Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9702 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Canadian man gets $8K refund from Microsoft for in-game purchases. Jan 26, 2016, 13:18 PHJF

How the hell is there $8000 worth of DLC for a console version of a FIFA game?

They saw what works for phone games and decided to copy it. The last two movies I've gone to see have featured pre-show commercials starring Christoph Fucking Waltz. I mean who gives a shit if Kate Whatshername is flogging phone games, but when its Hans Landa and ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER you should be afraid...

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 25, 2016, 10:08 PHJF

Unfortunately for LeChiffre, money isn't as important to our organization as knowing who to trust.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2016, 14:58 PHJF

I made a huge batch of lean turkey chili that turned out quite good. Used a lot more veggies and beans than meat, heated with a few habaneros, and seasoned with pureed dried chilies. Ever since using The Best Carne Asada Sauce/Marinade I've refused to go back to shitty store-bought chili powder.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2016, 13:56 PHJF

I've been saying this for awhile but Netflix needs to stop adding shity originals that no one wants

You mean some of the best-received titles of last year like Master of None and Kimmy Schmidt? Daredevil? Orange is the New Black? House of Cards? No one wants those, right?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2016, 12:53 PHJF

Living on a top floor may bottom out chance of surviving cardiac arrest

... unless you use the fucking stairs, you fatass, so you don't have a heart attack in the first place.

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released
6. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released Jan 16, 2016, 17:32 PHJF

Doesn't support widescreen other than 16x9 (my 16x10 is letterboxed, and I hear 21:9 breaks the GUI)...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Jan 15, 2016, 12:11 PHJF

It's better for aiming if you are playing a shooter. Which this (mostly) isn't.

I don't know how people can't grasp that the keyboard is a really awful device for player movement in a 3D space. WASD is functionally the same as an NES pad. Sacrificing some omnidirectional finesse for the sake of 360* variable movement is a no brainer. If and only if a keyboard comes standard with an analog control apparatus will M+K overtake a gamepad in usefulness cases outside strategy games and shooters where the finesse of a mouse is mandatory.

And don't use interfaces as an excuse. If you can't navigate an interface efficiently with every input device, you've got an interface problem, not a device problem.

3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 15, 2016, 11:22 PHJF

Wouldn't consider playing it without a gamepad in the first place.  

1. Re: Game Reviews Jan 15, 2016, 10:28 PHJF

With all ports from console to PC, there is a lot of worry around the topics like frame rate, resolution, keyboard and mouse controls, and general performance. Fortunately, Dragon's Dogma is one of the best ports I've seen in awhile. From an unlocked frame rate to 4K resolution support, Dragon's Dogma on PC satisfies all the requested categories and goes even further to deliver extras such as a field-of-view slider and well-thought-out keyboard and mouse controls. The control scheme is what surprised me most, because what I press on instinct was mapped properly from the beginning. Above all else, the game performed perfectly with no slowdowns or crashes to desktop.

Eh I guess I'll just buy it again, $24 at GMG... if was after all my favorite PS3 title...

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2016, 11:08.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
13. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 12:59 PHJF

Loved the feeling of "flying" a spaceship though. They nailed that IMO.

Yeah but if only somebody were capable of making an actually good game out of it... I'm finally playing KSP and while it's apples to oranges it's a far, far, far better and entertaining space game. 70 hours in and I'm still constantly evolving new strategies to meet new and ever-more-complex challenges... whereas after a few days in Elite you've done and seen virtually everything, and all that's left is repetition.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2016, 14:33 PHJF

Earbuds will not stay in when running without extra support, unless your idea of running is a 5mph brisk walk. Sennheiser PX 100 is the best for reasonably cheap and lightweight phones without sacrificing audio quality.  

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
50. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 12:20 PHJF

Similar services make loads of money (xbox live, netflix, etc) doing the exact same thing and people love it.

Pretty sure Netflix launched with more than four titles...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 10, 2016, 20:37 PHJF

People need to start buying Dragon's Dogma so I can get a damn sequel.

What if I already have both it and Dark Arisen on PS3...

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2016, 13:25 PHJF

And that, where some of us live, the best we can get is 3mb down and 512k up even though there is literally a fiber line on the poles in front of our houses.

But it would cost $150,000 to lay that extra hundred feet of cable! The cable company said so!!!

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 40 Player Battle Shown Jan 6, 2016, 13:23 PHJF

The only thing that is surprising about this is that the average gamer somehow thinks this will be anything more than a niche product.

With that kind of a price it will be... I have a hard time believing the production cost of some cheap headphones and a gutted Samsung phone add up to $600...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2016, 09:32 PHJF

I'm starting to grow frustrated with the flakiness of my cable service

You and 300,000,000 other Americans...

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored
23. Re: Assassin's Creed Egypt Setting Rumored Jan 5, 2016, 10:21 PHJF

ACIII wasn't bad. It was probably their most ambitious game to date from a world-building perspective, and it was paced pretty well.

After being surprised by how unexpectedly well done and entertaining Black Flag was, I get the feeling a lot of people were expecting its follow ups to further expand on the core mechanics of AC. Instead, Syndicate gives us... a grappling hook.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday
43. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Wednesday Jan 5, 2016, 10:06 PHJF

Dude Oculus isn't going anywhere. Facebook made sure of that. What you should be worried about is when that shiny new $XXX Rift is going to be obsolete and replaced by the Rift 2, thanks to the plague-like paradigm perpetrated by Apple of rendering hardware obsolete inside of two years.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 5, 2016, 09:55 PHJF

Speaking of AI and butter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7HmltUWXgs

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 4, 2016, 21:37 PHJF

Guessing you didn't watch Ex Machina...  

9702 Comments. 486 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo