We now return you to your regularly scheduled fud
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt and his aides have kept "secret" calendars and schedules to overtly hide controversial meetings or calls with industry representatives and others

can't believe anyone ever believed trump would drain the swamp. these motherfuckers make swampthing's gag reflex convulse out of control.

"There are more fools than wise men, and even in the wise man himself there is more folly than wisdom."

in my experience the difference between a wise man and a fool is that a wise man knows we're all fools. otoh, trump and his whole administration are convinced they're the greatest human beings on earth and we disagree because we're too stupid to think on their level. which of course only lays bare the breathtaking capacity of their ignorance.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2018, 00:00 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 22:09:
We now return you to your regularly scheduled fud
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt and his aides have kept "secret" calendars and schedules to overtly hide controversial meetings or calls with industry representatives and others

can't believe anyone ever believed trump would drain the swamp. these motherfuckers make swampthing's gag reflex convulse out of control.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 30, 2018, 17:54 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 16:28:
DangerDog wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 14:55:
Currently, most manufacturers are offering 8-year/100,000-mile warranties for their batteries. Nissan is providing additional battery capacity loss coverage for 5 years or 60,000 miles

I bet that detail isn't in the sales literature, neither is the cost of replacing the cells.

Dad still uses his gen 1 Prius he got like 12 years ago. Batteries still fine. Different tech, but still.

what tech? lead-acid batteries? if so, shocking (pun intended =) they lasted this long.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2018, 17:54 1badmf

Hoop wrote on Jun 29, 2018, 16:47:
I was wondering where that arrest vid was going then the chick crawled up past the camera, ooook.
Lol.

man she bounced like a champ.

pretty sure i've never bought anything at toys'r us. my childhood was buying nintendo games from kaybee toys.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2018, 01:43 1badmf

i'm also rooting for croatia. luka modric is probably my favorite player right now because he brings beauty to the beautiful game even though he doesn't score boatloads of goals like ronaldo or messi. possibly the best midfielder in the world for the past few years for his passing and possession ability in the middle of the field.

anyone see The Expanse finale? phenomenal. imo hte best scifi series on tv since B5, although not at that level yet. still, very promising the way the plot and characters grow and change in unexpected and dynamic ways.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 26, 2018, 00:54 1badmf

haha i know a guy who actually went there on a vacation, voila, comes back with a statuesque blonde ukranian girlfriend. so you see, if you dream hard enough, anything's possible XD  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 26, 2018, 00:52 1badmf

somebody in their marketing department needs to be fired. trying to gag and control the free press has never ended well for anyone. if trump can't do it, it's kinda silly that Big Green thinks they can.  

1700 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo