Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9650 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First?
45. Re: GeForce Experience Users to Get Drivers First? Oct 16, 2015, 23:57 PHJF

The people who "don't know who makes their gfx card" are people with Intel integrated graphics. People concerned with having up-to-date hardware drivers know damn well what hardware they have.

But it is a non deal. "Game ready" is pure marketing bunk.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2015, 23:53 PHJF

Sounds like your steamwebhelper is fucked up, which happens to me on a rather frequent basis. Pull up taskmanager and shut down all instances of steamwebhelper.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions
11. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Oct 16, 2015, 13:10 PHJF

It has 36 DLC and now microtrasactions. There's nothing else to figure out.  

9. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Oct 16, 2015, 12:43 PHJF

Doesnt seem like any of you guys have actually played the game who are complaining about past DLC.

My 70 hours not enough?

6. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Oct 16, 2015, 12:00 PHJF

Shame, the game was pretty solid and entertaining out of the box, right up until the massive DLC fuckfest began.  

News Comments > The Crew: Wild Run Closed Beta Begins
1. Re: The Crew: Wild Run Closed Beta Begins Oct 15, 2015, 19:03 PHJF

Wild Hunt  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2015, 21:33 PHJF

Boy you kids got it easy. When I had colon surgery I was put on a nasogastric intubation feeding golytely. You ever vomit when there's a tube down your throat into your stomach?  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2015, 11:57 PHJF

Corsair CX are garbage, cheap Chinese garbage. When choosing PSU's you want to look for Japanese components.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released
34. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 14, 2015, 09:42 PHJF

Like I said, I played the game at release. 75% of the time the enemy AI would sprint across the map and attack me point blank. Positioning was completely pointless. I really don't care if shit improved after X patches; WL2 was in EA for nearly a year, 1.0 should have been better.

In any case, combat wasn't the reason I played WL2 (or any other RPG for that matter).

Combat was a solid 90% of the game, and wasn't tactical in the least. It didn't help I played WL2 pretty close to Original Sin.

29. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 23:40 PHJF

It wasn't so much the bugs at release (and make no mistake they were plentiful) as the awful, awful combat that made the entirety of WL2 a drag (and yes, I did play it in its entirety). Weapons were poorly balanced, AI was beyond stupid, and character progression made next to no impact. There weren't any fun or interesting things to do with characters to differentiate them, no abilities to play with in battle, just point... and shoot...

Presentation was awful across the board. Unity is a shit engine no mistaking it, and the artists behind WL2 didn't do it any favors. Animations were ugly as fuckall, character models looked like something somebody made ten years ago, and the sound design was a big old bag of bad. VO was too sparse to make any difference. Zones were boring to trek through and populated by such a prolific quantity of skill checks as to be ridiculous. Every five feet there's a locked box or some such, and every skill check involves staring at a fucking progress bar for five seconds.

Nobody wanted as much as I for WL2 to be a good game... but it wasn't. It was (and probably still is) mediocre in all respects.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Revision Released
1. Re: Deus Ex: Revision Released Oct 13, 2015, 20:05 PHJF

Deus Ex is quite conveniently $1.40 right now. I'll give the mod a go.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2015, 10:16 PHJF

What do you need 32GB of RAM for?  

8. Re: Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Released Oct 13, 2015, 10:13 PHJF

A combination of things did it, most importantly the UI and weird graphics and combat turns.

How about the fact combat was awful and was never any fun start to finish...

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 12, 2015, 22:40 PHJF

My $10 bluetooth dongle works just fine with my DS4. Once again MS peddling overpriced garbage. Guess it is a damn sight better than their $100 wifi adapter, though.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Oct 12, 2015, 20:23 PHJF

NASA has laid out a detailed plan for how it intends to send humans to Mars in the next few decades. The 36-page report explains the technology and infrastructure that will be needed search for some guy named Mark Watney and intent to send him off alone to make missions to Mars a reality.

17. Re: Cinemax developing new George R. R. Martin show. Oct 12, 2015, 14:14 PHJF

I would agree if you intentionally injure someone, then "you get suspended until the person you hurt is able to play again". But it looked to me like Utley was just trying to break up a double play.

What the fuck do you think the outcome is going to be if you sprint at and dive leg first into somebody's legs??? It's remotely forgivable if the fielder is actually on the bag because that's where the runner is supposed to be going. Sliding THREE FEET OFF THE BAG is about AS INTENTIONAL AS IT GETS.

11. Re: Chase Utley suspended 2 games... Oct 12, 2015, 12:21 PHJF

You think getting HBP is on the same level as potentially ending a career breaking somebody's leg?  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2015, 11:18 PHJF

Getting annoying seeing all the good shows so spread out over so many premium channels. Can't we just put everything on HBO...  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 11, 2015, 22:12 PHJF

Wasn't as bad as the Pirates takeout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opMIWQN-83o

News Comments > No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition
10. Re: No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Oct 11, 2015, 18:33 PHJF

Who the heck wants to install 30+ GB games from on a ridiculous # of DVD's?

Well seeing as how that's what we did with floppies and cds...

And people on Google fiber probably don't give a shit, but on my terrible connection it's much faster to write from a disc than to download anything.

9650 Comments. 483 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo