Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9792 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2017, 16:43 PHJF

Actually, while I totally respect her foster rescue parent, I'm not a fan of the whole "treat reward system".

Whether you are a fan or not really doesn't matter, because it works, and is the universally accepted means to train dogs. You eventually stop giving them treats for simple commands, but they'll keep performing anyways. That's what training is.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 29, 2017, 16:40 PHJF

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 16:23:
Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:43:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 13:40:
Yeah, we'll get a purpose built vehicle for this within 10 years. Probably closer to scooter sized than car sized. Also, fully electric, I imagine.

It doesn't matter what they build. It's not cost-effective or convenient. Most people will gladly pay the couple of bucks to have someone bring it to the door then make the effort of going out to get it themselves. If you're already throwing shoes and clothes on to do so than you may as well just pick it up or make pizza at home.

You've clearly never delivered pizza before or worked in service industry. Most people are fickle and cheap and tip next to nothing.

Most people don't care to support an industry charging a "delivery fee" and then expecting people to tip the delivery driver. I haven't had pizza delivered since that asinine fee showed up.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2017, 15:29 PHJF

Any shared wisdom on controlling a dog while walking?

Any and all dog training is about rewarding good behavior. Getting a dog to walk well starts inside the house. Get your dog to look at and listen to you regularly on command. Get your dog to sit on command. Get your dog to stay on command. Get your dog to come on command. Get your dog to "leave it" on command. Once ALL THAT is done, you can start using your toolbox to have nice walks together. Same rules apply outside; reward your dog for keeping pace and not pulling, get your dog's attention on you the moment before he gets distracted by something, and just periodically practice other commands as you go.

News Comments > Xenia This Week
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 29, 2017, 09:19 PHJF

So it's basically Volgarr the Viking, only horrible in every way?  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today
1. Re: Destiny 2 Beta Preloads Today Aug 25, 2017, 10:21 PHJF

Wow a three day beta, in the middle of the work week? Sign me up! Oh wait, it's the first week of fall semester and I have, you know, a job. I guess don't sign me up.  

News Comments > EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a "Great Game" Series May Continue
15. Re: EA: Mass Effect: Andromeda a Aug 25, 2017, 09:58 PHJF

The game was not good. Not even in passing. Not even if it was even on Steam for a Steam sale.

I played maybe thirty minutes. This game really is that bad.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 25, 2017, 09:30 PHJF

He's a product of America and capitalism in general, or did you not notice who somehow got elected PRESIDENT recently? You can't train generations of children that greed is good and selfishness is a virtue and then reprimand them for following through.  

News Comments > Overwatch Season 6 Details and Mercy Change Plans
1. Re: Overwatch Season 6 Details and Mercy Change Plans Aug 25, 2017, 09:26 PHJF

See, there's the problem with the game and Blizzard in general; making archetypal changes to design well after the game is released. TF2 and CS certainly added bits and pieces post release, but they didn't fundamentally redesign core aspects. If aspects of a game need fundamentally redesigned, they should be redesigned in the beta. That's the point of a beta. Patch after patch sees characters swinging wildly back and forth between fun and boring, between useless and overpowered.

First there was Widowmaker bodyshotting Zenyattas.

Then there was McCree hammer-fanning... everybody.

Next we had Roadhog's BS hook instakills.

Then we had Lucio's healing being OP

Next we had Symmetra's ult being absolutely worthless 50% of the time (and shield gen is an ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LAZY "fix" for this)

These guys can make a fine skeleton of a game, but they're pretty terrible at the nuts and bolts of it.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2017, 12:34 PHJF

Here's my boy we adopted from a foster back in May this year. He was about a year at the time.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 10:49 PHJF

I picked up a habit from my brother in law of developing a voice for my dog and saying aloud what I think he's thinking at any given moment.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2017, 13:51 PHJF

Uhhhh, Blue...

... where's your facial hair?

News Comments > Songbringer Next Month
1. Re: Songbringer Next Month Aug 15, 2017, 09:42 PHJF

Played this game already, it was called Hyper Light Drifter.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2017, 14:45 PHJF

Kxmode wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 14:25:
Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 13:36:
That's the problem with those old buildings. It costs far more to repair and maintain them then it would be to scrap them and build something new and efficient. It's just a huge waste of money for a public service building.

Have you never heard of sentimental value? It's not an "old building." For Londoners and England in general, Big Ben (the building and the clock) remains a part of the culture and heritage for over 150 years. I guarantee you if you asked any Londoner what you just said, they would be appalled at such a thought.

By contrast, most Parisians would pay good money to see la tour Eiffel torn down.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2017, 11:46 PHJF

Razer is fucking trash, got a Copperhead back when they were super popular and the left mouse button failed within six months.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2017, 13:16 PHJF

Crimson Peak wasn't fucked up, it was just a really boring movie.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 10:27 PHJF

Well, my main objection to Dunkirk is it actually happened. And while it is certainly an example of something we need to remember so we can make every effort not to repeat it -- watching a realistic re-enactment doesn't seem "entertaining". But I agree, it looks like another good film by Nolan, and despite my being hesitant about it -- I will probably see it at some point.

It's a fictionalized story built around the actual event... like Saving Private Ryan... which was an absolute masterpiece. It's not realistic; it doesn't even have gore (it's PG-13). Setting the subject aside it still sounds brilliant (Nolan is an amazing director, after all). I'm gonna go see it on Saturday.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 10:14 PHJF

I'd say a congressman asking a question of a scientist is an improvement over the current trend of politicians circumventing or ignoring scientists altogether (cough, climate change, cough).  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2017, 16:28 PHJF

Dunkirk is apparently a masterpiece...  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2017, 11:10 PHJF

By the way, I just got the NVidia class action refund on my two GTX970 cards. Anyone else receive this? Did I miss a story on it?

They sent me a letter about a month ago saying my claim was insufficient (the claim I'd submitted like 10 months ago), after I'd given them all my hardware IDs and a copy of my newegg invoice. Apparently they did this to a great many people.

News Comments > Evil Within 2 Story FAQ
1. Re: Evil Within 2 Story FAQ Jul 14, 2017, 11:28 PHJF

You donít need to have any prior knowledge of The Evil Within in order to jump into The Evil Within 2 and understand the conflict and setting

Nobody who played Evil Within understood the conflict or setting. It was a bunch a fucked-up Inception style shit involving brain jacking machines and time travel and mind melding bull shit.

9792 Comments. 490 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo