Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jim

Real Name Jim   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname jimnms
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 30, 2003, 01:18
Total Comments 2686 (Senior)
User ID 17277

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Endurance Video
12. Re: Fallout 4 Endurance Video Sep 24, 2015, 21:27 jimnms

ItBurn wrote on Sep 24, 2015, 09:49:
F3 was better than FNV.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, trolling or serious. Fallout 3's story was ridiculously stupid. After my first play I was scratching my head, but the stupidity of it didn't really set in until my second play through.

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers
16. Re: Fallout 4 Dogmeat Trailers Sep 22, 2015, 06:53 jimnms

Looks like Bethesda is sticking to their trusty "fuck it, that's good enough, let the modders fix it." concept of game design, but they're new motto is: "We take the role playing out of RPG."  

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Tyson and Snowden Sep 20, 2015, 15:12 jimnms

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 20, 2015, 11:49:
A hero and a genius all rolled into one radio show. sweet.
And he's interviewing Edward Snowden too.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. ASCII graphics Sep 16, 2015, 09:11 jimnms

Games evolved from ASCII to pixels, to sprites then 3D. The past few years saw the re-emergence of pixel graphics, so is ASCII the "new" thing now? Are text adventures going to make a comeback?

> look
> go north
> look
> look at tree
> get branch
> use branch on face

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 13, 2015, 21:50 jimnms

Talutha wrote on Sep 13, 2015, 19:00:
Does anyone know anyone that hasn't played World of Warcraft, Hearthstone or Diablo 3?

I've never played any of those.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Strength Video
5. Re: Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Strength Video Sep 10, 2015, 20:30 jimnms

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 18:00:
Fallout 4 This video is for people who've never played Fallout.

FTFY

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
9. Re: Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans Sep 9, 2015, 18:45 jimnms

Jivaro wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 16:43:
Although the cynic in me wants to take a couple shots at the the "regular updates" and "DLC" sections, the fanboy in me is winning the battle and all I can really say is...

GIVE ME THE DAMN GAME ALREADY.

The cynical fanboy in me is saying this will be the worst Fallout yet. So far from what I've seen, voiced protagonist and limited dialog options, it looks like Fallout 4 will be more FPS like and less of an RPG.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 8, 2015, 22:01 jimnms

I have software that requires Java, but it's disabled by default in Firefox. I can't remember the last time I saw something that used Shockwave though.  

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders
5. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone Preorders Sep 8, 2015, 18:22 jimnms

The "season pass" includes the two planned DLC for $25, and this one is $10 without the discount. Is the next DLC is going to cost more? If not, it will be cheaper to buy them individually.  

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2015, 01:47 jimnms

Do they not have insurance in China? Either way, what kind of sick fucks could smash a child's head just because it's cheaper to pay for a funeral than medical bills.  

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Sep 4, 2015, 10:14 jimnms

Creston wrote on Sep 3, 2015, 21:58:
It's in my top 5 of all time, and it may even be top 3. It's better than Skyrim.

That's not saying much. I think my dog could shit out a better game than Skyrim.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 1, 2015, 21:52 jimnms

I began to notice Win7 trying to phone home about 4 months ago or more. I don't use the built in MS firewall so I started getting alerts when these new services started phoning home. Despite uninstalling and hiding the updates, they unhide them or re-release them under a new update with a generic description like "resolves and issue in Windows."

I've opted out of the "Customer Experience Improvement Program," and it still shows disabled, yet after each Windows update, the services and scheduled tasks that collect and send data magically turn back on and attempt to phone home.

Check your task scheduler, look under Microsoft / Windows / Application experience. There are three tasks there, AitAgent, Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser and ProgramDataUpdate. They should be disabled if you opted out of the Customer Experience Improvement Program. Every month after Windows Update runs and they all three become enabled again and start setting off my firewall alert and I have to disable them.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
14. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 29, 2015, 22:03 jimnms

Krowen wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 16:52:
You need parental features (specifically Family Safety) enabled on the associated Microsoft account and a family account on the OS, it's not like this happens by accident unless you don't read what you're clicking.

Most people don't bother to read anymore. They've been conditioned over to just scroll to the bottom and hit OK.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Client Updated
8. Re: GOG Galaxy Client Updated Aug 27, 2015, 05:06 jimnms

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 06:25:
As far as I know GOG removes any kind of DRM from the games they sell so they need to change the .exe! It's more weird that patches modify the .exe in the first place...

The stand alone download has the original exe, the one installed through the client doesn't. Patches change the exe all the time, especially older games.

NetHead wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 08:12:
The kind of stuff you just described is an absolute deal breaker to me and such things is a colossal screwup and a ridiculously stupid way to do things.
That's why it's still in beta, and it's optional. I still like it for downloading my games.

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 08:15:
So you reported that at http://mantis.gog.com right? After all that's several bugs that should be reported.

It was already reported before I discovered it.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Bethesda Games on GOG.com
31. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 20:54 jimnms

Jivaro wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:07:
Tulwinn wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:04:
Fallout is back whch is nice, though its a little weird, its back as a new item. I already had it and its now labelled Fallout Classic. if I go to the new Fallout, its page doesnt tell me I own it and would let me buy it again.

I am going to guess that this is the result of legal crap. You bought it when it was being published by a different company....thus "technically" it's a different product now. It's confusing and a bunch of shit, but I suspect that is why it is that way.

The "new" version doesn't have all of the extras that were included, other than that they are the same. [Source]

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Client Updated
2. Re: GOG Galaxy Client Updated Aug 25, 2015, 21:05 jimnms

I have only been using it as a downloader. The last time I imported a game I already had installed, it reset it to "out of the box" conditions, which removed the unofficial patches and mods that I had installed. Then when I tried to re-install them, the client installed version uses a modified .exe which made me unable to install the patches because they look for and modify the original game .exe.  

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released
20. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part I Released Aug 25, 2015, 14:33 jimnms

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 11:42:
Where is the mail updating people on how to get their free expansion etc.? Exactly. Nowhere to be seen.

That is some extremely poor communication as always from these guys. So no pledge. Ever. Again. kthx.

Check your inbox. I got an email at 11:54 with the info on the update and how to get my key.

MeanJim on Steam

News Comments > D&D GOLD Box RPGs on GOG.com
10. Re: D&D GOLD Box RPGs on GOG.com Aug 20, 2015, 21:39 jimnms

nin wrote on Aug 20, 2015, 18:42:
Never played these, as I was on a teenagers budget at the time. Tempting...

I saw these this morning from their news letter. I was in my early teens when these came out too. Pool of Radiance and Eye of the Beholder were the first two cRPGs I ever played. A friend bought them only to find out his dad's computer wouldn't run them. He brought them over to my house and we played them on my dad's computer one summer. It was fun playing them together, mapping out the dungeons. We never finished either one before school started back, and we never came back to them. I ended up buying them off him for $10 a piece.

I later played them by myself. The maps we made were long lost, and I never finished either one. I'm still kicking myself for selling them years later.

I'm tempted to grab these, but I'd probably never get around to playing them. I downloaded Pool of Radiance and EoB from an abandonware site a long time ago and never got around to them then.

MeanJim on Steam

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2015, 22:34 jimnms

jdreyer wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 17:42:
What happens when the shit hits the fan lawnmower blades?

Fertilizer?

MeanJim on Steam

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2015, 15:16 jimnms

eDave wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 13:10:
Common courtesy dictates that one wait till 10:00 AM to start mowing. But most landscapers in Phoenix get going at 8:00 AM. Just the way it is.

Half of the people around here mow their lawns at the crack of dawn because by 9-10am it's already in the 90's with 90%+ humidity. The other half mow theirs just before dark when it cools off, but the humidity is still hell. The past week it's been quite pleasant for this time of year. The temps are still 100+, but the humidity is unusually low for these parts (30-40%).

MeanJim on Steam

2686 Comments. 135 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo