Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9674 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
6. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 15:18 PHJF

I've done four timer missions and none of them were difficult. The timer only even came into play on the very first one, where my lameass rookies were struggling to kill anything. Maybe it will be an issue later on if/when maps get larger.

And you're an idiot if you buy/bought xcom from Steam. It's still 46 on GMG for NA users, and no doubt cheaper still elsewhere and for other regions.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
46. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 6, 2016, 15:08 PHJF

Man the 90% chance to hit while flanking an enemy miss pisses me off. I'm pretty sure my grenadier needs some serious lasic

90? I have 85... when flanking... standing NEXT TO an enemy... I got my ass kicked on the second fricken mission like four times. Didn't help I had two squaddies on 20-day DL after the FIRST mission and was rolling with a pack of rookies, but still. Commander difficulty is kicking me in the pants.

The worst thing yet was when Advent dropship came in... and I had everyone surrounding the drop point on overwatch... and not a single person hits anything. Are you KIDDING?

News Comments > DOOM in May
54. Re: DOOM in May Feb 5, 2016, 16:52 PHJF

Missles were the weapon of choice for Revenants. Resurrection was something Arch-viles did; their primary weapon was immolation.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2016, 16:48 PHJF

That's really shitty news about Mirra. The guy was the Tony Hawk of BMX (and not just because of the knockoff video game). He and Ryan Nyquist were always amazing to watch.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 5, 2016, 13:10 PHJF

Well the problem is there are only so many "features" you can tack onto a keyboard, and keyboard design hasn't evolved/changed one iota over decades (remember that scroll lock?). The keyboard and mice market is supersaturated with countless OEMs; it's remarkably difficult to differentiate oneself.

The one thing I'm seeing in this keyboard that stands out (pun intended) is the raised switch mechanism. I know most of us have all manner of cheezy poof residue and enough hair to replace Donald Trump's toupe residing under our keys.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
3. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 11:17 PHJF

Seems like they improved everything BUT the base building and the research and technologies, which are the only two things that I wanted improved...

As long as you aren't railroaded down constantly constructing satellites (since the stupidest thing in XCOM, countries leaving, isn't in the game anymore)...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2016, 10:54 PHJF

HAPPY XCOM EVE  

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
11. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin Feb 3, 2016, 02:14 PHJF

This isn't the actual NFSMW (which was fantastically fun), it's the rebooted Criterion one (which was pretty crappy). I could waste away hours at a time running from cops in the original 2005 title, but the 2012 one just wasn't any fun. Cars felt bad and the cops were terrible.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Feb 2, 2016, 12:22 PHJF

You don't need a code...

$59.99 $46.19

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jan 30, 2016, 09:59 PHJF

I was interested in it, but I'm passing because of the fact it's a series of puzzles with nothing substantive behind them. Why spend time/money making the game look like it does if it's nothing but window dressing?  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust
9. Re: Quoteworthy - EA on PC Gamer Trust Jan 29, 2016, 10:43 PHJF

Haven't purchased an EA title since Dead Space 2, and other than Battlefield I've never felt like I was missing out on anything.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2016, 12:03 PHJF

You should take up tennis with the missus. Great exercise (if you are trying), free (assuming you have nearby outdoor courts), low cost of entry.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Canadian man gets $8K refund from Microsoft for in-game purchases. Jan 26, 2016, 13:18 PHJF

How the hell is there $8000 worth of DLC for a console version of a FIFA game?

They saw what works for phone games and decided to copy it. The last two movies I've gone to see have featured pre-show commercials starring Christoph Fucking Waltz. I mean who gives a shit if Kate Whatshername is flogging phone games, but when its Hans Landa and ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER you should be afraid...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 25, 2016, 10:08 PHJF

Unfortunately for LeChiffre, money isn't as important to our organization as knowing who to trust.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2016, 14:58 PHJF

I made a huge batch of lean turkey chili that turned out quite good. Used a lot more veggies and beans than meat, heated with a few habaneros, and seasoned with pureed dried chilies. Ever since using The Best Carne Asada Sauce/Marinade I've refused to go back to shitty store-bought chili powder.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2016, 13:56 PHJF

I've been saying this for awhile but Netflix needs to stop adding shity originals that no one wants

You mean some of the best-received titles of last year like Master of None and Kimmy Schmidt? Daredevil? Orange is the New Black? House of Cards? No one wants those, right?

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2016, 12:53 PHJF

Living on a top floor may bottom out chance of surviving cardiac arrest

... unless you use the fucking stairs, you fatass, so you don't have a heart attack in the first place.

News Comments > Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released
6. Re: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Released Jan 16, 2016, 17:32 PHJF

Doesn't support widescreen other than 16x9 (my 16x10 is letterboxed, and I hear 21:9 breaks the GUI)...  

5. Re: Game Reviews Jan 15, 2016, 12:11 PHJF

It's better for aiming if you are playing a shooter. Which this (mostly) isn't.

I don't know how people can't grasp that the keyboard is a really awful device for player movement in a 3D space. WASD is functionally the same as an NES pad. Sacrificing some omnidirectional finesse for the sake of 360* variable movement is a no brainer. If and only if a keyboard comes standard with an analog control apparatus will M+K overtake a gamepad in usefulness cases outside strategy games and shooters where the finesse of a mouse is mandatory.

And don't use interfaces as an excuse. If you can't navigate an interface efficiently with every input device, you've got an interface problem, not a device problem.

3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 15, 2016, 11:22 PHJF

Wouldn't consider playing it without a gamepad in the first place.  

9674 Comments. 484 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo