Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PHJF

Real Name PHJF   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PHJF
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description VE3D Refugee
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 29, 2003, 02:16
Total Comments 9674 (Guru)
User ID 17251

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 3, 2016, 11:05 PHJF

It shows that a person will pander to anything to try to squeeze another vote out.

I mean all Trump can do is pander and posture because nobody can legitimately vote for him based on policy: HAS HAS NONE.

And 99% of politicians pander or posture to one degree or another. It's infuriating and depressing to see an otherwise honorable candidate do it, but in a system where money is the defining resource to launching a political campaign, such practice is all but a requirement to getting elected.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 3, 2016, 10:59 PHJF

Crucial M500 is my game drive, Samsung Evo is system drive. No complaints here, but then again I waited so long to switch to SSD that virtually anything seems like worlds of improvement.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 2, 2016, 20:27 PHJF

Oh wow he signed "a pledge"?

Yeah if he somehow gets elected and somehow somebody brings this up the immediate response will doubtless be "it's not in the budget."

He's just posturing.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 29, 2016, 13:12 PHJF

Guess what? In almost every case, state law can trump federal law.

Yeah no, marijuana is still very much illegal IN THE UNITED STATES and classified as a Schedule 1 drug, same as any other. There have been cases of The Feds coming into places like California and prosecuting medical marijuana organizations.

While in that particular case the DISTRICT COURT basically sided with the marijuana businesses, it's still open season nation wide. There is more or less a standing order for federal enforcement under the Obama administration to honor state laws where marijuana is concerned, but that changes with the president and obviously isn't a solution. Either the law needs to change for marijuana (and there have been small efforts on a national level here, the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment specifically from a couple years ago which is what saved those businesses in CA, and the CARERS Act which was introduced in 2015-2016 aims to move weed to Schedule II drug among other things) or the Supreme Court needs to rule definitively one way or the other (which doesn't seem likely).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 27, 2016, 14:10 PHJF

Claw grip mouse users are the fucking scum of the earth. Shame on you.  

News Comments > Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam
2. Re: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on Steam Jul 26, 2016, 13:45 PHJF

X-Men Legends 2 was WWAAAYYYYY better.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound
6. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Starbound Jul 23, 2016, 10:00 PHJF

Terraria Otherworld (more Terraria 1.5 than a sequel) was originally supposed to be out for Christmas 2015, but they missed that and have been completely silent through 2016. And Otherworld will be wrapped I think before we have any concrete progress shown on Terraria 2.  

News Comments > Pro Pinball Ultra Released
1. Re: Pro Pinball Ultra Released Jul 22, 2016, 11:23 PHJF

$15 for a single table re-released from 20 years ago?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 22, 2016, 07:56 PHJF

How can a company not patent a mathematical formula but they can patent the application of a mathematical formula? That doesn't make sense. Either a math formula is completely patent free or the Supreme Court ruling is meaningless.

Because patents are ALL ABOUT APPLICATION of an idea, not the idea itself.

You can SAY you're going to invent or create X to accomplish Y, but until you have the specific action or means by which to do it you aren't getting a patent for it.

The problem with patents concerning software is software is so fucking complex and patent offices so not brimming with elite coders that the scope of what is patentable and what isn't is now nebulous at best.

News Comments > Shattered Skies Launches
11. Re: Shattered Skies Launches Jul 22, 2016, 07:54 PHJF

I had ALL of my fill with WarZ...I still watch TotalBiscuit's one time play-through of it whenever I need a good laugh

But those rock textures... so gud!!!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 21, 2016, 23:56 PHJF

Supreme court already stated that you cannot patent mathematical equations. Hence they have nothing to worry about!

Good thing they didn't patent an equation, they patented the application of an equation in rendering 2D/3D images and animations.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2016, 16:35 PHJF

Only thing I don't like about G502 is the scroll wheel, which has a mechanical toggle between "infinity scroll" mode (which I haven't the slightest idea of a use for) and a rather junky-feeling traditional scroll.

None of the new gaming mice have the 3 buttons on top, and I use those A LOT in games.

The 502 has two buttons just off the LMB and a button behind the scroll...

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2016, 10:30 PHJF

Really digging Stranger Things. Retrowave in full effect!  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jul 19, 2016, 08:23 PHJF

We're on an express elevator to hell, going down!

Awww fuck, I missed you already had that one... umm... how about...

Somebody wake up Hicks.

or...

Check those corners... Check those corners!

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2016, 08:37.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2016, 18:15 PHJF

XCOM2 is $29, only thing standing out.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: I got your truth Jul 14, 2016, 08:12 PHJF

I just love the fucking smell of coal grills. Reminds me of summertime as a kid.

And my meats' flavors come from my marinades.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2016, 08:02 PHJF

citizen eco-drive watches for almost half off. virtually all watches 30% off. i scrolled through i think 75 pages worth

Friend wanted a Skagen watch, but even at 30% extra off they were significantly more expensive on Amazon than Jomashop, a random webpage I've never heard of that pops up after googling "Skagen watches". Ordered a watch from there, instead.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2016, 08:30 PHJF

Hey Blue, any chance of getting some impressions and whatnot with your recent VR experiences? Or is it still not working well enough with your glasses?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 30, 2016, 10:46 PHJF

Seeing as how the "lightning jack" qualifies as a "jack", there are no indications of any "jackless" iphone.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
24. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 29, 2016, 21:59 PHJF

People worry too much about fan noise. IMO. Minor gripe.

Tell that to my 970 that sounds like a fuckin jet engine.

9674 Comments. 484 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo