Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9700 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend
10. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend Oct 14, 2016, 13:14 PHJF

The game actually hasn't improved much at all in that time. They released the deadliest warrior TV-show tie-in side game and basically ledt this one in the dust. There are still alot of unaddressed bugs in characters and maps that probably will never get worked out at this point.

Because they have a spiritual successor coming out soon with magic and shit in it.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2016, 08:49 PHJF

I once ordered some cables from Amazon via a 3rd party seller. The cables were labeled as Retail. They arrived OEM. I didn't light a torch and grab a pitchfork, but I did mention it in product review and took a couple stars off or whatever. Like a day later I get this call from the seller (he straight-up calls me) pleading for me to change my review and offering to send me free cables and shit and imploring there's no difference between OEM and retail (which I know). He goes on about how this is his living and man I gotta help him out...

Yikes.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Oct 13, 2016, 07:54 PHJF

Souls is the only game/series in the last decade to make my heart race, and routinely. That edge-of-your-seat feeling is just pretty much gone from video games.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition
24. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Special Edition Oct 11, 2016, 07:51 PHJF

Isn't this release supposed to have native VR support?  

News Comments > Kerbal Space Program Team Turnover; Patch Next Week
3. Re: Kerbal Space Program Team Turnover; Patch Next Week Oct 5, 2016, 07:56 PHJF

Are the wheels seriously still not fixed? They completely broke airplanes with the 1.1 wheels update and that was months ago...  

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Announced
12. Re: Wasteland 3 Announced Sep 28, 2016, 13:24 PHJF

Ahh Wasteland 2, or as I remember it "stand there watching a skill check progress bar fill up when interacting with virtually any and everything"...  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
14. Re: Robots will eliminate 6% of all US jobs by 2021, report says. Sep 19, 2016, 08:09 PHJF

My university calculus teachers were woefully inadequate for the job. Calculus is already pretty heavy stuff, but having somebody with less than stellar English teach it to a room full of Americans is asking for trouble.  

News Comments > Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released
16. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 1, 2016, 21:06 PHJF

Pretty sure rubberbanding was fixed via a community patch some time ago anyways... Game had a pretty dedicated little community.  

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 18:01 PHJF

I mean, sure, I could have waited a week and then paid full price for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

It's $45 on GMG at this moment.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 11:46 PHJF

Unfortunately the PS3 version is 720p, and my eyes are sending me hate mail. How is the PC port? Assuming it scales up in resolution, I may have to pick that version up instead. Steam reviews are pretty damn favorable. Are the Mouse/KB controls tolerable, or does it require a gamepad?

There are basically no improvements to the core game or engine. It's a straight port, but it runs really well and obviously you can run at higher resolution, plus they released it at $30 MSRP. I bought the base game and Dark Arisen when they came out on PS3, and had no problem whatsoever paying ~$24 (at GMG upon release) for Dark Arisen PC right when it came out. I very easily put another 100+ hours into replaying it on PC.

And I played it with a DS4 pad so I cant comment on mouse/keyboard (if you already own a PS3, why wouldn't you want to just use a DS3?)

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2016, 17:31 PHJF

Been using an XFX PSU for quite a few years now. Frankly the brand isn't near as important as the OEM the unit is based upon, with the brand really only impacting the warranty. Just consult The Tom's Hardware PSU Tier List to make sure your potential PSU uses quality Japanese components.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 18, 2016, 07:17 PHJF

Type in "gg ez" to everyone now and you'll end up telling your fellow players such delightful phrases as:

I feel very, very small... please hold me...
It's past my bedtime. Please don't tell my mommy.
I'm wrestling with some insecurity issues in my life but thank you for playing with me.
I'm trying to be a nicer person. It's hard, but I'm trying, guys.

Yeah gg ez is such an offensive term, better censor it so we don't offend Anita Sarkeesian or something. Good to know Daddy Blizzard is making sure internet bullies can't upset me in my video games.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2016, 12:53 PHJF

I mean I generally get whatever is on sale (and I am very limited to a small whole bean selection in my shitty supermarkets) but I like Starbucks beans. French, Italian, Espresso, Sumatra dark roasts are all good. And no, they don't "taste burnt."  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2016, 09:42 PHJF

It's up to personal preference but you CAN freeze coffee in an airtight container. Some argue doing so actually yields a more uniform grind, while others argue it is too harsh on the beans.

Anyways the smaller Starbucks bags go on sale (for ~$7 usually) often enough at the supermarket that I tend to just buy ~3 of them at a time and restock as needed.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 12, 2016, 08:13 PHJF

You 20 down is rather slow, but you only get 1 up for $50/m?

In my experience ALL US ISPs offer cripplingly slow upstreams. They do not want people hosting anything from residences.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2016, 17:25 PHJF

Woman, 73, fatally shot by Florida officer role-playing as ‘bad guy’ during citizen police academy

That's so fucking stupid I don't know where to begin. The entire department should be buried alive and left for dead.

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
16. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 8, 2016, 23:12 PHJF

Sandbox is a synonym for open world.

Witcher 3 is an open world game. It ain't a sandbox. Sandbox implies creativity as a major factor in play.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
30. Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 7, 2016, 06:30 PHJF

if you really need this sort of Guffin and don`t just enjoy roleplaying/creating your own stories in an infinite sandbox

Yeah we were fed this line with Elite Dangerous as well and the game is BORING AS FUCK. There have to be adequate SYSTEMS in PLACE to ALLOW that, which NMS seems completely lacking.

It`s quite sad to see that majority (at least judging by comments here) of once-leading in innovation PC gaming community are locked in a baseless hate exercise

I certainly don't hate the game (I HATE Donald Trump. A video game is just a video game), but I think everything shown of it since its initial trailer hasn't done a bit of good in making the game look either fun or interesting... which is a shocking achievement for a title which has had as much press as NMS.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2016, 16:05 PHJF

Wiki

Hurricane Sandy (unofficially known as "Superstorm Sandy") was the deadliest and most destructive hurricane of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, and the second-costliest hurricane in United States history. Classified as the eighteenth named storm, tenth hurricane and second major hurricane of the year, Sandy was a Category 3 storm at its peak intensity when it made landfall in Cuba.[1] While it was a Category 2 storm off the coast of the Northeastern United States, the storm became the largest Atlantic hurricane on record (as measured by diameter, with winds spanning 1,100 miles (1,800 km)).[3][4] Estimates as of 2015 assessed damage to have been about $75 billion (2012 USD), a total surpassed only by Hurricane Katrina.[5] At least 233 people were killed along the path of the storm in eight countries.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2016, 15:29 PHJF

Guess we are pretending Sandy didn't happen?  

9700 Comments. 485 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo