Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for 1badmf

Real Name 1badmf   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2003, 12:00
Total Comments 2018 (Senior)
User ID 17347

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience

14. Re: Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience Jan 18, 2020, 23:56 1badmf

oh look! another ubisoft game with a world map full of cookie cutter missions! yeah that needed to end.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2020, 02:51 1badmf

a tldr hardware explanation of sata vs nvme;

sata was made for spinning platter drives that were basically physically hardware limited to how fast the platters could spin. even early sata ssds were probably physically capable of data speeds faster than sata6 since they had no moving parts, but nvme didn't exist yet. enter nvme - designed to take full advantage of the maximum speeds of SSDs. now they can run at maximum data rate and they're sooo much better than sata.

a friend of mine played jedi fallen order on ps4 and he said it would occasionally pause to load, but on my PC that never happened. with nvme hopefully loading screens will soon be a thing of the past.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 00:04 1badmf

not sure of your upgrade route, but apparently that free win7/8/8.1=>win10 free upgrade dealy from a couple years ago still works. odd how i read an article about that today, and here's blue doing that precise upgrade.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2020, 17:24 1badmf

the first ever win-win/lose-lose scenario!

the 9ers are vastly overrated, as is jimmyG. they are neck and neck with the vikings imo - both dominating defenses, but i'd give the vikes an edge on offense. it'll be a good game. *7-7 as of post

News Comments > Morning Interviews

12. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 10, 2020, 22:06 1badmf

El Pit wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 14:23:
All I want is some more Jedi Knight or TIE Fighter - not a Souls-like brawler that mostly appeals to console fans.

and why would challenging melee combat mostly appeal to console fans? i've been a pc gamer since playing mean streets on my dad's 8088, and Jedi is imo the best star wars game ever made. the combat is a rational challenge, and the story and writing are mostly wonderful - everything i ever wanted from a game about the Jedi. if you like guns, that's fine, but a game about the Jedi is necessarily going to have lightsaber focused combat and it's frankly irrational to decry a star wars game for that.

the first few hours are necessarily underwhelming because the narrative requires it - once Cal delves into the story and the force, it becomes nothing short of amazing; particularly the kashyyyk and the dathomir levels.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2020, 22:31 1badmf

dark energy - even beyond the math (i don't even know if there is any) it just never made logical sense. the universe is expanding, and it's accelerating? wtf? that goes beyond science into sky wizards controlling the cosmos. i always thought occam's razor, the more likely answer was the science was wrong than that the cosmos were wrong.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 5, 2020, 19:53 1badmf

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 5, 2020, 17:02:
1badmf wrote on Jan 5, 2020, 15:47:
glad to see jedi fallen order still doing well. that is a severely underrated game, especially for star wars fans. easily the best star wars game ever made.

KOTOR and Jedi Knight are on the phone and would like to have a word with you...

played both. i would hang up on both their asses.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation

5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 5, 2020, 16:02 1badmf

NKD wrote on Jan 5, 2020, 15:47:
As far as load times go, SSDs hit the point of zero returns pretty quickly. There's not much difference between someones 5 year old SATA SSD and a brand new top of the line NVMe one, in terms of gaming. The raw benchmarks will be vastly different but you won't see that performance with gaming workloads.

i find that hard to believe considering pcie gen4 is about 5 times faster than SATA6, and the bus is the bottleneck here.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 5, 2020, 15:47 1badmf

glad to see jedi fallen order still doing well. that is a severely underrated game, especially for star wars fans. easily the best star wars game ever made.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2019, 22:34 1badmf

any chance we could do a money league next year? straight pick-em money league. $5 buy in, let's say top 5 pay out? with the amount of players we get, it'd be a nice chunk.  

News Comments > Game Reviews

4. Re: Game Reviews Dec 30, 2019, 01:59 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 29, 2019, 22:47:
Salvage system needs tweaked badly, AI is an abomination, but still better then Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Baddies will spawn directly in front of you out of thing air (along with everywhere else), and yeah the radar sucks.

But there is something I had no fucking clue about that shows a great bit of details. The availability of mech and techs is effected by the date based on the game lore. Certain Houses used certain tech and mechs, so if ya want to go hunt through their space for it you can.

The entire game/campaign can be played co-op, and I've had some great sessions doing this once I found the discord channel. About as much fun as I've had since Ghost Recon Wildlands or Star Trek Bridge Crew.. And some of the most knuckle whiting moments since playing with friends in The Division 1 when everything is going to hell and you're just trying to get someone to the extractions zone to get the mission complete.

Really needs some patch loving, and more tweaking.

so the game i'm hoping for should show up in six months or so?

News Comments > Game Reviews

2. Re: Game Reviews Dec 29, 2019, 18:18 1badmf

jingles' opinions are always suspect at best. he freely admits he's pretty much crap at everything, but that's what makes him so lovable. he's entertaining but i'd trust other sources first for an informed opinion.  

News Comments > etc., etc.

12. Re: etc., etc. Dec 27, 2019, 21:00 1badmf

Nimh wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 19:22:
Show runners are literally coffee boys, gophers.. when has their opinion mattered? Am I missing something?

uh,.. no? showrunner is literally 'person who runs the show'; i.e., the person who makes all the decisions

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2019, 16:25 1badmf

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 25, 2019, 13:34:
Armengar wrote on Dec 25, 2019, 13:15:
Trading places is our Christmas tradition film.
Toss in some Die Hard and ho ho ho.

The Lion in Winter is the best xmas film and i won't hear otherwise! merry christmas ya hos!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2019, 18:41 1badmf

honestly i don't think it was that hard to get the end of the skywalker saga right. i mean they basically had a blank slate plot-wise after Jedi, with some really strong backstory building blocks. it took some real incompetence to fuck it all up, but kathleen kennedy was up to the task by hiring that commercial, talentless hack abrams.

as a struggling writer myself, i know it's a lot easier to build on a strong base than to come up with a completely new story myself, but that may just be my own talent set.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 19, 2019, 16:07 1badmf

ip man 4 is also coming out the 25th. that looks pretty good.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 18, 2019, 16:13 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2019, 15:20:
Here's a Star Wars review:

If thereís something you always wanted to see in a Star Wars movie, but havenít yet, odds are itís in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. The film plays like a 150-minute checklist of cool stuff and surprises designed to please as many fans as possible. That may sound great, but in the process, that densely packed highlight reel fails to tell a story thatís narratively interesting, thematically cohesive, or that builds any impactful stakes. Itís a film designed to tantalize and delight in the hope those things cover up its many shortcomings.

So, basically another JJ Abrams shitfest.

exactly what i was expecting. JarJar abrams couldn't make good art to save his life. he's michael bay except worse - he pretends he's a good film maker. Bay at least embraces his role as a commercial schlockfest king.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 15, 2019, 18:45 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2019, 17:06:
Why is Halo: Reach sold as a $10 DLC when it requires owning The Master Chief Collection, which includes Reach? I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

fyi if anyone's interested, MCC is included in xbox game pass for pc.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2019, 18:44 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Dec 15, 2019, 17:21:
The good news is that nuclear reactors are safe when run perfectly.
The bad news is that they are run by humans.

Even if this design works, it does nothing to mitigate the waste of producing uranium or plutonium fuel in the first place.

As for "they can be closer" it's a moot point. HVDC only loses 5% power over 1000 miles, so having a 5 mile buffer instead of a 10 mile buffer makes little difference.

The sun, the wind, the tides produce enough power without the risk of nuclear radiation. A few hundred square miles of Arizona desert has enough solar power to run the entire USA, not even counting wind.

NASA's working on a reactor about the size of a fridge in order to power future space stations and off world bases.

*fallout announcer voice*A reactor in every home - that's the American dream!

News Comments > PlanetSide Arena Shutting Down Next Month

6. Re: PlanetSide Arena Shutting Down Next Month Dec 14, 2019, 00:40 1badmf

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 13, 2019, 22:58:
Take Planetside 1. Apply Planetside 2 graphics. Done.

umm isnt' that just planetside 2?!?

2018 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >