Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9911 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September
77. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 4, 2019, 07:21 PHJF

2) Epic is not reducing options, nor choice. The truth is, you've only ever had one option and no choices. Steam has been your only choice for nearly every game. Seriously, look through your library and see how many are available without Steam. You'll probably find less than 20% available elsewhere (at least when they launched.)

Just because a game is exclusively on Steam doesn't mean I have to buy the game on Steam (because it is often cheaper not to). Granted I have zero experience with Epic but I doubt GMG sells "Epic keys".

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September
25. Re: Borderlands 3 on Epic Games Store in September Apr 3, 2019, 13:13 PHJF

Borderlands 2 while mostly iterative was at least steps forward in several regards:

1) Locations were highly varied

2) Narrative was delivered well (BL1 had none)

3) The engine was better

This, on the other hand, looks like the ONLY change in seven years of downtime has been new player classes... which amounts to peanuts considering the only difference between classes has and probably will be minuscule statistical variations and the SINGULAR class active ability.

I mean I loved BL2 because I'm a sucker for loot-driven games, but this is not at all what I want or expect from another sequel, let alone one this late in coming.

News Comments > More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Become Human
66. Re: More Epic Games Store Exclusives Include PC Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, and Detroit: Bec Mar 21, 2019, 11:40 PHJF

I was an enormous fan of Battlefield, yet I somehow managed to stop buying them when EA launched origin. It would take an act of non-existent god to get me to sign up for Epic's platform.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2019, 11:42 PHJF

I had that same problem with the white background. Simply toggle Retro Colors on the left-hand menu and then switch back to New Blue.

My new-post-asterisk feature isn't working, though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2019, 16:08 PHJF

Yeah Sekiro looks like it could be the best Souls game yet... everything looks much more fluid and tactile.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 11:59 PHJF

My mind was blown by the two frictionlness masses colliding into a wall producing pi...

I shared it with other people and they didnít think it was interesting &#128532;

News Comments > Diablo on GOG.com, More Blizzard Classics to Follow
10. Re: Diablo on GOG.com, More Blizzard Classics to Follow Mar 7, 2019, 11:29 PHJF

I just started playing d2 again. Itís shockingly laggy on blizzards servers... hardcore would be impossible  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 17, 2019, 07:42 PHJF

FF is a massive hog, at least for me. I just booted Windows and came here and I'm sitting at 350MB of usage.

The only addons I have are uBlock and NoScript.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 10, 2019, 15:07 PHJF

By law in Ohio the police department must post ahead of time when and where OVI (they changed it from DUI years back because technically you don't have to be driving the vehicle to be charged, just in the driver's seat with keys in reach) checkpoints are to be. Can't see how google posting public information would be offensive...  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash
43. Re: Metro Exodus Epic Deal Sparks Backlash Jan 30, 2019, 16:16 PHJF

Steam has been on a nosedive for years between early access garbage, the lack of any gate flooding the market with absolute fucking shit, the terrible prices on sales and the lack of any forward momentum with the UI... but it's where my games are.

I'm not signing up for another platform, least of all one from a developer that hasn't put out anything worth playing in over a decade.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 29, 2019, 09:40 PHJF

This is a Razer Deathadder Elite, and the product page claims this is a mechanical switch that's "durable up to 50 million clicks," so either it's falling short of their specification, or I have been executing more than 70,000 left clicks per day, which seems farfetched.

Same thing happened to the only Razer product I ever purchased, a Copperhead, except my mouse didn't even make it a full year of use.

Straight back to Logitech after that misstep.

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access Next Week
12. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access Next Week Jan 27, 2019, 10:56 PHJF

The best thing about Subnautica is it does not overstay its welcome. These survival games have a tendency to not have an endgame and can just drag on and on and on. Subnautica is foremost a focused experience with a clear sense of progression and a clear goal and at no point feels like a grind, which distinguishes itself from virtually every other survival-exploration game.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2019, 15:47 PHJF

Hey I do all the baking in my kitchen. Do almost all the cooking, too... and the grocery shopping... and cleaning...

My god, I'm a woman!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2019, 12:07 PHJF

Wow I can't believe they want $60 for RE2 remake.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 19, 2019, 14:31 PHJF

Bertie Bert is ten times the dog Boo ever was!

News Comments > while True: learn() Released
8. Re: while True: learn() Released Jan 18, 2019, 08:21 PHJF

pfft, get outta here with that assembly nonsense. Give me some ones and zeroes.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Jan 15, 2019, 09:58 PHJF

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 08:41:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2019, 21:06:
I'm sure Randy was just joking. At least that is what will be claimed.

Yup, and I'm sure at least one person here will say "it's just boys being boys, that's how all men act!" when it's a boss ridiculing an employee.

If true, man, fuck Randy. Don't get me wrong, people here say the same stuff to KXMODE, but man, it's different to say it on a messageboard to people who are willfully and happily engaging in the discussion, and to say it to a man that reports to you, in his office.

If he's like kx then he'd have been constantly bringing up his religious nonsense at every opportunity (and non opportunity) after having said he wouldn't.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 15:07 PHJF

CK will claim he doesn't care about being likable, but why else would anyone book his continually-cratering career at their club?

Louis sexually harassed people... which has nothing to do with comedy.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 14:43 PHJF

He SHOULDN'T apologize. He's a comedian. The best-regarded comedy has often been offensive.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2019, 13:57 PHJF

Well it's easy to take it too far in the other direction. Terry Gross was basically hammering Kevin Hart on NPR yesterday over a decade-old homophobic tweet and I just kept thinking... yeah, he's a fucking comedian, not the president of the United States. Get over it.  

9911 Comments. 496 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo