Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9914 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 15:07 PHJF

CK will claim he doesn't care about being likable, but why else would anyone book his continually-cratering career at their club?

Louis sexually harassed people... which has nothing to do with comedy.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 14:43 PHJF

He SHOULDN'T apologize. He's a comedian. The best-regarded comedy has often been offensive.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 13:57 PHJF

Well it's easy to take it too far in the other direction. Terry Gross was basically hammering Kevin Hart on NPR yesterday over a decade-old homophobic tweet and I just kept thinking... yeah, he's a fucking comedian, not the president of the United States. Get over it.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 7, 2019, 10:24 PHJF

The original 7600gt was a $150-$200 card. $200-$300 is decidedly mid-range for a GPU. You can't tell me the cost to make this shit suddenly jumped 100% in a decade.  

News Comments > Twitch Prime Freebies
3. Re: Twitch Prime Freebies Jan 4, 2019, 21:51 PHJF

Wishful thinking, I was hoping for steam keys... not an invitation to install some twitch junk.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Dec 29, 2018, 10:38 PHJF

Finally, to make it more interesting and more worthwhile I would grab a passenger mission to a tourist destination that is about 6K ly out. Make sure the passenger is easy going, not wanted anywhere etc.
You can easily make a few million from that mission *and* unlock Palin in one swipe.

The new deep core mining completely nullifies any other form of making money. I made several hauls of 250,000,000 credits each in void opal, which can be found in basically any pristine ice ringed planet (of which there are many).

To put that into perspective, I had 70,000,000 credits total (plus the value of my A-rated Clipper) going into this last update. Granted I haven't played in forever.

2. Re: etc., etc. Dec 28, 2018, 22:32 PHJF

I just flew 5000ly in a 30ly-range Clipper to unlock Professor Palin's upgrades.

It was... pretty boring. And now I get to fly back! Granted I was doing it without using neutron star jumping.

News Comments > John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad
32. Re: John Romero Is Going to Make You His Wad Dec 11, 2018, 10:06 PHJF

So where's the .wad?

Wait, it isn't even done? He's celebrating the 25th anniversary by... announcing something? Man, next time I forget my own anniversary I'm gonna "announce" that I'll have something great in two months.

News Comments > Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced
10. Re: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced Dec 11, 2018, 10:00 PHJF

Yeah, let's go and destroy the iconic and legendary hero of the Witcher games by including him in every 3rd rate beat'em up garbage game. Great idea!

Except this isn't a 3rd rate game, nor is it a beat em up game, and it sort of makes sense having a legendary monster hunter in a game solely about... hunting monsters?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2018, 17:56 PHJF

I do a fair amount of cooking (made paneer tikka masala last night), but I must confess... I do not own cast iron  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2018, 13:10 PHJF

chow mein >>>>>>>>>> fried rice  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 7, 2018, 10:36 PHJF

Orogogus wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 02:04:

I mean, I think Sony hates PC gaming more than Microsoft does.

Microsoft pushed exclusivity very hard when they broke into the console market. Let's not forgot their biggest franchise was originally a PC game they bought out and dedicated their system to. I think the only reason they don't push for wider exclusivity these days is they simply can't get away with it. Publishers and developers demand the whole market.

Meanwhile, PlayStation games have been popping up for the PC on and off for decades: Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy... I don't think Sony ever had the view PC gaming and PlayStation gaming were opposed to each other.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Dec 4, 2018, 09:22 PHJF

I'm stuck in commiefornia where my government tells me how much water I can use to flush my poop down the drain.

There's a federal standard for how much water is used in toilets, ass hat. It was enacted in 1992. California's own standard for toilets is only 20% lower than the federal.

News Comments > Darksiders III Released
5. Re: Darksiders III Released Nov 28, 2018, 09:36 PHJF

wrlwnd wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 23:31:
Reviews on steam don't look too good.

That's a shame. Was hoping it would be as good as the other two.

Considering it was made by some second-rate studio who bought up the IP for peanuts, there was never any expectation this would be a particularly good game.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2018, 14:50 PHJF

Cyber Monday is pretty lame, like Steam sales without the flash deals.

Steam really doesn't want me buying games from Steam anymore...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2018, 14:16 PHJF

SHRINKAGE!!!  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 20, 2018, 12:21 PHJF

I got a Steam Link at $10 to do one thing, stream video from my PC to a TV easily. It's incredibly annoying because of some glitch that causes the audio constantly get louder and quieter throughout playback. Never found a fix.  

4. Re: etc., etc. Nov 7, 2018, 08:01 PHJF

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 21:11:
So will games make Nazis into kids?

Nazism is not commutative!

8. Re: etc., etc. Oct 19, 2018, 08:34 PHJF

Moved from arrow keys to wasd around Counter-Strike. One thing that grinds my gears is stupid games trying to tell me 'e' is the use key.
It's 'f', you fuckers!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2018, 15:14 PHJF

Did nobody besides me play Battlefield 1942: Galactic Conquest?

Battlefield: Galactic Conquest will put you in the role of an every day soldier in the Star Wars universe. You will be able to choose between the Galactic Civil war and The Clone Wars and fight by either means of Land or Air in many of the Vehicles you can see throughout the Star Wars universe.

Take out AT AT walkers with your snowspeeder or battle around huge star destroyers in space, whatever takes your fancy!

the 2nd most anticipated Battlefield 1942 modification after Desert Combat! (official)

9914 Comments. 496 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo