Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9649 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway
71. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 24, 2016, 18:10 PHJF

The reasons for regional pricing are obvious, it's simply cheaper to operate and deliver content in certain countries.

Ummm no, that is not why games are priced regionally. They are priced regionally because consumers in certain markets CAN NOT AFFORD to pay what first-world Westerners pay. Publishers can lower prices in those reasons to make some kind of money, or set one price globally and not make any money at all in poorer markets. Problem is the internet is by it's nature globalized and without borders, so of course people are going to work around regional pricing.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

60. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 24, 2016, 11:06 PHJF

Those are not randomly arranged bits, 100's of thousands of man hours were spent arranging them. It is a product like anything else. Don't like the price, don't buy it.

Or I will buy it. At the lowest price I can find. Because America is supposedly a capitalist bastion, and to do anything else would be decidedly un-American.

54. Re: Steam Summer Picnic Sale Underway Jun 24, 2016, 08:55 PHJF

Great comparison? Bits of data don't have material value which significantly varies from region to region. It's a god-awful comparison.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 23, 2016, 11:01 PHJF

Getting rid of external ports is the only reasonable way to make phones really water resistant.

But I'm sure Apple has ulterior motives.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 22, 2016, 12:26 PHJF

Shovel Knight team is working on a third campaign.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2016, 22:22 PHJF

Feel like 10 episodes is NOT enough for a season...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2016, 17:45 PHJF

Local delivery joints are frequently better than major chains, but if you're too lazy to make your own pizza or get carry out from a restaurant then even frozen pizza is better, and a hell of a lot cheaper.

PJs is so bad. The crust and cheese are flavorless as can be, and the icing on the cake is the pepperoncini (yeah look we're classy, just like Olive Garden!) they throw in the box and the ludicrously disgusting garlic oil dip shit they include by default.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2016, 16:52 PHJF

Papa John's is DEFINITELY the worst.  

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2016, 10:03 PHJF

So the penalty for Ticketmaster is they have to give out coupons. My pizza delivery boxes all do that already, and nobody sued the pizza company.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 20, 2016, 23:09 PHJF

Fallout 4 will do a pretty good job souring itself.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 20, 2016, 18:33 PHJF

How is it that armies in fantasy miraculously march in complete stealth and with such speed...  

News Comments > Different Steam Top 10
4. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 13:05 PHJF

Without knowing anything about it whatsoever, I'll bet dollars to donuts it's an early access multiplayer survival horror game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: longest day/night Jun 20, 2016, 11:19 PHJF

Man, last I had heard Westworld was on hold or something. Looks like one of the more ambitious projects for television, even by HBO standards.  

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
28. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 14:13 PHJF

I thought one of the big draws of Destiny was there was this ten year over arching story the players will ride through.

From somebody who reads a lot of sci-fi... Destiny's (total lack of) narrative is hot garbage.

News Comments > Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days
17. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 14:03 PHJF

Then don't buy it until it's available for different versions, but don't give me that entitled whining.

Well no, I already said I won't pay a dime for it if it has any Win10 exclusivity period.

Maybe you didn't notice, but MS has a long and sordid history of shitting all over PC gamers; they tried to make us pay for Xbox Live, for fucks sake. At this point you want to give them an inch AFTER they've already taken the mile.

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
22. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 13:42 PHJF

Destiny was only remarkable for one thing, and that was something they gave up on within months: raids. The six-man raiding in an FPS was wholly unique and ton of fun, and they pissed it away in the name of same-as-it-ever-was team deathmatch and arena survival.

They loved to complain that very few people actually did the raids, but always glossed over there was no fucking matchmaking for raids and the only way to play with strangers was to use third-party websites to organize. Which I did, for many weeks, because it was challenging and fun in a game mired in an overall lack of original ideas.

13. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 13:34 PHJF

Um yes it is, it a LOT better than never being able to play it on any other version of Windows.

This is markedly worse than not having it on Windows at all. Microsoft is telling us there is no compatibility issue between the latest Windows versions. The only reason it's "exclusive" to Win10 is money.

Windows 10 is NOT a platform. Whereas there is real work involved in providing backwards compatibility between games consoles, there is literally nothing a developer has to do to make a Win10 title work on Win7. If they think stubborn Win7/8 users like myself will finally cave in to the endless "upgrade your fucking PC to Win10 or else" spam brigade for the sake of playing Dead Rising 4, they're fucking nuts. In reality they are just convincing me not to buy the game, period (and I actually do own and enjoy DR3 on Steam).

3. Re: Dead Rising 4 Win10 Exclusivity is 90 Days Jun 17, 2016, 10:27 PHJF

It's launching on Xbone and Win10...  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Cable STB Compromise Jun 17, 2016, 09:27 PHJF

I'm still not seeing how having to deal with stupid customers (which I'm not sure you are aware but every industry deals with stupid customers) should exempt TV providers from having an open platform.

And this hole was dug by the industry itself, as is always the case with telecoms. You think it's legitimate for a cable company to tell customers, at every opportunity, their monthly bill will be X dollars, then charge them up to 40% more in completely hidden and arbitrary fees? And then to charge hundreds of dollars to cancel service when the customer gets pissed off??? And you think it's UNACCEPTABLE when a customer tries to mitigate those fees?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Cable STB Compromise Jun 16, 2016, 22:33 PHJF

Ummmm you've been able to use your own modem with Time Warner for, like, ever. Don't know why you think a STB would be a stretch... especially after how successful a little STB named TiVo was.  

9649 Comments. 483 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo