Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9702 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Sep 18, 2015, 10:48 PHJF

Dirty Bomb is just shit, Insurgency was too obtuse (ie not fun) when I tried it like (LIKE EIGHT YEARS AGO), and Overwatch looks like a resounding "meh". TF2 made genuine strides to update stale shooter tropes and succeeded in a huge way, Overwatch looks entirely derivative by comparison.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > UE4 Infiltrator Demo
6. Re: UE4 Infiltrator Demo Sep 17, 2015, 22:44 PHJF

Dude this thing is two years old. The initial run of this was to promote the GTX680, which that video is from. You'd know this if you took three seconds to research before opening your pie hole.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2015, 22:36 PHJF

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 21:17:
In the end, no matter what you eat, your still going to die.

Nope not me, I subsist via a regular core supplement of Grade A Sacrificial Virgin's Blood. I'm gonna LIVE FOREVER.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Sep 17, 2015, 22:31 PHJF

The fact of CSGOs popularity is depressing. Fifteen years of CS and the core game is still the best of its kind, with little to no mechanical improvement and the same old de_dust fests of yesteryear running in perpetuity. TF2 was fun for hundreds of hours but holy fuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkkkk I'd kill for a solid new shooter to consistently play.  

News Comments > DARK SOULS III in April
12. Re: DARK SOULS III in April Sep 17, 2015, 20:17 PHJF

The environment is supposed to tell the story, something rarely done in video games. The bosses have little stories of their own (Artorias being the most obvious) which you can piece together from the odd bit of dialog, but Dark Souls is mostly about being steeped into the world itself in lieu of cutscenery and talking heads. It works.

That being said, the game is looking a little long in the tooth. Bloodborne was pretty samey in its own right and I played far less of it than Souls or Souls 2, but it varied enough to at least stay interesting. Something tells me Souls 3 isn't going to be received nearly as well.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2015, 15:56 PHJF

BobBob wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 14:46:
I want to become completely vegeterian, but I need to get over my cheese addiction.

My sister tried this laughable "vegan mac and cheese" recipe wherein the cheese is replaced by a puree of cashews and nutritional yeast. It was the worst fucking thing on the planet. I can understand vegetarianism because furry animals and whatnot, but veganism can fuck right off. NON DAIRY mac and cheese w/ gluten-free blanched almond noodles??? Fuck RIGHT off.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 17, 2015, 12:36 PHJF

It doesn't help that the (few) plot pushes in MGSV are ceaselessly diluted among a majority of pointless filler missions.

We're talking 50 total missions, MAYBE ten of which involve real plot development, maybe ten of which are just Subsistence or Stealth or Extreme redos of earlier missions, and the rest being filler. And then the game goes and ends without any resolution, anyways, because it's painfully clear that Konami said enough is enough get this game out the door NOW.

I'm not a hardcore MGS fan, but I still had some pretty moderate expectations going in about narrative development in MGSV and the game still under delivered in a big way. I'd be more upset about it if the game wasn't so fun.

News Comments > Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month
5. Re: Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month Sep 17, 2015, 12:21 PHJF

NOW GET THESE FUCKING COUPONS OUT OF MY STEAM INVENTORY  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 16, 2015, 23:14 PHJF

We can only "discuss" the complete, soul-crushing lack of development progress for so long.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet
21. Re: Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet Sep 15, 2015, 16:12 PHJF

I don't own FO3 on Steam, and only bought Oblivion on Steam well, well after release. And a lot of time spent in NV was via Steam-unfriendly mods.  

News Comments > Umbrella Corps Announced
5. Re: Umbrella Corps Announced Sep 15, 2015, 13:11 PHJF

And here I thought Operation Raccoon City was the worst-received Resident Evil in living memory. I realize RE6 didn't exactly sell like hotcakes, but it shouldn't have spelled the end of core-game RE development; it wasn't THAT bad.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced
6. Re: Just Cause 3: Air, Land & Sea Expansion Pass Announced Sep 15, 2015, 13:02 PHJF

You realize this isn't Day-One DLC (except for the skins)? It's a run-of-the-mill DLC pack, which has time and time again proven a) to be a waste of money and b) safe to completely ignore.

Avalanche will have to do something mind-blowingly more thick than standard pre-release DLC hype to counter how outrageously entertaining JC3 looks.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Pewdiepie Is Making A TV Show Sep 14, 2015, 20:47 PHJF

Pure Pwnage was a small show with a cult following that tried to become a big hit and turned out to be a disaster.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet
3. Re: Fallout 4 Not Specced Yet Sep 14, 2015, 20:46 PHJF

It's Gamebryo, which is a hilariously old piece of shit.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
10. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 14, 2015, 10:09 PHJF

Once an SSD goes tits up, and many of them do it without warning, good luck accessing it at all.

You have any basis for saying that?

8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 13, 2015, 20:30 PHJF

Yeah but 3D NAND is ramping up, and I have a feeling the consumer sector is going to start (finally) rejecting HDD as the standard in the coming year or two.  

5. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 13, 2015, 14:25 PHJF

NAND are only going to get smaller and cheaper to produce. They absolutely will become cheaper than HDD.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2015, 13:10 PHJF

It's the New York Times, not JAMA.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend
7. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Weekend Sep 11, 2015, 10:51 PHJF

The human enemies in XCOM are poorly integrated and have almost no scaling. It isn't long before they post no threat whatsoever but nevertheless continually harass XCOM, because pinpointing their base takes an unreasonable amount of time and/or trial and error. It could have been a lot more interesting if the enemy human forces more closely paralleled XCOM in equipment/abilities/tactics.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
5. Re: Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans Sep 9, 2015, 17:30 PHJF

One of the most popular Skyrim mods was better looking and nude female models... I anticipate a thriving underground adult-oriented FO4 modding community!  

9702 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo