Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9700 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2016, 23:09 PHJF

Fallout 4 will do a pretty good job souring itself.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 20, 2016, 18:33 PHJF

How is it that armies in fantasy miraculously march in complete stealth and with such speed...  

News Comments > Different Steam Top 10
4. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 13:05 PHJF

Without knowing anything about it whatsoever, I'll bet dollars to donuts it's an early access multiplayer survival horror game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: longest day/night Jun 20, 2016, 11:19 PHJF

Man, last I had heard Westworld was on hold or something. Looks like one of the more ambitious projects for television, even by HBO standards.  

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
28. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 14:13 PHJF

I thought one of the big draws of Destiny was there was this ten year over arching story the players will ride through.

From somebody who reads a lot of sci-fi... Destiny's (total lack of) narrative is hot garbage.

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days
17. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 14:03 PHJF

Then don't buy it until it's available for different versions, but don't give me that entitled whining.

Well no, I already said I won't pay a dime for it if it has any Win10 exclusivity period.

Maybe you didn't notice, but MS has a long and sordid history of shitting all over PC gamers; they tried to make us pay for Xbox Live, for fucks sake. At this point you want to give them an inch AFTER they've already taken the mile.

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
22. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 13:42 PHJF

Destiny was only remarkable for one thing, and that was something they gave up on within months: raids. The six-man raiding in an FPS was wholly unique and ton of fun, and they pissed it away in the name of same-as-it-ever-was team deathmatch and arena survival.

They loved to complain that very few people actually did the raids, but always glossed over there was no fucking matchmaking for raids and the only way to play with strangers was to use third-party websites to organize. Which I did, for many weeks, because it was challenging and fun in a game mired in an overall lack of original ideas.

13. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 13:34 PHJF

Um yes it is, it a LOT better than never being able to play it on any other version of Windows.

This is markedly worse than not having it on Windows at all. Microsoft is telling us there is no compatibility issue between the latest Windows versions. The only reason it's "exclusive" to Win10 is money.

Windows 10 is NOT a platform. Whereas there is real work involved in providing backwards compatibility between games consoles, there is literally nothing a developer has to do to make a Win10 title work on Win7. If they think stubborn Win7/8 users like myself will finally cave in to the endless "upgrade your fucking PC to Win10 or else" spam brigade for the sake of playing Dead Rising 4, they're fucking nuts. In reality they are just convincing me not to buy the game, period (and I actually do own and enjoy DR3 on Steam).

3. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 10:27 PHJF

It's launching on Xbone and Win10...  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Cable STB Compromise Jun 17, 2016, 09:27 PHJF

I'm still not seeing how having to deal with stupid customers (which I'm not sure you are aware but every industry deals with stupid customers) should exempt TV providers from having an open platform.

And this hole was dug by the industry itself, as is always the case with telecoms. You think it's legitimate for a cable company to tell customers, at every opportunity, their monthly bill will be X dollars, then charge them up to 40% more in completely hidden and arbitrary fees? And then to charge hundreds of dollars to cancel service when the customer gets pissed off??? And you think it's UNACCEPTABLE when a customer tries to mitigate those fees?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Cable STB Compromise Jun 16, 2016, 22:33 PHJF

Ummmm you've been able to use your own modem with Time Warner for, like, ever. Don't know why you think a STB would be a stretch... especially after how successful a little STB named TiVo was.  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 16, 2016, 17:03 PHJF

Loose Cannon wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 15:43:
PHJF wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 11:28:
Ammon has built an open access network that lets multiple private ISPs offer service to customers over city-owned fiber.

Sorry, what's the fucking point in having citizens set up the infrastructure and then having a bunch of bloodsucking ISPs come in and set up shop on top of it?

Competition, obviously.

I'm not sure if you read the article, but the project has paid for itself already:
What about Ammon's costs? The city government broke even within three years and is now operating in the black, Kirkham said. The city has no debt related to the fiber construction.

Also Fybercom and Syringa don't sound like the usual bloodsucking ISPs.

I'm all for this.

The entire reason this is necessary is bloodsucking mega ISPs don't want to pay to install or update infrastructure. If you're going to have the municipality foot the bill, then just have them run the fucking thing.

7. Re: Coffee Jun 16, 2016, 12:32 PHJF

Never would have thought drinking things which burn your throat could be unhealthy. By the time I press the coffee through my Bodum and add some (cold) milk, it's pretty cool.  

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 16, 2016, 11:28 PHJF

Ammon has built an open access network that lets multiple private ISPs offer service to customers over city-owned fiber.

Sorry, what's the fucking point in having citizens set up the infrastructure and then having a bunch of bloodsucking ISPs come in and set up shop on top of it?

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
18. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2016, 13:40 PHJF

TF2 wasn't a $60 game with microtransactions, either.

And having twice as many maps doesn't mean shit when most of them suck. Dustbowl could have been the only map in the game and it would have still been better than the sum of Overwatch maps. Yeah it sucked waiting six months for Goldrush, but Valve was juggling support for everything else in the Orange Box at the same time. It took Blizzard a month to make the very minor balance changes to Widow and Mccree that were plain-as-day necessary from the open beta. Meanwhile competitive mode is still absent (pushed to mid-late July last I saw).

News Comments > Overwatch Hits 10M; Launches Balance Patch
16. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2016, 12:34 PHJF

TF2 survived for how many years without them? Completely unnecessary.

TF2 was a much better game, even out of the box, than Overwatch is. Been playing Overwatch the past month more because I have nothing else to play than for any other reason, and I'm already pretty tired of it. The maps are very boring and the game modes even more so, and what character gets chosen is based entirely (assuming my goal is to win the current match) on the enemy and my own teams' makeup rather than what I want to play. Playing as Mercy or Lucio (which shockingly most people don't want to do) is mercilessly (no pun intended) boring.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development
50. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 14, 2016, 16:55 PHJF

Other than that Oblivion was jaw-dropping gorgeous on the PC with awesome varied landscapes from those snow-covered mountains to the lush forests and grasslands around the Imperial City and the swamps somewhere down south.

It was one of the worst-animated games of its time, too. Bethesda games usually are.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2016, 20:11 PHJF

Just get a 4-port USB3 front panel insert...  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
15. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 14:14 PHJF

So what is the god damn point of this exercise?

Same as any re-release is: make money off idiots twice.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2016, 23:33 PHJF

SirKnight wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 21:51:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 14:59:

2. Christians have in the past and continue to kill in the name of Christ,

That's not only extremely wrong but extremely ignorant.

Jesus Christ forbids killing as it is a highly sinful act. Anyone who does the type of murder you mention are not Christians. This is why your statement is wrong. Jesus said many times if you believe in him and love him, then you will do as he commands. One of his most important commandments he left us with is to love one another like he loved. No matter if they are your enemy or not. If you do this, then everyone will know you are his disciple, as he said. If you do not obey his commandments, then you are not his disciple. If you are not his disciple, then you are not a Christian. Thus, it is impossible for a Christian to kill in the name of anything, especially in the name of God.

Always keep in mind the teaching of the wolves in sheep's clothing. You can know a person by their works. A good tree does not produce bad fruit, and a bad tree does not produce good fruit.

Sorry dude, you didn't capitalize Him or His. Looks like you are in for an eternity in hell...

9700 Comments. 485 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo