Total Posts
3594 (Veteran)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

3594 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    180  ] Older

Re: Saturday Safety Dance
May 21, 2022, 19:13
Re: Saturday Safety Dance May 21, 2022, 19:13
May 21, 2022, 19:13

Who volunteered their dick for pic?
"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." - The Doctor

Re: OotB: Ignorance is bliss
May 21, 2022, 18:51
Re: OotB: Ignorance is bliss May 21, 2022, 18:51
May 21, 2022, 18:51

One person ignoring me as well. I knew there there was an ignore function, but I wouldn't use it, I'd miss out on all the drama. If say person A ignores person B, and person C quotes person B, does person A see person B's quote in C's post?
"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." - The Doctor

Re: Biz Buzz
May 20, 2022, 16:29
Re: Biz Buzz May 20, 2022, 16:29
May 20, 2022, 16:29

DarkCntry wrote on May 20, 2022, 14:39:
https://twitter.com/leftofcentermi/status/1527390618984402944

I mean, there's an increasingly scary number of people who fall into this line of belief going into various public offices...it's no longer just about costs as it is general safety.
Women having authority over men is outside of the Christian moral order.
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. (1 timothy 2:12-14)

And rape is perfectly fine with the Christian moral order.
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

Re: Old World on Steam and GOG.com
May 20, 2022, 04:54
Re: Old World on Steam and GOG.com May 20, 2022, 04:54
May 20, 2022, 04:54

I never heard of this until now. I just watched a review and I'm interested. It looks like someone put Civilization and Crusader Kings in a blender and this came out.

Re: OotB: L'elegant
May 20, 2022, 00:51
Re: OotB: L'elegant May 20, 2022, 00:51
May 20, 2022, 00:51

jdreyer wrote on May 19, 2022, 20:04:
The Loop Current, a fueler of monster storms, is looking a lot like it did in 2005.

I hope all of our TX, LA, and other southern Bluesers have prepped for storm season with lots of batteries, bottled water, and non-perishable food. In addition, might want to pack a go-bag in case things get really gnarly.

Ugg, I guess I need to re-inquire about getting a whole home generator. I had been toying with the idea for a while since we've been having more intense summer storms and close calls with tornadoes, bringing with them power outages lasting several days. The final straw was being without power for 6 days after the ice storm a couple of years ago, so I finally inquired about one. They were backed up to even get a quote, so I was put on a waiting list. I never heard from them though, and just never looked back into it.

Re: OotB: Sorry
May 18, 2022, 18:02
Re: OotB: Sorry May 18, 2022, 18:02
May 18, 2022, 18:02

The Half Elf wrote on May 18, 2022, 13:55:
RedEye9 wrote on May 18, 2022, 13:43:
22 hours later
Pros
  • Refrigerator magnets stick to me like they’re made out of rare earth materials.
  • My non 5g phone now has 5 g’s.
Cons
  • Injection site hurts when touched with a powder puff. Deltoid is sore.
  • Feel like I’m coming down with the flu, general malaise.
One thing I’ve noticed since getting the first vaccine:
Used to be I could not watch horror movies but now I am halfway through “The Haunting of Hill House.”

Don't put on the tin foil hat! You'll never get it off!
The second day for both was like having a hangover (1st major, 2nd bad) and the booster just made me tired.
And I still can't watch the original Poltergeist movies.

Most people I know have had lesser reactions with each shot, but I've had the opposite experience. The first shot was nothing. The night after the 2nd shot, a few hours before bed I had "that feeling" you get when you're coming down with something, but I slept all night and felt fine when I woke up. A couple of hours after getting up though I was really tired, so I went back to bed. I slept a couple of hours, felt fine for an hour or two then was tired again. This happened a couple more times and by the afternoon I was fine.

I got my booster (3rd shot) I think in November. It was much worse. I woke up during the night really hot and feeling like I was going to puke. I ran to the bathroom, but luckily didn't puke. I felt crappy and had fever for about half the day and felt like I was going to throw up a couple more times, but I never did.

If that trend continues, I'm not looking forward to getting another booster, but I did ask my doctor about it. He recommended I wait a month or two since cases here are very low, and if there's another summer spike, getting it now would have the booster just coming off peak effectiveness when the spike hits. Waiting a month or two would have the booster working at peak effectiveness if there is another summer spike. He also said to keep an eye on local cases and if they start rising again to go ahead and get the booster.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
May 18, 2022, 16:59
Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2022, 16:59
May 18, 2022, 16:59

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 18, 2022, 13:48:
Especially in light of the fact that so few people do firmware updates on them once they unbox them.
Some of them now auto update firmware. I had to "borrow" one from Walmart last year when lightning struck outside the house and fried my cable modem which then fried the ethernet ports on the router. Luckily the router sacrificed itself and nothing connected to it was damaged. I went to Walmart and bought a cable modem, which was a newer version of my fried one, and grabbed a router hoping I might get lucky and it would be supported by OpenWRT, but it wasn't. At least this model (I think it was a Netgear brand) wouldn't even let you connect to the internet until you setup the router.

At first, I was about to box it right back up and go without because it just brought up a page with a QR code and said to scan it with a smart phone and download an app to continue setting it up. I don't have a smart phone, and even if I did, that wasn't happening. I just needed to get online and find a replacement that was supported by OpenWRT. They really hid the manual setup process well. Once I found it and got in, it detected an updated firmware and forced me to update before continuing.

Once I got it working, it was actually not that bad if you enabled the "advanced mode" to get access to everything. It was better than every consumer router I've seen in the past, except the one that just got fried, which had a custom version of DDWRT out of the box. Like all routers though, they'll probably stop providing firmware updates after a couple of years, which will leave you vulnerable unless you buy a new one. The router defaulted to checking and auto updating firmware, but you could disable it in the advanced settings.

Why Does Every Portal Player Do THIS.
May 17, 2022, 18:46
Why Does Every Portal Player Do THIS. May 17, 2022, 18:46
May 17, 2022, 18:46

I thought it was going to be turning around after getting into the elevator.

It looks like ‘Arma Reforger’ has leaked and it’s coming to consoles.
May 15, 2022, 14:24
It looks like ‘Arma Reforger’ has leaked and it’s coming to consoles. May 15, 2022, 14:24
May 15, 2022, 14:24

They're going to have to do some serious dumbing down to get Arma on consoles. The game practically uses every key and key combination (alt, shift, control, alt-shift, control-shift, control-alt-shift, etc.) on a keyboard. It'll be a miracle if they can get it to work with a controller.

Re: OotB: Authentico!
May 15, 2022, 03:53
Re: OotB: Authentico! May 15, 2022, 03:53
May 15, 2022, 03:53

GaianElite wrote on May 14, 2022, 22:38:
The Half Elf wrote on May 14, 2022, 17:07:
Blue do you have a link for the egg rings? I am ready to buy some but wanted a personal recommendation (to make McMuffins pretty much) and I don't trust Amazon reviews.

Thanks!
I second this notion.

Just make your own with some scissors and a soda can.

Sega says it’s planning ‘multiple’ remakes, remasters and new games this year.
May 13, 2022, 17:31
Sega says it’s planning ‘multiple’ remakes, remasters and new games this year. May 13, 2022, 17:31
May 13, 2022, 17:31

The only remake/remaster I want to see from Sony is Alpha Protocol.

Re: New GeForce Drivers
May 12, 2022, 21:48
Re: New GeForce Drivers May 12, 2022, 21:48
May 12, 2022, 21:48

I used to just update (if there was one) during my monthly reboot. However, I haven't updated since 472.12, because that was the last standard driver they released.

Re: Quoteworthy
May 11, 2022, 17:40
Re: Quoteworthy May 11, 2022, 17:40
May 11, 2022, 17:40

Beamer wrote on May 11, 2022, 14:12:
People feel included when they see people like them in a community. If you do not have female gaming characters, you have fewer female gamers. It's a basic function of human nature.

As an off-shoot of that point, there's huge value in seeing someone that looks like you.

Most video game characters are attractive, fit and white. Other than the skin color, that's nothing like me, and that doesn't bother me. I play games to escape reality, not be myself. Maybe Gordon Freeman is the closest video game character like me (white and nerdy). You don't actually see him in-game and he is a silent protagonists, so you could play the game and pretend he's whatever you want.

Beamer wrote on May 11, 2022, 14:12:
So yes. All of this is actually kind of important.

The only thing important about a game is, is it fun. I don't care what the character I'm playing looks like or what genitals are between its legs. If someone won't play a game because of any of that, or complains about it, well, that's kind of sad.

Re: Evening Gatherings & Events
May 11, 2022, 16:31
Re: Evening Gatherings & Events May 11, 2022, 16:31
May 11, 2022, 16:31

I thought they removed Solitaire from Windows starting with Win10.

Re: Civilization VI Free Weekend
May 8, 2022, 02:04
Re: Civilization VI Free Weekend May 8, 2022, 02:04
May 8, 2022, 02:04

Sepharo wrote on May 7, 2022, 22:55:
One time Jim, I, and Krovven (I think? I can't really remember now...) played a Civ 5 game for like 2 years straight, and then I had to bail on them like... half way through. It was causing me too much existential dread

Now I can't play Civ anymore without micromanaging to an absurd degree... like I was already that way before playing turn-by-email with these guys, but that just made it 100 times worse for me.
Have to absolutely look at and tweak every possible thing, every feature, and in every city too, every round lol
So it wasn't just me. Knowing I was up against humans, I would spend hours on a turn over analyzing and trying to plan for anything that might happen.

May 7, 2022, 21:42
Re: Civilization VI Free Weekend May 7, 2022, 21:42
May 7, 2022, 21:42

FloorPie wrote on May 7, 2022, 20:20:
LordSteev wrote on May 7, 2022, 19:44:
Feels like they (Firaxis) hit their peak around Civ 3. I still liked 4, but when 5 came out and you could only have one military unit per tile, the micromanagement of invasions got tedious for me. Then 6, which is just straight up too cartoony for my tastes. This is a series where I'd happily like to see some new re-makes of the earlier games, maybe some shiny graphics, but leaving all the rules and gameplay exactly like it was.

Civ3 was all around horrible on launch and it expansion which added MP for the first time wasn't much better. Civ4 is the highlight of the series after all of its expansions. Civ5 I disliked for the same reasons with the combat and same with cartoony 6.

I've played every Civ game except Civ 2. I missed out on 2, but I played the Call 2 Power games. I actually liked 3 more than 4, but only slightly. I still fondly remember some of my Civ 3 games, but not much for Civ 4 and up. One of the changes made from Civ 3 and up were the borders becoming invisible, impassible walls until you researched writing and could sign an open border agreement. In Civ 3, you could pass through another civ's border as long as you didn't end your turn there, and if you did, depending on your reputation with that civ, they might let it go or give you a warning to leave. If you didn't leave on the next turn your unit was booted out. This was useful for exploring and needing to pass through a civ's border, or later if your exploration unit was trapped and unable to get it home. The AI could and would also move through your borders without an open border treaty and you could let it go or tell them to leave. Civ VI to some extend has brought this back. In the early game you can pass through other civ's borders, and it's not until later where borders become impassible without open border treaty or going to war.

I like the one unit per tile starting in Civ V. In previous titles, the only strategy was to stack all of your units and whoever has the biggest stack wins. Now with one unit per tile, adjacency bonuses and support units there is much more strategy to the combat.

Overall, I do like Civ VI, and think it's the best one yet. Civ V is still good, but one thing I hated was it made it so you had to build every building in each city because some were prerequisites to others . It was always weird settling a new city in the modern era and having to build walls to build a castle to build whatever in between before you could build a modern military base. Now in Civ VI, this is gone and like in previous games, once a building or improvement is obsolete, it can't be built. Unlike the older games though, they don't become useless. There are policies that will give you culture and/or tourism for things like walls and castles, etc. after certain eras, so it's not a waste to build them.

Re: Saturday Metaverse
May 7, 2022, 15:45
Re: Saturday Metaverse May 7, 2022, 15:45
May 7, 2022, 15:45

Laughing Man wrote on May 7, 2022, 13:44:
The Cowboy Bebop article is from December. Why was it posted?
Just to remind you.

May 7, 2022, 15:41
Re: Civilization VI Free Weekend May 7, 2022, 15:41
May 7, 2022, 15:41

If you install it to try, follow these instructions to bypass the shitty launcher they crammed into it a while back. 2K's been forcing this launcher into older titles too. I can't even run their games if I don't bypass the launcher. It takes over 30 seconds to even start the launcher, then I get an error message that literally just says "oops something went wrong" with a retry button, and then it crashes as soon as I click retry.

You'll also want to install mod to fix the AI. In the last and final patch, they broke the already dumb AI with a missing or misplaced decimal. Without it, the AI in the late game will focus 100% on science output so much that they'll stop making military units and starve their empire.

It's been a shit show since they decided to cram this shit into their games. Their game forums are full of angry posts about the launcher not starting the game and crashing like it does for me, or causing the game to crash if they don't ALT-TAB out and kill it once up and running. The game also can no longer be run in offline mode unless the launcher is bypassed. Some even report that they launch the game through Steam, then the 2K launcher tells them they don't own the game.

Re: OotB: The Redneck Riviera
May 6, 2022, 21:59
Re: OotB: The Redneck Riviera May 6, 2022, 21:59
May 6, 2022, 21:59

RedEye9 wrote on May 6, 2022, 18:02:
MeanJim wrote on May 6, 2022, 17:49:
RedEye9 wrote on May 6, 2022, 14:22:
What’s left after a Javelin anti-tank missile comes in contact with a T-90M.

Looks like Arma3 needs an update.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/18/us/ukraine-antitank-missiles-russia.html
The NLAW is also doing a good job.
Both “missiles have succeeded despite efforts to defeat them. The Russian military had said, and Pentagon leadership believed, that a defensive system on the newest T-90 tanks was capable of sensing and destroying anti-tank missiles like Javelins and NLAWs in flight.”
I was reading something the other day about Russia's active defense system on tanks and APCs that detects the incoming missile and firing basically a shotgun blast at it. It said it's not effective at top down shots, but it's supposed to stop incoming missiles from the sides, front and back. I wonder if these tanks were even equipped with it.

Re: OotB: The Redneck Riviera
May 6, 2022, 17:49
Re: OotB: The Redneck Riviera May 6, 2022, 17:49
May 6, 2022, 17:49

RedEye9 wrote on May 6, 2022, 14:22:
What’s left after a Javelin anti-tank missile comes in contact with a T-90M.

Looks like Arma3 needs an update.
3594 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    180  ] Older